April 24, 2024, 10:12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #25 8/28/10 - 8/31/10  (Read 274407 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2010, 07:51:35 PM »

I like this photo of Kyron.

It seems like this one is of an older, more current photo of him.

According to Terri this photo was taken in May 2010.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8203.msg1181688#msg1181688
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #461 on: August 29, 2010, 07:57:09 PM »

Kyron's eyeglasses - they have that Tint coating on them. When he is in sunlight/bright light they go darker..
I know nothing about this, at all.
I have never had that on my glasses. I am sure Monkeys here have experienced that tint - either their own glasses or their childs.. When does it NOT react? like if Kyron was in class and working with bright lights or at home etc..would they go darker?  How does it work? that the glasses start changing ? how do they react say if you were in the dark, and a bright light hit you in the face ? would they go dark? making him not be able to see " Who/what was in front of him?
Since his eyeglasses were so an appendage of him. Or it has been said " He becomes scared if he cannot find his glasses/ not wearing them etc " ....he felt lost without them.

Sigh.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #462 on: August 29, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »

Other then the school science fair project pic, this is the most recent photo then.  He looks much more mature (?) in this photo.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #463 on: August 29, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »

It looks to me like he is wearing the CSI Shirt under his jacket in this photo.  He must have really liked that t-shirt. 

I still can't get over his fat upper lip in this photo.  also he doesn't look very happy to me in this picture.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #464 on: August 29, 2010, 08:08:22 PM »

As for the comment, my "stepmother is dead", I wonder what was said or done that Kyron caught?  I could imagine a child saying that if the wife let's say hit something with the car and the car was damaged and the husband would flip out or did something that was going to cost the family a bunch of money that again, the father would disapprove and there'd be issues.

Could Kyron have known something that Terri didn't want known?

Terri, from my viewpoint, had a decent life.  She had a nice house, a nice car, the usual issues between parents and step parents and visitation crap that many extended families have.  Her husband made enough where she didn't have to work, she could stay home and enjoy her children.  She volunteered at times, which was her chosen profession.

What happened?

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #465 on: August 29, 2010, 08:10:27 PM »

Postmedia News · Friday, Aug. 27, 2010

WHIDBEY ISLAND, Wash. — A human foot washed up on a Washington State island Friday morning — the ninth severed foot to be found on Pacific Northwest beaches since 2007.

A tourist found the foot while walking along a beach on the east side of Whidbey Island around 11:15 a.m., said Island County Det. Ed Wallace.http://www.nationalpost.com/news/Severed+foot+found+Washington+coast/3452537/story.html

scarey!
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2010, 08:10:34 PM »

It looks to me like he is wearing the CSI Shirt under his jacket in this photo.  He must have really liked that t-shirt. 

I still can't get over his fat upper lip in this photo.  also he doesn't look very happy to me in this picture.

Maybe he was making fart noises or something- kids do annoying things when they're bored and ready to go. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #467 on: August 29, 2010, 08:14:41 PM »

Other then the school science fair project pic, this is the most recent photo then.  He looks much more mature (?) in this photo.

All the photos in this album are more current, I believe:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066372&id=1264414625

TnMuse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »

Maybe he was making fart noises or something- kids do annoying things when they're bored and ready to go. 

I think this pix was posted earlier in the forum and someone said he was trying to make a monkey face...they were at the zoo i think.
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #469 on: August 29, 2010, 08:19:10 PM »

I am uploading this pic from:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=21591&id=125336750831264&comments#!/photo.php?pid=273460&id=125336750831264&comments
SORRY in advance if it turns out humungous on here 

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #470 on: August 29, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »

Sorry can't resist.  Do you mean like Donkey "Shrek" on the trip to the kingdom.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: August 29, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »

<snipped>
I think this pix was posted earlier in the forum and someone said he was trying to make a monkey face...they were at the zoo i think.

Yes, it is at the zoo. Here it is with the comment by Terri:

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: August 29, 2010, 08:23:14 PM »

Kyron's eyeglasses - they have that Tint coating on them. When he is in sunlight/bright light they go darker..
I have never had that on my glasses. I am sure Monkeys here have experienced that tint - either their own glasses or their childs.. When does it NOT react? like if Kyron was in class and working with bright lights or at home etc..would they go darker?  How does it work? that the glasses start changing ? how do they react say if you were in the dark, and a bright light hit you in the face ? would they go dark? making him not be able to see " Who/what was in front of him?
Since his eyeglasses were so an appendage of him. Or it has been said " He becomes scared if he cannot find his glasses/ not wearing them etc " ....he felt lost without them.

Sigh.

My eldest son started wearing eyeglasses at the age of 4.  He wore them always, except to sleep.  And he did this for years, until he got eye surgery to correct his vision.  

Youngest son (teenager) wears eyeglasses with the "tint".  It was difficult for him trying to keep up with sunglasses and his eyes are a very pale blue and he is sensitive to strong sunlight.   The glasses he wears are called "Transitions".

http://en-us.transitions.com/en/Pages/default.aspx

(Edit to add link-MB)
http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/question412.htm
This article may answer some of the questions you have about the lenses:

How can my glasses change from transparent, when I'm inside, to dark when I go outdoors?

Sunglasses or prescription eyeglasses that darken when exposed to the sun were first developed by Corning in the late 1960s and popularized by Transitions  in the 1990s. In fact, because of the extreme popularity of the Transitions brand, these lenses are usually referred to as transition lenses. The correct term for these glasses is photochromic or photochromatic, which refers to a specific chemical reaction the lenses have to ultraviolet (UV) radiation.

Photochromic lenses have millions of molecules of substances such as silver chloride or silver halide embedded in them. The molecules are transparent to visible light in the absence of UV light, which is normal for artificial lighting. But when exposed to UV rays, as in direct sunlight, the molecules undergo a chemical process that causes them to change shape. The new molecular structure absorbs portions of the visible light, causing the lenses to darken. The number of molecules that change shape varies with the intensity of the UV rays.

When you go indoors and out of the UV light, a different chemical reaction takes place. The absence of the UV radiation causes the molecules to "snap back" to their original shape, resulting in the loss of their light absorbing properties. In both directions, the entire process happens very rapidly.

In the original PhotoBrown and PhotoGrey products made by Corning, the lenses are made of glass, and the molecules are distributed evenly throughout the entire lens. The problem with this method was apparent in prescription glasses where different parts of the lens were of varying thickness. The thicker parts would appear darker than the thinner areas. But with the increasing popularity of plastic lenses, a new method has been developed. By immersing the lenses in a chemical bath, the photochromatic molecules are actually absorbed to a depth of about 150 microns into the plastic. This is much better than a simple coating, which would only be about 5 microns thick and would not provide enough molecules to make the lenses sufficiently dark. This plastic lens absorption process has been popularized by Transitions, the leading manufacturer of photochromic lenses.

An important note about photochromic lenses: because they react to UV light and not to visible light, there are circumstances under which the darkening will not occur. A perfect example of this is in your car. Because the windshield blocks out most UV light, photochromic lenses will not darken. For this reason, most sunglasses with photochromic lenses also have a certain amount of tint already applied to them.

Here are some useful links: (see links in article)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 08:25:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2010, 08:28:52 PM »

Desiree on Terri: 'She was not human to Kyron'
By KATU News and KATU.com Staff Story Published: Aug 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM PDT Story Updated: Aug 29, 2010 at 4:50 PM PDT

PORTLAND, Ore. – The biological parents of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman spoke heart-to-heart with KATU On Your Side Investigator Anna Canzano Friday.

In the nearly three months since her child disappeared, Desiree Young says she has been angriest when Kyron's stepmother Terri Horman – the woman last seen with the Skyline second grader  – is put in a positive light.

Of course, Terri Horman has not been charged or even named a person of interest in Kyron's disappearance. Still, Desiree Young discussed her frustration in a sit-down interview with Young and Kyron's biological father, Kaine Horman – as Kaine explained their hope for an iron-clad arrest.

"She was not human to Kyron," said Young in a frank exchange. "And I don't think we should humanize her in anyway."

Canzano asked Young to explain.

"Well, we're in this situation we're in, and Kyron's missing," said the birthmother from Medford, who shared at least one weekend a month with Kyron. "And [Terri] has put her feelings in front of his.

"She is not doing what's right, she's not coming forward, she's not talking about what she knows ... She's not doing any of that because she's concerned about Terri, and not Kyron," Young said. "That's just not the right way to be a good person."

Kaine says he knows the public is thirsting for an arrest after more than 12 weeks of searching, questioning, divorce drama and grand jury testimony. However, he said he has no frustration with the investigators.

"They have to make sure they can prove it, slap the cuffs on," Kaine Horman said. "So I'm not frustrated at all."

Kaine admits that the fact that there has been no arrest in what both he and Desiree believe to be a kidnapping case has been a "little disappointing."

However, "I'm glad they're thorough," Horman said. "[The investigators] are amazing people to make that case solid, so when it comes time to make an arrest there's no getting out of it. And that's what we want."

Even more, they want Kyron back. Anna Canzano asked what they think Kyron would say to them if he could speak out right now.

"Help me," Young said. "Take me home."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/101760078.html

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #474 on: August 29, 2010, 08:29:27 PM »

Is this that chick, we were discussing earlier?

Kyron's pictures, page 7, post #129 by Blonde.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: August 29, 2010, 08:30:03 PM »

Deenie- I really think Kyron didn't like being without his glasses because he just couldn't make out faces/forms and etc. without them.  I don't know what his vision was, but his glasses look pretty strong (thick).   I don't think it had anything to do with the tint on the glasses.  That's just what I think after being around my two sons with their vision problems, and the one that does wear transition lenses.  If you go to a place that sells eye wear, they often have a display that you can look at, and it shows regular lenses vs the transition lenses. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #476 on: August 29, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »

I have never had that on my glasses. I am sure Monkeys here have experienced that tint - either their own glasses or their childs.. When does it NOT react? like if Kyron was in class and working with bright lights or at home etc..would they go darker?  How does it work? that the glasses start changing ? how do they react say if you were in the dark, and a bright light hit you in the face ? would they go dark? making him not be able to see " Who/what was in front of him?

Sigh.

Transition lenses, there may be different tints or strength of the tint, they are more or less glasses/sunglasses so you can leave one pair on and not switch back and forth, easier then having two separate pair of glasses.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

How thorough are they when Harry Oakes is claiming his dogs are alerting to a death scent by the Horman property and no one is allowing him and his dogs access to the property......hmmm.

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »

Can any monkey tell me if DDS's brother (Rick Spicher) was looked at by the Monkeys? I just know I've missed somethings when the board was moving so fast. This is the one that owns a tree service I believe? I'm sort of wondering about this due to a comment I read on another site about him having a tree service and a mention of a wood chipper on the Germantown Rd on June 4th?  Can any monkey help me?  Just rumours?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2010, 08:40:07 PM »

How thorough are they when Harry Oakes is claiming his dogs are alerting to a death scent by the Horman property and no one is allowing him and his dogs access to the property......hmmm.

Personally, I trust what Kaine is saying before I'll trust what Harry is saying.  Harry and LE tend to butt heads.  We have no way of knowing what LE has told Kaine and Desiree about Harry.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.