April 28, 2024, 06:19:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #24 8/25/10 -8/28/10  (Read 194741 times)
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #480 on: August 26, 2010, 10:48:59 PM »

...And, thanks, too, Klaas!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: August 26, 2010, 10:49:03 PM »

the thing with the mower is how much time it takes to cut size? field
with each mower, the one in vid less time, the zero turn more time

look at 33sec for daves mower in vid, i thought i saw a zero turn in the first
vid of dave and truck,fence, ect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIiDe5uib6c&feature=player_embedded

zero turn
http://www.scag.com/zeroturns.html

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/productImages/8/1/00000118681-ToroZ5000ZeroTurnRidingMower-large.jpeg

http://www.uncrate.com/men/images/2007/05/swisher-big-mow-zero-turn-mower.jpg

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #482 on: August 26, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »

I never post on IS anymore but read there once in a while.
Someone posted that one of the Portland news stations tweeted that the news conference has been changed to 'one on one' interviews.
I can't find anything to post a link.
I hope there is not beginning to be a disconnect between KH and DY.  I picked up (imo) what I thought was a bit of tension between them last time.....
Maybe someone can find a link to this info?

I have been amazed at how much they've stuck together under the circumstances of the past and what Kaine did to her.  She has been so graceful in all this, but I wonder if she somewhat blames him for the circumstance of bringing Terri into the picture.  I've admired how they have stuck together for the best interest for Kyron, but personally, I'd feel somewhat upset at him for the possibility of him bringing the most suspected person of the disappearence in lil Kyron's life.  I'd probably be more bitter than she has been showing.

Well, I know I've read other parents write this and I've written it myself but when I put myself in Desiree's shoes, if I REALLY thought that Terri had a hand it taking my dear, sweet little son?  Yeah, well suffice to say there wouldn't be a restraining order on the planet that would keep me off of her.  She WOULD talk.

That's the trouble though, we don't know what LE has told Desiree.  With my luck I would end up 'adjusting' an innocent person.

Oh I wish there was a better answer for all of this.  WHY can't people just be decent?

Do you ever think God watches us and just weeps in Heaven?
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #483 on: August 26, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

Someone posted that one of the Portland news stations tweeted that the news conference has been changed to 'one on one' interviews.
I hope there is not beginning to be a disconnect between KH and DY.  I picked up (imo) what I thought was a bit of tension between them last time.....

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Kaine-Horman-Desiree-Young-to-speak-Friday/9gkZaJScy02NSoneZwWZ5g.cspx

Kaine Horman, Desiree Young to speak Friday

Reported by: Koin Local 6 Web Team
Published: 9:22 am
Last Update: 7:02 pm

The parents of Kyron Horman, the missing 7-year-old Skyline student, will hold a press event Friday starting at 11 a.m.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young will speak about the boy’s upcoming birthday as well as latest developments in the case.

Individual interviews with local and national media members will be conducted. This is expected to take several hours. 

This comes just two days after a divorce proceeding appearance by Kyron’s stepmother, Terri Horman, who has been the focus of law enforcement, but has never been named a person of interest in the case.

Check with KOINLocal6.com throughout the day and watch the nightly news after NFL football.

I can't imagine having the strength for several hours ............how awful.  Yet, I know they are doing what they can to keep Kyron in the news.
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #484 on: August 26, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »

wondering ... will this ALL be televised or ... after a "presser" they have opened themselves to be interviewed by different news agencies ... hmmmm shall be interesting either way

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: August 26, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »

CW, I think my neighbor has that type of mower.  It pretty much swivels instead of turning.  This is ride-on country!  LOL! 

Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #486 on: August 26, 2010, 10:52:27 PM »

I ask this with the utmost of respect but I'm wondering if our moderator Klaas is related in any way to Polly Klaas?  I apologize in advance if this is a delicate subject.  You don't have to answer if it's uncomfortable.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #487 on: August 26, 2010, 10:52:57 PM »

I have been amazed at how much they've stuck together under the circumstances of the past and what Kaine did to her.  She has been so graceful in all this, but I wonder if she somewhat blames him for the circumstance of bringing Terri into the picture.  I've admired how they have stuck together for the best interest for Kyron, but personally, I'd feel somewhat upset at him for the possibility of him bringing the most suspected person of the disappearence in lil Kyron's life.  I'd probably be more bitter than she has been showing.

Well, I know I've read other parents write this and I've written it myself but when I put myself in Desiree's shoes, if I REALLY thought that Terri had a hand it taking my dear, sweet little son?  Yeah, well suffice to say there wouldn't be a restraining order on the planet that would keep me off of her.  She WOULD talk.

That's the trouble though, we don't know what LE has told Desiree.  With my luck I would end up 'adjusting' an innocent person.

Oh I wish there was a better answer for all of this.  WHY can't people just be decent?

Do you ever think God watches us and just weeps in Heaven?

No doubt!  I totally agree!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #488 on: August 26, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/Kaine-Horman-Desiree-Young-to-speak-Friday/9gkZaJScy02NSoneZwWZ5g.cspx

The parents of Kyron Horman, the missing 7-year-old Skyline student, will hold a press event Friday starting at 11 a.m.

Kaine Horman and Desiree Young will speak about the boy’s upcoming birthday as well as latest developments in the case.

Individual interviews with local and national media members will be conducted. This is expected to take several hours.

Thanks, Zippiddy!

It depends on how you read it and how you understand it.  It could be they mean that each of the news media outlets will have individual interviews with them instead of all the media together in one room shouting out their questions.  It is week 12 and I'm sure they didn't expect him to be missing from their lives this long.  Considering they have been working together to find a proper place in the neighborhood for Kyron's Wall of Hope I have to believe they are still supporting each other.  I also hope Tony will be there to support Desiree but he isn't mentioned. 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:22 PM »

I ask this with the utmost of respect but I'm wondering if our moderator Klaas is related in any way to Polly Klaas?  I apologize in advance if this is a delicate subject.  You don't have to answer if it's uncomfortable.

Nope
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #490 on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »

Well need to hit the monkey bunky, 'nother day of work, but it will be TGIF!

Good night, God Bless and sweet dreams!

Prayers for all the missing, the families and those who put there lives on hold to help!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:20 PM »

to set the record straight, dave prob had nothing to do with kyron missing
just weird he happens to resemble the perps description, and since we
no nothing, as far as true factual facts, IMO. he was worth looking at
although he is a city worker, and the attack was in a city park, not portland
though, who knows this is a weird case

thanks clay, i havent talked to them for a few months i think ill call em this wkd

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »

I posted an interesting tidbit in Jason's thread.  I don't know if that is the proper place for it, but you might want to check it out.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: August 26, 2010, 11:08:15 PM »

O/T Thank you Tolerance and Dihannah1 for sharing your stories with us.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #494 on: August 26, 2010, 11:10:04 PM »

No, Klaas isn't related to Polly Klaas.  And she's admin, not a moderator here at Scared Monkeys. (Which means among her many varied duties, she approves members, bans members and etc.) 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: August 26, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »

to set the record straight, dave prob had nothing to do with kyron missing
just weird he happens to resemble the perps description, and since we
no nothing, as far as true factual facts, IMO. he was worth looking at
although he is a city worker, and the attack was in a city park, not portland
though, who knows this is a weird case

thanks clay, i havent talked to them for a few months i think ill call em this wkd

Hey Cw!

The issue I have is Dave is a turf tech with the City of Portland. This makes me concerned weither or not he has had the backrouond check of someone who, let's say, works at the schools and has contact with kids.

To say "I think he does" doesn't count.

I ran his name, Stensen, David through the national sex offender registry:

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/OffenderSearchCriteria.aspx

And, was brought to a page where I had to click on a name, two choices, so I clicked on Stanson, David Michael.

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/ResultDetails.aspx?index=0&x=74F56E95-2EFF-45BD-8CFA-C5916D86C98D

It says he was incarcerated in 2009, in Texas, so I checked here:

http://www.myinmatelocator.com/Texas/Texas.html

He isn't in the system, so I imagine he's been released.

It looks like the last time he registered was in: 02/19/09.

This is what I got off a portland site:
http://www.portlandonline.com/

http://www.portlandonline.com/omf/index.cfm?c=28266&a=13710

City of Portland 30000080

Turf Maintenance Technician 1

Turf Maintenance Technician

FLSA Status: Covered

Bargaining Unit District Council of Trade Unions (DCTU)

General Summary

Positions in this broad class mow, care for and maintain turf and perform a variety of
related duties including fertilizing, turf renovation, aeration, top dressing, assessing turf
problems, and maintaining related equipment.

Turf Maintenance Technician - 30000080

Distinguishing Characteristics

The journey level of this class typically operates mowers, applies fertilizers and
herbicides, performs turf renovation, and operates and maintains a variety of
equipment. It is distinguished from the Utility Worker class by its specialized
focus on precision mowing and turf care in landscaped settings, as distinguished
from general mowing in diverse terrain, often with traffic exposures.

Typical Duties/Examples of Work

1. Operates a variety of commercial mowing equipment and related turf
equipment such as spreaders, lawn rollers, tractors and attachments in caring
for turf on a variety of terrain; drives equipment from site to site.

2. Maintains mowing equipment to conform to warranty and manufacturer
specifications.

3. Renovates turf at athletic fields and high-use areas.

4. Fertilizes turf and develops fertility programs for turf.

5. Identifies turf diseases and applies herbicides; calibrates application
equipment.

6. Operates equipment for large-scale leaf removal.

7. Performs winter overhaul and maintenance on equipment.

8. Performs a variety of turf care-related activities, such as digging and shoring
irrigation trenches for repair, and cleaning roof gutters of debris.

9. Identifies safety issues and problems in parks.
City of Portland 30000080
Turf Maintenance Technician 2

10. Performs related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: turf maintenance techniques, including mowing; equipment
maintenance techniques; landscape maintenance; irrigation systems; safe fertilizer
and herbicide application techniques

Ability to:

communicate effectively; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers and a diversity of others; work constructively in a
team; oversee and direct the work of temporary or seasonal workers

Skill in:

safe and effective application and operation of tools and equipment of
turf maintenance; safe and effective fertilizer and herbicide application

Special Requirements

Valid driver’s license; pesticide applicator license within six months following
appointment.

Classification History:

Adopted: 2-03-99:Class created as a result of DCTU Classification and
Compensation Study
1998-99.

This class is composed of the following classes:

1237 Mower Operator Adopted 01-20-81
Revised: 9-13-04: clarification to pesticide applicator licensure requirement
June 2009 - Change Job Class number from 1214 to 30000080, due to system
change.

Working Conditions

Work in this class is typically performed in a field environment. Incumbent is typically
required to negotiate rough terrain; to lift up to 100 pounds; to work outdoors in all
weather conditions; to be exposed to hazardous materials; to operate power tools and
equipment; to climb ladders and work in trenches; to drive equipment from site to site in
traffic on City streets.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
MonkeyFlower
Scared Monkey

« Reply #496 on: August 26, 2010, 11:25:03 PM »

Tamikosmom
Re: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 -
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 02:55:20 PM »
21. Can we have the list of law enforcement agencies that have assisted in the Kyron Horman investigation?

Sheriff's Office: Gresham Police, Fairview Police, Troutdale Police, Portland Police, Port of Portland Police, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County DA MCT, Multnomah County DA’s investigators, Washington County District Attorney’s Office, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Gladstone Police, Oregon City Police, Milwaukie Police, Canby Police, Lake Oswego Police, West Linn Police, Vancouver Police, Hillsboro Police, Beaverton Police, FBI, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, DOD Defense Criminal Investigative Services, Oregon DOJ, Oregon State Police. This list does not include search and rescue resources.

Just my opinion, but I do not believe Terri and Dede have all of these agencies fooled with all of the resources they possess. Just to have all of these agencies involved suggests a much larger situation than a school teacher and gardener. I don't give a hoot about the darn divorce. I want to know what is really going on here.

Can anyone find any other missing child's case where these agencies were all involved?

OOOOHHHHHH Peac!!! What a great idea.  I would love to know the answer to that question.  I'm wondering if everyone jumped in because he went missing from a school?  That in itself is a whole other issue.  If it was just Jo Blow's kid missing from the street all these people wouldn't be involved so I'm curious.  What does each agency handle?  I wish I was as smart as out brilliant Monkey researchers but I'm not.  Sorry I can't contribute more to each case so I'll have to rely on the expert Monkeys here!

Do you think that a larger involvment might be in connection with the landscaper - drugs in Oregon and druglords from Mexico (landscaper/Mexican connection)?

Maybe Terri was running her own little drug route that morning...and other mornings that some people didn't like her doing and they took revenge?

Puzzler Monkey

I think you should keep on typin' because I think you are on to something here. AND I quite likely  think there is even more, hence all the agencies and yes to the (aptly put) "landscaper aspect"

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #497 on: August 26, 2010, 11:25:56 PM »

Tolerance, your description brought me to tears!  Bless you!

It is amazing you chose that date, Wyks! 

Yah.  Especially cuz while off the top of my head it wasn't my first choice.  Was gonna say June 4th, then March something or other, then went to January, then figured what the heck I'll go back a few years too.  Guess it's kind of thrown me for a loop too, cuz I have been trying to 'fine-tune' some sensing abilities lately.  What say you, Clay?  (Fine time for my psychic mentor to go on a lil vacay, lol). 

I completely believe your sensing abilities, Wyks...........
True and honest and unbelievable
Brian's Date of Birth::::::: June 4, 1948.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #498 on: August 26, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »

Did anyone notice my BEAUTIFUL avatar made by Brandi????  She's just so talented!

Oh, Justa, you look beautiful! She does a fantastic job! She just did mine and I love it too!!!

Pf

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #499 on: August 26, 2010, 11:27:50 PM »

No, Klaas isn't related to Polly Klaas.  And she's admin, not a moderator here at Scared Monkeys. (Which means among her many varied duties, she approves members, bans members and etc.) 

Thank you for answering that.  It was selfish of me to even ask it actually.  I have just the absolute most respect for Marc Klaas.  I just think he's an amazing man and if he has anything to say, I'm listening.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.