April 18, 2024, 07:27:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #24 8/25/10 -8/28/10  (Read 194186 times)
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: August 28, 2010, 12:23:07 AM »

Wow, lots to digest.  One of the most telling things for me was when Desiree said something to the effect that "Obviously she's angry" in referring to TH.

That was a jaw dropper for me.  I began to really wonder what Desiree was told by LE.

I just have so much empathy and respect for Desiree, you know by nature she doesn't come across as someone who would be confrontational or assertive and it must have taken a lot for her to get up there and make that statement today.  It was palpable that she was holding back, too bad she couldn't say what she REALLY wanted to say.

I have a lot of feeling for her, too, Justamama!  I hope she does read here, because she needs to know there are people out here who support her!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #941 on: August 28, 2010, 12:23:52 AM »

For those who know this...

... if Terri were to confess to everything she's done in privacy to her attorney... would the attorney then be obligated to reveal the location of the victim, if she were to tell it to him?

I'm curious about this too. snipped ...

Well, that is a good question. Normally no - the attorney has no duty to disclose if the person is not in current harm - for example if Kyron were dead, then no more harm can come to him and there is no duty to report what his client told him. If, on the other hand, Kyron was being held somewhere - I do believe he would have an ethical duty to report it because Kyron would be in harm;s way. Ethically, there is only a small set of times an attorney can disclose confidential information.

This is an EXTREMELY complex question that does not allow an "easy" answer.  It depends on what is contemplated by the phrase "duty to report."  The attorney client privilege protects confidential communications between the attorney and his/her client.  The only person that can waive the privilege is the client.  So an attorney can NEVER disclose such conversations to anyone without the client's consent. 

Now, the privilege only applies to the disclosure of the confidential communication.  It may NOT apply to the information itself.  Yes, it's splitting hairs.  But in some jurisdictions (and I don't know if Oregon is one or not), the lawyer is under a duty to disclose the FACT, but cannot disclose the source of the fact if the source is his/her client.

The other rule that is implicated is the rule that prohibits an attorney from allowing his/her client to lie under oath.  In other words, if an attorney is told by his/her client that he/she committed a crime, but the client wants to take the stand and falsely testify that he/she did not commit the crime, the attorney either (a) must counsel the client not to testify falsely, or, if the client insists on taking the stand (b) withdraw as counsel.

Finally, the attorney is also prohibited from "misleading" the jury.  The situation where a client confesses to his/her lawyer, but then mounts a defense, is a VERY hairy situation.  While the client is entitled to put the prosecution to its burden of proof, the defense lawyer cannot mount a defense that MISLEADS.  The best example I can give of this situation occurred in the Westerfield trial--I'm sure most remember that POS.  He's the guy that brutally raped and murdered Danielle VanDamm.  His defense lawyer treaded dangerously close to the unethical in the manner in which he handled Westerfield's defense.  Following the trial, it became clear that Westerfield confessed to his attorney and told him where Danielle's body was.  The attorney used that information to try to strike a deal with the prosecution to take the death penalty off the table. Essentially, his attorney said, "I've received information about where Danielle's body is.  I'll tell you if you take the death penalty off the table."  The prosecution refused, and Danielle's body was later found.  Nonetheless, the attorney mounted a vigorous defense and presented affirmative evidence based on forensic anthropology and forensic entomology that suggested his client did not kill the little girl.  Ethical charges were brought against him but, to the best of my recollection, he was cleared.

Thank you, theboyzmom and JessStar. Excellent explanations.

Yeah, I wore egg on my face and ate crow for several days once when I was absolutely sure that a lawyer is obligated to disclose where a body is if he knows it.  I was wrong.  I was SHOCKED that I was wrong because you would thing that if you are representing someone who has killed a child and the police are out looking for the child's body and YOU KNOW where that child is and you don't say anything that it would be obstruction of justice but it's not.

The example that was given me was an ethical example straight from some law page and that was nearly the identical example they used.

Now, I myself?  I simply couldn't even sleep with myself if I was a lawyer and represented someone who admitted he/she had killed a child and dumped the body and the police and the family were looking and I didn't step up.  Nope I wouldn't ever want a part in that but then money isn't a huge priority for me.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: August 28, 2010, 12:24:47 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/101688508.html?

Kaine and Desiree also spoke in great detail about Terri’s behavior.

“Speaking for myself, she was a great actress,” said Desiree. “I never knew she was unhappy in any way shape or form. But I didn’t live with her.”

But Kaine did and he said, “I thought I knew her the best, but apparently I didn’t, based on all the information that’s come out – things that she’s done, the way that she operates.

There’s a lot I don’t know.”

Didn't DY say that TH was sending her emails complaining about everything, including KH? I swear I read that. I'm so confused now. I'm not trying to nit-pick, I just don't know what to think when I hear someone say one thing then change gears and say something else. Am I the only one that remembers her saying that?

Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions
Published: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 10:30 PM
Updated: Monday, August 23, 2010, 12:41 PM

At the same time, Terri fired off long e-mails to Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, peppered with complaints.

"She was venting about the teacher and why she should have her job," Desiree said, "and she was venting about Kaine — everything."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Justamama
Scared Monkey

« Reply #943 on: August 28, 2010, 12:26:03 AM »

Wow, lots to digest.  One of the most telling things for me was when Desiree said something to the effect that "Obviously she's angry" in referring to TH.

That was a jaw dropper for me.  I began to really wonder what Desiree was told by LE.

I just have so much empathy and respect for Desiree, you know by nature she doesn't come across as someone who would be confrontational or assertive and it must have taken a lot for her to get up there and make that statement today.  It was palpable that she was holding back, too bad she couldn't say what she REALLY wanted to say.

I have a lot of feeling for her, too, Justamama!  I hope she does read here, because she needs to know there are people out here who support her!

YES!!  She sure does need to know that!!!  Kyron has a sweetness about him and I can sure see where he gets it.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #944 on: August 28, 2010, 12:27:38 AM »

If Desiree is an Admin at that site, that would be pretty slick, LOL!! She'd be privy to know who the real loonies are and the real names behind their handles.

Could it be that Desiree has hacked Terri's FB page? Way to go!
 Monkey Devil!

pfaubush
Scared Monkey

« Reply #945 on: August 28, 2010, 12:31:25 AM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/101688508.html?

Kaine and Desiree also spoke in great detail about Terri’s behavior.

“Speaking for myself, she was a great actress,” said Desiree. “I never knew she was unhappy in any way shape or form. But I didn’t live with her.”

But Kaine did and he said, “I thought I knew her the best, but apparently I didn’t, based on all the information that’s come out – things that she’s done, the way that she operates.

There’s a lot I don’t know.”

Didn't DY say that TH was sending her emails complaining about everything, including KH? I swear I read that. I'm so confused now. I'm not trying to nit-pick, I just don't know what to think when I hear someone say one thing then change gears and say something else. Am I the only one that remembers her saying that?

Terri Moulton Horman: Kyron Horman's stepmother is a profile in contradictions
Published: Thursday, August 19, 2010, 10:30 PM
Updated: Monday, August 23, 2010, 12:41 PM

At the same time, Terri fired off long e-mails to Kyron's mother, Desiree Young, peppered with complaints.

"She was venting about the teacher and why she should have her job," Desiree said, "and she was venting about Kaine — everything."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

Thank you! I couldn't find it anywhere. You're an awesome possum...er...monkey!

How can a human being start out as an innocent baby and turn into a monster that would harm an innocent baby?
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2010, 12:33:52 AM »

Pfaubush - that is sad.

Desiree on Facebook. Unfortunately Desiree doesn't have a leg to stand on within what they say on Facebook. Everything that is put upon Facebook is under the Rights of Facebook. 

That is why, and I have said several times here .. Me no likey facebook.  Its soo huge, its not monitored .. it has billions of members, nationally and internationally. 

I hope that Desiree stops lurking or her attempts to squash those posting on FB - Her energy is needed in many other places. Kyron needs his MOM sane.

Maybe she reads here ?  an angelic monkey

She may not be able to stop their words, but was within her rights to have them remove her son's picture. It is sad what that page has allowed in the recent past...it gets worse...

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: August 28, 2010, 12:36:33 AM »

Kaine Horman & Desiree Young 8/27

http://www.kgw.com/video/featured-videos/Kaine-Horman--Desiree-Young-827-kyron-horman-missing-portland-101687513.html

Kaine Horman & Desiree Young 8/27 pt. 2

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/Kaine-Horman--Desiree-Young-827-pt-2-kyron-horman-missing-portland-101688128.html

Desiree Young says jail awaits uncooperative Terri Horman
by KGW.com Staff
kgw.com
Posted on August 27, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Updated today at 5:34 PM

BEAVERTON -- Desiree Young, the birth mother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, called reporters together to read an open letter to the boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, warning her she will "go to jail" if she doesn't cooperate with investigators.

More: Wall of Hope moving 8:30 a.m. Sunday

Young and the boy's birth father, Kaine Horman, have previously said they believe Terri Horman is involved in the boy's disappearance. Investigators have not called Terri Horman a suspect, but one of her attorneys admitted in court papers filed this week she is a "de facto suspect" after he disappeared June 4 from Skyline Elementary School.

VIDEO: Interview pt. 1 | Interview pt. 2

After the statement, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young  met with the press in a series of one-on-one interviews Friday to discuss the case.

The two said they planned to move the wall of hope from Skyline Elementary before school starts. They also planned to mark Kyron's September 9 birthday with rememberances.

Police have received more than 3,700 tips in the case, and the focus of their investigation has been on Kyron's step-mom Terri Horman, but she has not been named a suspect or person of interest in the case.

"It's difficult," Desiree said. "I have a challenge with the people putting their needs before his."

No one has been named as a suspect or person of interest in the case.

Teri Moulton Horman appreared at a court hearing on her and Kaine's divorce proceedings Wednesday. A judge determined she must reveal her attorney funding sources in a hearing set for the divorce on October 7.

Kaine said he wanted to speak out to "have something positive out there" in keeping the focus on Kyron.

The two declined to comment on any details from law enforcement.

"I feel like we're back in the first days of the investigation," Kaine said

http://www.kgw.com/home/Kyrons-parents-to-speak-Friday-101562878.html

Kaine's words tell me that investigators do not have evidence ... only hearsay ... that Terri was involved in a MFH plot against Kaine.  Kaine's words tell me that investigators do not have any evidence that disputes Terri's claim that she left Kyron at the school.

This would go a long way in explaining why Terri has not even been officially  declared a person of interest by investigators.

As always ... in my opinion.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: August 28, 2010, 12:37:06 AM »

If Desiree is an Admin at that site, that would be pretty slick, LOL!! She'd be privy to know who the real loonies are and the real names behind their handles.

Could it be that Desiree has hacked Terri's FB page? Way to go!
 Monkey Devil!

NO, she was asking ADMIN to remove the photo.  She is not an ADMIN of that site.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #949 on: August 28, 2010, 12:39:57 AM »

One thing I can say for Desiree - she sure knows how to compose herself in front of the camera.  I think if she was able to offer her true feelings it would be " incredibly ugly" but we would all stand up and say BRAVO .. she so wants to spill ..  but she cannot.
Desiree is the only person in this case that has not obtained a Lawyer - says a lot. Right there.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: August 28, 2010, 12:41:09 AM »

Shy-Monkey 
I hope that I didn't come off as a " I did it " therefore I am better than  ... 
Was not my intent at all - not at all.  It was not easy for me to " get out" was not a over niter. Was many months of planning and saving on my part.  And still had to endure what I was living within - I hope I didn't come across as " a smartie" because honestly the day I left I was scared. And I had no one's help = and no one knew but me and the Apt manager that had my money.  My daughter did not even know. That is how secret I had to be. Her being in the 3rd grade at the time.
Sometimes - You just do and have to fly by the seat of your banana - Monkey Power 

Deenie, I just want to say I admire you.  What you did took guts. 
I have been married for 30 plus years and been ever so blessed(ups and downs). I don't know if I would have the courage to leave as you did( I am a weenie afraid of the dark  ) had my circumstances been different. You sound like an awesome person...monkey

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: August 28, 2010, 12:44:39 AM »

One thing I can say for Desiree - she sure knows how to compose herself in front of the camera.  I think if she was able to offer her true feelings it would be " incredibly ugly" but we would all stand up and say BRAVO .. she so wants to spill ..  but she cannot.
Desiree is the only person in this case that has not obtained a Lawyer - says a lot. Right there.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: August 28, 2010, 12:45:39 AM »

Kyron Horman's mother, Desiree Young, says his stepmom Terri Moulton Horman risks jail
Published: Friday, August 27, 2010, 5:34 PM
Updated: Friday, August 27, 2010, 7:27 PM

BEAVERTON -- Kyron Horman's mother directed a new appeal on Friday at the boy's stepmother but this time her plea was pointed, warning Terri Moulton Horman that she could go to jail.

"The police will not stop until they find Kyron," Desiree Young said. "You will go to jail and whoever who has been helping you will have to talk or they will go to jail. I believe that you really want to make the right choice and bring Kyron home."

That statement, urging Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators, concluded a short news conference with Young and the Kyron's father Kaine Horman at a Beaverton hotel. With the investigation stretching into the 13th week and fliers of Kyron starting to come down, Young said that she and Kaine Horman were trying to keep Kyron's story alive in hopes that someone will spot him.

She said she and Kaine Horman still hope he will come home.

"We honestly believe that he's alive," Young said, "and that Terri had planned this for awhile and manipulated the situation to take Kyron."

Kaine Horman would not speculate on any possible motive. But Young accused Terri Horman of being filled with anger.

"Obviously, she's angry," Young said. "Whatever she's angry about, I don't know that we know that for sure, but anger is a motivator for people."

Now, though, Young said Terri Horman faces a choice that could color the rest of her life -- and her legacy.

"Terri, I feel like you are at a crossroads in your life," Young said in her statement. "Our lives present moments like these, and we're not always going to like what life gives us. We don't have much choice in that, but what we do have a choice in is what we do with these moments. What you are going to be remembered for is what you do with these choices and how you handle it."

Terri Horman, who has said nothing publicly since Kyron disappeared June 4, has been sequestered at her parent's home in Roseburg. Kaine Horman, who obtained a restraining order against her and custody of their infant daughter, Kiara, has filed for divorce.

He's questioned how she's paying for her high profile defense lawyer, Stephen Houze. In court documents, he quoted her as saying the payment was $350,000. Her divorce lawyer, Peter Bunch, said that amount was inaccurate.

On Friday, The Oregonian learned that Terri Horman's parents recently refinanced their home with a $165,450 mortgage, paying off the previous mortgage of $86,000. The deed of trust was filed Aug. 17 in Douglas County.

Neither Houze nor Terri Horman's parents could be reached for comment Friday about money.

Their daughter is believed to be the last person to have seen Kyron at Skyline School the morning of June 4.

Soon after he disappeared, a "Wall of Hope" festooned with balloons, cards and toys that blossomed on the fence outside the school. The tribute will be moved on Sunday, before classes start at Skyline School on Sept. 7, to the Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue site a few doors. 

Kyron's parents also plan a fundraiser next Wednesday at 12 Godfather's Pizza locations in the Portland area to benefit search efforts by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. Twenty-five percent of sales will go to the sheriff's office, along with proceeds from sales of bracelets and gift baskets.

But the biggest -- and most difficult -- date ahead is Sept. 9, Kyron's eighth birthday. His parents are planning community events in Medford and the Portland area.

"We're not giving up hope," Kaine Horman said. "He's not home yet and until he is we won't stop."

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_hormans_parents_plan_fun.html

Well, this could give us an insight as to where the money came from for Terri's defense.  Take a loan out for $165K+, pay off loan of $86K, leaves $79K+. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
5150monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #953 on: August 28, 2010, 12:47:04 AM »

I feel the need to wash the filth out of my mind.  The evil in this world is overwhelming sometimes.  I'm off to soak with some monkey vino and plans to convince myself driving to Roseburg is a BBBAAADDDDD idea.
 I wish DY, TY and KH peace, and pray they will have an answer soon.......

(Deenie- sorry for taking so long to answer you, 5150 is a Health & Welfare code used for mentally unstable people in California, thus naming myself crazymonkey! Wink   I have a background in LE in that state, tho am now a regular citizen in the great state of Oregon.) 

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: August 28, 2010, 12:50:55 AM »

Green eyes....you've got mail Re:FK
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #955 on: August 28, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »

Shy-Monkey 
Was not my intent at all - not at all.  It was not easy for me to " get out" was not a over niter. Was many months of planning and saving on my part.  And still had to endure what I was living within - I hope I didn't come across as " a smartie" because honestly the day I left I was scared. And I had no one's help = and no one knew but me and the Apt manager that had my money.  My daughter did not even know. That is how secret I had to be. Her being in the 3rd grade at the time.
Sometimes - You just do and have to fly by the seat of your banana - Monkey Power 

I have been married for 30 plus years and been ever so blessed(ups and downs). I don't know if I would have the courage to leave as you did( I am a weenie afraid of the dark  ) had my circumstances been different. You sound like an awesome person...monkey
Thank you Nana,  that is what I do not understand in cases like this - that it is shadowed by a failing relationship within the adults. Both KH/TH in this case being highly capable of providing for themselves with employment /housing living separate- being able to make things " salvageable" to some accord within Atty's Divorce ... Why ? did it come to this? Murder for Hire? even alleged ? that is some heavy stuff right there. What caused that bitter bitter hate for Terri to even think of this of Kaine?
Yah we have all been there, in saying " I hate You " but this is not a thought or a lashing of words - this is " I literally want you Dead" .. in my mind that is what it means.
Who in their right mind would want to go that far? that they thought of it in the first place or even had conversations with another to possibly make it happen for real ?   

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #956 on: August 28, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »

I feel the need to wash the filth out of my mind.  The evil in this world is overwhelming sometimes.  I'm off to soak with some monkey vino and plans to convince myself driving to Roseburg is a BBBAAADDDDD idea.
 I wish DY, TY and KH peace, and pray they will have an answer soon.......

(Deenie- sorry for taking so long to answer you, 5150 is a Health & Welfare code used for mentally unstable people in California, thus naming myself crazymonkey! Wink   I have a background in LE in that state, tho am now a regular citizen in the great state of Oregon.) 

ahhh I was hoping you weren't going to say that - But I understand.  Van Halen was noted as my Sr Class songs album 1984 " Jump" but I saw Van Halen in Concert for the 5150 tour. All is good thank you for replying - Welcome again    No your not Crazy - But your officially a Monkey 

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: August 28, 2010, 01:00:30 AM »

Shy-Monkey 

Thank you Nana,  that is what I do not understand in cases like this - that it is shadowed by a failing relationship within the adults. Both KH/TH in this case being highly capable of providing for themselves with employment /housing living separate- being able to make things " salvageable" to some accord within Atty's Divorce ... Why ? did it come to this? Murder for Hire? even alleged ? that is some heavy stuff right there. What caused that bitter bitter hate for Terri to even think of this of Kaine?
Yah we have all been there, in saying " I hate You " but this is not a thought or a lashing of words - this is " I literally want you Dead" .. in my mind that is what it means.
Who in their right mind would want to go that far? that they thought of it in the first place or even had conversations with another to possibly make it happen for real ?   

It is beyond my comprehension as well,    I guess they must NOT be in their right mind.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: August 28, 2010, 01:03:53 AM »

Shy-Monkey 

It is beyond my comprehension as well,    I guess they must NOT be in their right mind.

I guess they must NOT be in their right mind.   analyzed myself, haha

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: August 28, 2010, 01:05:10 AM »

Kyron Horman's mother, Desiree Young, says his stepmom Terri Moulton Horman risks jail
Published: Friday, August 27, 2010, 5:34 PM
Updated: Friday, August 27, 2010, 7:27 PM

BEAVERTON -- Kyron Horman's mother directed a new appeal on Friday at the boy's stepmother but this time her plea was pointed, warning Terri Moulton Horman that she could go to jail.

"The police will not stop until they find Kyron," Desiree Young said. "You will go to jail and whoever who has been helping you will have to talk or they will go to jail. I believe that you really want to make the right choice and bring Kyron home."

That statement, urging Terri Horman to cooperate with investigators, concluded a short news conference with Young and the Kyron's father Kaine Horman at a Beaverton hotel. With the investigation stretching into the 13th week and fliers of Kyron starting to come down, Young said that she and Kaine Horman were trying to keep Kyron's story alive in hopes that someone will spot him.

She said she and Kaine Horman still hope he will come home.

"We honestly believe that he's alive," Young said, "and that Terri had planned this for awhile and manipulated the situation to take Kyron."

Kaine Horman would not speculate on any possible motive. But Young accused Terri Horman of being filled with anger.

"Obviously, she's angry," Young said. "Whatever she's angry about, I don't know that we know that for sure, but anger is a motivator for people."

Now, though, Young said Terri Horman faces a choice that could color the rest of her life -- and her legacy.

"Terri, I feel like you are at a crossroads in your life," Young said in her statement. "Our lives present moments like these, and we're not always going to like what life gives us. We don't have much choice in that, but what we do have a choice in is what we do with these moments. What you are going to be remembered for is what you do with these choices and how you handle it."

Terri Horman, who has said nothing publicly since Kyron disappeared June 4, has been sequestered at her parent's home in Roseburg. Kaine Horman, who obtained a restraining order against her and custody of their infant daughter, Kiara, has filed for divorce.

He's questioned how she's paying for her high profile defense lawyer, Stephen Houze. In court documents, he quoted her as saying the payment was $350,000. Her divorce lawyer, Peter Bunch, said that amount was inaccurate.

On Friday, The Oregonian learned that Terri Horman's parents recently refinanced their home with a $165,450 mortgage, paying off the previous mortgage of $86,000. The deed of trust was filed Aug. 17 in Douglas County.

Neither Houze nor Terri Horman's parents could be reached for comment Friday about money.

Their daughter is believed to be the last person to have seen Kyron at Skyline School the morning of June 4.

Soon after he disappeared, a "Wall of Hope" festooned with balloons, cards and toys that blossomed on the fence outside the school. The tribute will be moved on Sunday, before classes start at Skyline School on Sept. 7, to the Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue site a few doors. 

Kyron's parents also plan a fundraiser next Wednesday at 12 Godfather's Pizza locations in the Portland area to benefit search efforts by the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. Twenty-five percent of sales will go to the sheriff's office, along with proceeds from sales of bracelets and gift baskets.

But the biggest -- and most difficult -- date ahead is Sept. 9, Kyron's eighth birthday. His parents are planning community events in Medford and the Portland area.

"We're not giving up hope," Kaine Horman said. "He's not home yet and until he is we won't stop."

<snipped>

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_hormans_parents_plan_fun.html

Well, this could give us an insight as to where the money came from for Terri's defense.  Take a loan out for $165K+, pay off loan of $86K, leaves $79K+. 

Yup! Could be the source of her lawyer money.

I don't believe for a second as she has claimed that she gave him a $350,000 retainer.

Probably more in the $35-50,000 range is my guess.

We'll find out not too long from now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.