April 26, 2024, 01:22:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 223408 times)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #640 on: August 21, 2010, 01:48:29 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/101210534.html

Source: Investigators far from solving Kyron case

by Dan Tilkin KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Originally printed at http://www.katu.com/news/local/101210534.html

PORTLAND, Ore. - Investigators are a long way from finding out what happened to Kyron Horman, the 7-year-old boy who disappeared 11 weeks ago from his school, according to a well-placed source on Friday.

The source said investigators are gathering new facts everyday but unless some unforeseen bit of evidence appears the investigation will likely take months.

Other recent cases show it can take years to get answers and Jim McIntyre, an attorney and former prosecutor, said the public has a false expectation that cases like this are solved quickly. He said he doesn’t think the Kyron investigation has stalled.

“It may be easy to draw that conclusion, but it’s not a reality,” he said.

McIntyre was a senior member of the Multnomah County District Attorney’s office when the case of David Waldron was concluded.

Waldron agreed to a sentence of six years for the death of his wife Barbara though her body had not been found.

“I did not want to put my family, particularly my children, through the ordeal of a trial,” Waldron said on May 12, 2005.

The Waldrons lived south of Kyron’s school, Skyline School, on Skyline Boulevard. Multnomah searchers at the time combed the same forest where they searched for clues in the Kyron case just two weeks ago.

The Waldron case even involved the same judge who’s now hearing Kaine and Terri Horman’s divorce case.

It took investigators three years to reach a conclusion by showing something must have happened to Barbara because banking and phone records showed no activity.

Cases involving missing children are even more difficult.

“You’re never waiting for just one clue to come through,” McIntyre said. “These things are always a compendium of information where you’re trying to get circumstantial facts and pieces put together that are going to lead you to an ultimate conclusion.

“It could be just as correct that we could go on for a year or two or three or five years or perhaps never, but it’s also, I think, at this point just as feasible that something could break in a very short period of time.”

What is complicating Kyron’s case is there’s no crime scene where investigators can look for evidence left behind.

I don't like this McIntyre guy

I don't either, Klaas.......I thought it was just me

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #641 on: August 21, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »

Good Night Monkeys

Janet
10:45 PM PT

Nite Janet, I better go to bed as I have to be up in less than 4 hours to get ready for work...

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: August 21, 2010, 01:49:27 AM »

I read the article about Terri and one thing stood out is how much financial support she had from her parents and from ex's parents. And how little good her education had done her in the manner of getting the kind of job she wanted. And I sure didn't like her even more after reading the part about wanting the report from the teacher every day. Demanding ? No wonder Kyron was timid, probably had to get permission to inhale and exhale. And when it was ok to get up out of bed. I have Gkiddos, they do well at daycare, school, no issues and my daughter doesn't have extensive or intensive contact with the teacher. The little one is in daycare and there is a hello, goodbye and if anything happens during the day it is mentioned. There isn't any kind of daily talking to the other one's teachers ever and she is going into grade seven. Seems like excessive monitoring or something with her.

First off let me admit that I misread that article I suppose because I didn't read that she wanted Kyron to spend the evening in his room, I believed it to be a time out, not stay in your room until tomorrow. That is excessive and certainly a red flag that Kaine should have picked up on. It makes me wonder if what he is saying is not sort of an exaggeration? I mean who would continue to allow a person to care for a child who was being so overboard? Just seems odd to me. He either was absolutely clueless as to his child's happiness and well being or he is exaggerating a bit.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #643 on: August 21, 2010, 01:51:09 AM »

Janet,
I just read the questions that you posed to Jason on his thread. All I can say is BRAVO! I tip my hat to you!

Which one?

sebastian ... I think I may be reason Jason to not return to the forum today.

Janet

Tell him to grow a spine Janet!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: August 21, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »

Time for a station break.  Please put your seats in a forward position.

If there is a problem with any monkey you feel is bullying you for making a post or having an opinion that is different than your own, please hit the "Report to Moderator" button.  The offending Monkey will then be rocketed into oblivion or, if the complaint is warranted, be dealt with accordingly.  The choice depends solely on the mood of the Moderator/Administrator at the time.

We have a thread called 'Monkey Musings' where you can talk about anything OT you like.  We also have a thread called 'JSM Asking for the Ban Button Thread'.  This thread belongs to all of the Monkeys, the only reason JSM's name was on it because she was OT a lot and always saying, 'I hope I don't get the ban button for this.' 

These threads are for any and all monkeys to use.  Neither of these threads is a place to trash other Monkeys.  This will not be tolerated EVER.

As you were, Monkey citizens!

salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut

Thanks Bearly.  My report button seems to be broken tho.  Can we call a 'fix-it' guy?   

Why does it have to be a guy?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: August 21, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »

Jane Valez Mitchell was chattering with the retired Portland police talking head who's now a lawyer and seems to currently be on TV interviews 24/7 --- Jane specifically stated, AND, DON'T FORGET THAT UNKNOWN MAN IN THE PHOTOGRAPH

someone posted this and I don't know anything about it...

does anyone know where this video might be if there is one, or if there is a transcript, or does anyone know anything about this man or photo of a man LE has?  has anyone heard about this, and if so, what did you hear.

I don't know anything at all about it, just trying to figure out what it's about

thanks

To find me:
click the globe to the left, under my name
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: August 21, 2010, 01:54:11 AM »

Does anyone remember Terri suggesting that Kyron had autism?  TIA

No, I do not recall that. If the word autism was used then I completely missed it.
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #647 on: August 21, 2010, 01:55:19 AM »

Hello Kitty

you posted this on a closed thread.

Owner at ToyBrickPlace.com
Warren, OR

* About me

Where I grew up
    Banks, OR
Places I've lived
    Hillsboro, OR; Olympia, WA; Tracy, CA
Companies I've worked for
    Intel, NEC America, Tektronix
Schools I've attended
    Banks High School; Portland Community College

end of snip....

I found some info on this guy .....
http://discussions.apple.com/profile.jspa?userID=324494
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carl-vanderzanden/8/915/93a

Carl Vanderzanden
Operations Manager at Intel 

Portland, Oregon Area
http://www.radfae.org/work/index.html
Radical Faeries at Work
Vanderzanden & Associates (Portland, Oregon)
I provide group, workshop and retreat facilitation, I also work with organizations in visioning, planning, organization structure and design, and organizatonal and group processes.

Carl VanderZanden / Boondok
14845 NW Newberry Road<< the crazy videos coming out talk about this rd.
Portland OR 97231 USA
503.307.0429 (voice)
877.256.6113 (fax)
carlvz (at) mac (dot) com

(My question is where did you get your info there was not a link)I would like to have it.. Smile

Everything I write -post here, is ONLY MY OPINION!
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: August 21, 2010, 01:59:34 AM »

Bringing over a post of JW.....

Re: Jason Name Redacted - DeDe's ex boyfriend would like clear some things up Reply #365 on: August 21, 2010, 12:52:36 AM

You folks are awesome. Did you watch the breaking news today about the case? Investigators looked for Kyron in a garden and are looking for two suspects. Yes, They are getting somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I will pray that Kyron comes home this weekend!!!!!!!. I am praying so much for this.......This gives me hope that they are getting close and putting pressure on the suspects....Jason

zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #649 on: August 21, 2010, 02:00:08 AM »

Hello Kitty

you posted this on a closed thread.

Owner at ToyBrickPlace.com
Warren, OR

* About me

Where I grew up
    Banks, OR
Places I've lived
    Hillsboro, OR; Olympia, WA; Tracy, CA
Companies I've worked for
    Intel, NEC America, Tektronix
Schools I've attended
    Banks High School; Portland Community College

end of snip....

I found some info on this guy .....
http://discussions.apple.com/profile.jspa?userID=324494
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carl-vanderzanden/8/915/93a

Carl Vanderzanden
Operations Manager at Intel 

Portland, Oregon Area
http://www.radfae.org/work/index.html
Radical Faeries at Work
Vanderzanden & Associates (Portland, Oregon)
I provide group, workshop and retreat facilitation, I also work with organizations in visioning, planning, organization structure and design, and organizatonal and group processes.

Carl VanderZanden / Boondok
14845 NW Newberry Road<< the crazy videos coming out talk about this rd.
Portland OR 97231 USA
503.307.0429 (voice)
877.256.6113 (fax)
carlvz (at) mac (dot) com

(My question is where did you get your info there was not a link)I would like to have it.. Smile

ah the "commune" place ... so they've got an Intel guy there too .... lotta Intel ppl in that area sure seems

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #650 on: August 21, 2010, 02:02:29 AM »

Hi Zip..
yes, I found some scary links of people that live next door to the underground farm on that rd. they do some crazy stuff out there.

4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #651 on: August 21, 2010, 02:02:46 AM »

Jane Valez Mitchell was chattering with the retired Portland police talking head who's now a lawyer and seems to currently be on TV interviews 24/7 --- Jane specifically stated, AND, DON'T FORGET THAT UNKNOWN MAN IN THE PHOTOGRAPH

does anyone know where this video might be if there is one, or if there is a transcript, or does anyone know anything about this man or photo of a man LE has?  has anyone heard about this, and if so, what did you hear.

I don't know anything at all about it, just trying to figure out what it's about

thanks

Hi DoubleD
Do you suppose she is talking about the man in the picture at the science fair early on.  I believe the picture is over in the picture thread and the man's head is circled.  I thought LE had found out who he was though.  I don't know where to find that transcript.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: August 21, 2010, 02:03:14 AM »

thanks

If you are referring to the unknown man in the photo of Kyron with his science fair project.....it's no big mystery. That man was identified and cleared. There was also a little girl with a man in a plaid shirt. That has all been cleared up a long time ago.
If you do a search here, you can probably find a link. You could probably find one if you google it too.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: August 21, 2010, 02:09:04 AM »

Yes there is that one but I also recall someone asking about a man in a photo who was standing near Desiree at a vigil so not sure. There were actually 2 men in the photos, one was a taller man and one was a larger framed man. I don't know DD there have been a few unknown men in pics. 
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #654 on: August 21, 2010, 02:12:34 AM »

Hi Zip..
yes, I found some scary links of people that live next door to the underground farm on that rd. they do some crazy stuff out there.

hey Lucky
I must say I'm not surprised  that's what got me looking up who all lives out there
did you get the UPdated list of addys/names ?  added about 7 or so more today 

dd - if you're here I just joined your site lol .... (same nick) approve me already!! jk'n no rush LOL

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: August 21, 2010, 02:18:38 AM »

thanks

Hi DoubleD
Do you suppose she is talking about the man in the picture at the science fair early on.  I believe the picture is over in the picture thread and the man's head is circled.  I thought LE had found out who he was though.  I don't know where to find that transcript.

this poster said no absolutely not the man in the photo with kyron... I just don't remember anything about this, and trying to figure out if I missed the info, or if the poster is confused or what...

To find me:
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #656 on: August 21, 2010, 02:19:47 AM »

Hi Zip ,

yes I looked at the long list and that named jumped out at me.When I saw his pic, I remembered that I had crossed his pics many times. now I have to track back..

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #657 on: August 21, 2010, 02:20:02 AM »

Time for a station break.  Please put your seats in a forward position.

If there is a problem with any monkey you feel is bullying you for making a post or having an opinion that is different than your own, please hit the "Report to Moderator" button.  The offending Monkey will then be rocketed into oblivion or, if the complaint is warranted, be dealt with accordingly.  The choice depends solely on the mood of the Moderator/Administrator at the time.

We have a thread called 'Monkey Musings' where you can talk about anything OT you like.  We also have a thread called 'JSM Asking for the Ban Button Thread'.  This thread belongs to all of the Monkeys, the only reason JSM's name was on it because she was OT a lot and always saying, 'I hope I don't get the ban button for this.' 

These threads are for any and all monkeys to use.  Neither of these threads is a place to trash other Monkeys.  This will not be tolerated EVER.

As you were, Monkey citizens!

salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut salut

Thanks Bearly.  My report button seems to be broken tho.  Can we call a 'fix-it' guy?   

Why does it have to be a guy?

It doesn't.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
doubledecker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: August 21, 2010, 02:21:24 AM »

thanks

If you are referring to the unknown man in the photo of Kyron with his science fair project.....it's no big mystery. That man was identified and cleared. There was also a little girl with a man in a plaid shirt. That has all been cleared up a long time ago.
If you do a search here, you can probably find a link. You could probably find one if you google it too.

I know all about the man in the photo with kyron... the person who posted this insists that it is not about the man in the photo with kyron...

but I have not heard about another man who le have a photo of like this poster insists is what the news person was refering to.... so I thought, well I guess I missed that news then... so I'm trying to find the vidoe or the transcripts or article or something so I can go read it and figure out for myself who is being talked about by the news person

To find me:
Lucky7
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #659 on: August 21, 2010, 02:21:24 AM »

thanks

Hi DoubleD

this poster said no absolutely not the man in the photo with kyron... I just don't remember anything about this, and trying to figure out if I missed the info, or if the poster is confused or what...
DD isnt the poster saying that they are basing it off of what terri said on the 5th in her email.. then Jane Velez said what about the man in the photo on her show? I tried to find the video that said that and I couldnt. yet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.