April 26, 2024, 10:21:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's 3 F's - Fannie, Freddie, and the Federal Reserve  (Read 989 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 23, 2010, 05:07:23 PM »

Obama inherited these problem children. 

I seem to recall over time that there were many accounting problems at Freddie/Fannie come to light after the Clinton era, and they involved Clinton appointees, including Rahm Emanuel.  Anyone go to jail?  Any fix?

I seem to recall over time, that Barney was sure that Freddie/Fannie were sound and that those that wanted to abolish/reform just didn't want poor people to have homes.

I listened to Barney on, 8-17 with Cavuto (from memory) say that Freddie/Fannie should be abolished and that he 'missed' the problems/collapse.  Why is that?

Why could Barney miss the problems at Freddie/Fannie for so many years?  What kind of advisers did he have?

Perhaps his advisers were from elitist universities with PH-D's?  Highly educated folks with little or no real world experience?  Academics?  People without visions, except to keep spending money, and increasing our global financial integration?

I recall that Barney said our integrated markets/financial networks made it easy for "us".  Who is us?  Wall Street?  Foreign interests?  Bankers?  The folks that wrote all the bad loans?  The Euro banks that got the backdoor AIG bailouts?

If Freddie/Fannie are bad because they are GSE's with a profit motive and stockholders, what about the Federal Reserve?

Any forensic audit of Freddie/Fannie?  Follow the money trail?

Who gets the Cap & Trade software bonus?
  Maybe taxpayers could keep that and make billions...oops!!!  I forgot, taxpayers just got to PAY to develop that software, heaven forbid they break even or make money or pay less for Cap & Trade!!!

What of the Federal Reserve?  It's books are closed to public scrutiny.  Anyone looking at what goes on at the Fed?  Who owns the stock?  Who benefits from all the secret wheeling and dealing?

Why isn't the Federal Reserve going away too? 

Here are some reasons -

Job rotation betweed the Fed, Treasury, Wall Street, big banks...
Secrets - no accountability, no transparency...
Who does the Fed really work for?  Foreign interests or Main Street?

Why don't all three go away?  Seems like Team Obama is forgetting one of the 3 F's and an important one for our future.

Why isn't Team Obama working to build better firewalls for taxpayers? 

Find a smarter team captain than Barney?  A smart person that saw the problems years ago and wanted to end them?

How will anything get better when the financial leadership has tunnel vision and refuses to acknowledge or find problems?

Maybe we need real people in financial leadership positions-NO MORE JOB ROTATION OR EDUCATIONAL ELITISTS!!!

Find smart people who will work for WE THE PEOPLE and not special interests.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.