April 24, 2024, 05:11:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #23 8/21/10 - 8/24/10  (Read 221551 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #960 on: August 25, 2010, 12:17:37 AM »

What a nightmare.  Class sizes are increasing and in this day and age, it just can't be. 

The public has to start lowering class size so that there aren't so many kids in a class.

I am a teacher, and every year there should be MANDATORY meeting held on child safety.  Every teacher needs to sign off that s/he has attended the class .  That is ridiculous.  Our school district requires a list of authorized people to take a child and a photo ID. 

Ridiculous!
Kitty, not knowing what age you teach, how do you teach the children without scaring the be-geezes out of them that they have to speak out if they don't know/or shouldn't leave with just anyone?  It really can't be left up the the little ones???  I am glad I don't have to deal with a young un in this day and age.....Mines 41 and hasn't found the front door yet, did I train him tooooooo well?
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #961 on: August 25, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/yahoolatestnews/stories/082510dnmetabduction.86c86aa4.html

im guessing the man was a transport driver for an after school
program,or maybe a cab for an appt

how it should of went
man says im picking up edwin A/ie full name
teacher/whoever, which edwin do you want
teacher, you are who for what co. , let me
check the file, ah yes abc day care, for edwin A
everyday drop off,8am, everyday pickup 3pm
or something like that
cw-a cab?  Is this sort of thing happening now?  What happened to responsible parenting? I agree with hellokitty on her last post.  Bless her and the patience she must endure being a teacher nowadays!
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #962 on: August 25, 2010, 12:46:10 AM »

Hi all!  Been catching up since earlier today.  I was looking at other pages on SM and came across something I hadn't seen before.  Originally posted by JessStar.

A NATION wide petition asking for a ONE STRIKE LAW for child sex offenders! As parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, we need to take a minute and sign our names!! How can anyone disagree??

Put in your zip code at the beginning & it will pull up your representatives & emails are sent to them on your behalf!!
http://www.rallycongress.com/one-strike-for-sex-offenders/2961/go/ 

Found it here: 
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7486.0

You can edit the letter and I added 2 sentences.  When I sent it I was told I was 1 of 6 in my state to participate.  I will forward to others in my State.  Free and just takes a minute.

I actually got two personal responses when I did this.  One email explaining that it was the state's responsibility and she wouldn't support a nationwide law....ugh.  The other was actually a phone call that I missed but he was very much in favor, so if you ever wonder if anyone is listening when you do these things, I would say YES!!

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #963 on: August 25, 2010, 12:51:29 AM »

Hi all!  Been catching up since earlier today.  I was looking at other pages on SM and came across something I hadn't seen before.  Originally posted by JessStar.

A NATION wide petition asking for a ONE STRIKE LAW for child sex offenders! As parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles, we need to take a minute and sign our names!! How can anyone disagree??

Put in your zip code at the beginning & it will pull up your representatives & emails are sent to them on your behalf!!

Found it here: 

You can edit the letter and I added 2 sentences.  When I sent it I was told I was 1 of 6 in my state to participate.  I will forward to others in my State.  Free and just takes a minute.

I actually got two personal responses when I did this.  One email explaining that it was the state's responsibility and she wouldn't support a nationwide law....ugh.  The other was actually a phone call that I missed but he was very much in favor, so if you ever wonder if anyone is listening when you do these things, I would say YES!!
Thanks akmom!  Strength in numbers they say!  At least we can say we did it!  Hopefully more will follow!  Really slow tonight but I see Klaas in the rafters waiting for a thread change.  You ready to do some swinging to the next cage?  Hi Klaas!
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #964 on: August 25, 2010, 12:59:44 AM »

WAKE UP EVERYONE!  WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: August 25, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »

I haven't seen anything mentioned regarding an incident that occured here today in N. Texas, Dallas to be exact........I just find this happening so unbelievable after all the exposure that Kyron has recieved........Come on schools get the word out!!!!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/yahoolatestnews/stories/082510dnmetabduction.86c86aa4.html
  Just watched the evening news......teacher had 2 boys named "Edwin" in her class and she sent the wrong one with the man!!!!

Unbelievable, Babs! Public schools are going to have to develop policies that protect the kids. There are just too many adults with ill intentions and while schools can't judge that, they have to be able to account for the whereabouts of the students from the first bell until the last, IMO.

And they said Kyron's case was an isolated incident!

For years parents have become too complacent in sending their kids to school without any concern for their safety.  Kids have been getting snatched waiting for their buses, walking home from school, snatched at school!  Schools are becoming a schmorgesborg for pedophiles.

Parents need to be diligent with the schools and start demanding better security measures in place for our children.

While I was going through an internet list of sexual predators in Portland, I came across one guy who snatched kids out of day-care centers.

Zero-Tolerance.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #966 on: August 25, 2010, 01:02:45 AM »

Found it here: 

Thanks akmom!  Strength in numbers they say!  At least we can say we did it!  Hopefully more will follow!  Really slow tonight but I see Klaas in the rafters waiting for a thread change.  You ready to do some swinging to the next cage?  Hi Klaas!

Guess which one I will support regardless of party affiliation.....I couldn't check into the cage until now...I rarely miss a day in the cage....was hoping to find that Kyron had been found...instead found that Kimmie has been found deceased....and the other girl, the little cheerleader.....somedays it is so hard.....

Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #967 on: August 25, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »

Found it here: 

Guess which one I will support regardless of party affiliation.....I couldn't check into the cage until now...I rarely miss a day in the cage....was hoping to find that Kyron had been found...instead found that Kimmie has been found deceased....and the other girl, the little cheerleader.....somedays it is so hard.....
I don't have to guess-I know, lol!  It's really getting depressing watching the news anymore because of all these awful things happening in our society.  My daughter and son inlaw don't have tv service because they don't want to watch the trash on tv.  They rent movies when they want to watch something.  I fill them in on the news.  At first I couldn't understand their reasoning but now I believe they may have the right idea after all! 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #968 on: August 25, 2010, 01:12:35 AM »

Recently I was researching a man who back in the late 90's was arrested, charged and sentenced for being in a car naked and masterbating. He was identified, charged and plead what I think is no contest in Oregon, can't recall what exactly it is called. So this person served 2 years probation and this crime was taken off his record because he was a good boy or didn't get caught. Several years later he was taken to court by his ex wife for lude conduct with 2 of his children...He has not been added to the megans law website, why? I don't know, fell through the cracks I suppose.
You can't reform these people, they just get more brazen. Can you imagine if we find out a person like this was responsible for taking Kyron? We would be asking why wasn't he stopped before he did this? Well perhaps we can protect the next child by having tighter laws that protect our children's rights rather then the rights of a less then human monster
southrngrl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #969 on: August 25, 2010, 01:16:34 AM »

Okay something has been driving me crazy and I need someone to help me clarify if I dreamed this up or not... On the morning of the 4th wasn't it reported that attendance or roll call was done twice? Once at 8:45 when the children assembled in their classrooms to be put into groups to tour the Science Fair and then roll call done again at 10:00 when they reassembled in classroom coming back from touring and to begin the "regular" school day? Please tell me I am not crazy and dreamed this... I usually very much stay just a "lurker" but for two days this has been on my mind and I cannot find where this was reported ANYWHERE!!! Thanx to anyone who'll take the time to set this crazy woman straight!!
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #970 on: August 25, 2010, 01:20:54 AM »

Recently I was researching a man who back in the late 90's was arrested, charged and sentenced for being in a car naked and masterbating. He was identified, charged and plead what I think is no contest in Oregon, can't recall what exactly it is called. So this person served 2 years probation and this crime was taken off his record because he was a good boy or didn't get caught. Several years later he was taken to court by his ex wife for lude conduct with 2 of his children...He has not been added to the megans law website, why? I don't know, fell through the cracks I suppose.
You can't reform these people, they just get more brazen. Can you imagine if we find out a person like this was responsible for taking Kyron? We would be asking why wasn't he stopped before he did this? Well perhaps we can protect the next child by having tighter laws that protect our children's rights rather then the rights of a less then human monster

Probably for me the saddest part of all of this is that the changes only happen AFTER the fact, AFTER a child's life has been changed forever.  I read about 'cruel and unusual punishment' and I think about the victims.  Where was their lawyer before these hideous acts were put upon them?

I will say at least this opens up the dialogue to consider a stranger abduction.  As I have mentioned before, children DO get abducted in front of busy churches, malls, and yes even schools.  It has happened.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #971 on: August 25, 2010, 01:21:06 AM »

TG-that is terrible.  I bolded the question above because we continue to hear this everytime something happens?  It makes no sense why it's not addressed by our politicians? Could it be because none of them have been personally effected?  Maybe someone who has needs to run for political office and address this.  It's just getting worse. 
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #972 on: August 25, 2010, 01:23:44 AM »

Found it here: 

I don't have to guess-I know, lol!  It's really getting depressing watching the news anymore because of all these awful things happening in our society.  My daughter and son inlaw don't have tv service because they don't want to watch the trash on tv.  They rent movies when they want to watch something.  I fill them in on the news.  At first I couldn't understand their reasoning but now I believe they may have the right idea after all! 

There are days that I seriously want to stick my fingers in my ears, cover my eyes, and scream till it all goes away.  But I know it won't and I feel like somehow, I have to be part of something that makes it stop.....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: August 25, 2010, 01:28:15 AM »

Since it's getting late and I'm tired, I'm going to lock this thread a tiny bit early    Get ready!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: August 25, 2010, 01:29:34 AM »

Please move to Kyron #24

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8404.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.