June 16, 2024, 08:52:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 227155 times)
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2010, 01:34:44 PM »

Eckert's parents either had Terri pegged, or no woman would have been good enough for their son. Many parents have conflicts with who their child marries. I know that I have kept quiet so not to rock the boat with one of my daughter's choices, don't want to say anything because I dearly don't want to lose her. So it could be looked at both ways.

But hindsight is 20/20 and in hindsight, Terri did some peculiar stuff to Eckert concerning child support and calling the Sheriff's Office on him after pretending to be all understanding when he questioned the child support increase. And he's still paying support, but James is living with Tarver, his bio dad! That is so unfair.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »

txlisa just playing Devil's Advocate, nothing more or nothing less. Everybody sees things differently, and again, I really have little doubt that Terri is responsible, to what degree I don't know. Just like to know the whys and hows of things.
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2010, 01:35:41 PM »

I'm a terrible speller by the way...
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36:54 PM »

After reading the OL article I am wondering about Kaine's business trip to CA they referenced.  I remember (near the beginning of this disappearance) giving some thought to a possiblity that the CA trip planned for this summer indicated a possible move and that Terri may NOT have been okay w/ relocation.
IMO
P
btw, Good Morning, Monkeys.

Good morning Tolerance!

I think Terri was not o. k. with a lot of things. 
I can't understand why she was so focused on Kyron's daily color cards.
Did she want to use this to complain to Kaine about him...have Kaine on his case too?   

Because if Kyron were to "misbehave" in school it would reflect bad on her???

I'm sure he was punished when he didn't get his greens.

Consider if you will, the SOURCE of this information about the discipline is Kaine Horman.

Why would he lie?  I have a hard time seeing Terri as this poor put upon "victim" of Kaine Horman.  So the man has faults, so does Terri and PLENTY OF THEM!  Terri is the one who couldn't have given a rats a** that her stepson was missing, no in fact she was complaining to Desiree about her hair do. 

Kaine Horman has his own agenda just like everyone does.  I have an agenda so do you, so did my dear sweet departed grandmother.  I don't know why KH would lie.  I don't know IF KH is lying.  I do know that a person can tell the truth and ADD to it, change the truth, STRETCH the truth to fit what their particular agenda may be.

I do find it interesting that some people are so quick to dismiss KH's faults and focus on Terri's.  This investigation could have taken an entirely different flavor with a different media spin.

In the end, I don't care about any of it I just want to see Kyron found.  One way or another and there doesn't seem to be much effort spent on behalf of the media to offer up any good ideas on how to LOOK for him.

A good friend of mine made an excellent point the other day, he said; "You can't find something if you aren't LOOKING for it."

Excellent advise I think.

Kaine's agenda is to get his son back. Terri's agenda is anything but that.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2010, 01:37:51 PM »

Eckert's parents either had Terri pegged, or no woman would have been good enough for their son. Many parents have conflicts with who their child marries. I know that I have kept quiet so not to rock the boat with one of my daughter's choices, don't want to say anything because I dearly don't want to lose her. So it could be looked at both ways.

But hindsight is 20/20 and in hindsight, Terri did some peculiar stuff to Eckert concerning child support and calling the Sheriff's Office on him after pretending to be all understanding when he questioned the child support increase. And he's still paying support, but James is living with Tarver, his bio dad! That is so unfair.
Not only unfair doesn't make sense to me, but he did adopt James, don't really know the legal workings on how this all goes. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »

Kaine Horman has his own agenda just like everyone does.  I have an agenda so do you, so did my dear sweet departed grandmother.  I don't know why KH would lie.  I don't know IF KH is lying.  I do know that a person can tell the truth and ADD to it, change the truth, STRETCH the truth to fit what their particular agenda may be.

I do find it interesting that some people are so quick to dismiss KH's faults and focus on Terri's.  This investigation could have taken an entirely different flavor with a different media spin.

In the end, I don't care about any of it I just want to see Kyron found.  One way or another and there doesn't seem to be much effort spent on behalf of the media to offer up any good ideas on how to LOOK for him.

A good friend of mine made an excellent point the other day, he said; "You can't find something if you aren't LOOKING for it."

Excellent advise I think.

I fully agree, Justamama. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »

I wonder if Mr. Eckert is still making the child support payments to Terri?  I would hope at the very least the payments are going to Mr. Tarver.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »

This is as true as the ages of time passing.  How many times I have heard stories at 25,30 and even 50 year anniversary parties telling of how "Well my dad didn't like him much."  We probably all have our own stories to tell in that regard.  Sometimes the transference of emotions is so strong that the spouse to be is placed in a no-win situation. 

Perhaps TH could sense the rejection and ended up going over board with her lavish affections in some sorry attempt to win them over.  They in turn, already not liking her viewed her every action with suspicion.  Looks like the song that never ends.

I think their opinions of Terri were quite justified after her temper tantrum about spending "James' inheritance."

Did she have dreams of knocking-off husband number 2?   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »

Oh I agree!  The first time I read that whole scenario I went..   And from looking at the photos and reading what I have about the man, to me it sounds like this Ekert was just one sweet honey of a man and TH maybe should have hung on to him.  I look at that photo of the three of them, the one done in sepia with James in the middle and he's leaning on Ekert, that kid LOOKS happy, not just posing for the photo smiling but he actually looks happy.  Takes a good man to marry a woman and adopt the child.  Takes an even BETTER man to continue to make child support payments after they are divorced.

The only confusing part about that is for what a nice man he appears to be WHY didn't he continue to see James after that divorce?  No joint custody?  No visitations?  I don't understand this. 

There is another victim in this chaos and it's that poor James.  Imagine if you will to have his own biological father sign away his rights, the new man adopts him but when the divorce comes there is no further contact, then he goes to be with KH and Terri and THAT falls apart.  I think it's just a SAD, SAD thing the whole deal.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2010, 01:41:08 PM »

What agenda does Kaine have besides seeing his son returned safely to him?  Please tell me, I would really like to know!
Peace
Scared Monkey

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2010, 01:41:52 PM »

Obviously each person has a different take on this according to their life experiences. Regardless, we can argue for days on end about our differences, or get back to looking at others. JMO, but I can't see how this is getting us anywhere but into ethical differences among us. There is no right answer.
I have not gone back many pages, but did anyone find anything else on Rudy?

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Mohandas Gandhi
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions

Some very nice pictures go along with this article, too.

Thanks, Puzzler.  We finally hear from James.

Very interesting article and I am sure you all are talking about it. I am a few pages behind as always.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2010, 01:43:02 PM »

The KATU article ... for the most part ... is an overview of Jason Name Redacted's letter to the Oregonian.  However ... the impression is that that an interview took place.

Today's profile of Terri Horman in the Oregonian ... is nothing but a compilation of quotes that has been out there since the getgo.

The local media knows nothing!!

I wish that reporters were beating a path to the door of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Department ... demanding an update on the direction of the investigation into the disappearance Kyron.  I know reporters agreed to be Kaine Horman's team players but ... I wish they hadn't.

Other than one small release on the Multnomah County Sheriff's Department website ... LE has silently stood by and allowed Terri Horman and DeDe Spicher to be the focus of serious accusations by Desiree and Kain as well as media unnamed "credible sources" while not declaring either one of them as a person of interest in the case.

Last night I thought long and hard about the reporting of this case and ... have come to the conclusion that Terri Horman and DeDe Spicher have been tried and convicted in the public arena ... me included ... through the accusations of Kaine and Desiree and unnamed "credible sources".

Something is terribly wrong and ... I am sooo troubled.

Janet
______

I was not interviewed by KATU last week, it was three weeks ago while out on a bicycle ride.

The search for Kyron: What DeDe Spicher's ex has to say
Story Published: Aug 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM PDT
Story Updated: Aug 19, 2010 at 6:11 PM PDT

http://www.katu.com/news/local/101101779.html

Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions
Published: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 10:30 PM
Updated: Friday, August 20, 2010, 8:42 AM

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

+++++++++

Investigators put pressure on Terri Moulton Horman's friends, including DeDe Spicher
Published: Thursday, July 22, 2010, 7:50 PM
Updated: Friday, July 23, 2010, 11:52 AM

Letter from Kyron's parents, stepfather

"We have been briefed by law enforcement on the most recent developments in Kyron’s case.  We have been informed that they have identified a person that has been in close communication with Terri Moulton Horman since Kyron went missing and her name is DeDe Spicher.  She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son.  Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron’s disappearance, not to cooperate as well.  We implore DeDe Spicer (sic) to come forward and cooperate with the investigators in any way that they need in order to assist us in finding our son.  We will state further that if we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter.

"We as a family cannot understand how anyone can look at Kyron’s smiling face, having information and choose not to help bring him home.  Please remember what this is about, it’s about bringing a wonderful little boy back to his family.

"Desiree, Tony, and Kaine"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

Kaine Horman asks judge to make Terri Moulton Horman move out of his house
Published: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 12:06 PM
Updated: Thursday, July 08, 2010, 6:43 PM

Multnomah County judge today unsealed the petition for the restraining order which Kaine Horman obtained on June 28, two days after investigators informed him that his wife had offered to pay a landscaper to kill him months before his son's disappearance.

"I believe respondent is involved in the disappearance of my son Kyron who has been missing since June 4, 2010. I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me,'' Kaine Horman wrote in his petition. "The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/judge_releases_restraining_ord.html

MULTNOMAH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS NO COMMENTS REGARDING THE JULY 8, 2010 YOUNG/HORMAN PRESS CONFERENCES
Posted: July 8th, 2010 6:48 PM

There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences.   The information released during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.  This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2010, 01:43:07 PM »

Not only unfair doesn't make sense to me, but he did adopt James, don't really know the legal workings on how this all goes. 

I used to work in the Family Support division of the DA's office, and every now and then saw situations like this. I had no respect for those women that saw these men as just meal tickets. Ecker needs to go back to court and try again. But I think he's just too decent to do that to James. He needs to realize that James already has 2 other fathers, and the only one he has no contact with shouldn't be the one to pay. He may not win though. It's a crapshoot, depending on the state.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »

I wonder if Mr. Eckert is still making the child support payments to Terri?  I would hope at the very least the payments are going to Mr. Tarver.
Legally I don't know, but it sure would make sense to give the payments to James' dad.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:12 PM »

Obviously each person has a different take on this according to their life experiences. Regardless, we can argue for days on end about our differences, or get back to looking at others. JMO, but I can't see how this is getting us anywhere but into ethical differences among us. There is no right answer.
I have not gone back many pages, but did anyone find anything else on Rudy?
Sure would like to know more about Rudy.
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:49 PM »

What agenda does Kaine have besides seeing his son returned safely to him?  Please tell me, I would really like to know!

I cannot speak for Kaine Horman.  You would have to ask him this question.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2010, 01:46:57 PM »

I used to work in the Family Support division of the DA's office, and every now and then saw situations like this. I had no respect for those women that saw these men as just meal tickets. Ecker needs to go back to court and try again. But I think he's just too decent to do that to James. He needs to realize that James already has 2 other fathers, and the only one he has no contact with shouldn't be the one to pay. He may not win though. It's a crapshoot, depending on the state.
Would the payments now be going to James' father and step mother since they are the ones raising him.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »

Maybe she wanted the daily updates on Kyron because she thought there might be something wrong with Kyron (attention disorder) and, as a teacher herself, she knew the best way to try to figure out if he needed special attention was to get the daily reports to see what was going on and to ensure that the teachers were giving him attention.

The thing about the inheritance was odd to me, too.

Well I must be a bad mama too because this type of system was used in one of my sons 3rd grade class as well. I would ask if their color had changed that day and if so then there would be a consequence at home as well. No desert or their toy would go on time out. Now as they are in 5th and 6th grade they are model students who do not get into trouble.
To me this sounds like Terri was holding Kyron accountable for his actions. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

June 18, 2010 4:51 PM
Kyron Horman Update: Cops Ask Public for Information about Stepmother, Believed to Have Last Seen Boy

ADD A COMMENT

by tmittelstaed June 19, 2010 12:38 AM EDT

The only thing we know (and I live in OR so have read quite a lot about this case) is that the family immediately went into seclusion the first week of Kyron's disappearance, and -everyone- (and I mean everyone) remotely conected to the family has been absolutely close-lipped with regards to the families situation. There has been nothing in the way of family members or relatives talking to reporters and doing anything other than echoing the party line. Kyron's family has information about it's internal workings locked down so tight that it would put the CIA to shame, and they have managed the press to say what they want better than a lot of professional companies who manage politicians press interfaces have done.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20008192-504083.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.