April 28, 2024, 05:11:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #24 8/25/10 -8/28/10  (Read 194736 times)
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #640 on: August 27, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »

Put GPS devices on all children under 16 or 18 and put GPS devices on all convicted sexual predators. Alarms to go off if a predator and a child are within 10 feet of one another for over one minute.

Nope. Won't work. Alarms would be forever going off and someone would complain about noise pollution.
I like the idea, but instead of an audible alarm, how about the SO's get a shock?  The first shock is mild, if they don't move away, the second shock is worse, and then finally, a shock similar to a taser puts them on the ground. 

thumright as long as said shock was strategically placed on the correct part of the anatomy...

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: August 27, 2010, 11:46:26 AM »

Klaas - Can you please take a screen shot of this? 

http://www.tagged.com/profile.html?uid=5393922236

Now, why would TH Go to another social site when she was so active on FB? Notice who is on her friends list and also her last active date, 3 months ago. That would be May. Also she lists her hometown as Burlington, Or. WTH?

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #642 on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »

So TMH wore a skirt to court.  I'm now wondering with all the great technology we have is it possible there is some kind of monitoring device that is much smaller and attached to her somewhere else.  Imagine if in the future they could come up with an implant that could be removed later on but that the person themselves couldn't remove.  How great would that be.  They could put these in the bad guys and monitor them, locate they anytime they wanted.  A very small little GPS device that could in fact be tracked 24hrs a day.  That would be so awesome.  First sexual offense you get one injected and thereby always monitored the rest of your life.  

Ok another cup of coffee needed here.

<snipped for length and BBM>

I just suggested that to my DH last week. EXACTLY what needs to happen!!!

I am going to refrain from off color humor...I am...I really am...oh, what the Hell...Do we really want to know what they would be monitoring...sorry...I need more coffee too.

[/quote]

I am beginning to agree with the monkeys, she may be on restrictions. The device obscure to fit under her suit would be a watch.

A GPS "wristwatch" device monitors Alzheimer’s Patients.  If you are interested: the first row, third photo.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&q=GPS%20monitoring%20bracelet&tbs=isch:1

Did the Attn. negotiate a for a wrist watch monitoring device? 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #643 on: August 27, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/08/terri_horman_shows_for_divorce_4.html

Terri suit sleeves are down to her knuckles.  The sleeves are supposed to be at the end of your wrist.

This makes me wonder if she has a GPS wrist watch. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #644 on: August 27, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! This is a bit off topic, but it sort of relates. I am an avid reader of (mysteries of course) and read numerous books a month. I picked up a new one a few days ago and I cannot believe how much this book has made me think of the Kyron case. It is called "The Poet" and it is by Michael Connelly. It is fiction but the author was a crime reporter for the Los Angeles Police Department prior to writing novels. I have learned so much from this book. I think it is a must read for those who follow these cases. It speaks to pedophiles and how they operate and how they network. It gives lots of insights into how they think and function. It talks about cryptic messages, dates and circumstances that relate to the crime. The scariest thing for me is how these pedophiles network and how far up the chain can go. There are things that I would never have even thought about, that happen. For example, say you are at the beach with your toddler. You stick your toddler under the shower to get the sand off. If any sort of clothing is removed a pedophile can zero in with a camera from far away. Then the pedophile uploads and sends it to one of his "clients" on the internet for a fee. Ugh! Luckily, the author does not get graphic or I would not be able to read the book. It just gives you so much food for thought and I am now going to be watching public places where there are children, for single men with cameras.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #645 on: August 27, 2010, 12:12:28 PM »

Put GPS devices on all children under 16 or 18 and put GPS devices on all convicted sexual predators. Alarms to go off if a predator and a child are within 10 feet of one another for over one minute.

Nope. Won't work. Alarms would be forever going off and someone would complain about noise pollution.
I like the idea, but instead of an audible alarm, how about the SO's get a shock?  The first shock is mild, if they don't move away, the second shock is worse, and then finally, a shock similar to a taser puts them on the ground. 

Oh wow! You monkeys and monkettes are geniuses.

You know that a system like that is already available. It's used to shock dogs into staying in the yard.

Lovely thought, but it may violate the cruel and unusual.

Though... it would not be cruel and unusual if they stay where they are supposed to.

Very Happy
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: August 27, 2010, 12:17:03 PM »

The suit may mean she was wearing protection against a random bullet. She's been getting death threats, and all.

About it being too big, she was ordering size 2XXs on eBay. Maybe she carries her weight well.

Very Happy
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: August 27, 2010, 12:20:08 PM »

Does one have to sign up for Tagged.com to get to explore the webpage?

I'm afraid to get tons of spam if I sign up and give my email address... like it's happened to me in the past in other websites.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #648 on: August 27, 2010, 12:23:03 PM »

Does one have to sign up for Tagged.com to get to explore the webpage?

I'm afraid to get tons of spam if I sign up and give my email address... like it's happened to me in the past in other websites.

No, you don't have to be a member to view.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Labadorable
Scared Monkey

« Reply #649 on: August 27, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »

Just now on Twitter..cannot find this anywhere else....

ChatHouseCares It's confirmed the #Kyron Horman press conference is canceled - we are waiting to hear if the interviews will be streamed

http://twitter.com/ChatHouseCares
mediamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #650 on: August 27, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys! This is a bit off topic, but it sort of relates. I am an avid reader of (mysteries of course) and read numerous books a month. I picked up a new one a few days ago and I cannot believe how much this book has made me think of the Kyron case. It is called "The Poet" and it is by Michael Connelly. It is fiction but the author was a crime reporter for the Los Angeles Police Department prior to writing novels. I have learned so much from this book. I think it is a must read for those who follow these cases. It speaks to pedophiles and how they operate and how they network. It gives lots of insights into how they think and function. It talks about cryptic messages, dates and circumstances that relate to the crime. The scariest thing for me is how these pedophiles network and how far up the chain can go. There are things that I would never have even thought about, that happen. For example, say you are at the beach with your toddler. You stick your toddler under the shower to get the sand off. If any sort of clothing is removed a pedophile can zero in with a camera from far away. Then the pedophile uploads and sends it to one of his "clients" on the internet for a fee. Ugh! Luckily, the author does not get graphic or I would not be able to read the book. It just gives you so much food for thought and I am now going to be watching public places where there are children, for single men with cameras.

Sigh. Well, I'll put it on my must-read list. Thanks for the suggestion!

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light."

- Plato
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: August 27, 2010, 12:33:09 PM »

How wonderful it would be to print all your beautiful pictures and get them to Kaine and Desiree.  I hope they come here and see these.  I'm thinking how great it would be to present both of them with a photo book with these photos. 

You do such awesome work I am just amazed. 
What a wonderful thought!  Make an album of these works of art.  I find them comforting so I can't imagine Desiree and Kaine wouldn't.
Lovely .
Brandi, CBB, Klaas, Bearly, and those I haven't 'met' yet.........thank you for your tireless efforts in support of all who care.

This would be up to Brandi but maybe a photobook just for Kyrons photos that his parents could then go look at.  They could then look through them at their leisure and enjoy them. They are truly beautiful photos made with great care and love. 

Just my thoughts and once again would be up to Brandi. 

Brandi if you want to do this we could find a way to direct them to it.  Not sure how just yet but there has to be a way.

You are such an awesome, creative person.

I think this is a great idea!  I would be willing to donate to help towards the creation of photo books of Brandi's work for Kaine and Desiree!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #652 on: August 27, 2010, 12:50:29 PM »

Now that is an idea I could easily see, how about the 3rd shock puts them IN the ground

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: August 27, 2010, 12:53:06 PM »

Klaas, please check the Jason thread!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #654 on: August 27, 2010, 12:53:36 PM »

I read that one IIRC, MC is the author and isn't the detective working on his brother's case along with others? That is creepy after I read your post and correlation to the book

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #655 on: August 27, 2010, 12:54:51 PM »

I'm adding a link to the B.'s speculation. 

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/08/26/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-attorneys-call-her-a-suspect/comment-page-1/#comments

B.'s response to Comment 3 is where B. speculates on the House Arrest.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for the link! Very interesting though only speculation at the moment.  It does make sense to me that it is possible Terri is under house arrest.
[/quote]

I was actually questioning in my own brain why she would have the MCSCO there to protect her.  This makes way more sense to me. Afterall it isn't like the Deputies took her all the way back to Roseburg and guarded her from danger.  They seem to be there the same as if she was in chains and appearing.  Just without the chains.

Blink also commented on why would a Highly Paid Criminal Attorney attend a divorce proceeding that was only to schedule future dates for the actual cases.   

I sure hope we hear more soon on this case.  I also don't believe the article posted about the GJ having ended.  They didn't get an extension so they could finish it up the same week.

Of course all of this is JMO. 

Just wanted to quickly add that today is my last day before vacation...  Woo Hoo!

[/quote]

We heard that Terri was under death threats...could it be that the MCSCO were there as a sort of protection?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: August 27, 2010, 12:55:25 PM »

Brandi, how cute!  Love the grinning frog...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: August 27, 2010, 12:57:16 PM »

http://photos.oregonlive.com/4450/gallery/terri_horman_shows_for_divorce_hearing/slideshow/index.html

Check out this pic of Terri from yesterday, she looks mighty lumpy, think perhaps she was wearing some "protection"???
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #658 on: August 27, 2010, 01:02:52 PM »

http://photos.oregonlive.com/4450/gallery/terri_horman_shows_for_divorce_hearing/slideshow/index.html

Check out this pic of Terri from yesterday, she looks mighty lumpy, think perhaps she was wearing some "protection"???

Good eye! If you look at the one of her bending to get in the car, you can see there is bulk underneath that suit.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: August 27, 2010, 01:03:08 PM »

The suit may mean she was wearing protection against a random bullet. She's been getting death threats, and all.

About it being too big, she was ordering size 2XXs on eBay. Maybe she carries her weight well.

Very Happy

That's what I said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.