March 29, 2024, 07:03:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 'Creative Destruction' of America  (Read 973 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 22, 2010, 03:00:19 PM »

"Creative Destruction" explained - no jobs for Americans, just debt.  No one can compete with the business advantage of 'slave like labor'.

"Ron Johnson’s ‘creative destruction’ of Wisconsin"

Johnson has staked out a particularly bizarre position on the question of whether U.S. economic and trade policies should be stacked against American workers -- especially in traditional manufacturing states such as Wisconsin.

Several weeks ago, Johnson claimed on Wisconsin Public Radio that “the fact of the matter is NAFTA and CAFTA have actually been successful for our economy.” The multimillionaire was then asked if it wasn’t true that Wisconsin businesses blamed free-trade deals “for hurting their business.”

That is, of course, the case -- as has been well documented by state and federal analyses of the impact of the trade agreements.

Confronted with reality, Johnson adopted the belligerent approach of the ideologue who says “don’t confuse me with the facts.”

“Well, in a free-market capitalist system, there are always winners and losers,” preached Johnson. “It’s creative destruction. That just happens. It’s unfortunate. But let’s face it, if it weren’t for that we’d still have buggy whip companies.”

It does not bother Johnson that the people he describes as “losers” are Wisconsin workers.

It does not bother Johnson that the “creative destruction” he so readily accepts is the collapse of industry in Wisconsin, a state that has lost three of its largest auto and auto-parts plants in recent years as production moved to Mexico and China.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/column/john_nichols/article_eedb3d67-bad6-500a-90b5-b89ab7606480.html

It seems odd that our nation's politicians and beaurocrats continue to impose all kinds of burdens on the working class and American business.  When it comes to imports, there are no such expectations.

I believe that everyone should have the opportunity to earn a fair wage.  If fair wages come with benefits, taxes, and welfare systems, American entrapeneurs should not be put at a global disadvantage. 

For some reason, advantages and stimulus money continues to go to foreigners.

No jobs for Americans.  Creating greater numbers of jobless people, those on the books and off, seems to be the goal of the Obama administration.

When will his goal be complete?  When American joblessness is at 50%?  75%? 

When Americans are without hope?

Who will bring hope to Americans struggling with the loss of jobs and houses?

For some reason, all the stimulus/TARP and other bailouts seem to favor big banks and foreign interests. 

I think that all that money sent to AIG, Europe, banks, car companies and the like would have been better spent paying off every mortgage in America.  Start with the oldest/long time residents of homes and work your way to the short term speculators.

Without a mortgage, how many could afford to live on a part time job?

No, the money went to save the financial system - how many on Main Street are still without hope?

At some point, the unemployment checks have to stop - at what point is there no global money to borrow?  What happens when the global loans sharks come to collect?

Who'll save us?  Illegal alien immigrants?  Undocumented workers?  Or, will they just pick up and leave for greener pastures?

The destruction is real, and seems to be the goal.  It's the anti-American administration hard at work destroying the most productive nation on earth.  Destroying hope for a better tomorrow for Americans.

When does it end?  When will hope return to America?  Common sense?  Prosperity?  Pro-American politicians?

Why doesn't 'free-trade' come with all the burden put on American business and workers?

Free trade isn't free, some has to pay for it...

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.