April 25, 2024, 06:27:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 223396 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: August 21, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »

EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT!!

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM
Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM

The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

Little Boy Lost
Report airs Monday, July 26, 10 p.m./9 C on Dateline NBC
by Kate Snow
NBC News
updated 7/26/2010 6:51:10 PM ET

TRANSCRIPT

DESIREE YOUNG: Unfortunately, Kaine was not faithful to me and met another woman.

KATE SNOW: That was Terri?

DESIREE YOUNG: Mm-hmm.

KATE SNOW: So all of the sudden you know that there's another woman. You're eight months pregnant.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah.

KATE SNOW: Must have been a low point in your life.

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah. It was pretty hard to handle. I cried solid for two months and didn't leave the bedroom because I didn't understand why she somehow equated to something that was better than me and my son.

Kaine, however, insists that he and Desiree had broken up before he stated seeing Terri, agreeing to live separate lives under the same roof just until their baby came along.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #841 on: August 21, 2010, 12:33:14 PM »

Snip...

Her parents, who had no other children, gave Horman much of what she wanted, including tens of thousands of dollars later in life, according to Ecker's dad, Chuck, a retired high school teacher.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Geez, no one has given me so much of a lock of their hair  Wow! Tens of thousands of dollars in life?
Did the parents pay for the wedding's and divorce's?  If SM is from a Prominent family if mum is telling the truth-
it shouldn't that difficut to find the Bio-Mom, we have the maiden name, (it is a rare name), unless, its been shortened.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: August 21, 2010, 12:33:57 PM »

Bearly ~

I posted that long post upthread for you, cuz you were looking for a link re the divorce.  That's all the info I have on it.  Hope it helps. 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8388.msg1213880#msg1213880

Thank you. 

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: August 21, 2010, 12:37:44 PM »

Someone earlier talked about following the money.  Can anyone think of any other money?

Kaine deceased                              Insurance policy
Kyron living with the Hormans         Child Support
James living with the Hormans         Child Support

If she did not have James living there, would she then have to pay child support to his father?
  She would lose not only child support but would have to pay it.  Why would she send him away?  To be out of the way when things went down?

If Kyron was gone, she would not receive support from Desiree any more.  Would she?

Who else would benefit from this along with Terri?  Terri would have to divide an insurance policy too many ways if she had 3 people involved.  Do you think she promised something other than money to one or more of them?  If she was greedy, wouldn't she want the money all to herself?  Could she have done this by herself?

Until the order is changed with the COURTS, child support is still due.  So unless Terri and/or Ecker go to court to change things Ecker still owes child support for James to Terri EVEN THOUGH James is now living with his bio dad who gave up parental rights to him.

Also, IF Desiree has been ordered by the courts to pay child support to Kaine for Kyron, that too legally is still due even though Kyron is missing.

Without a legal court order nothing changes.

Right.  I am trying to find out what she had to gain by getting rid of the two boys in the long run, I didn't mean immediately.

I believe in miracles!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #844 on: August 21, 2010, 12:40:43 PM »

We have two different versions of what happened in Desiree and Kaine's marriage, I don't know what happened, and it isn't that unusual what happened, that doesn't mean I think it is right. But both moved on from it all and if it has nothing to do with Kyron's going missing, then I guess it is Desiree and Kaine's business.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: August 21, 2010, 12:41:54 PM »

Freedom to do whatever she wants to do while Kaine is at work.  Kiara too young to see and tell.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: August 21, 2010, 12:42:34 PM »

We have two different versions of what happened in Desiree and Kaine's marriage, I don't know what happened, and it isn't that unusual what happened, that doesn't mean I think it is right. But both moved on from it all and if it has nothing to do with Kyron's going missing, then I guess it is Desiree and Kaine's business.

Exactly how I feel about it
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: August 21, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »

Right.  But, Terri might have thought the same thing was going to happen to her that happened to Desiree.  According to Kaine, she started talking about not being attractive.  Maybe she thought he was going to leave or have an affair, he had done it before.  That would go to motivation for the MFH.  You know, cheaters cheat and liars lie sort of thing.

I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: August 21, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »

THE CUSTODY ISSUE

Troubled Family
What records show about Kyron Horman’s stepmom, dad and other relatives.
June 23rd, 2010

Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

The Kyron Files
The 14 most important people and things to emerge from the Kyron Horman investigation
BY JAMES PITKIN | jpitkin at wweek dot com
[August 4th, 2010
]

The Mother
Desiree Young
Residence: Medford

... Desiree’s backstory adds to the pathos. When the boy was 2 years old, Desiree suffered kidney failure she says was a result of taking a medication that was not FDA-approved—what medication, she won’t say. She went to Canada for treatment, but again has declined to give specifics. When she returned to Oregon, she tried to regain custody of Kyron and an older son from her first marriage. She was denied by Kaine and the other father, and never fought their decision in court. Desiree is now seeing a therapist to help deal with Kyron’s disappearance and has returned to work as an accountant at Lithia Motors in Medford.

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3639/14358

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #849 on: August 21, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »

Snip...

Her parents, who had no other children, gave Horman much of what she wanted, including tens of thousands of dollars later in life, according to Ecker's dad, Chuck, a retired high school teacher.

Geez, no one has given me so much of a lock of their hair  Wow! Tens of thousands of dollars in life?
Did the parents pay for the wedding's and divorce's?  If SM is from a Prominent family if mum is telling the truth-
it shouldn't that difficut to find the Bio-Mom, we have the maiden name, (it is a rare name), unless, its been shortened.

Yeah.. me either!!      What I could do with tens of thousands of dollars.  < dreams >

Well... I spent a good 30 years of my life in the Sacramento area, and just north of Sacramento is Grass Valley.  That is supposedly where Terri's biomom is from.  My adoptive family has property in Grass Valley, an acre of that is mine.  It's rural, none of the family acreage having ever been developed yet.  One solitary neighbor watches property lines for us, in exchange for letting him range his cattle on our acreage.  Grass Valley used to be an area that folks who worked the daily grind in the Sacramento area would think of as 'getting away from it all', perhaps one day building a retirement home.  Still being close enough to get 'to the city' to docs, stores, etc.  Certainly not what I'd think of as anywhere anyone who was "prominent" might care to live. 

But who knows?   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: August 21, 2010, 12:51:14 PM »

Freedom to do whatever she wants to do while Kaine is at work.  Kiara too young to see and tell.

Yes.  Why not let Desiree have her son?  She let her ex have James.  I just can't figure it out.  Two things seem parallel, yet something is missing.

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: August 21, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »

Yes.  Why not let Desiree have her son?  She let her ex have James.  I just can't figure it out.  Two things seem parallel, yet something is missing.

Because she actually hates Desiree and wanted to hurt her as much as Kaine.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #852 on: August 21, 2010, 12:55:27 PM »

Exactly!

Poor Kyron!  The world misses you frog expert!

I believe in miracles!
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: August 21, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »

Snip...

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: August 21, 2010, 12:57:59 PM »

I wonder why she didn't kill Kaine herself.  She was strong.

I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: August 21, 2010, 01:05:45 PM »

THE CUSTODY ISSUE

Troubled Family
What records show about Kyron Horman’s stepmom, dad and other relatives.
June 23rd, 2010

Kaine Horman had been married once before, to Kyron’s biological mother, who now goes by the name Desiree Young. Washington County Circuit Court records show Young was pregnant with Kyron, the couple’s only child, when she filed for divorce from Kaine in August 2002. She cited irreconcilable differences.

What hasn’t been made public is the fact that, a month after filing for divorce, Young sought a restraining order against Kaine Horman, Kyron’s dad.

At the time, she had a 7-year-old son from a previous marriage. In court documents, Young said she feared Kaine Horman would “remove our children from their residence.” It’s unclear whether the couple was living together at the time. Washington County Circuit Judge Donald Letourneau granted Young’s request, forbidding either her or Kaine Horman from taking the children without the other’s consent.

http://wweek.com/editorial/3633/14183/

The Kyron Files
The 14 most important people and things to emerge from the Kyron Horman investigation
BY JAMES PITKIN | jpitkin at wweek dot com
[August 4th, 2010
]

The Mother
Desiree Young
Residence: Medford

... Desiree’s backstory adds to the pathos. When the boy was 2 years old, Desiree suffered kidney failure she says was a result of taking a medication that was not FDA-approved—what medication, she won’t say. She went to Canada for treatment, but again has declined to give specifics. When she returned to Oregon, she tried to regain custody of Kyron and an older son from her first marriage. She was denied by Kaine and the other father, and never fought their decision in court. Desiree is now seeing a therapist to help deal with Kyron’s disappearance and has returned to work as an accountant at Lithia Motors in Medford.

http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3639/14358

Little Boy Lost
Report airs Monday, July 26, 10 p.m./9 C on Dateline NBC

Kaine and Desiree eventually divorced.  Little Kyron lived with her for the first two years of his life. But Desiree was sick with severe kidney problems.

DESIREE YOUNG: I had gotten to the point where I was in the hospital usually

three or four times throughout the year.

KATE SNOW: Your kidneys were failing?

DESIREE YOUNG: Yeah. I was so sick that I was passing out at times.

Desiree says she went to Canada for treatment and gave Kaine temporary custody of Kyron. When she got back, still recovering and drowning in medical bills, they decided together that Kyron would be best off staying with his dad. She admits that, despite the anguish Terri had caused her in he past, she now thought Kaine and Terri could give Kyron a good life.

DESIREE YOUNG: I didn't see anything that I was unhappy with. I didn't think that my child was unhappy.

But in hindsight, she regrets the decision.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38420266

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: August 21, 2010, 01:07:56 PM »

Right.  But, Terri might have thought the same thing was going to happen to her that happened to Desiree.  According to Kaine, she started talking about not being attractive.  Maybe she thought he was going to leave or have an affair, he had done it before.  That would go to motivation for the MFH.  You know, cheaters cheat and liars lie sort of thing.

That's very true, and she sure could have thought that was going to happen to her also. There is some pieces of the puzzle missing, something was happening for months before Kyron went missing, I will bet on it. Now if it was real or imagined that is a whole other thing.
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #857 on: August 21, 2010, 01:09:50 PM »

What if Terri didn't carry this out..but instead someone did this to get even with Terri?

Suppose someone from her past who she blackmailed or double crossed..showed up , like in the sting..but instead of taking care of Kaine..they decided Kyron was the easier target with the child porn and child traficking market in Portland?

When I see photos of Terri at the first press conferences she looksguilty..as though she brought this upon them, and she looks scared.  And DDS said Terri and her family is scared for her.  Suppose that part is true?  Suppose that she hooked up with the wrong people and the plan she had with them changed..and this was their way of extracting what they wanted?

I still say LE is handling this more like a kidnapping for ransom then a murder investigation.  Living with the family, tapping phones, bugging the house, probably bugged the cars.  If you were innocent none of that would bother you..it bothered Terri plenty...she didn't even take the Mustang when she left because she knew it would be bugged and also have tracking devices...................yet she just couldn't help herself and went back to her old ways of sexting...that time MC.

Only Terri knows what lead up to this..she may not know exactly who took Kyron and what happened from that point on..but she does know what her actions and contacts have now cost her..everything.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: August 21, 2010, 01:10:12 PM »

Unless she was jealous of Desiree? There are some really nice pictures of Terri in that latest article, and I think she looks very pretty. but it appears like she was letting herself go over the last months for whatever reason.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: August 21, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »

What she said!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.