June 16, 2024, 05:46:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #22 8/19/10 - 8/21/10  (Read 227103 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »

What agenda does Kaine have besides seeing his son returned safely to him?  Please tell me, I would really like to know!

I cannot speak for Kaine Horman.  You would have to ask him this question.

Okay, well I take it that his only agenda is getting his son back. 
I see that Kaine and Desiree both very much want their son back  an angelic monkey
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »

I think Kyron was Terri's "whipping boy."  The easiest target of her growing frustrations.  I don't think any discipline she did to that child was out of love. MOO!

I don't either. And when it came to being less than perfect herself, she made excuses or played the blame game.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »

After reading the Oregonian article, I think of the differences between my parenting and my ex's. I am definitely the disciplinarian, and I feel TV does more harm than good for children so I take that away completely first and I like to stay on top of any behavioral issues at school as well. My ex will allow hours on end on the TV for it to babysit the children and I know enough from my studies that this is damaging to children. An individual with their Master's in Education would also know this. I attribute many attention problems with video and television over-usage. I also keep on top of things at school as I have seen a few things get out of control prior to my being notified, such as others bullying my child. This makes me, in my opinon, a good mom. If she disliked the child, she would not care so much. My ex would probably tell people I am too strict, angry, a bitch etc etc as well, but I have some of the best behaved and well adjusted children. Even my step children have applauded my ways, knowing it all came from love that I pushed everyone for their own personal best. That's me and how I operate. I am still very close with my ex's children, speaking to and visiting with them weekly even after all of my strict ways and divorcing their father and they are teenagers and a 20 yr old. They owe nothing to me, I am dad's ex, that's all.
My reasons for pointing this out is how easily others such as my ex could villafy me. By the way, I get angry some times too. I even verbally discipline others children when they are at my home. Oh goodness, call child services.... a mom is correcting inappropriate behavior. Oh, and I took away TV for a whole school term for getting C's and not paying attention in class. Guess what? No more C's on the next report card..................Oh, and after the birth of my infant, I too got abrupt with my step-children, but I also cried hysterically at the TV news whenever it was sad. We all experience post partum hormonal fluctuation, some to different degrees.
I am not saying Terri was not involved. I am saying to ascertain such from this article would be to also ascertain that I would be capable of such and I most certainly am not. Did I mention I too am a gym rat?

Yep, holding a kid responsible does not make a mom a bad person so I agree with you. Now if Terri was hitting Kyron or locking him into a cupboard, then that shows signs of abuse, but holding him accountable is not a sign of abuse. imo
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2010, 02:02:50 PM »

I come in peace...(gingerly stepping into the pond),

I just finished reading that whole article and then came on here and I must say it's truly fascinating to have read something and then read the different points of view on the same article.

What some report reading is not how I comprehended it at all.  Who's right?  I think everyone is.

When I read that article I see some truth but mostly I see a slant from ex-people in her life.  The interview with Eker's parents?  Come on...the mother states that Terri 'wanted our son'.  Sounds like some old farmhouse, golden child, bible thumping going on there.  Like, "Ohhhh that evil red headed woman come to da house to steeeel our Jimmy away!!!! She's eveeeel I say, !!"

The part about how Terri 'pushed' their son into adopting James nearly made me ill.   This man KNEW she had a child, THEY knew she had a child.  This was known going into the marriage and if the biological father couldn't support the child and this new family they made together was working I can sure see how the idea would be to adopt the boy, form a new family unit and move on from there.  But to me, to read it from the elder Ekerts you might think their sonny boy was just some hapless DUPE who was sucked in by this red headed siren with a CHILD, (gasp) from a previous relationship...How DARE she wear a WHITE wedding dress?

In the end here I don't think we all will ever agree and I don't know that we should.  I do know that I SINCERELY HOPE with all my might that NOTHING in my life ever happens so that people come to interview all my former 'friends' and neighbors and ex husbands!!  Good grief like that's not a biased view point from the get go.

I don't know I think Eckert's parents had her pegged from the get go.
His mother was conned I think. But bottom line, they were right to question her motives. The woman is manipulator and her actions later showed that she probably did push Ecker into adopting James--mo' money, mo' money, mo' money! I wouldn't surprise me to learn she was also getting unofficial financial support for James from Tarver. In reading that article, I don't see how it's possible to gloss over all the negative and just see the positive in Terri. No matter how positive the press, wouldn't the negative stuff thrown in here and there be like hitting a brick wall and make one question the validity of the positive stuff? I don't think a vice-versa situation has the same impact.

I just can't get over how hard people will try to put a positive spin on this woman!  At worst, Terri disappeared Kyron.  At the very least, she is a self centered narcissistic who does not take account the feelings of others.

I can understand wanting to be unbiased in an assessment of all of the parties involved, but I agree with Tx and Scatty. It seems that there are those who insist on trying to make TH appear to be a saint while vilifying anyone who reports information that refutes this saintly image. It wasn't only ex-husbands and in-laws that reported some disturbing TH behaviors that fall outside the norm, some were reported by those peripheral to the investigation who seem to have no reason to distort the truth. Also, those closest to the investigation shared both positive and negative behaviors that were noticed over time (including Kaine). It's hardly unbiased to cherry pick information and only attend to that which supports your own opinion. I am also growing weary of an attempt to paint Kaine as the devil incarnate and that anything negative that Terri did was most likely because of Kaine. While obviously not perfect, Kaine is not the one who caused this tragedy. To imply that he could have prevented it if he were only more aware or involved in his home life seems overly punitive IMO and is not supported by the entire body of information presented by sources thus far.

That said, the only thing I know for certain is that a beautiful child did not get what he deserved. Where is Kyron???

Exactly!  I don't know why the hostility towards Kaine, but there were those on the 'net **cough**42ndState**cough** spreading rumors about him without any facts to back it up.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2010, 02:03:53 PM »

I found something else in the article interesting..Terri has or had been collecting unemployment for two years.

DDS was also on unemployment.

They seem to have many things in common.  Could it be that in Feb to March of 2009 they became closer friends?  Since they were not working they would have had more time to get together during the day during the week..pursue commoon interests.

I'm saying this because Kaine didn't seem to know much about DDS, neither did JW seem to know Kaine and Terri.  Yet they have to be very good friends for DDS to stay with Terri after Kaine left and for Terri's parents to ask her to stay with their daughter.  You just wouldn't ask an acquaintance to do that..particularly under theses circumstances.

I still feel that DDS is involved in this somehow..as well as both Sanchez relatives.

You will love this quote from Blink regarding Dede:

I do not usually say this, but in the interest of disclosure I feel I must.

Dede absolutely creeps me out. I mean, everything about her. No malice intended, and I cannot put my finger on it.
B

She says Dede reminds of Kathy Bates character from Misery.
and that certainly isn't a compliment. Have to say that one picture of DeDe on her blog, you can just see insanity in her eyes.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2010, 02:04:43 PM »

I think Kyron was Terri's "whipping boy."  The easiest target of her growing frustrations.  I don't think any discipline she did to that child was out of love. MOO!

I don't either. And when it came to being less than perfect herself, she made excuses or played the blame game.

I shudder to think what she did to that poor child when no one else was around!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2010, 02:06:39 PM »

For as much as Terri loves children, she sure doesn't seem to mind that she has lost her own.
It appears that way, but how do we know how she is feeling? I'm sure her attorney is telling her what to do, and one of the main things is to keep quiet. It certainly appears that Terri did something to Kyron, no doubt she probably did.

Sending James away and not fighting to see her daughter.
I'm not sticking up for Terri, actually I think there is a lot going on in that family, but according to James he talks to her a lot. Now with the baby, I'm guessing the lawyer is telling her to lay low and not cause trouble, because that is basically what a good defense lawyer does.

I agree Nrcg.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2010, 02:06:51 PM »

I just finished reading that whole article and then came on here and I must say it's truly fascinating to have read something and then read the different points of view on the same article.

What some report reading is not how I comprehended it at all.  Who's right?  I think everyone is.

When I read that article I see some truth but mostly I see a slant from ex-people in her life.  The interview with Eker's parents?  Come on...the mother states that Terri 'wanted our son'.  Sounds like some old farmhouse, golden child, bible thumping going on there.  Like, "Ohhhh that evil red headed woman come to da house to steeeel our Jimmy away!!!! She's eveeeel I say, !!"

The part about how Terri 'pushed' their son into adopting James nearly made me ill.   This man KNEW she had a child, THEY knew she had a child.  This was known going into the marriage and if the biological father couldn't support the child and this new family they made together was working I can sure see how the idea would be to adopt the boy, form a new family unit and move on from there.  But to me, to read it from the elder Ekerts you might think their sonny boy was just some hapless DUPE who was sucked in by this red headed siren with a CHILD, (gasp) from a previous relationship...How DARE she wear a WHITE wedding dress?

In the end here I don't think we all will ever agree and I don't know that we should.  I do know that I SINCERELY HOPE with all my might that NOTHING in my life ever happens so that people come to interview all my former 'friends' and neighbors and ex husbands!!  Good grief like that's not a biased view point from the get go.

His mother was conned I think. But bottom line, they were right to question her motives. The woman is manipulator and her actions later showed that she probably did push Ecker into adopting James--mo' money, mo' money, mo' money! I wouldn't surprise me to learn she was also getting unofficial financial support for James from Tarver. In reading that article, I don't see how it's possible to gloss over all the negative and just see the positive in Terri. No matter how positive the press, wouldn't the negative stuff thrown in here and there be like hitting a brick wall and make one question the validity of the positive stuff? I don't think a vice-versa situation has the same impact.

I just can't get over how hard people will try to put a positive spin on this woman!  At worst, Terri disappeared Kyron.  At the very least, she is a self centered narcissistic who does not take account the feelings of others.

I can understand wanting to be unbiased in an assessment of all of the parties involved, but I agree with Tx and Scatty. It seems that there are those who insist on trying to make TH appear to be a saint while vilifying anyone who reports information that refutes this saintly image. It wasn't only ex-husbands and in-laws that reported some disturbing TH behaviors that fall outside the norm, some were reported by those peripheral to the investigation who seem to have no reason to distort the truth. Also, those closest to the investigation shared both positive and negative behaviors that were noticed over time (including Kaine). It's hardly unbiased to cherry pick information and only attend to that which supports your own opinion. I am also growing weary of an attempt to paint Kaine as the devil incarnate and that anything negative that Terri did was most likely because of Kaine. While obviously not perfect, Kaine is not the one who caused this tragedy. To imply that he could have prevented it if he were only more aware or involved in his home life seems overly punitive IMO and is not supported by the entire body of information presented by sources thus far.

That said, the only thing I know for certain is that a beautiful child did not get what he deserved. Where is Kyron???

Exactly!  I don't know why the hostility towards Kaine, but there were those on the 'net **cough**42ndState**cough** spreading rumors about him without any facts to back it up.

txlisa

Where are the "facts" to back up your accusations against Terri and DeDe.

The handling of this case by LE in regards to PR has allowed "feelings" regarding the major players to rule.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09:31 PM »

In reading, then rereading the latest article.. it seems to me that no matter how one felt before the article came out, the info in this article serves only to strengthen the viewpoint we each already had.  If we are looking for something in particular, chances are we're gonna find it, or view it from our particular stance. 

Example.. the color coded cards.  These are used as a classroom behavorial modification approach, by many teachers, and can be used in many different ways.  Just google it for further reading on the endless approaches.  The cards can be used as a positive reward system, or with a negative consequence approach.  It depends entirely on the teacher/parent/student using them.   The cards can be meant to be positive by the teacher, viewed by one parent as positive, the other as negative, and hated/loved by the student.  It's ALL in the way those cards are used.  What the article does NOT tell us is why those color cards were used, how they were used, how effective they were, and the views of each adult:  teacher/Kaine/Terri, and Kyron himself.  Did the whole class use them or were they focused on just one or more students?  And etc. 

IMO, (and I have experience with those cards, one son on the program, two off.. all three with ADD/ADHD).  Using them for positive rewards works best (rewarding good behaviors)..... while using them for negative consequences (punishing negative behaviors) can defeat the purpose and end up breaking the spirit of the child. ... That's MY experience, my opinion.  Everyone has their own. 

Overall... I think the article was informative.  And I also think it was in keeping with what the media has done all along in this case so far.... spoonfed with a slanted bias.  Which most folks are eating up, according to their already preconceived viewpoints so far. 

All IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2010, 02:10:17 PM »

txlisa

Where are the "facts" to back up your accusations against Terri and DeDe.

The handling of this case by LE in regards to PR has allowed "feelings" regarding the major players to rule.

Janet

The facts as presented when put together!  The landscaper, MFH plot, deceptive answers on polygraph, the throw away phones, and the timeline for June 4th.  And no, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young are not in collusion with the MCSO to railroad Terri Horman and Dede Spicher.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »

After reading the OL article I am wondering about Kaine's business trip to CA they referenced.  I remember (near the beginning of this disappearance) giving some thought to a possiblity that the CA trip planned for this summer indicated a possible move and that Terri may NOT have been okay w/ relocation.
IMO
P
btw, Good Morning, Monkeys.

Good morning Tolerance!

I think Terri was not o. k. with a lot of things. 
I can't understand why she was so focused on Kyron's daily color cards.
Did she want to use this to complain to Kaine about him...have Kaine on his case too?   

Because if Kyron were to "misbehave" in school it would reflect bad on her???

I'm sure he was punished when he didn't get his greens.

Consider if you will, the SOURCE of this information about the discipline is Kaine Horman.

Why would he lie?  I have a hard time seeing Terri as this poor put upon "victim" of Kaine Horman.  So the man has faults, so does Terri and PLENTY OF THEM!  Terri is the one who couldn't have given a rats a** that her stepson was missing, no in fact she was complaining to Desiree about her hair do. 

Kaine Horman has his own agenda just like everyone does.  I have an agenda so do you, so did my dear sweet departed grandmother.  I don't know why KH would lie.  I don't know IF KH is lying.  I do know that a person can tell the truth and ADD to it, change the truth, STRETCH the truth to fit what their particular agenda may be.

I do find it interesting that some people are so quick to dismiss KH's faults and focus on Terri's.  This investigation could have taken an entirely different flavor with a different media spin.

In the end, I don't care about any of it I just want to see Kyron found.  One way or another and there doesn't seem to be much effort spent on behalf of the media to offer up any good ideas on how to LOOK for him.

A good friend of mine made an excellent point the other day, he said; "You can't find something if you aren't LOOKING for it."

Excellent advise I think.

I am trying to be objective. I think there is still a possibility that Terri is a completely horrible person but didn't do anything to Kyron.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2010, 02:12:26 PM »

What agenda does Kaine have besides seeing his son returned safely to him?  Please tell me, I would really like to know!

I see that Kaine and Desiree both very much want their son back  an angelic monkey

no rose

I am not doubting that but ... on the other hand ... there is something terrible wrong when these two are the ONLY source of information on this case other than unnamed "credible sources".

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2010, 02:12:59 PM »

And that said I think we have to remember that James was removed from the home while Kaine was away in California. 

Kaine did not want James sent away..Terri did that. Rather sneaky sending your son away when your current spouse disapproves while he is away on a business tr rip don't you think?

Kaine did not see a reason to hound Kyron with daily reports from the school vs weekly reports like other families received..he states Terri was the only parent asking for daily reports.

And that brings me to the next bit of info that we have where Kaine and Desiree have each said previously that they were recently talking with Kyron about obeying what any adult told him to do in school. Seems to me like Terri was using this attentiveness to adults in a school situation (remember they said he understood stranger danger but wouldn't in a school situation)  to set up things for the morning of the science fair and the kidnapping.

Just something else that makes me go hmmm.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »

no rose

I am not doubting that but ... on the other hand ... there is something terrible wrong when these two are the ONLY source of information on this case other than unnamed "credible sources".

Janet

They have not held a press conference in weeks!  They were asked for their opinions on Terri and gave them!  What purpose does it serve them to lie?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »

Maybe she wanted the daily updates on Kyron because she thought there might be something wrong with Kyron (attention disorder) and, as a teacher herself, she knew the best way to try to figure out if he needed special attention was to get the daily reports to see what was going on and to ensure that the teachers were giving him attention.

The thing about the inheritance was odd to me, too.

Well I must be a bad mama too because this type of system was used in one of my sons 3rd grade class as well. I would ask if their color had changed that day and if so then there would be a consequence at home as well. No desert or their toy would go on time out. Now as they are in 5th and 6th grade they are model students who do not get into trouble.
To me this sounds like Terri was holding Kyron accountable for his actions. 
an angelic monkey And the posters that are familiar with your posts, we know you are a good mama. And you were doing what was right. They didn't have no system like this when my kids were young, must be something relatively new?

Sorry took me a bit to catch up. My 6th grade teacher had something like this. I remember one time, (all it took was one time), my card was turned to red, OMG I thought my mom and dads heads would explode!
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #215 on: August 20, 2010, 02:17:04 PM »

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!  I have read comments about where are Kaine and Desiree and why aren't they talking.  Could it be because people are accusing them of trying to railroad Terri and control information about this case?  Damned if they do, damned if they don't!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #216 on: August 20, 2010, 02:18:57 PM »

Well I think it is fair to say that Kaines opinions right now are a little slanted. He is upset with Terri and blaming her for his son having gone missing. I am not saying he has this right or not, 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: August 20, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »

Maybe she wanted the daily updates on Kyron because she thought there might be something wrong with Kyron (attention disorder) and, as a teacher herself, she knew the best way to try to figure out if he needed special attention was to get the daily reports to see what was going on and to ensure that the teachers were giving him attention.

The thing about the inheritance was odd to me, too.

Well I must be a bad mama too because this type of system was used in one of my sons 3rd grade class as well. I would ask if their color had changed that day and if so then there would be a consequence at home as well. No desert or their toy would go on time out. Now as they are in 5th and 6th grade they are model students who do not get into trouble.
To me this sounds like Terri was holding Kyron accountable for his actions. 
an angelic monkey And the posters that are familiar with your posts, we know you are a good mama. And you were doing what was right. They didn't have no system like this when my kids were young, must be something relatively new?

Sorry took me a bit to catch up. My 6th grade teacher had something like this. I remember one time, (all it took was one time), my card was turned to red, OMG I thought my mom and dads heads would explode!
I remember getting little gold stars when we did well and that was it  But find it very interesting this system.  Wyks with the info you just gave with this card system, is it just for kids with learning problems, or the entire class?  I remember getting in trouble with bad grades in math.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: August 20, 2010, 02:20:01 PM »

Sorry, I have to disagree with the discipline thing.  I think what Terri wanted Kaine to do was excessive and not necessary.

Well I disagree with you completely. She was parenting Kyron.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!  I have read comments about where are Kaine and Desiree and why aren't they talking.  Could it be because people are accusing them of trying to railroad Terri and control information about this case?  Damned if they do, damned if they don't!
I figured that the police probably told them not to talk right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.