April 25, 2024, 05:04:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 223377 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #780 on: August 21, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »

http://www.justia.com/family/divorce/docs/ending-a-marriage-faq.html

A legal separation does not end the marriage and both spouses are prohibited from remarrying or entering into a domestic partnership with another person.

You are misunderstanding their status. A legal separation is just that. A separation with no filing of divorce. This what the Gores have done. It's not a filing for the dissolution of a marriage.

When a divorce is filed, that means the marriage is over and both parties can move on after the filing date. Kaine and Desiree were divorcing, but then she discovered the pregnancy. That is a different legal status.

I have no doubt that if he'd left as he originally intended, people would rip him apart for that too.

As for the pregnancy....I do not for one minute believe they were planning a baby in the midst of their marital turmoil. But they did seem happy to have him once he was here.

Both of them love Kyron,and they have worked together to raise him. Not just Desiree...Kaine too. They both seem like nice, decent, hardworking people. And I bet Kyron would hate to see his daddy constantly trashed on the internet.

I just want to know where is the link for all of this.

No one is trying to run you off.

You have the link to the separation issue yourself. And there are plenty of links referencing the status of Kaine and Desiree right here on this board. There is video from an interview where he corrects Desiree on a thread here on SM. I don't keep links, and I'm not going to dig them up.

There's this one that says Kaine has a different opinion on the status of their marriage. It was posted here earlier on this thread.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Bearly - you know you are my most favorite bear in the world but I agree with PDH3 on this.  Desiree and Kaine's marriage was over before she found out she was pregnant.  They, in trying to do the right thing, tried to stick it out for the sake of the baby (Kyron).  That didn't work.  Happens ALL THE TIME and we really don't know what the real cause of the failure of the relationship was. 

NO MATTER WHAT, they are STANDING TOGETHER NOW, for the sake of Kyron.  They by all appearances have put whatever disagreements they had in the past aside and are standing together to find Kyron.  Tony Young even appears to be very supportive of Kaine. 

I have faith that LE knows what they are doing and the GJ is doing it's job.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: August 21, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »

Kaine Horman - married twice.  Desiree and Terri (children Kyron and Kiara)
Desiree Young - married 3 times.  To McCullough (son Quinn's), Kaine (son Kyron), and Tony Young
Terri Horman - married 3 times - to Ron Tarver (son James), Richard Ecker (legally adopted James) and to Kaine (daughter Kiara)

Pretty clear that at one time Desiree had some problems, maybe it was just medical, but she never could regain primary custody of either son.  She does have visitation with both Quinn and Kryon and appears to have her life in order.  Tony Young seems like a great guy.

So Richard Ecker legally adopts James (I find this odd that Ron Tarver would allow) but maybe it was just a matter of MONEY.  I wonder if Richard Ecker is still paying child support to Terri now that James is living with his bio dad Ron Tarver?  Both Ron Tarver and Richard Ecker have some not so nice things to say about Terri

From reports, Kaine and Desiree weren't getting along well when she found out she was pregnant.  They decided to try and work things out for the sake of the baby.  Evidentally, in Kaine's mind at least working it out didn't work.  Prior to Kyron being born it sounds like Kaine was getting "friendly" with Terri.  So Kaine moves out, Kyron is born, Desiree has primary custody and Kaine has regular visitations.  It is on the regular visitations that Terri helps out (so to speak) with Kyron. 

Sounds to me like Kaine and Desiree's marriage was over and they were simply trying to keep it together for the baby.  Not unusual and it didn't work.  Kaine should not have "fooled around" while still married to Desiree (if indeed he did).  After knowning what Terri did with the LS and with Michael Cook I don't put anything past her even back then with Kaine.

My point is posting this is that NONE of these people are perfect.  Many marriages fail and partners are unfaithful.  None of this answers WHERE KYRON IS, or why LE is concentrating on Terri and her friends.  I suspect it's because LE knows more than we do.

You are right, Klaas, no marriage is perfect.  I am just having trouble trying to find out the truth because there are so many contradictions even between the parents.  Who did or didn't cheat may not make a big difference.  But it may, in this way, both Terri and Kaine seem to put their own interests first.  The one thing that stands out to me is that Kyron was not Kaine's focus in the beginning.  Once Desiree got sick, he seemed more focused on him.  I do think that having Terri around enabled Kaine to keep Kyron with them.  Without Terri, I don't think he would have been able to do that. 

I was feeling bad for Desiree and felt he could have stayed with her for support until she had Kyron.  Stress during pregnancy causes all kinds of issues with a child.  They are being formed at this time.  My thoughts in this have to do with how much support Kaine was with Kyron for either Desiree or Terri.  Did money have a factor in wanting Kyron around the house?  Clearly there were signs before Kyron disappeared that neither Kaine or Terri's focus was on the sweet boy.  I am not in any way exonerating Terri. 

I myself have been fed that...my wife and I are living separate lives but living together line and it was never true.

While finding Kyron is primary, I was looking for warning signs for prevention.  I hope when people read here, they see not only the missing and exploited, but also may look at warning signs that may be around them to prevent the Kyron's from going missing in the first place.  Clearly this child was the loser in the me me me games.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: August 21, 2010, 09:36:55 AM »

http://www.justia.com/family/divorce/docs/ending-a-marriage-faq.html

A legal separation does not end the marriage and both spouses are prohibited from remarrying or entering into a domestic partnership with another person.

You are misunderstanding their status. A legal separation is just that. A separation with no filing of divorce. This what the Gores have done. It's not a filing for the dissolution of a marriage.

When a divorce is filed, that means the marriage is over and both parties can move on after the filing date. Kaine and Desiree were divorcing, but then she discovered the pregnancy. That is a different legal status.

I have no doubt that if he'd left as he originally intended, people would rip him apart for that too.

As for the pregnancy....I do not for one minute believe they were planning a baby in the midst of their marital turmoil. But they did seem happy to have him once he was here.

Both of them love Kyron,and they have worked together to raise him. Not just Desiree...Kaine too. They both seem like nice, decent, hardworking people. And I bet Kyron would hate to see his daddy constantly trashed on the internet.

I just want to know where is the link for all of this.

No one is trying to run you off.

You have the link to the separation issue yourself. And there are plenty of links referencing the status of Kaine and Desiree right here on this board. There is video from an interview where he corrects Desiree on a thread here on SM. I don't keep links, and I'm not going to dig them up.

There's this one that says Kaine has a different opinion on the status of their marriage. It was posted here earlier on this thread.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Bearly - you know you are my most favorite bear in the world but I agree with PDH3 on this.  Desiree and Kaine's marriage was over before she found out she was pregnant.  They, in trying to do the right thing, tried to stick it out for the sake of the baby (Kyron).  That didn't work.  Happens ALL THE TIME and we really don't know what the real cause of the failure of the relationship was. 

NO MATTER WHAT, they are STANDING TOGETHER NOW, for the sake of Kyron.  They by all appearances have put whatever disagreements they had in the past aside and are standing together to find Kyron.  Tony Young even appears to be very supportive of Kaine. 

I have faith that LE knows what they are doing and the GJ is doing it's job.

I was looking for a link, I had never read that their marriage was over before she found out she was pregnant.  Although, it could not have been that far over if she was pregnant and didn't know it, unless it was a very very old sperm.

I believe in miracles!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: August 21, 2010, 09:38:44 AM »

Desiree Young - married 3 times.  To McCullough (son Quinn's), Kaine (son Kyron), and Tony Young
Terri Horman - married 3 times - to Ron Tarver (son James), Richard Ecker (legally adopted James) and to Kaine (daughter Kiara)

Pretty clear that at one time Desiree had some problems, maybe it was just medical, but she never could regain primary custody of either son.  She does have visitation with both Quinn and Kryon and appears to have her life in order.  Tony Young seems like a great guy.

So Richard Ecker legally adopts James (I find this odd that Ron Tarver would allow) but maybe it was just a matter of MONEY.  I wonder if Richard Ecker is still paying child support to Terri now that James is living with his bio dad Ron Tarver?  Both Ron Tarver and Richard Ecker have some not so nice things to say about Terri

From reports, Kaine and Desiree weren't getting along well when she found out she was pregnant.  They decided to try and work things out for the sake of the baby.  Evidentally, in Kaine's mind at least working it out didn't work.  Prior to Kyron being born it sounds like Kaine was getting "friendly" with Terri.  So Kaine moves out, Kyron is born, Desiree has primary custody and Kaine has regular visitations.  It is on the regular visitations that Terri helps out (so to speak) with Kyron. 

Sounds to me like Kaine and Desiree's marriage was over and they were simply trying to keep it together for the baby.  Not unusual and it didn't work.  Kaine should not have "fooled around" while still married to Desiree (if indeed he did).  After knowning what Terri did with the LS and with Michael Cook I don't put anything past her even back then with Kaine.

My point is posting this is that NONE of these people are perfect.  Many marriages fail and partners are unfaithful.  None of this answers WHERE KYRON IS, or why LE is concentrating on Terri and her friends.  I suspect it's because LE knows more than we do.

Thankyou Klaas, once again "our voice" of reasoning!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: August 21, 2010, 09:41:30 AM »

You are right, Klaas, no marriage is perfect.  I am just having trouble trying to find out the truth because there are so many contradictions even between the parents.  Who did or didn't cheat may not make a big difference.  But it may, in this way, both Terri and Kaine seem to put their own interests first.  The one thing that stands out to me is that Kyron was not Kaine's focus in the beginning.  Once Desiree got sick, he seemed more focused on him.  I do think that having Terri around enabled Kaine to keep Kyron with them.  Without Terri, I don't think he would have been able to do that. 

I was feeling bad for Desiree and felt he could have stayed with her for support until she had Kyron.  Stress during pregnancy causes all kinds of issues with a child.  They are being formed at this time.  My thoughts in this have to do with how much support Kaine was with Kyron for either Desiree or Terri.  Did money have a factor in wanting Kyron around the house?  Clearly there were signs before Kyron disappeared that neither Kaine or Terri's focus was on the sweet boy.  I am not in any way exonerating Terri. 

I myself have been fed that...my wife and I are living separate lives but living together line and it was never true.

While finding Kyron is primary, I was looking for warning signs for prevention.  I hope when people read here, they see not only the missing and exploited, but also may look at warning signs that may be around them to prevent the Kyron's from going missing in the first place.  Clearly this child was the loser in the me me me games.

What/where are the signs that the focus was NOT on Kryon  All I've seen are family photos many with Kaine doing things specifically with Kyron.  To me it appears that Kaine took an active role in Kyron and Kiara's life. 

It's my opinion the only danger in Kyron's life turned out to be Terri Horman.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: August 21, 2010, 09:43:14 AM »

OT, but thought you want to be aware of this:

Beaverton buttocks grabber returns

by Michael Rollins

BEAVERTON -- A man on a bike who grabs the buttocks of women has reappeared.

The original series of assaults was near the Nike World Campus and the latest incident Thursday morning was about a mile away, according to Washington County sheriff's deputies.

This assault was at 10 a.m., on NW Pioneer Road.

As with the other attacks, the man casually pedaled up, and left the same way.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Beaverton-buttocks-grabber-returns-101204129.html

kpg
Scared Monkey

« Reply #786 on: August 21, 2010, 09:46:34 AM »

Klaas,

You should read the last 3 or 4 pages on the Jason thread.

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #787 on: August 21, 2010, 09:47:58 AM »

AMEN!

Personally I have never in my 56yrs met a perfect human being.  Just hasn't happened. From all the info that I have read no where does it say we should be looking at either one of these two people being responsible for Kyrons disappearance. 

Being cheated on does not give one the right to take out a hit on the other Or make their child disappear. 

I do believe that everyone on this forum is here for the same reason and that is to discuss, research, and help to locate a missing Angel.  Attacking each other and conflicts between posters will not in any way get us to the task at hand.  It will however, take up unnecessary time and slow the process. 

Can we please hug, make up and get back to the case at hand. 

For myself I have to go continue my "War of the Blackberries".  Lifetime movie to follow.

I would like to wish all of the Monkeys a good morning.  I hope you all have a great day and that today is the day we learn the where abouts of Kyron and he comes home safe. 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #788 on: August 21, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »

Good morning Monkey's,

I can not locate: CNN - HLN, August 20, 2010, Video of Nancy Grace's Show 

A video is available of NG broken foot, I didn't view it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/searchS/?q=nancy+grace

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #789 on: August 21, 2010, 09:49:47 AM »

Source: Investigators far from solving Kyron case
By Dan Tilkin KATU News and KATU.com Staff

Investigators are a long way from finding out what happened to Kyron Horman, the 7-year-old boy who disappeared 11 weeks ago from his school, according to a well-placed source on Friday.

The source said investigators are gathering new facts everyday but unless some unforeseen bit of evidence appears the investigation will likely take months.

Other recent cases show it can take years to get answers and Jim McIntyre, an attorney and former prosecutor, said the public has a false expectation that cases like this are solved quickly. He said he doesn’t think the Kyron investigation has stalled.

Of course, this is someone's opinion.

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: August 21, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »

Woops! Forgot link:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/101210534.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: August 21, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »

01:36 - D "He's had some challenges at school with listening & following direction, and so of course we've had to talk to him about that, too, and part of that is listening to your elders, unfortunately."          I never have figured out what is exactly meant by, and part of that is listening to your elders, unfortunately.  Almost to suggest, imo, that if an elder told Kyron to do something even if he thought it was wrong he would do it?

no rose i think that would depend on how confused kyron was
his parents being inconsistent, with behaviour management
versus the school /teachers behaviour management
if 2 different methods, kyron would be confused and may..........
That makes sense, and that is what bothers me, that Kyron would go off with someone...

With all the extra people and helpers that day, he may have thought this person was a helper and left with them...

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #792 on: August 21, 2010, 09:56:03 AM »

Klaas,

Agree with that!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: August 21, 2010, 09:59:41 AM »

"That makes Desiree a liar then.  Hmmmm......"

No it doesn't.

The fact that they don't agree about their status during that time just shows how estranged they were. They couldn't communicate clearly about what their intentions were during that time. Obviously Kaine thought he was just living with Desiree to support her during the
pregnancy, and she apparently was hoping for more. They were in the middle of a divorce, after all, and I doubt Kyron was a planned baby. The fact that Kaine sees things differently than she does just means that they were each in a different place. He obviously had accepted that the end of their marriage had already taken place, and she was not that far along. Plus, being pregnant just makes the end of a marriage harder to take.

Can you please give me a link to where Desiree says she was hoping for more out of Kaine if it was so obvious, because I must have missed it, I hop from thread to thread and don't get to see all the posts.  I apologize for that.

Can you also point me to the link where it says Kyron was an unplanned baby?  TIA.

I am just trying to put some rumors to rest, if you don't mind.

How far along was she when the end of their marriage took place?  I thought they were still married and living together.  Link please.

The reason I say that is because men often say how their wives don't understand them, and they are living together yada yada and they are getting a divorce yada yada.  Anyone who has ever fallen for this line, please raise your monkey hand.

Not money hand, monkey hand
From my notes:

The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: August 21, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »

What/where are the signs that the focus was NOT on Kryon  All I've seen are family photos many with Kaine doing things specifically with Kyron.  To me it appears that Kaine took an active role in Kyron and Kiara's life. 

It's my opinion the only danger in Kyron's life turned out to be Terri Horman.

I agree with you that Terri was dangerous to Kyron.  I don't think I said anything to defend her, if it came across that way, it was not meant.  I was defending Desiree. 

I feel that Kaine's needs came before his son when Desiree was pregnant with Kyron and she spent 2 months in bed crying over Kaine having an affair.  That is not healthy for an unborn child and I feel he could have been more supportive during this time instead of chasing after his own pleasures. 

I also don't know why he let Terri discipline his son the way he did.  No way in H&ll would I let someone treat my child that way.  I would have taken him to live with Desiree first.  The things Terri was doing with Kyron, according to Kaine, were borderline abusive.  I feel they may have been abusive, but that is not clear.  Desiree and Tony said Kyron was crying when he had to go home, Kaine says that is not true.  Why wouldn't you stop someone from abusing your child?  It's Terri's fault for the harm she caused Kyron, but clearly there were warning signs things were not okay.

I know the pictures are loving pictures.  I mentioned that many times myself.

Kaine appeared to be surprised again when Terri got pregnant.  He knows how women get pregnant and here is now 2 women, who he was married to, he apparently had sex with, (and did not take responsibility for protection.)  That would not signal the end of a relationship to me.  I can understand how Desiree could be confused.

Does anyone know when they filed for divorce?

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: August 21, 2010, 10:04:36 AM »

Klaas,

Just did thanks!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: August 21, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »

I am not defending Terri, I hope I am clear on that.

Someone the other day asked how Kyron could possibly be alive.  I answered the question how it could be possible, I was not saying that was my opinion and think some may be confused on my position.

I am trying to find out what is the truth and what are rumors. 

I believe in miracles!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: August 21, 2010, 10:12:09 AM »

"That makes Desiree a liar then.  Hmmmm......"

No it doesn't.

The fact that they don't agree about their status during that time just shows how estranged they were. They couldn't communicate clearly about what their intentions were during that time. Obviously Kaine thought he was just living with Desiree to support her during the
pregnancy, and she apparently was hoping for more. They were in the middle of a divorce, after all, and I doubt Kyron was a planned baby. The fact that Kaine sees things differently than she does just means that they were each in a different place. He obviously had accepted that the end of their marriage had already taken place, and she was not that far along. Plus, being pregnant just makes the end of a marriage harder to take.

I think it is a huge thing.  How the heck can someone not know if you are in a marriage or not?  Desiree's statement and Kaine's statement are mutually exclusive.

He either cheated or he didn't cheat.  Was he married or wasn't he married.  Is she a little bit pregnant and he is a little bit married?

They were already divorcing, and he would've been gone if DY hadn't discovered she was pregnant. It's a different situation, because they were already calling it quits.  He said straight out that it was his understanding that the marriage was over, and he made a point of correcting her more than once.
It's obvious that they were estranged.

Since he denies having an affair, it's not exactly a done deal that he had one. There are always two sides to a divorce.

From my notes:

The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

I believe Terri and Kaine were going to split then Terri got pergnant so they stayed together same story different woman.

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: August 21, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »

Bearlyhere, I have to agree with you about Kaine's treatment of Desiree.

I imagine Desiree lost custody of her children not just because of her prolonged illness but also because she owed so much money when she returned.  The judge/judges will favor the side who has the most money to support a child, whether it is in the child's best interest or not.

I have a friend who lost custody of her children.  The father had a great job.  She worked as a teacher's aide and was made to pay a huge amount of child support for such a poorly paid job.  Plus, the father would never let her see her children even though she had visitation rights.  He and his mother poisoned the children's minds against her.  After they grew up, one of them contacted his mother again which was great, but the other one never has.

She had tried fighting the situation, with a new lawyer and a new judge, but they failed her again.   She was a victim from the get go. 

It is cases like these that make me understand why some people eventually let Smith & Wesson do their talking.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #799 on: August 21, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »

"That makes Desiree a liar then.  Hmmmm......"

No it doesn't.

Can you please give me a link to where Desiree says she was hoping for more out of Kaine if it was so obvious, because I must have missed it, I hop from thread to thread and don't get to see all the posts.  I apologize for that.

Can you also point me to the link where it says Kyron was an unplanned baby?  TIA.

I am just trying to put some rumors to rest, if you don't mind.

How far along was she when the end of their marriage took place?  I thought they were still married and living together.  Link please.

The reason I say that is because men often say how their wives don't understand them, and they are living together yada yada and they are getting a divorce yada yada.  Anyone who has ever fallen for this line, please raise your monkey hand.

Not money hand, monkey hand
From my notes:

Thanks, Blonde, so according to this article it looks like they were giving their relationship another chance and the divorce was filed when she was 8 months pregnant and not by Kaine, but by Desiree.

I am just trying to tweak out who is the historian here.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.