April 22, 2024, 11:48:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The poor people of the world may be poor, but they are not stupid..."  (Read 1076 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 22, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »

"The poor people of the world may be poor, but they are not stupid. They are as capable as anyone in this room of doing multi-functional cost-benefit analysis to determine what is in their own self-interest."

So if we want to encourage more of those considering illegal immigration, all we have to do is lower the costs and increase the benefits. Conversely, if we want to discourage illegal immigration, we have to increase the costs and decrease the benefits. What we cannot do is lower the costs of illegal immigration through non-enforcement, and increase the benefits through amnesty or a liberal interpretation of the 14th Amendment, and then expect illegal immigration to go down.

Discussion of the genuine and complex legal issues surrounding the 14th Amendment should be encouraged and not arbitrarily cut off. Ultimately, we and our elected representatives must decide whether we want no numerical limits on immigration, i.e. open borders, or the alternative, enforcement of numerical limits as adopted by Congress. Pretending we have numerical limits, but not enforcing them, is not a viable policy.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/22/2972940/viewpoints-why-the-14th-amendment.html#ixzz0xMOwUwhq

Welfare should be for the needy, not the greedy.  The money has to come out of someone's pocket, and debt is destroying the future of our nation.

just my humble opinion

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.