April 19, 2024, 09:23:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY CHAT  (Read 37176 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 07:24:36 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
TCUMom, SMU is a good school, has a library named for my husband's family. Embarassed

Well, you must be talking about the Fondren Library  Very Happy!  That is so cool!  My Dad went to law school at SMU and undergrad school, too......since I grew up in Dallas, they wanted me to get away from home.....first of 4 kids-guess I wasn't ready to leave the family~they MADE me live in the dorms  Shocked can you imagine-I was upset about that!

As an aside, whenever I think of Fondren Library, it reminds me of this creepy minister in Dallas about 20 years ago who *tried* to strangle his wife, Peggy Raley.  Walker's alibi was that he was researching at the Library when she was unsuccessfully strangled.

Did your husband go to SMU?
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 07:25:41 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
Quote from: "MeMere"
tcumom....I cannot get out in that kind of heat....it makes me miserable....and I cannot believe that that heat is crossing the country ....

It is just overwhelming~our air conditioners haven't cut off in days~it's making me nervous  Confused
We were in San Antonio a few days ago, helping our son find an apartment for the school year.....in and out of the car......what should have been an exciting, fun little trip turned into misery cause of the heat~
well, we were still excited but you know what I mean about the temperature ~ ugh.

Is he at Trinity or Incarnate Word...?

Actually, he'll be starting law school at St. Mary's ~ he wanted to be in San Antonio as opposed to Houston (thank goodness), and he is thrilled to be starting next month!  We are so happy for him!  Both of my brothers went to Trinity ~ great school ~ my parents were crushed when I picked SMU instead of Trinity  Confused I still feel guilty about it......

I love San Antonio.....my sister is an Incarnate Word nun and my daughter graduated from Incarnate Word.....Abdalla's is still on the corner, I think.... Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 07:33:45 PM »

I love San Antonio.....my sister is an Incarnate Word nun and my daughter graduated from Incarnate Word.....Abdalla's is still on the corner, I think.... Smile

Very Happy  Very Happy Yes!  We LOVE San Antonio~we told him that our 2 favorite cities in Texas are Fort Worth and San Antonio ~ so glad he chose to go to college there .....I could easily move to either of those places in an instant.  My little town's now like a suburb of Austin  Crying or Very sad and just isn't the same as when we moved here 26 years ago.
Is your daughter still in San Antone?
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 07:34:16 PM »

TCUMom, SMU is a good school, has a library named for my husband's family. Embarassed

Well, you must be talking about the Fondren Library  Very Happy!  That is so cool!  My Dad went to law school at SMU and undergrad school, too......since I grew up in Dallas, they wanted me to get away from home.....first of 4 kids-guess I wasn't ready to leave the family~they MADE me live in the dorms  Shocked can you imagine-I was upset about that!

As an aside, whenever I think of Fondren Library, it reminds me of this creepy minister in Dallas about 20 years ago who *tried* to strangle his wife, Peggy Raley.  Walker's alibi was that he was researching at the Library when she was unsuccessfully strangled.

Did your husband go to SMU?

Yes.  The whole family are SMU people.  Yes, I remember that creepy guy.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 07:36:38 PM »

Tyler, sometimes I'm so dense it's embarrassing~I guess they *would* be SMU people if the LIBRARY is named for them  Embarassed  Embarassed  Confused

By the way, I am sooo glad you are over here posting~  Very Happy  Very Happy
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 07:37:52 PM »

Tyler, sometimes I'm so dense it's embarrassing~I guess they *would* be SMU people if the LIBRARY is named for them  Embarassed  Embarassed  Confused

By the way, I am sooo glad you are over here posting~  Very Happy  Very Happy

Thank you.  There's a whole bunch of orthopedic guys in that family.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »

Very Happy  Very Happy Yes!  We LOVE San Antonio~we told him that our 2 favorite cities in Texas are Fort Worth and San Antonio ~ so glad he chose to go to college there .....I could easily move to either of those places in an instant.  My little town's now like a suburb of Austin  Crying or Very sad and just isn't the same as when we moved here 26 years ago.
Is your daughter still in San Antone?

No....she and SIL were the ones who lost their home in Katrina....but are now in a wonderful little town north of New Orleans....my sister goes to SA often for meetings....I have spent so many vacations and long weekends in SA....I feel very much at home there.

Good luck to your son...!!

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2006, 07:40:00 PM »

TCUMOM, we will not mention the old family business.  Someone might drop on some of the family who still live there  Laughing

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »

TCUMOM, we will not mention the old family business.  Someone might drop on some of the family who still live there  Laughing

Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 08:54:24 AM »

Good morning friends..... Smile

Southern KY temps today.....75 - 95 degrees and sunny.....sometimes I think about where I would like to live when I retire.....I always thought the southeast or southwest....but I'm watching those temperatures....
over 100 seems to be too high for any summer fun.....

Anybody have any ideas about great places to retire....?

Mere

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 09:15:08 AM »

Southern KY temps today.....75 - 95 degrees and sunny.....sometimes I think about where I would like to live when I retire.....I always thought the southeast or southwest....but I'm watching those temperatures....

Mere

Well it's not New England!  I always dream of NC near the water ...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 10:15:55 AM »

I do love the southeast.....north and south carolina, georgia, alabama, mississippi, louisiana, arkansas, tennessee.....actually thought i would end up in gatlinburg, tn...until dollywood opened and the area became a real tourist spot....hard to drive through town in the summer and when the leaves are turning....did vacation there for many years.... Smile

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 01:46:22 PM »

Mere

Costa Rica?

Rachel Ray made some Greek inspired meatballs with a yogurt sauce on her show the other night and they looked quite tasty.

I am sure tha recipe is on Food TV Website.

Give em a try!

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 01:58:18 PM »

FM-

Rachel did her show from our area this week, sad thing is she only featured BBQ and southern cooking, when we have such a diverse number of truly good restaurants even continental. Sigh, I like her and her show, just disappointing she didn't feature some of the alternate non-native cuisines here.

That being said when searching for male comfort food recently I did try her meatloaf patties and they were both easy and moist and delicious, just didn't care for the gravy. I actually ate mine plain as a result.

MeMere-

I think the coast of NC around Wilmington is our best now, it also gets less impact from the hurricanes and condo pricing there is still equitable. Cape Hatteras and that area is lovely but has become quite pricey and also hit hard by storms since it juts out farther into the Atlantic nearer the gulf stream.

I also nearly took a job straight from college in Southport and Bald Head Island in natural disaster planning for the state, as they were moving to protect that natural resource. That area is even more rustic and is just lovely too, and only about 15 miles from Wilmington. Southport is still charming as a fishing village but they have some developments there that are very modern and attractive.

I continue to stand with the girl.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 03:05:41 PM »

Hey, None!  I've been thinkin' about those cookies ~ must be the art teacher in me (minus the transparent blouse ala Anita) ~ what if y'all did a theme like butterflies and *cute* caterpillers, or saguero and prickly pear cactus ...... okay, I'm obsessing too much ......just some thoughts  Smile
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 03:31:32 PM »

Hey None - My Fav southern thing to make is a Low Country boil a la Paula Dean's The Lady and Sons

Cept I add LOBSTER and clams!

I like to serve it on the patio on a table covered in newspaper!

We are Pagans!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 03:57:12 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Hey None - My Fav southern thing to make is a Low Country boil a la Paula Dean's The Lady and Sons

Cept I add LOBSTER and clams!

I like to serve it on the patio on a table covered in newspaper!

We are Pagans!

Call me a pagan too.....newspaper tablecloths, shrimp or crawfish, little red potatoes, fresh corn on cob, lots of crab boil......can't get those lobsters and clams.....Low Country Boil is my absolute fav.....

Don't you like Paula.....she makes me realize why I need to lose weight....just like New Orleans, she starts with a stick of butter....!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 04:00:27 PM »

Hey, None!  I've been thinkin' about those cookies ~ must be the art teacher in me (minus the transparent blouse ala Anita) ~ what if y'all did a theme like butterflies and *cute* caterpillers, or saguero and prickly pear cactus ...... okay, I'm obsessing too much ......just some thoughts  Smile

Been thinking about those cookies.....and I love art....mostly watercolor and pen and ink......

None.....do you make the cookie cutters yourself....?  With your local restaurants and young people going to school, I see a business....!

Also wanted to tell you that my daughter was born on the NC coast...I was only there for a year....loved the beaches..... Very Happy

flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 04:11:45 PM »

MeMere -

I saw a show that Paula did on low fat meals and she started one of the recipes with a stick of butter!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 04:13:42 PM »

None.....is this the meatloaf recipe you used....it is Rachel Ray's Meatloaf and Cauliflower......

http://tinyurl.com/s578s

I do love my family's meatloaf recipe....they were all good cooks....

FM....Costa Rica???

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.