April 20, 2024, 01:54:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 223263 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #360 on: August 20, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »

Do you suppose that because Kyron wasn't doing as well as he should have been in school that Terri lost it? James was sent away, and wasn't doing well in school, and maybe Terri wanted better kids? Just throwing this out there.

I don't know but it seems she wanted him punished harsher than Kaine did.  She's the step-parent and Kaine should have had the final say in that matter.

IMO Kaine comes across as a strong, capable adult and I believe that if he didn't want to do something/anything Terri asked him to with respect to Kyron, then Kaine wouldn't do it.  I don't believe Terri ruled Kaine.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: August 20, 2010, 04:18:31 PM »

I have a son the same age as Kyron and constantly disciplining him for every little thing he might do wrong would have the opposite effect.  I just don't see it as necessary.  I talk with my son and discuss his day at school and go over things he could have done differently.  Punishments are saved for things that are really bad.

Never said there is not a positive reward if good behavior is present. Just said holding a child or person responsible for bad behavior is not a sign of abuse.

That's fine, but that's not what TH was doing. There were several color codes ranging from green to whatever. If Kyron got anything but a green, she wanted him disciplined. Every kid has bad days and non productive days. The color coding was probably to be used as a general measurement, not a daily measurement like Terri insisted on. That's just plain weird.

*Tiptoes in*  Just to point out, all we have is a one-sided 'report' from Kaine, that this is what Terri did.  How do you know for sure what the heck Terri was doing, and why?  Just saying........   

Would you want to be judged with the same yardstick you are judging Terri with?  Really?? 

Actually, if I'd done and said what Terri is purported to have done and said (with plenty of the info coming from LE and people who also said good things as well as the bad and have no "agenda"), then I'd be just like Terri and think life was so unfair. And no tiptoe-ing allowed Wycks. You need to stomp to be heard. 
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #362 on: August 20, 2010, 04:18:59 PM »

Do you suppose that because Kyron wasn't doing as well as he should have been in school that Terri lost it? James was sent away, and wasn't doing well in school, and maybe Terri wanted better kids? Just throwing this out there.

I don't know but it seems she wanted him punished harsher than Kaine did.  She's the step-parent and Kaine should have had the final say in that matter.

IMO Kaine comes across as a strong, capable adult and I believe that if he didn't want to do something/anything Terri asked him to with respect to Kyron, then Kaine wouldn't do it.  I don't believe Terri ruled Kaine.

No, but the article made it sound as though there were disagreements on how Kyron should be punished.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #363 on: August 20, 2010, 04:20:26 PM »

I don't believe that either. And if Kyron was having problems, even though Terri took care of him more then Desiree, wouldn't the mother and father be in charge of the problems, and the two of them would make decisions? I'm asking because I don't have step children.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #364 on: August 20, 2010, 04:21:29 PM »

I can't understand why a parent would not want to teach a child there are consequences for bad behavior and hold them accountable for choices that are not wanted within age guidelines that is.

Tracy I certainly agree that children do need to learn accountability.  The best way to get more of a behavior is to compliment and reward that behavior..rather then punish the few off days.  I think that perhaps rather then look at things from a weekly stand point of Kyron has improved this week..she was like lets look at each and everyday....she then get lost in the detail and missed the whole point of the system the class was using.  This would infact undermine the whole purpose of the weekly updates to parents vs daily and undermine the whole system the teacher was trying to use..to both gain self esteem and improvement in her students.

And I imagine the teacher tried to explain that to Terri..because Desiree said in the recent article that Terri would email her complaining about the teacher, about Kyron about Kaine.  Terri didn't seem happy with the three of them.  Perhaps her answer was the disappearance of Kyron..hurting Kaine, hurting the teaching..and hurting Kyron. 

IDK.   

I don't think you understand just how much I do understand the behavioral modification methods used and why. I use them with my disabled child and know that they are needed to teach him because he doesn't have the ability to understand as a non disabled child does. I don't happen to believe a child who is not disabled needs to have these tools to be honest with you. I expect children to listen, to follow the rules and to be good students and citizens.
As I have said over and over again until my face is blue, if Terri locked Kyron up, hit him and I will include, verbally attacked him, then that is wrong, wrong, wrong and she would be in my eyes a monster. However the article said she held him accountable by wanting him to go on a time out or have a toy taken away. That is not abusive.

Tracy I was not trying to offend you.  Infact I thought I was supporting you in the position about the need to see all sides in this....and that children need to be held accountable for their behavior.   Please accept my apology if I offended you.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying then
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #365 on: August 20, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »

I don't believe that either. And if Kyron was having problems, even though Terri took care of him more then Desiree, wouldn't the mother and father be in charge of the problems, and the two of them would make decisions? I'm asking because I don't have step children.

I don't have step-children, but I always understood that step-parents never had the final say in discipling step-children.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »

Is it that unusual that parents disagree on issues with children and punishment? Because if it is unusual, guess my husband and I did that wrong also.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »

Well fellow monkeys I am off, BBL. Everyone have a fun safe day and remember to hug your children and tell them you love them more then you need your next breath.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2010, 04:26:27 PM »

Well fellow monkeys I am off, BBL. Everyone have a fun safe day and remember to hug your children and tell them you love them more then you need your next breath.

Have a good day  an angelic monkey
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2010, 04:29:39 PM »

My son has a folder and his teacher writes his positives and negatives.  If he has more negatives than positives, we sit down and discuss why and what he should do to improve.  I just think making a child go to his room on a nearly daily basis doesn't teach the child anything.

(BBM)

You know, I actually saw a program some time ago that said sending your child to their room/bed as punishment will lead to sleeping disorders in adulthood because of the negative associations with that room.  Made sense to me but I still do it.  There's no place else to send them in our house.

Justamama 

I was never sent to my room, I was made to clean for punishment.  I think it was a good idea, it kept me busy and I accomplished
something at the same time.  Parents should give a dust cloth to children to keep them busy. 

This is an excellent idea and one I intend to implement in this household.  Now, the BIGGER question is, as an adult how clean and tidy are you?  Do you clean when you are mad and upset?  This is interesting.
OMG I was punished every day of my life from my Father. From the age of 7 - 19
I spent the summer  vacation in the house because I had bad grades.
I was sent to a Catholic School.
 I got hit by the Nuns and ate my lunch in the Priest Chambers one half of the year because
 I put a hair color in my hair and wore black nylons with my uniform.
I Was your basic nightmare child, my Father said Mom said I was her Angel and I had a trusting & kind heart.

My Mom use to tell my Dad that Punnishing me made me worse,but he just didn't get me..

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2010, 04:30:56 PM »

I don't have step-children, but I always understood that step-parents never had the final say in discipling step-children.

I suppose it depends on the situation. today I told my 9 year old step daughter that regardless if her mother said it was ok, she is not allowed to go into an open internet chatroom and speak with her friends. I told her if I found out about it she would be in trouble. I am sure her mom will email me, who cares, I want to make sure the girl lives to her next birthday! A nine year old in a chatroom, wth?

Ok now I am off, BBL
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2010, 04:31:02 PM »

Blonde  an angelic monkey
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »

I don't either Puzzler.

But I do believe she ruled that household when Kaine wasn't there..meaning at work.

I have a feeling she did exactly what she wanted when she wanted. 

Kaine did not want her to send James away.  So she waited until he was on a business trip to do that. 

Kaine felt she was overboard on the daily green card issue with Kyron.  I imagine she was punishing Kyron before Kaine arrived home. 

I have no proof of that..but it does seem she was doing alot of her problem solving behind his back.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2010, 04:45:26 PM »

I am nothing like Terri and I have nothing in my life like Terri's.  Nothing even close. Neither do my three children.  Nor do any of my friends.  Not one.  Nor my hubby.

I have had a friend since age 6, a friend since age 13, and new friends as adults.  Not one has anything that people would find anything remotely like Terri.

Divorce.  Yes, but their hubby's were at fault-alkies or chemically dependent.  My friend's ex's are all products of the Vietnam War.  Nice guys who couldn't handle what they had to do over there.  And no counseling available for them.

Hardships, issues, problems, yes.  But a whole different approach to living than Terri.  No users of people.  No thanks.

I know of people like Terri, but no way would I have anything but a passing "hello" relationship with them.  Terri does not appear normal to me.  She is a person that I would avoid like the plague.  People like her enmesh one in their issues and sometimes will bring you down with them. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: August 20, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »

The MFH Plot

I am backtracking in regards to the alleged MFH plot.  I now doubt that there is any evidence ... only the hearsay of the landscaper ... that there was ever a MFH plot.

The failing sting to trap Terri ... would not have been necessary ... if there had been electronic backup ... credible evidence.

Terri Horman would have been apprehended and charged ... if there had been electronic backup ... credible evidence..

I can tell you that Tamikosmom would be sitting in a Canadian prison at this moment if there was credible evidence that she attempted a MFH against her husband.

I contend that the sexting was what motivated investigators to track down the landscaper and ... for his own benefit ... an illegal lied to investigators.

Janet

++++++

Kyron Horman's stepmom won't contest husband's push out of their home; new court files allege sexual relationship
Published: Monday, July 12, 2010, 8:56 PM
Updated: Friday, July 16, 2010, 10:31 AM

Law enforcement informed Kaine Horman that Terri Horman not only shared concerns about her marriage with Cook and made sexual overtures to him, but made similar overtures to the landscaper who she had attempted to hire to murder Kaine months before Kyron's disappearance, the filing says.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyrons_stepmom_wont_contest_he.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #375 on: August 20, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »

The MFH Plot

I am backtracking in regards to the alleged MFH plot.  I now doubt that there is any evidence ... only the hearsay of the landscaper ... that there was ever a MFH plot.

The failing sting to trap Terri ... would not have been necessary ... if there had been electronic backup ... credible evidence.

Terri Horman would have been apprehended and charged ... if there had been electronic backup ... credible evidence..

I can tell you that Tamikosmom would be sitting in a Canadian prison at this moment if there was credible evidence that she attempted a MFH against her husband.

I contend that the sexting was what motivated investigators to track down the landscaper and ... for his own benefit ... an illegal lied to investigators.

Janet

++++++

Kyron Horman's stepmom won't contest husband's push out of their home; new court files allege sexual relationship

Law enforcement informed Kaine Horman that Terri Horman not only shared concerns about her marriage with Cook and made sexual overtures to him, but made similar overtures to the landscaper who she had attempted to hire to murder Kaine months before Kyron's disappearance, the filing says.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyrons_stepmom_wont_contest_he.html

Then why was she sexting and carrying on with the landscaper?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: August 20, 2010, 04:50:52 PM »

The MFH Plot

Janet

++++++

I would think so also, but have a feeling a MFH plot that was not accomplished, and so all you have is a he said, she said, is very hard to prove in a court of law.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: August 20, 2010, 04:52:14 PM »

The MFH Plot

Janet

++++++

Then why was she sexting and carrying on with the landscaper?
I don't even know exactly what sexting is but did she try to get Cook to kill her husband

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #378 on: August 20, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

All the landscaper had to do was tell LE that he was having an affair with Terri.  Also, Blink is certain that landscaper IS involved in Kyron's disappearance.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: August 20, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »

Exactly!  I don't know why the hostility towards Kaine, but there were those on the 'net **cough**42ndState**cough** spreading rumors about him without any facts to back it up.

txlisa

Where are the "facts" to back up your accusations against Terri and DeDe.

The handling of this case by LE in regards to PR has allowed "feelings" regarding the major players to rule.

Janet

The facts as presented when put together!  The landscaper, MFH plot, deceptive answers on polygraph, the throw away phones, and the timeline for June 4th.  And no, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young are not in collusion with the MCSO to railroad Terri Horman and Dede Spicher.

txlisa

I am referring to "facts" regarding your implications encompassing the Kyron and Terri's relationship.

Janet

++++

Damn!  No wonder the kid was shy and timid!  He probably had to walk on eggshells around her!

I shudder to think what she did to that poor child when no one else was around!

I think Kyron was Terri's "whipping boy."  The easiest target of her growing frustrations.  I don't think any discipline she did to that child was out of love. MOO!

I think Kyron was Terri's "whipping boy."  The easiest target of her growing frustrations.  I don't think any discipline she did to that child was out of love. MOO!

The crying about not wanting to leave Desiree.  Staying in his room until being told he could leave.  The comments Terri made on Facebook about Kyron.  Those little things added up send up red flags for me. 

I'm sure Desiree tried to make the short time of a weekend visit with her son as enjoyable as possible.  Kyron, of course, would rather stay in the "fun" environment; rather that going back to "school" and everyday life.  That just a normal response from a kid IMO.

A good friend of mine had trouble with one of her son's when he was small and would send him to his room when he was misbehaving.  She was told by a physchiatrist that sending a child to their room was not a punishment, as it was their safe place with all their toys, etc.; that she should assign a chore like the previously mentioned "dust rag" or take away a favorite toy for a specified period of time. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.