April 16, 2024, 10:14:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Announces Candicacy  (Read 6038 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 03:47:21 PM »

I am so very happy to learn that so many of you as well as Obama think Lincoln was our greatest president.

I also hope you will be as supportive of his policies and principles as well.

Lincoln's policy was to have treasonous federal lawmakers arrested and tried before military tribunals, and exiled or hanged if convicted.

Lincoln said that "Congressmen who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs who should be arrested, exiled or hanged." Lincoln "spoke forcefully of the need to arrest, convict and, if necessary, execute congressmen who by word or deed undermined the war effort."
Of course, Lincoln defined a "saboteur" as virtually anyone who disagreed with his politics and policies and subsequently ordered the military to arrest literally tens of thousands of Northern political opponents, including dozens of opposition newspaper editors.

Let the tribunals begin!!!

Murhahahahahaha!  Can I say hoisted by your own petard?  No, that wouldn't be nice but sometimes I do wonder if some of you really know your history all that well and also Obama.  Heard a joke that if he is going to follow Lincoln, does that mean he is going to invade the South and burn all our houses??

So this is the President that Obama hopes to most emulate or is it his idea of what he would like Lincoln to have been about?  That liberal "feeling" about what Lincoln stood for rather than the facts of the matter?  I think so unless he seem a lot of tribunals in his and our future.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 05:10:58 PM »

Also it seems to be lost that Lincoln was a Republican, btw... not a democrat.

I still haven't seen an answer to Mr. Howard's questions concerning Obama... I would like to know what the supporters of Obama think about that, or if it makes you think that he is even more qualified.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 06:07:28 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Mrs. Red,

Why are you so angry and what personal steps can I take to diffuse your anger.

With love,
Louise

Louise...why must you always assume someone is angry...and what in the hell makes you think if Mrs. Red was angry that you were the person to soothe her??   I read all of her statments here and see not a shred of anger..only data/information that she is trying to share with others  in an intelligent and informed manner. Please do not ASSume for Mrs. Red Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 06:13:04 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Justins and LV -

I hope to hell you two are right, but I sincerely doubt it.  I am not in favor of Obama based only on his race, the Church he attends or even whether or not he is Muslim.  Although - be it reactionary or not, I do not think a Muslim needs to be in our White House. NOT when the Muslim "religion of peace" so firmly espouses death to all infidels.

The larger problem I see with Obama is lack of experience.  He has only been a Senator for two years.. and I am going to entrust my life and liberty to that? No thanks.  I don't think being a Sentor for a couple of years prepares one to be President... and I don't think Obama can change anything in Washington. Hell, I don't think that change in Washington is even possible....

everyone blames Bush for the cutting of funds, the War, this that and everyother thing that is wrong in their lives.... but the fact of the matter is that the President can not cut funding alone or even go to war...

It's way to convenient how the media likes to act like everything from the coffee I spilled on my shirt during my drive to work to WWII is Bush's fault...

I am glad that you two have found your candidate... but explain to me how he is qualified to lead this Country based on what he has done.... what legislation bears his name?  what does he think about how to fix the problems???

Or is he just like everyone else without a plan that just loves to bitch???

I am completely excited about Rudy Gulliani and I will tell you it's because of all of the candiates, he gets what is at stake with the terrorists.... he gets it that we have to keep fighting the very thing that wants us all to die... and I think he is serious minded enough to handle the job.....

I don't particulary care for his abortion stance but if the damn politicians were honest they would tell you that abortion isn't even on the table, it is so hard to get law overturned... and imo, unfortunately that isn't one that is going to be touched. As for things like gay marriage - the very vocal liberal faction that speaks and feels like Rosie O Donnell had really better hope that the terrorists are contained and not here... does she not know that homosexulaity is a punishable by death offense in that "religion of peace"?

Mrs. Red I completely agree with you...I see nothing in the young senator Obama's background that even begins to qualify him to lead this country....Charisma??  Is that what we need? I think not.  but we do need a seasoed individual who doesn't mouth off without thinking.  but that comes with EXPERIENCE.  What about leadership??  Rudy Gulliani has proven his abilities in the best and the worse of time...and he has charisma too...... Wink

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Well it really troubles me that you say read at his sites I have. I don't see a plan there.... how does one unite exactly?  

Also how is he going to unite us with other countries when Australia's Prime Minister has stated what he did?  I agree completely with Mr. Howard btw.

I have read his sites...HE HAS NO PLAN...only wishes... with no plan on how he is going to set out about achieving them. He is young and idealistic...but he is not qualified to be a leader of this country,,,,

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Where does it say I am threatened regarding Mrs. Red asking important and key questions.

And how did you become so rude?

RUDE!!!  RUDE!!!  the only person I see here that's rude is you and will you please stop it.....if you can't engage in an intelligent conversation without attacking...perhaps you should justr read....and learn .......you make the political thread a vey unpleasant place to come to....I will continue to come in spite of your unpleasant posts  to gather information so when the time comes I can make an informed and responsible vote

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.