April 26, 2024, 10:51:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 223406 times)
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: August 20, 2010, 07:15:06 PM »

Maybe the restaurant where Terri and Kaine met was not really a restaurant... more like a lounge/bar?
It wouldn't have looked good on Kaine revealing that during the interviews, I would think.

------

About disciplining according to school rating...

This is what the article says:

Her attitude changed in the past year after Kyron entered second grade, he said. His teacher, with a color-coding system for her class, rated the kids on their behavior. Green was good, yellow signaled moments of inattention, blue indicated trouble and red sent them home.

Kaine said the teacher called parents about a blue or red card. But he said his wife was the only parent who asked for daily accounts from the teacher.

"Terri wanted notification whether it was green, yellow, red or blue," he said. "Every day she wanted it. That, to me, is extremely excessive. The child is in second grade."

He said when Kyron brought home anything but a green card she wanted Kaine to discipline him by grounding him to his room for the evening, eliminating play time or not letting him watch movies.

"There was no room for error," Kaine said.

To me, disciplining on red is fair.

Talking and discussing the behaviors that rate as yellow and blue is what is best, give the child a chance to change behaviors on his/her own based on the discussion.

To me disciplining on anything but a green is punishing too much, and too much punishment looses its effectiveness in the long run.

We all make mistakes, even as adults.

Do they have Hooters in Oregon?
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #481 on: August 20, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »

So we shouldn't judge Terri with the yardstick we ourselves would not want to be judged with, but it is okay to judge Kaine based on "rumors?" 

Kaine seeing terri while married to desiree is not a rumor, which btw we got the answer how they met, at a restaurant while Kaine was out with friends. . We don't really know if Kaine was having an affair or not while married to Terri, could be I suppose. It was not confirmed Terri was having an "affair" with the LS.

Maybe no proof of affair in the physical sense, but yes, she was sexting him.  And both Tarver and Eckert stated that she had cheated on them.

Desiree says Kaine cheated on her so does that mean that kaine cheated on Terri? I am not saying she did or not, but we haven't been told she was having an affair.
If Kaine and Terri met at a restaurant, why was Kaine not wanting to say where they met?

I don't know, I think he just didnt' want to talk about that whole thing which I can understand, not sure if I would want to either....Also in that it says she has worked in restaurants, I didn't kow that.

Maybe it was a 'Breastraunt' she was working at???

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: August 20, 2010, 07:16:47 PM »

Janet - check your hotmail when you get a chance please, TIA 
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #483 on: August 20, 2010, 07:17:36 PM »

So we shouldn't judge Terri with the yardstick we ourselves would not want to be judged with, but it is okay to judge Kaine based on "rumors?" 

Kaine seeing terri while married to desiree is not a rumor, which btw we got the answer how they met, at a restaurant while Kaine was out with friends. . We don't really know if Kaine was having an affair or not while married to Terri, could be I suppose. It was not confirmed Terri was having an "affair" with the LS.

Maybe no proof of affair in the physical sense, but yes, she was sexting him.  And both Tarver and Eckert stated that she had cheated on them.

Desiree says Kaine cheated on her so does that mean that kaine cheated on Terri? I am not saying she did or not, but we haven't been told she was having an affair.
If Kaine and Terri met at a restaurant, why was Kaine not wanting to say where they met?

What kind of restaurant was it?  (Sorry...but I've read that there are restaurants in Oregon that do more than sell food and drink).   Maybe it was who the friends were that Kaine was out with at the restaurant.  Maybe it's just that Kaine wanted to keep the focus on Kyron.

Good question Puzzler.  What type of establishment was this, and since she had managed rest. in the past..was she working/manager..or was she just mutual friends with others at the table?

hmmm....a restaurant that she was working/managing is quite likely.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: August 20, 2010, 07:19:46 PM »

That's kind of hard to believe, seahorse, since they relegated Harry Oakes to the parking lot.  I guess it's okay to talk about Hairy Bush!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: August 20, 2010, 07:20:57 PM »

Two things;

1).  Anyone else read anywhere with any credibility that Desiree is on a houseboat somewhere?

2).  Anyone believe that when fall comes and school goes back into session there is a teeny tiny chance that someone will discover Kyron's body in a place no one thought to look?

I haven't read that about Desiree but I do think that if Kyron is found it will be a totally by accident thing unfortunately.

I hate to say this but I figure he might be found during hunting season here in the great NW.
The thought of it just breaks my heart.

Yep..very possible and heartbreaking. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #486 on: August 20, 2010, 07:23:30 PM »

Maybe the restaurant where Terri and Kaine met was not really a restaurant... more like a lounge/bar?

It wouldn't have looked good on Kaine revealing that during the interviews, I would think.

------

Her attitude changed in the past year after Kyron entered second grade, he said. His teacher, with a color-coding system for her class, rated the kids on their behavior. Green was good, yellow signaled moments of inattention, blue indicated trouble and red sent them home.

Kaine said the teacher called parents about a blue or red card. But he said his wife was the only parent who asked for daily accounts from the teacher.

"Terri wanted notification whether it was green, yellow, red or blue," he said. "Every day she wanted it. That, to me, is extremely excessive. The child is in second grade."

He said when Kyron brought home anything but a green card she wanted Kaine to discipline him by grounding him to his room for the evening, eliminating play time or not letting him watch movies.

Talking and discussing the behaviors that rate as yellow and blue is what is best, give the child a chance to change behaviors on his/her own based on the discussion.

To me disciplining on anything but a green is punishing too much, and too much punishment looses its effectiveness in the long run.

Ok so everyone thinks terri over reacted...so why did she do this? What was the motive and what does it tell us about her. We all can disagree until the cows come home on what is right and what is wrong in raising children but it does nothing in finding this child.
I think perhaps Terri saw some flaws in what she may have done with James and was correcting it. Did she go over board? Well if she was grounding him to his room all night then yes, over board. But why? In my opinion, Terri doesn't sound like the most solid of people so in her mind she was doing what she needed to do to save Kyron from future problems. so does this lend to the theory that Terri stashed Kyron for his own safty and own good? I would like to know what Terri was like after James left the house? Was she worse on Kyron? 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: August 20, 2010, 07:26:28 PM »

Hi Tracygirl

According to unnamed "sources" ... Terri shared with the landscaper that Kaine was having an affair.

I assume that determining what unnamed "sources" wannabe detectives are to believe or not to believe in this case is where it is at.

Janet

++++++

Police were ready to arrest Kyron's stepmom over plot to kill husband, says source
Jul 6 at 9:36 PM

According to sources, Terri Horman had talked to the landscaper about being in a bad marriage and had claimed that Kaine had "hurt" her emotionally by having an extra-marital relationship.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Source-Police-were-ready-to-arrest-Kyrons-stepmom-over-plot-to-kill-husband-97907429.html

To be honest, in lots of high profiled crimes I have followed, there are un-named sources.  It's nothing new.

So do we believe these unnamed sources or ... do we pick and choose according to our personal leanings.

Janet

IMO a source that cannot be named is not to be believed 100%; therefore, anything an unnamed source says is questionable...just like the rest of the rumors, etc.

Janet I have to respond because this is about the sting.  If LE did not believe that Terri had approached the LS with a MFH plot they would not have taken it to the point of the sting.

The source has been proven to be true about the sting and the reasoning behind the sting per LE  and Kaine's court docs ?

I disagree.

I believe that LE did not have any electronic evidence to back up the landscapers allegation.  However ... the allegation could not be disregarded.  This is why the sting to trap Terri was necessary.  Considering the sting backfired ... considering Terri is not behind bars ... I can only assume there is only the heresay from the landscaper that implies a MFH attempt.

IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: August 20, 2010, 07:28:30 PM »

All the landscaper had to do was tell LE that he was having an affair with Terri.  Also, Blink is certain that landscaper IS involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Blink's certainty reminds me of our discussion (I believe yesterday) about a May 9 confrontation between the landscaper and the Horman's (I believe it was the Horman's and not just Terri...don't want to mislead) and that 911 calls were made then, but were sealed once Kyron went missing.  The inference was that the landscaper was really angry and that event was of interest with Kyron going missing.  We just keep coming back to the landscaper...

Now that is certainly something that I wish we knew.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no credible source for the May 9 confrontation. The origination of that rumor was sincerelyours (AKA rosecitybluessinger, arizonalovesyoutwo). She is the self professed psychic and friend of Terri's parents that was  (is?) posting conflicting bits of information at KATU. I realize all we have are anonymous sources, but on the spectrum of believability she rates fairly low.

As for the LS, I believe there is definitely something going on there. Sexting by definition is sexually graphic in word or photo. Bathing suit and bodybuilding pics do not fit the definition. Does anyone remember who first used the word sexting as a descriptor of the activity between the LS and Terri or MC and Terri?

Exactly..the May 9th rumor comes from a poster on an article on line..it does not come from a credible source, from anyone other then someone with an axe to grind.  I wish people would stick to the facts...or atleast what is on the news rather then what is a poster on a article.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #489 on: August 20, 2010, 07:31:36 PM »

I personally didn't know that the May 9th 911 call came from a poster on line, I had no idea where that came from.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »

That's kind of hard to believe, seahorse, since they relegated Harry Oakes to the parking lot.  I guess it's okay to talk about Hairy Bush!

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #491 on: August 20, 2010, 07:33:57 PM »

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #492 on: August 20, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »

I will admit that is odd to say the least, because there is no proof anywhere that there is a relationship of that kind between Terri and DeDe.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: August 20, 2010, 07:35:29 PM »

------

Do they have Hooters in Oregon?

The usual barn owl...

Very Happy
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #494 on: August 20, 2010, 07:38:22 PM »

All the landscaper had to do was tell LE that he was having an affair with Terri.  Also, Blink is certain that landscaper IS involved in Kyron's disappearance.

Blink's certainty reminds me of our discussion (I believe yesterday) about a May 9 confrontation between the landscaper and the Horman's (I believe it was the Horman's and not just Terri...don't want to mislead) and that 911 calls were made then, but were sealed once Kyron went missing.  The inference was that the landscaper was really angry and that event was of interest with Kyron going missing.  We just keep coming back to the landscaper...

Now that is certainly something that I wish we knew.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no credible source for the May 9 confrontation. The origination of that rumor was sincerelyours (AKA rosecitybluessinger, arizonalovesyoutwo). She is the self professed psychic and friend of Terri's parents that was  (is?) posting conflicting bits of information at KATU. I realize all we have are anonymous sources, but on the spectrum of believability she rates fairly low.

As for the LS, I believe there is definitely something going on there. Sexting by definition is sexually graphic in word or photo. Bathing suit and bodybuilding pics do not fit the definition. Does anyone remember who first used the word sexting as a descriptor of the activity between the LS and Terri or MC and Terri?

Exactly..the May 9th rumor comes from a poster on an article on line..it does not come from a credible source, from anyone other then someone with an axe to grind.  I wish people would stick to the facts...or atleast what is on the news rather then what is a poster on a article.

Oh no not that psychic friend Terri's parents!  **groan**
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: August 20, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »

as a teacher and special ed teacher, TH was aware of these practices,
used in a classroom setting and home use, the key is kids have to
have a choice, so that they become aware of consequences,i use these
on a daily basis with the adults with developmental disabilities
that i work with, and the foster children that have behaviours over the yrs
im a firm believer positive reinforcement is the way to go
young kids age 1-10, have no reference point till you give them one
and if you give them no choice, they end up with a very low self esteem
im just bad the h3ll with it, after awhile
we dont have all the details, but if what kaine says is true, that would
be boarding on abuse, and at the least bad parenting

http://www.proteacher.org/a/34068_Rewarding_the_good_behavior.html
http://www.proteacher.org/a/30643_rewards_and_reinforcement.html
http://www.proteacher.com/030001.shtml

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: August 20, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »

I don't know, I think he just didnt' want to talk about that whole thing which I can understand, not sure if I would want to either....Also in that it says she has worked in restaurants, I didn't kow that.

Maybe it was a 'Breastraunt' she was working at???

LOL!   

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #497 on: August 20, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »

Hi all!  I've been reading and see alot of talk about a restaurant possibly being place Kaine and Terri met.  Last week I posted the following link (compliment of Janet 1st posting!).  At the bottom is a recording between a reporter, Kaine and Desiree.  His response as to where he and Terri met jumps out to me.  He definately doesn't want to talk about it!! IMO it wasn't at a restaurant.  Just got done listening to it again and noticed at 9:29 the reporter asks what time do they think Terri met up with DeDe on June 4th?  Neither K or D seemed to know anything about this?  Article was published 7/27 but I don't know exact date the recorded interview took place.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

4:20-Kaine questions Terri's need for truck that day?
9:31-Kaine and Desiree asked about time and reason for Terri meeting DeDe?  They both seem clueless to this?
12:36-Desiree asked about Terri's lying. 
14:24-Kaine asked if he missed things in Terri's behavior that he might have ordinarily seen?
18:34-Kaine asked how he met Terri?  Kaine states he's not going to get into it?
(Odd to me-why not just answer?)
19:40-Kaine's statements when asked if Terri was taking steroids.

cw618-this might also be the link you were quoting from earlier!

I'll continue reading now!!  Good to see you all! 
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: August 20, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »

I personally didn't know that the May 9th 911 call came from a poster on line, I had no idea where that came from.

I believe this post is the origination this story (it is from The Oregonian not KATU as I originally recalled):

Good luck on getting any real information out of anyone. But I happen to know this landscaper is covering his own butt. The reason, he was fired from the Horman's job for something the police know all about. So he comes up with a story that he is hoping will defuse his involvement. Sorry I am not buying his story at all and he has been angry with this family since May 9th of this year. Look into if you can but they have sealed all 911 calls, even on that day, which is a month before Kyron is taken. The police have put their sites onto someone, TH, and they can't get enough evidence to arrest her? They get a restraining order because this landscaper makes up a story to protect himself? They couldn't see through him? Where is his polygraph test???? This story gets weirder and weirder. So where's Kyron? Maybe they should be asking the man who likes to dig in the dirt?

http://connect.oregonlive.com/user/rosecitybluessinger/comments-oldest.html

Posted on Kyron Horman case: Sheriff says 'no comment' on Oregonian's murder-for-hire story on July 05, 2010, 11:02AM

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #499 on: August 20, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »

I'm sure the thread will be closed quickly.  It is amazing what you can't talk about over there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.