March 28, 2024, 07:34:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Putin  (Read 11875 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 11, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »

I won't post any longer regarding candidates but I will post this. Be forewarned I felt this one coming with his response to France regarding the spy who was poisoned. Putin will take complete advantage of the division within our country, I remember predicting this in discussion with San online weeks ago.

So folks, the game just stepped up a notch, if you care about our country then don't vote for charisma, don't vote for domestic policy alone, don't vote for chemistry or even the party line - vote for competence to handle a possible global stand-off.

JMO, borrowing that from Anna, hope you don't mind.

I continue to stand with the girl.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 07:14:19 PM »

I absolutely hope everyone is paying attention!!! Putin is nothing more than a KGB thug....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:26:56 PM »

Yes he is.He is very,VERY bad man and a coldded killer.CAt

Live with hope,looking for justice
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:27:40 PM »

{{edit - removed by request of Cat}}

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 09:35:24 PM »

Nonesy wrote: So folks, the game just stepped up a notch, if you care about our country then don't vote for charisma, don't vote for domestic policy alone, don't vote for chemistry or even the party line - vote for competence to handle a possible global standoff.

I take that to mean "don't vote for Obama."

So, Nonesuche, can you name anyone who has the competence to handle a possible global standoff. I cannot think of anyone.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:44:58 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Nonesy wrote: So folks, the game just stepped up a notch, if you care about our country then don't vote for charisma, don't vote for domestic policy alone, don't vote for chemistry or even the party line - vote for competence to handle a possible global standoff.

I take that to mean "don't vote for Obama."

So, Nonesuche, can you name anyone who has the competence to handle a possible global standoff. I cannot think of anyone.

I'm not nonesy...

My vote will be based on the individual's stance and problem solving. If that candidate just happens to have charisma, etc., then so be it.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 09:59:26 PM »

I absolutely DO NOT THINK that NONE was implying anything about Obama or anyone's choices so far....

what I personally read was her saying to us  (paraphrasing what I read and understood here)

be damn, bloody damn sure that you know what and who you are voting for.... don't fall for the spin that we are all going to see and the political tricks of those running for office...

case in point - John Edwards plays the economic card and yet moved into a 28,000 square foot house... who lives like that???  What does he truly know or remember about making ends meet?
Please don't start in flaming me about this one too, it's just an example....

however, I do take what NONE says to heart... this is the battle for our freedoms and way of life.... not since WWII has it been so important that we focus ....

that my dear friends was all she said.... she did not tell anyone who to vote for..... nor did she slam any candiate in her post -

so please, if y'all want less rhetoric on this forum then how about not putting words in people's mouths?   I get so pissed off when I come in here to discuss what is a truly important time in all of our lives and I see a post about a statement that wasn't directed at anyone - which in this case was None's post...  

this is getting to the point where no one will even post... Anna, Tyler, NONE, etc are no longer in here... doesn't that say something? It does to me... .it's like if you don't agree that Obama is the absolute most wonderful canidate ever then you must leave this forum... and that is absolutely not true - I think he would be the worst thing to ever happend to this Country, hell, in my book, he may even make Carter look competent and that my friends is saying something... Carter was the WORST president ever..... it was during his presidency that the terrorist regimes began to rise into power aided by him.  

Unfortunately we have lived with sticking our head in the sand for far too long..... and now we are going to be paying the price in too many dear ways if we are not careful....

BTW, I am NOT trying to make anyone upset... I am just trying to say that if you want to say that we are all mean etc... then please don't upset posters by putting words in their mouths...

If I were NONE that would have felt like an attack to me.... and I am complaining about that only...

please think about it....

we are here to learn from each other  and help missing people when and where we can....

and by in fighting we are only taking the focus off of the issues.....

just my humble $.02

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 11:07:40 PM »

i went baack on this site to apologize for obscene comment about putin,and I guess I went to the wrong place.peace Monkeys,Peace.just vote,we had our civil war once.My family has only been good at war,priests and drinking.I am trying to avoid those right now,at least 2 of them.Putin is the mst dangerous leader in the world today..imo  cat

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 11:30:51 PM »

Quote from: "Cat"
i went baack on this site to apologize for obscene comment about putin,and I guess I went to the wrong place.peace Monkeys,Peace.just vote,we had our civil war once.My family has only been good at war,priests and drinking.I am trying to avoid those right now,at least 2 of them.Putin is the mst dangerous leader in the world today..imo  cat

That's okay, Cat. I did not understand it anyway.  Wink

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 12:05:59 AM »

Louise,

Honestly, I wasn't thinking of any one candidate, I am terrified that the alliances that can be formed now against us could be insurmountable. I am not even sure that any current candidate can do the job. Many also call Guilliani and Romney as charismatic, haven't you heard?

Please don't put words in my mouth, I would not do so to you.

Mrs is right though, in my experience in work and in my personal life, somehow I'm able to debate important topics and it not be perceived as a personal attack. It is sad that cannot happen here but again, I won't be debating candidates.

Respect would be nice however and a sincere thank you to Mrs for understanding what my post was all about. It is about how very important our votes are and how our life and liberty may well be on the line unlike we have ever seen in our lifetimes to date.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 12:20:19 AM »

Nonsey,

I can't believe I put words in your mouth too. I'm so sorry. It was not intentional.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 02:47:12 AM »

Nonsey,
I won't post, either, about specific candidates or much of anything else.  I am just not going to waste my time defending every word I say, not worth it.  There are far more constructive ways to spend my time than defending everything from my opinions, memory and even my avatar.  

But I did want to say that I agree with you completely.  Putin is becoming more bold all the time, having murdered most of his opponents and in very open and daring ways.  Polonium is not something we all just happen to have in our medicine cabinets!  That goes straight back to him and he knows it and is daring the world to do anything about it.

In my most humble opinion, only, of course.

But he is over the line already.  Far over it, for now he is carrying out assassinations outside his own country in Great Britain, no less.  Very bold.  He has given up any semblance of being our friend and I have to wonder why.  

Polonium is the least of what he has at his disposal, an entire nuclear arsenal that was supposed to have been destroyed but I fear we were very very lax in oversight of that.  He still has much of it and needs money.  Has he already sold nuclear weapons and technology to the terrorist?  We know Russians were all over Iraq leading up to the invasion while we fiddled around with the UN like the fools that we have been.  What were they up to there and what has Putin done that is causing him to behave in such a bellicose manner?

I hate to even think about it.  On the outside chance he hasn't already done the dirty deed (I personally think he has) is he trying to work up to it by taking a stance against us on smaller issues?  Trying to pick a fight so to speak?  

I noticed Gates said he would go to Moscow to talk.  I wanted to shout to him Don't Go!  They will poison you like all the others!  I do fear for his safety should he actually go there.   Something slow acting that won't take effect until he returns.  Yes, getting paranoid here but Vlad is not behaving rationally of late.

I wonder if history will call him Vlad the Poisoner, O/T just thinking out loud.

So in addition to the problems we already have, we have the Russians and French over in the corner whispering.   Never a good sign for they have always traded with our enemies every chance they got and made major bucks doing so.

Yes, as never before we will be tested in the coming years.  I do not personally know of a candidate up to the job nor any human being on the face of the earth for that matter.  Some problems are larger than any single person.

And what I see from our own so-called leaders and within our own borders is absolutely chilling.  So many of them are falling all over themselves to accommodate those vowing to kill us all.  Like you, I am very afraid for our children.  I fear their lives are going to be far different than ours have been.  We have no grown ups at home now it seems, just a lot of inflated egos.

"If you see a strong horse and a weak horse, everybody is going to like the strong horse."  Osama bin Ladin.

I only see weak horses.  And this frightens me.  I do pray that God will send us a strong horse.  

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 09:32:34 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
I won't post any longer regarding candidates but I will post this. Be forewarned I felt this one coming with his response to France regarding the spy who was poisoned. Putin will take complete advantage of the division within our country, I remember predicting this in discussion with San online weeks ago.

So folks, the game just stepped up a notch, if you care about our country then don't vote for charisma, don't vote for domestic policy alone, don't vote for chemistry or even the party line - vote for competence to handle a possible global stand-off.
JMO, borrowing that from Anna, hope you don't mind.

Amen NONE....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 09:33:30 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I absolutely DO NOT THINK that NONE was implying anything about Obama or anyone's choices so far....

what I personally read was her saying to us  (paraphrasing what I read and understood here)

be damn, bloody damn sure that you know what and who you are voting for.... don't fall for the spin that we are all going to see and the political tricks of those running for office...

case in point - John Edwards plays the economic card and yet moved into a 28,000 square foot house... who lives like that???  What does he truly know or remember about making ends meet?
Please don't start in flaming me about this one too, it's just an example....

however, I do take what NONE says to heart... this is the battle for our freedoms and way of life.... not since WWII has it been so important that we focus ....

that my dear friends was all she said.... she did not tell anyone who to vote for..... nor did she slam any candiate in her post -

so please, if y'all want less rhetoric on this forum then how about not putting words in people's mouths?   I get so pissed off when I come in here to discuss what is a truly important time in all of our lives and I see a post about a statement that wasn't directed at anyone - which in this case was None's post...  

this is getting to the point where no one will even post... Anna, Tyler, NONE, etc are no longer in here... doesn't that say something? It does to me... .it's like if you don't agree that Obama is the absolute most wonderful canidate ever then you must leave this forum... and that is absolutely not true - I think he would be the worst thing to ever happend to this Country, hell, in my book, he may even make Carter look competent and that my friends is saying something... Carter was the WORST president ever..... it was during his presidency that the terrorist regimes began to rise into power aided by him.  

Unfortunately we have lived with sticking our head in the sand for far too long..... and now we are going to be paying the price in too many dear ways if we are not careful....

BTW, I am NOT trying to make anyone upset... I am just trying to say that if you want to say that we are all mean etc... then please don't upset posters by putting words in their mouths...

If I were NONE that would have felt like an attack to me.... and I am complaining about that only...

please think about it....

we are here to learn from each other  and help missing people when and where we can....

and by in fighting we are only taking the focus off of the issues.....

just my humble $.02

BRAVO Mrs. Red!!  Bravo

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »

And yab vas marouska.Cat

?????   huh Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Nonsey,
I won't post, either, about specific candidates or much of anything else.  I am just not going to waste my time defending every word I say, not worth it.  There are far more constructive ways to spend my time than defending everything from my opinions, memory and even my avatar.  

But I did want to say that I agree with you completely.  Putin is becoming more bold all the time, having murdered most of his opponents and in very open and daring ways.  Polonium is not something we all just happen to have in our medicine cabinets!  That goes straight back to him and he knows it and is daring the world to do anything about it.

In my most humble opinion, only, of course.

But he is over the line already.  Far over it, for now he is carrying out assassinations outside his own country in Great Britain, no less.  Very bold.  He has given up any semblance of being our friend and I have to wonder why.  

Polonium is the least of what he has at his disposal, an entire nuclear arsenal that was supposed to have been destroyed but I fear we were very very lax in oversight of that.  He still has much of it and needs money.  Has he already sold nuclear weapons and technology to the terrorist?  We know Russians were all over Iraq leading up to the invasion while we fiddled around with the UN like the fools that we have been.  What were they up to there and what has Putin done that is causing him to behave in such a bellicose manner?

I hate to even think about it.  On the outside chance he hasn't already done the dirty deed (I personally think he has) is he trying to work up to it by taking a stance against us on smaller issues?  Trying to pick a fight so to speak?  

I noticed Gates said he would go to Moscow to talk.  I wanted to shout to him Don't Go!  They will poison you like all the others!  I do fear for his safety should he actually go there.   Something slow acting that won't take effect until he returns.  Yes, getting paranoid here but Vlad is not behaving rationally of late.

I wonder if history will call him Vlad the Poisoner, O/T just thinking out loud.

So in addition to the problems we already have, we have the Russians and French over in the corner whispering.   Never a good sign for they have always traded with our enemies every chance they got and made major bucks doing so.

Yes, as never before we will be tested in the coming years.  I do not personally know of a candidate up to the job nor any human being on the face of the earth for that matter.  Some problems are larger than any single person.

And what I see from our own so-called leaders and within our own borders is absolutely chilling.  So many of them are falling all over themselves to accommodate those vowing to kill us all.  Like you, I am very afraid for our children.  I fear their lives are going to be far different than ours have been.  We have no grown ups at home now it seems, just a lot of inflated egos.

"If you see a strong horse and a weak horse, everybody is going to like the strong horse."  Osama bin Ladin.

I only see weak horses.  And this frightens me.  I do pray that God will send us a strong horse.  

Anna

As always a strong thoughtful post Anna!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 06:02:45 PM »

Louise,

I am concerned that you cannot handle any examination of your candidate, if you have never genuinely worked in a campaign HQ in your area then I'd like to suggest you do that. They all welcome volunteers and it is a quite an eye-opening experience as well as an education.

Anna, thank you for your post, and for being 'up' on the current affairs and the history, I always learn something new from your posts.

Clinton played a big part in the russion oligarchs (the blue Mafia) rising to power, the oligarchs were and remain Putin's inner circle. It's a shame tyler isn't posting, she can contribute to a greater understanding of this too. I learned more regarding this months ago when Klaas and I were researching a russian reported to have a yacht in Aruba on the night Natalee disappeared. Go google Abramovich, he's quite active in the Caribbean, Joran and Paulus are big fans of his famous London soccer club. Fortune Magazine's russian office head had lunch with him once, he didn't live 24 hours to tell the story.

It's amazing what you can learn if you keep an open mind and do your research. I don't want to miss the forest for the trees, I don't think any of us can afford to. Putin enjoys being the 'bad boy' and is likely to get far worse quite quickly now.

And Louise, as for your references to Kennedy I will say he had been a military leader and served in war, I expect that helped him immensely regarding handling the Cuban missle crisis. Our world is also imminently more complex now as are the threats.

I'd place risk management at the top of my list for our next President.

Sunny, good to see you posting here. A balance of different opinions always makes for greater and more worthy debate.

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 07:07:06 PM »

Klass,you might want take my obscene post off,in case someone does understand it.The kgb shot a college mate and left him to die in the dirt.He did nothing wrong,he was in the correct place by treaty and he was gunned down.I have family members who lost legs to the soviets,but they got their share.Our word for russians is simple"the enemy"I will not and can not trust putin...and I won't.  a serious Cat

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 08:05:22 PM »

Klass,you might want take my obscene post off,in case someone does understand it.The kgb shot a college mate and left him to die in the dirt.He did nothing wrong,he was in the correct place by treaty and he was gunned down.I have family members who lost legs to the soviets,but they got their share.Our word for russians is simple"the enemy"I will not and can not trust putin...and I won't.  a serious Cat

CAt, you are right on with this one.
Old kGB man...never changed...opportunist just waiting for his chance to pounce...again.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »

Hi Nonesy,

I certainly can handle any and all examinations of my candidate. How can you assume I cannot?

I HAVE worked in a Campaign HQ for John Kerry, in person and online. I even hosted a fund rasing party. So I've already had the eye-opening experience and education of supporting a candidate.

So please know that I understand what I'm doing.

nonesuche wrote: Louise, I am concerned that you cannot handle any examination of your candidate, if you have never genuinely worked in a campaign HQ in your area then I'd like to suggest you do that. They all welcome volunteers and it is a quite an eye-opening experience as well as an education.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.