May 28, 2024, 01:39:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily 16, Puyallup, WA-Last Seen 8/17/10 Disabled(Body Found)  (Read 10975 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 09:39:07 AM »

I always wondered what good a bullet proof vest does....when one could get a clear shot of the freaks head and blow his brains out Wink

Yup, pretty easy head shot......it sure would be hard for me to blame anyone who did it too.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 11:36:13 AM »

There has been a fund set up to cover the funeral expenses - donations can be made at any Columbian Bank branch - it is called "The Kimmie Daily Memorial Fund"
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »

There has been a fund set up to cover the funeral expenses - donations can be made at any Columbian Bank branch - it is called "The Kimmie Daily Memorial Fund"

Bolded by Me

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/crime/2010/08/24/memorial-fund-started-for-slain-south-hill-girl/
Memorial fund started for slain South Hill girl
August 24, 2010

A fund has been set up to help pay for the funeral expenses of Kimmie Daily, a 16-year-old South Hill girl whose body was found Monday night.

Donations can be made to the Kimmie Daily Memorial Fund at any Columbia Bank branch.

Kimmie was going to be a junior at Rogers High School and played basketball for the Special Olympics team.

The school's Varsity girls basketball team plans to donate all proceeds from their first game, including ticket sales and concessions, to the fund. They are also hoping to order new warm up jerseys with Kimmie's initials on them.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 07:42:57 PM »

This story has really gotten to me. This poor girl, she didn't deserve this at all. I just hope she went quickly and peacefully.
They sure captured a photo of him with a complete evil looking face, my goodness what a scary looking person he is. They need to just hang him

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/425695_murder25.html
Detectives: Murder motive may have been video game fantasy
August 25, 2010

TACOMA -- Detectives investigating the strangulation death of 16-year-old Kimmie Daily are trying to determine whether her accused killer might have been acting out a violent fantasy from Dungeons and Dragons.
The video game theory comes from something Tyler Savage himself said to investigators. He talked about playing a video game to cope with what he'd just done. Detectives now want to know if that game somehow became his point of reference on reality.

Magic and swordplay is present in the violent fantasy landscape that makes up the online game. Investigators said it's the game Savage played after raping and killing a mentally disabled neighbor.

Savage has confessed to the killings. He told detectives he saw Daily on her bicycle and convinced her to follow him into a vacant lot where he attacked and killed her.

"His criminal history went from 0 to 100 miles an hour with one crime," said Prosecutor Mark Lindquist.

A former classmate said Savage seemed like any other teen.

"I don't believe he went out onto the streets with the intention of killing somebody. He wasn't that kind of person," said Rusty Sebring. "I have no idea what his home life was like or what he could have possibly been going through at this time to have left him in such a mentally unstable state."

Savage's previously clean record has detectives wondering what set him off to allegedly murder a girl with mental disabilities. One theory is something Savage told them about: His passion for video games, and how they help him cope.

"The defendant admitted some kind of connection between the murder and the video game," Lindquist said. "I'm not clear at this point what exactly that connection is. The defendant himself said he went to play video games to forget."

Savage's defense attorney calls the video game connection pure speculation and a rush to judgment.

"What if there's a chemical or organic imbalance or something physically wrong, identifiably medically wrong with his brain that caused this to happen?" said defense attorney Jay Berneburg.

Detectives are working with an expert in sexually violent fantasies to explore the video game motive, but the true cause for this crime is still unknown. They aren't blaming a game for this violence, but they are trying to understand what triggered this murder and why.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20014783-504083.html
Candlelight Vigil Held for Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily, Slain Wash. Teen
August 26, 2010
Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily (Personal Photo)

PUYALLUP, Wash. (CBS/KIRO) Hundreds of supporters gathered for a candlelight vigil Tuesday night in memory of Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily, the developmentally-disabled Washington teenager who was brutally murdered and raped Aug. 17.
The vigil in Puyallup, southeast of Tacoma, took place less than 24 hours after the alleged killer led authorities to her body in a secluded, wooded area a half mile from her South Hill home, according to CBS affiliate KIRO.

According to officials, Kimmie was leaving a friend's house and was on her way to another friend's home when acquaintance Tyler Savage lured the 16-year-old to an isolated area, strangled and raped her.

Friends and neighbors offered their sympathy to grieving father Cecil Daily Tuesday evening. Mother of missing 11-year-old Lindsey Baum was also in attendance to console Kimmie's stricken family.

"I just wanted him to know that I'm here. That's all," said Melissa Baum, whose daughter went missing a year ago while walking home from a friends' home in McCleary, Wash.

Savage, 18, appeared in court Tuesday afternoon and pleaded not guilty to aggravated first-degree murder. If convicted he could face the death penalty.

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 09:17:38 PM »

August 25, 2010

TACOMA -- Detectives investigating the strangulation death of 16-year-old Kimmie Daily are trying to determine whether her accused killer might have been acting out a violent fantasy from Dungeons and Dragons.
The video game theory comes from something Tyler Savage himself said to investigators. He talked about playing a video game to cope with what he'd just done. Detectives now want to know if that game somehow became his point of reference on reality.

Magic and swordplay is present in the violent fantasy landscape that makes up the online game. Investigators said it's the game Savage played after raping and killing a mentally disabled neighbor.

Savage has confessed to the killings. He told detectives he saw Daily on her bicycle and convinced her to follow him into a vacant lot where he attacked and killed her.

"His criminal history went from 0 to 100 miles an hour with one crime," said Prosecutor Mark Lindquist.

"I don't believe he went out onto the streets with the intention of killing somebody. He wasn't that kind of person," said Rusty Sebring. "I have no idea what his home life was like or what he could have possibly been going through at this time to have left him in such a mentally unstable state."

Savage's previously clean record has detectives wondering what set him off to allegedly murder a girl with mental disabilities. One theory is something Savage told them about: His passion for video games, and how they help him cope.

"The defendant admitted some kind of connection between the murder and the video game," Lindquist said. "I'm not clear at this point what exactly that connection is. The defendant himself said he went to play video games to forget."

Savage's defense attorney calls the video game connection pure speculation and a rush to judgment.

"What if there's a chemical or organic imbalance or something physically wrong, identifiably medically wrong with his brain that caused this to happen?" said defense attorney Jay Berneburg.

Detectives are working with an expert in sexually violent fantasies to explore the video game motive, but the true cause for this crime is still unknown. They aren't blaming a game for this violence, but they are trying to understand what triggered this murder and why.

I wonder if this would be his response had it been his own daughter that was murdered?

Probably not! 

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »

August 25, 2010

I wonder if this would be his response had it been his own daughter that was murdered?

Probably not! 

I am SO SICK of the excuses.....I have had it.  I would give NO QUARTER to anyone murdering  a child......

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
sherip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »

Flowers for Kimmie

Maloney’s Flower shop is accepting donations towards
flower arrangements for Kimmie Daily’s Funeral on Wednesday

We are hoping to raise enough money for a beautiful casket spray.
Flowers are expensive so this way it doesn’t matter
if you can only donate $1.00 – it will still count!

Maloney’s Flower Shop
703 Meridian Street North
Puyallup, WA 98371
253-845-8858
800-883-6280
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »

It's kind of hard to believe the criminal history of an 18 yr old can go from "0 to 100 mph with one crime".  Perhaps one crime where he finally got caught, yet unlikely he just woke up one day and decided this was the day to rape/murder.  Am betting as they delve into his past, they'll see some/many of the signs that were there, which either got ignored or he was too out of control, etc.   

I don't like addictive online gaming, no I don't.  And as horrid as I believe many of them to be, causing all sorts of problems for an individual/family/society, there ARE still some who manage to play these games without resorting to mayhem in their offline lives.  Two of my sons, for example, both of whom manage to still be productive young adults in society, and etc.  The only thing society is at danger from with these two dudes is an occasional beer party. 

Yes, when a crime occurs, let LE consider the influence of online gaming, but I just wish they wouldn't jump to it as the only likely excuse for someone having done something as horrendous as this.   Am betting this guy has priors in his juvenile records, and/or at least, was a migraine for his parents while growing up. 

IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2010, 10:50:07 PM »

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington/Car-wash-for-Kimmie--101723768.html
'Car wash for Kimmie' held for family of slain girl
August 28, 2010

PUYALLUP, Wash. - Alicia Auditore had no idea what to expect when she quickly organized a car wash fundraiser for a Puyallup family.

"I started planning on Wednesday and here we are on Saturday ready to go," said Auditore.

Auditore felt compelled to organize the event for the Daily family.

Earlier this week, the body of 16-year-old Kimberly "Kimmie" Daily was found in a field near her home. An 18-year-old neighbor, Tyler Savage, led police to the body. Savage is now in jail facing aggravated murder charges.

"I do not know the Daily family, but I know they must need help, to have this loss and then pay for funeral expenses on top of that is hard," said Autiore.

With that thought, signs were made, a location picked at the Autozone on Puyallup's south hill and sponges, buckets and hoses were pulled out. Within the first hour at least a dozen cars came through. Some people stopped by with a check on their way to work, never even getting a car wash.

Pat Large, a Puyallup resident was one of the first in line.

"I'm a parent, and a teacher of special needs kids, I can't even imagine what her family is going through, and I hope this can help a little bit," she said.

A special fund has also been set up for the "Kimmie Daily Memorial Fund" you can donate at any branch of Columbia Bank.

A memorial service is scheduled for Wednesday at 11 a.m. at Calvary Community Church in Sumner.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2010, 10:53:28 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/28/1318289/events-planned-to-help-family.html
Events planned to help family memorialize slain South Hill girl
August 28, 2010

A number of events are being planned to raise money for the family of a 16-year-old South Hill girl who was found dead earlier this week, according to a Facebook page set up in her memory.

The body of Kimberly “Kimmie” Daily was found Monday night, nearly a week after she’d been reported missing. Pierce County prosecutors have charged an 18-year-old neighbor with aggravated first-degree murder in Daily’s death.

Daily’s memorial service is scheduled for 11 a.m. Wednesday at Calvary Community Church, 15116 Gary St., Sumner. A reception will follow. A graveside service will be held at Woodbine Cemetery in Puyallup.

Here’s the schedule of fundraisers:

• Autozone, 14123 Meridian E. in Puyallup, will host a car wash, car show and bake sale starting at 9 a.m. today . Proceeds will go to Daily’s family.

• Sparks Firehouse Deli, 621 Fifth St. S.W. in Puyallup, will donate 20 percent of its sales Sunday to help pay Daily’s funeral costs.

• The Flying Tomato Italian Grill, 10224 198th St. E. in Graham, is hosting a fundraiser from 11:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday. The restaurant will donate 20 percent of its sales to the Kimmie Daily Memorial Fund at Columbia Bank.

• Amici Italian Eatery, 9807 224th St. E. in Graham, is hosting a fundraiser Thursday from 5-8 p.m. Twenty percent of the restaurant’s sales will go to the memorial fund.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.