April 23, 2024, 01:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Path to Citizenship - Purging the records of illegal aliens  (Read 3246 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:27 AM »

"Illegal Immigrant Manages to Vote In Election"

OOKEVILLE, Tenn. - It wasn't her election, but it's now Debbie Steidl's problem: the 6-year-old case of a Cookeville man, with zero documentation to prove U.S. citizenship, being allowed to vote and now working backward to be naturalized the legal way.

Asked if the man, whose identity Steidl would not reveal, should have voted that fateful election day in November 2004, she replied:  "No, because he's not a citizen of the U.S., and you have to be a citizen of the U.S. to vote!"

Debbie Steidl is Putnam County's administrator of elections, on the job just a year-and-a-half now. Steidl is refusing to keep quiet about the newly revealed case, she has notified, in writing homeland security; the TBI; office of the district attorney general; and the state election commission.

Her letter was prompted by this mystery man's return to her office right around primary election time last week, to offer a confession about his casting a ballot in '04, and now his quest to undo it. The immigrant, according to Steidl, came armed with a letter from the Department of Homeland Security, headquartered in Memphis. The letter instructed Steidl to 'purge' the man from the Putnam County voter registration rolls.

"If he doesn't get purged, he can't become a citizen," Steidl told NewsChannel 5, in an exclusive interview Tuesday afternoon.

She confirmed the man, by his own admission, had managed to get himself a social security number; two forms of identification, required to cast a ballot; he was able to register to vote, said Steidl; and he perjured himself, according to Steidl, admitting in writing that he was a U.S. citizen, before successfully voting six years ago.

Steidl seemed frustrated by, not only the federal government's apparent willingness to assist this illegal immigrant, but by the election commission's inability to demand proof that anyone is a legal, U.S. citizen.

"He is being enabled," Steidl said. "And that's what bothered me more than anything!"

read more here - http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=13000987

With all the technology available to the state and federal governments, why aren't they rooting out all the illegals?  Identifying them and deporting?

Why does it seem that technology costs taxpayers a lot of money and creates massive debts, but doesn't work for "We The People"?  It seems to work for politicians and guarantee elections.

How many illegals are voting in November?  In Wisconsin all you need do is give a name, any name, and vote.  No need to show a government issued ID, little or no fact checking!

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 08:06:10 AM »

How many voter records are being purged in your state or community?

How many Social Security records are being purged/corrected?

How many criminal records?  Oops!  I forgot, they seem to ignore criminal activity by illegal aliens!!!  No record/prosecution unless you're a citizen or here legally!!!

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:29:28 AM »

In 2004 Illegal Alien Votes Illegally, in 2010 Feds Making Him A Citizen

In Cookeville, Tennessee we see a perfect example of all that is wrong in both our immigration and electoral systems.

In 2004, an illegal immigrant voted illegally in Tennessee's Putnam County. He showed false identification and a stolen Soc. Sec. number. But in 2010 the federal government is asking Tennessee officials to help smooth this illegal's way to citizenship by ignoring past crimes.

Putnam County administrator of elections Debbie Steidl seems pretty annoyed by the whole situation. This illegal immigrant even went to her and signed an affidavit admitting that he voted illegally but he also presented the election official with a letter from the Department of Homeland Security demanding that she purge his name from the 2004 voting records.

You see, unless his name is purged he cannot seek legal citizenship because he has this illegal act on his record.

The frustrated County official said this illegal immigrant, "is being enabled. And that's what bothered me more than anything!"

Naturally the court is siding with the illegal saying that his illegal act has exceeded the statute of limitations for vote fraud.

But here is the thing: it doesn't matter if the statute of limitations for vote fraud has been exceeded or not. No one is prosecuting him for vote fraud. The question being considered is if he should be allowed to become a citizen. The answer is no and the solution is immediate deportation of this long-time criminal, not coddling and a free pass to citizenship.

This incident shows a complete breakdown in our electoral system, our courts, and our immigration system as well as the Dept. of Homeland Security... not to mention common sense.

more here - http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2010/08/in-2004-illegal-alien-votes-illegally-in-2010-feds-making-him-a-citizen.html

Could their votes be deleted too?  How many illegals/fraud people voted in the 2008 election?

How many want citizenship? 

Did this man use his voter registration as proof of residence?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:29:53 AM »

Will we become a nation of immigrant criminals being enable by Obama?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 07:46:37 AM »

Why the hurry to sell off Freddie/Fannie?  Why aren't they using all that taxpayer/debt funded technology?

Running a few queries and finding fraud mortgages?  Maybe double check some Social Security numbers?  Were babies buying houses and working construction jobs?

All that taxpayer/debt funded technology, all those government backed mortgages...why isn't Team Obama rooting out fraud and theft?  Looking out for taxpayers, citizens, and those here legally?

Why aren't they looking for all those people using phoney/false/stolen Social Security numbers?  If the Social Security number belongs to a new born, why is it working a construction job?  If the SS# belongs to a dead person, why is it working a construction job?  If the SS# is getting earning reports for 20 people, why?

So much technology, so many government employees, so many politicians...why don't they work for the folks on Main Street?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 11:27:42 AM »

In a county where a single vote can make all the difference Steidl would like to see the system examined so that this cannot occur again. She says that she doesn’t blame the voter, but a system that defines a process for eliminating evidence of voter fraud.
Anyone who comes in with two forms of identification to show where they live and sign the affidavit may vote. “I have problems with that…but that’s the way it is.”
“It bothered me that the D.A. said there’s nothing he could do. And it bothers me that this individual signed an affidavit saying that he was a U.S. citizen….and then was asked a few years later to write a letter to Homeland Security stating the date that he learned he was not a citizen.   It just seems backwards.”   Said Steidl.

“This man, by his own admission, had gotten a social security number, two forms of i.d. and perjured himself in order to vote in a Presidential Election. That’s a felony. And yet, because the statute of limitations has run out I’m now supposed to purge his record so that he can pursue citizenship?” Stiedl seems incredulous and disturbed that Homeland Security would facilitate that process.

Many voters agree.   But it’s not yet clear whether voter dismay will lead to reformation in the systems and laws that govern the process.

http://www.ucdailynews.com/politics/Stiedls-Illegal-Voter-Situation-Stirs-National-Debate-101530893.html

Who's Social Security number did he use?  Will he get credit for any earnings under that Social Security number?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:16 AM »

As Matt Mayer vividly describes in a new Heritage Web Memo, the Obama administration is implementing a de facto amnesty that will allow the vast majority of illegal aliens to remain in the United States without being disturbed by the Department of Homeland Security or any attempts to deport them. We can now add one more general amnesty that the administration is apparently extending – no prosecution of illegal voting by noncitizens and a green light to becoming a citizen even if you have violated federal law.

FOX News is reporting that DHS was informed by the county elections administration in Putnam County, Tennessee, about an immigrant in the U.S. on a work visa who registered and voted in the 2004 election. This immigrant has now applied to become a citizen. The only interest that DHS seemed to have in this information from Putnam County was asking the immigrant to submit evidence that he has been removed from the voter rolls. The letter also asks the immigrant, in an amazing example of bureaucratic incompetence, to explain when he “discovered” that he was “not a United States Citizen.” This would be funny if it did not illustrate such a profound lack of common sense.

Let me try to provide some advice to DHS that they don’t seem to be getting from their in-house lawyers: registering and voting in elections when you are not a citizen is a felony under federal law. 18 U.S.C. § 1015(f) makes it illegal to claim you are a U.S. citizen in order to register to vote for any election, punishable by up to five years in prison; fraudulent registration and voting is also a felony under the National Voter Registration Act. 18 U.S.C. § 611 prohibits a noncitizen from voting in an election where there is a federal candidate on the ballot. False claims of citizenship in general are also felonies under federal law, 18 U.S.C. § 911, punishable by up to three years in prison. For more on this, see the Heritage paper The Threat of Non-Citizen Voting.

http://blog.heritage.org/2010/08/27/why-is-obama-letting-non-citizens-get-away-with-voting/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.