April 24, 2024, 01:24:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #171 9/08/10 - 9/26/10  (Read 180697 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #180 on: September 12, 2010, 03:47:23 PM »

Sunny, the other day you asked me what I thought could cause a mistrial.....I was reading around and found this info where Mason, Ashton and JP were all on the same case, which ended in a mistrial.  The reason was because Ashton withheld a taped statement from a witness that was favorable to the defense.  Ashton didn't think it was important, but it was important enough to cause the mistrial.  The defendant eventually was found guilty of murder, but of course, justice for the victim was delayed due to this.  So just little things like this, one side doesn't think it has bearing on the case and the other side does.  This must be along the lines as to what JP was referring to at the last status hearing.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?p=14478933    Start reading at bluewaters post.

EDIT for corrections

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: September 12, 2010, 04:02:54 PM »

Hey, Monkeys...Looks like we're getting a doc dump soon!

Please think of me today, someone's coming to look at the house in, oh, 20 minutes!  I'm tired of cleaning, would much rather spend my time with you all!
Monkey hugs on a Sunday Afternoon....

Sure hope the people coming will fall in love with your home and make an offer on the spot!!

Yes we really need a document dump....badly!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: September 12, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »

Check out my new avatar Brandi made for me. Isn't she the greatest?  Thank you Brandi.

you look great...both CBB and Brandi make fabulous avatars for us.....both are so talented....we are fortunate they share their talent.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: September 12, 2010, 04:06:26 PM »

hattip to Muzikman @ WS

09/10/2010 Provision of discovery
1. CD-R - Discovery Documents Pages 22692-23416
2. CD-R - Messages from OPD Luke Phillips
3. CD-R - Copy of Phone Calls Received 10/15108
NOTE: The three (3) CDs provided to Jose Baez on September 3, 2010.

09/10/2010 STATE Notice of Taking Depositions
Date: Thursday, Sept 30, 2010
9 AM - Holly Gagne, Orlando FL
10 AM - Paul Kelley, Maitland FL
11 AM - Thomas Berning, Kissimmee FL
1 PM - Patrick King, Kissimmee FL
2 PM - Shimara Harris, Orlando FL

- Thomas Berning - found shallow grave w/stick and string on Suburban Dr.
- Holly Gagne - former neighbor and friend of Anthony family
- Paul Kelley - Anthony attorney and friend
- Patrick King - found shallow grave w/stick and string on Suburban Dr.

- Shimara Harris- I can't find anything on this person....does the name ring any bells with anyone??

For some reason, I think she was the woman who lived in that area who video taped those teens finding that evidence. It seems like that was her first name. I could be wrong though.

thanks Turbo....I was thinking she was another inmate....but that's jsut a guess on my part

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »

When all this stuff about Baez comes out I'm convinced that he's keeping Casey in the dark. Casey has no idea what she's up against because Baez is blowing smoke up her azz. But that's ok with me. He'll lose the case and it will be done.

What's the trial date?
Is it going to be televised?

I have felt from the beginning that was one of the reasons he wanted to keep her family particularly George away from KC. I think he is afraid they will tell him what a piece of crap lawyer he is. I have a feeling when it is all over and done and she is convicted we are going to witness an explosion in the courtroom of KC's rage and she is going to take them all down with her.

Can't you just imagine her telling that BOZO forced her into sex with him during all those long hours in his office and that Cindy and/or George killed Caylee and that she was TOLD to be quiet and they would get her out of this. Then when she tells that Lee helped her get rid of the body because he "loved" her so much the roof will blow off the courtroom.  I honestly think she would do it and even if parts of it are lies, she will destroy all of them in the end.

She will destroy them all.....and is well on her way...but no matter what she says, what lies she tells....the evidence still points to her and her alone killing Caylee....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »

Sunny, the other day you asked me what I thought could cause a mistrial.....I was reading around and found this info where Mason, Ashton and JP were all on the same case, which ended in a mistrial.  The reason was because Ashton withheld a taped statement from a witness that was favorable to the defense.  Ashton didn't think it was important, but it was important enough to cause the mistrial.  The defendant eventually was found guilty of murder, but of course, justice for the victim was delayed due to this.  So just little things like this, one sid doesn't think it has bearing on the case and the other does.  This must be along the lines as to what JP was referring to at the last status hearing.

http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?p=14478933    Start reading at bluewaters post.

thanks tupelo......hopefully Jeff Ashton has leaned a valuable lesson from this error in judgment, and will not repeat it in this case. I think it was indeed a reminder to JA from JP to not make another error

again I am taking the liberty of bringing this information to SM so we will have it....

hattip to bluwaters @ IS post #998 @ above link

Any more info on this would be interesting, thanks in advance to whomever finds anything.
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/sh...php?p=14085757
post #339

I have been looking for connections between Judge Perry and the attorneys in this case.
Re: The Huggins case
This is an example of what it takes for the state to carry out a death sentence.
Carla Larson was brutally murdered in 1997.
John Huggins, her killer, is still going through the court system.
Judge Perry has presided over the case from the beginning.
I do recall JP saying that one of the attorneys had another case on the front burner.
Ashton and Perry were dealing with this case last week!
John Huggins was accused of killing Carla Larson near Walt Disney World in June, 1998.

Larson Suspect Still Needs A Lawyer
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...s-mason-lawyer
A circuit judge appointed Orlando attorney Cheney Mason a few months ago to represent Huggins. But Mason withdrew Monday in a dispute with Orange County over legal fees.
He complained that the $50-an-hour rate the county has been paying lawyers in death penalty cases like Huggins' is ridiculous.
In response to Mason's complaints, Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry Jr. last week more than doubled the fee paid to attorneys in capital cases to $120 an hour.
Mason said the increase still isn't enough. As of the close of business Monday, Huggins remained in jail without a lawyer to represent him.
So, Mason did not represent Huggins.
Jeff Ashton prosecuted the case.
He withheld a taped statement from a witness which was favorable to the defense.
Huggins was found guilty and sentenced to death.
The witness contacted the defense with his information that Ashton had failed to disclose.
Judge Perry overturned the conviction and death sentence and ordered a new trial.

Defense Claims Frame-up, Wants New Trial In Carla Larson Killing
May 22, 1999
``I felt Mr. Ausley's statement ... was so un-credible it would not make his testimony remotely believable and even if believable, wouldn't prove anything,'' Ashton said to explain why he did not share the statement.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...huggins-larson

The Supreme Court of Florida upheld Perry's ruling for a new trial.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Huggins was found guilty in the second trial and Judge Perry again sentenced him to death in July, 2002.
July 2002 was also when the Florida Supreme Court halted executions after a landmark ruling by the US Supreme Court which cast doubt on the constitutionality of Florida's death penalty laws.
In 2004 Huggins appealed his conviction to the Florida Supreme Court, which rejected his appeal and upheld his sentence.

Tips line must turn over names in appeal
Death-row inmate John Huggins wants Crimeline to turn in anonymous tipsters.
May 24, 2006
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...huggins-larson
In a hearing appealing Huggins sentence, Judge Perry signed a subpoena ordering "Crimeline"
to turn over to the defense the names of any tipsters who had been paid for information.
Sound like TES much?

In Nov. 2006, Huggins competency came into question:
Judge to determine killer's competency
If the man who strangled Carla Larson is not stable, he could be sent to a hospital instead of death row.
November 26, 2006|
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-larson-family

Incompetence ruling leaves killer in limbo
A judge decides John Huggins can't help attorneys appeal his conviction for killing Carla Larson in 1997.
November 28, 2006
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...m-larson-carla

Judge to make ruling in '98 Larson slaying
October 16, 2009|By Sarah Lundy, Sentinel Staff Writer
A judge is considering whether death-row inmate John Huggins is competent enough to help in his legal appeal.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...s-sonja-larson

Judge: Killer able to continue appeal
October 21, 2009
A death-row inmate found guilty of killing an Orlando woman is competent to proceed with his legal appeal, Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry ruled Tuesday.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-larson-appeal

John Huggins: Killer has delusions about feds, mafia, psychologist says
John Huggins, 48, was convicted of killing Carla Larson in June 1997 near Walt Disney World.
July 15, 2010
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...son-mr-huggins

Death-row inmate refuses to leave cell for hearing
July 30, 2010
But Perry insisted that a hearing long scheduled for next month will go on regarding certain claims, while the question of Huggins' competence is still being decided. Perry plans to spell out which claims will be heard in an order soon to be released. Some of those claims involve ineffective counsel and prosecutorial misconduct.
Perry said "this case is mired in quicksand" and said he can't know for sure if Huggins is refusing to cooperate with his lawyers because he is delusional or because he is trying to delay the process.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ath-row-inmate

Judge sets Monday hearing for killer
The judge said Monday's hearing 'can go forward regardless of Mr. Huggins' competency status …"
August 20, 2010
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...y-carla-larson

Death-row inmate John Huggins declares himself competent
John Huggins, who killed Carla Larson in June 1997, has been fitted with a device that will deliver an electric shock if he gets out of control.
August 23, 2010
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ate-competence

Death row inmate John Huggins' hearing ends, closing latest chapter in 13-year-old murder case
John Huggins faces execution in 1997 killing of Carla Larson
August 26, 2010
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ath-row-inmate
Perry will consider the evidence presented during this week's hearing and rule whether Huggins should receive a new trial, get a new penalty phase or remain on death row. If he decides against Huggins, that decision may be appealed to the Florida Supreme Court.
Perry's decision is expected to come in four to eight weeks.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »

http://thejbmission.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/hail-to-judge-perry-and-the-innocence-project/
Hail to “Judge Perry” and the Innocence Project
Filed under: Casey Anthony, The Caylee Anthony Murder, TheJBmission by thejbmission — Leave a comment September 12, 2010

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
09/10/2010     Notice of Taking Deposition
09/10/2010     Notice of Provision of Supplemental Discovery

09/10/2010     Transaction Assessment      4.00
09/10/2010     Counter Payment  Receipt # CR-2010-56888  MEDIA  (4.00)

So is the jbmission really the Jose Baez mission, one of his alter egos? I don't think Judge Perry is going to be swayed by any amount of Bae-AZZ kissing by the defense.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2010, 05:11:21 PM »

a friend just sent me this....not sure where friend got it, but thought it was worth keeping an eye on....I don't twitter...whoever does...take it away!   

http://twitter.com/JimLichtenstein

#    In NY with Caylee Anthony's grandparents for exclusive interview on the Today Show. Watch Friday at 8:20am to see why I spend so much...     4:53 PM Aug 12th  via HootSuite

# In Orlando, read 2400 pages of Casey Anthony court docs. My reporter wrecked his car. "Today Show" story killed. Heading home early. JL out. 9:10 PM Aug 5th via web

In Casey Anthony court in Orlando. Packed courtroom. I think the bloggers have descended. Strange...     1:10 PM Jul 15th  via Twittelator  from Lake Eola Heights, Orlando   

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »

When all this stuff about Baez comes out I'm convinced that he's keeping Casey in the dark. Casey has no idea what she's up against because Baez is blowing smoke up her azz. But that's ok with me. He'll lose the case and it will be done.

What's the trial date?

I have felt from the beginning that was one of the reasons he wanted to keep her family particularly George away from KC. I think he is afraid they will tell him what a piece of crap lawyer he is. I have a feeling when it is all over and done and she is convicted we are going to witness an explosion in the courtroom of KC's rage and she is going to take them all down with her.

Can't you just imagine her telling that BOZO forced her into sex with him during all those long hours in his office and that Cindy and/or George killed Caylee and that she was TOLD to be quiet and they would get her out of this. Then when she tells that Lee helped her get rid of the body because he "loved" her so much the roof will blow off the courtroom.  I honestly think she would do it and even if parts of it are lies, she will destroy all of them in the end.

She will destroy them all.....and is well on her way...but no matter what she says, what lies she tells....the evidence still points to her and her alone killing Caylee....

I so agree with you. I do think that he was  doing the bump and grind with casey! while his wife  was home preparing  pot roast for his dinner he was busing   having  rump roast with casey!! I think we can say we havent seen it all yet until trial begans and let the stress began for baez and the anthonys.

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2010, 05:38:17 PM »

What's the trial date?

I so agree with you. I do think that he was  doing the bump and grind with casey! while his wife  was home preparing  pot roast for his dinner he was busing   having  rump roast with casey!! I think we can say we havent seen it all yet until trial begans and let the stress began for baez and the anthonys.

I am not going to go so far as to say I think they was any real hanky panky going on....but I do believe there was some sexual electricity going on....mental foreplay.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2010/09/chaney-mason-on-caylees-murder.html
Sunday, September 12, 2010
The Weakness of Chaney Mason and Jose Baez

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2010, 06:00:09 PM »

What's the trial date?

I am not going to go so far as to say I think they was any real hanky panky going on....but I do believe there was some sexual electricity going on....mental foreplay.....
Sexual electricity is Casey's game, it's all she knows, the only way she could get what she wanted from anybody, really. The girl was still flirting with LE even tho she had been busted in many of her lies at Universal Studios and when she turned herself in after the GJ indictment. Of course she threw it Baez's way, and I have no doubt there was sexual banter between the two of them, and yes caresses, (the jail house report) but I seriously doubt they did much more.  MOO

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2010, 06:22:26 PM »

What's the trial date?

Sexual electricity is Casey's game, it's all she knows, the only way she could get what she wanted from anybody, really. The girl was still flirting with LE even tho she had been busted in many of her lies at Universal Studios and when she turned herself in after the GJ indictment. Of course she threw it Baez's way, and I have no doubt there was sexual banter between the two of them, and yes caresses, (the jail house report) but I seriously doubt they did much more.  MOO
Lying, stealing and sexual electricity is all she knows should have been my first statement.  DOH

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »

[quote author=loca link=topic=8430.msg1227295#msg1227295

[/quote]

tupelo, I agree....she has used lies, flirting and her ability to be a chameleon to get what she wants....typical traits of a sociopath....oh yes, the 'innocent' hugs at the jail and the reported (not verified) licorice kiss...I too doubt it went farther than that, but also have no doubt that it would have if Kc thought it would benefit her...

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »

My DH and I have discussed this on several occassions....I have served on several juries on criminal cases..not murder...but felony cases..I really tried NOT to form an opinion of the defendant guilt or innocence based on their appearance or demeanor in the court room..and in one case it was really difficult...it was a violent rape case and the defendant rolled his tongue around his lips when he looked at the jury...and he did it often..he did it to the victim when she was on the stand....it was so vulgar and almost like he was raping her again and made my skin crawl and made me and others feel dirty....but it was even more difficult not to form an opinion of the attorneys in the case. The defense attorney had a slimy little grim most of the time especially when he was cross examining the victim. When he aked her how it felt I wanted to jump over the bar and slam the chit out of him. Of course the State objected...the attorney was cautioned by the judge.,..but he still said it.... BOZO reminds of this attorney. He will say and/or do anything no matter how low, how unacceptable it is...  The defendant was found guilty and I still know in my heart and soul that guilty was the correct decision....and we gave him 55 years and would have given him life had it been an option....the victim is serving a life sentence to be sure.   So my question is, what opinions do you think the jury will more than likely form regarding the various attorneys?

Mine:  BOZO = sleazy, slimeball, ill prepared and boring, he will have a difficult time holding anyone's attention, many will want to slap the grin off his face.
          BUFFOON = can't understand him and think he needs to retire, will be insulted by his good ole boy routine and his condesending way of speaking.
           LKB = she will be the most likable on the duhfense team, knowledgeable and passionate about her expertise
           JEFF = passionate, well spoken, knowledgeable and handsome (and I do believe a good looking attorney makes a good impression...people are more likely to look at an attractive person when that person speaks and is able to hold the attention of people for longer periods.)
           LDB = no nonsense, knowledgeable, passionate but less demonstrative than Jeff and again attractive, ( I would like to see her looking a little softer in her dress and a little stronger vocally...JMO)

I am sure there is more.... Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: September 12, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »

What's the trial date?

ok I Thought about what I said and came to the conclusion that it was all  flirty and maybe touchie but no actual contact! Sorry I guess I should have thought before I spoke but they just irk me sometimes and it was so talked about lol! I agree yall  didnt happen coulda happened,

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2010, 10:59:39 PM »

What's the trial date?

ok I Thought about what I said and came to the conclusion that it was all  flirty and maybe touchie but no actual contact! Sorry I guess I should have thought before I spoke but they just irk me sometimes and it was so talked about lol! I agree yall  didnt happen coulda happened,

forgive if this has been posted already.

http://www.cayleedaily.com/2010/09/casey-anthony-attorney-flip-flopping-having-fun/

Loca
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2010, 11:13:17 PM »

My DH and I have discussed this on several occassions....I have served on several juries on criminal cases..not murder...but felony cases..I really tried NOT to form an opinion of the defendant guilt or innocence based on their appearance or demeanor in the court room..and in one case it was really difficult...it was a violent rape case and the defendant rolled his tongue around his lips when he looked at the jury...and he did it often..he did it to the victim when she was on the stand....it was so vulgar and almost like he was raping her again and made my skin crawl and made me and others feel dirty....but it was even more difficult not to form an opinion of the attorneys in the case. The defense attorney had a slimy little grim most of the time especially when he was cross examining the victim. When he aked her how it felt I wanted to jump over the bar and slam the chit out of him. Of course the State objected...the attorney was cautioned by the judge.,..but he still said it.... BOZO reminds of this attorney. He will say and/or do anything no matter how low, how unacceptable it is...  The defendant was found guilty and I still know in my heart and soul that guilty was the correct decision....and we gave him 55 years and would have given him life had it been an option....the victim is serving a life sentence to be sure.   So my question is, what opinions do you think the jury will more than likely form regarding the various attorneys?

Mine:  BOZO = sleazy, slimeball, ill prepared and boring, he will have a difficult time holding anyone's attention, many will want to slap the grin off his face.
          BUFFOON = can't understand him and think he needs to retire, will be insulted by his good ole boy routine and his condesending way of speaking.
           LKB = she will be the most likable on the duhfense team, knowledgeable and passionate about her expertise
           JEFF = passionate, well spoken, knowledgeable and handsome (and I do believe a good looking attorney makes a good impression...people are more likely to look at an attractive person when that person speaks and is able to hold the attention of people for longer periods.)
           LDB = no nonsense, knowledgeable, passionate but less demonstrative than Jeff and again attractive, ( I would like to see her looking a little softer in her dress and a little stronger vocally...JMO)

I agree with your assessment above. But I think JA will need to watch his smirks too. They have been directed at the defense and well deserved but I don't think it will set well with the jurors.  I've never seen JA during a trial and he may not act that way at all, hearings are a whole different ball game. This is a trial for the murder of a child and there is no place for smirks or laughter. I expect to see the defense be very demeaning towards Tony, Jesse, Amy and possibly even George and Cindy, especially if they plan on throwing George under the bus.  Neither Baez or Mason will come off as professionals, they are grasping and well, we see what that is doing for them already, so I fully expect their demeanor to carry over to trial.   JMO

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: September 12, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »

I agree with your assessment above. But I think JA will need to watch his smirks too. They have been directed at the defense and well deserved but I don't think it will set well with the jurors.  I've never seen JA during a trial and he may not act that way at all, hearings are a whole different ball game. This is a trial for the murder of a child and there is no place for smirks or laughter. I expect to see the defense be very demeaning towards Tony, Jesse, Amy and possibly even George and Cindy, especially if they plan on throwing George under the bus.  Neither Baez or Mason will come off as professionals, they are grasping and well, we see what that is doing for them already, so I fully expect their demeanor to carry over to trial.   JMO

Tupel

I agree with you nasty is as nasty does and that is the defense team of baez and mason alias pete and repeat!

Loca
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2010, 12:01:30 AM »

Is there documentation that LE searched Amy's car which Casey was using for a week right before she was busted?  I know they checked out Tony's vehicle, just can't remember about Amy's.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.