May 28, 2024, 03:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #171 9/08/10 - 9/26/10  (Read 182368 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: September 15, 2010, 09:50:02 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/151290/Casey-Anthony-jury-in-for-tough-schedule
Casey Anthony jury in for tough schedule
By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:15 PM
Video StoriesThe hunt is on for jurors
ORLANDO -- 
When the Case Against Casey goes to trial, jurors will need to get comfy.

Judge Belvin Perry, the state and the defense will travel to another part of Florida and try to find enough people to fill the seats for six days a week, for quite possibly more than a month.

It's an ambitious goal that's never been done before in Florida.

"I think it's going to be significantly difficult to get people that are capable of doing that or that anybody would want to do that," said Cheney Mason, one of Anthony’s attorneys.

Trey Fischer is a senior trial consultant in Orlando. He said finding enough jurors will be difficult.

He also said the majority of jurors will likely be retirees.

“Retirees tend to have more conservative views of the case. In Florida, no matter where you are, [you're] going to get a lot of retirees,” Fischer said.

"Two months away from home and sequestered. No phone, no computer, no television, no contact with family, and not to work -- that's a tough deal," Mason said.

Fischer agrees it'll be a tough job for anyone.  He said having to sit in court for five long days and then Saturday too could be a double-edged sword.

"You're going to end with an unhappy jury panel. It could be an issue,” Fischer said.  “It's going to be lengthy and there are just some things you can't cut out."

It's not unusual for a case to last months, and is quite common in federal court.

However, when you combine high profile, death penalty and a sequestered out-of-town jury, the clock may just seem like it's sitting still in May.

Video Stories The hunt is on for jurors  http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/0915CAJurySelection_091520100522.flv

Amsing something? whats with baez and the crests!!  I seen at the caylee daily a front page pic of him in a navy blue polo  left side crest ?

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #581 on: September 15, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/151290/Casey-Anthony-jury-in-for-tough-schedule
Casey Anthony jury in for tough schedule
By Jacqueline Fell, Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:15 PM
Video StoriesThe hunt is on for jurors
ORLANDO -- 
When the Case Against Casey goes to trial, jurors will need to get comfy.

Judge Belvin Perry, the state and the defense will travel to another part of Florida and try to find enough people to fill the seats for six days a week, for quite possibly more than a month.

It's an ambitious goal that's never been done before in Florida.

"I think it's going to be significantly difficult to get people that are capable of doing that or that anybody would want to do that," said Cheney Mason, one of Anthony’s attorneys.

Trey Fischer is a senior trial consultant in Orlando. He said finding enough jurors will be difficult.

He also said the majority of jurors will likely be retirees.

“Retirees tend to have more conservative views of the case. In Florida, no matter where you are, [you're] going to get a lot of retirees,” Fischer said.

"Two months away from home and sequestered. No phone, no computer, no television, no contact with family, and not to work -- that's a tough deal," Mason said.

Fischer agrees it'll be a tough job for anyone.  He said having to sit in court for five long days and then Saturday too could be a double-edged sword.

"You're going to end with an unhappy jury panel. It could be an issue,” Fischer said.  “It's going to be lengthy and there are just some things you can't cut out."

It's not unusual for a case to last months, and is quite common in federal court.

However, when you combine high profile, death penalty and a sequestered out-of-town jury, the clock may just seem like it's sitting still in May.

Video Stories The hunt is on for jurors  http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/0915CAJurySelection_091520100522.flv

Amsing something? whats with baez and the crests!!  I seen at the caylee daily a front page pic of him in a navy blue polo  left side crest ?

OOPS sorry I meant to say am I missing something!!

Loca
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: September 15, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »

Hopefully they will have a couple young female jurors (18-20 y/o)......out of school for the summer. I do agree the jury will be comprised of middle to older aged women and men who are retired.

Persons over 70 yrs old can be excused.

I admit I was so nervous during Scott Peterson's trial, because they were sequestered, and we had ZERO knowledge of what they were thinking during that trial.

I know I would have found him guilty, but you just don't know if the others feel the same.
But after the sentencing and many of the jurors were interviewed extensively.....well I so excited because they saw Scott as the murdering monster he is.
It did give me back some of my faith in our judicial system.

I have to be positive and believe that the jurors for Casey's trial will hear the truth, and convict her for the killer she is....as the jurors did with Scott P.

Justice for Caylee!!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: September 15, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »

Hopefully they will have a couple young female jurors (18-20 y/o)......out of school for the summer. I do agree the jury will be comprised of middle to older aged women and men who are retired.

Persons over 70 yrs old can be excused.

I admit I was so nervous during Scott Peterson's trial, because they were sequestered, and we had ZERO knowledge of what they were thinking during that trial.

I know I would have found him guilty, but you just don't know if the others feel the same.
But after the sentencing and many of the jurors were interviewed extensively.....well I so excited because they saw Scott as the murdering monster he is.
It did give me back some of my faith in our judicial system.

I have to be positive and believe that the jurors for Casey's trial will hear the truth, and convict her for the killer she is....as the jurors did with Scott P.

Justice for Caylee!!!

Seem
I  have a sister that lives in modesto ca where the trial was held she said the court house steps were full of people on the day  he was found guilty!
I  know I was on pins and needles wondering  if he would get convicted. lets hope the same in caseys case.

Loca
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: September 15, 2010, 10:39:01 PM »

Ms Desdemona! Love your post on the K-9 dogs! ABSOLUTELY true.    And thanks for the piece on cutting the drywall out. I remember that too, but some posters are insistent that grave wax was found on that garage drywall and I don't ever remember reading about that in the docs. A BIG ^5 to you too!  I love your posts!   

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #585 on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »

So it is definitely set in stone that the jurors will come from outside of Orange County?  Then we will have to wait until right before the trial before we find out where they came from.  Hmmmmm.....is an angry juror who has been sequestered too long good for the State or the defense? lol JK

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #586 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:13 AM »

Did anyone answer Tupelo's question about whether there was confirmation that adipocere (grave wax) had been found on the Anthonys' garage wall?

I'm hunting around, but so far have only found this:

It is mentioned and sourced in a post from Wyks here at SM, way back in December of 2008, shortly after OCSO searched the Anthonys' home after Caylee's remains were found.

From Wyks's old post:

********* disclaimer -- UNCONFIRMED **********

"Cindy is most upset that cops tore into her house.
This is coming from a chat I visit.
One of our members has a sister who was in contact with Cindy today.
Cindy was telling what all the cops tore up in her house.
Dry wall in garage torn out.
Carpets and padding torn up.
Mattress cut into.
Most of this cutting was done in Casey's room.
Also, Sin-Sin DOES have a book deal, that's how the Ritz is getting paid.

source for above: a relative who spoke to a friend of Cindy's on Sat."

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4283.msg599644#msg599644
-------

Please note:  Even though it is sourced, Wyks acknowledged that it was not a reliable source.

I want to know more!

Okay what I do remember correctly in my notes was that the way was cut up in the garage but nothing to the effect if it was "grave wax" (I feel sick every time I see it let along have to type/say it) Poor Caylee...okay but what I also see in my notes is that there was a picture of the wall..I'm going to have to dig around if memory serves me correct it was around the time that Lee's stuff was sitting out by the road.
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #587 on: September 16, 2010, 04:43:18 AM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys and Guest!

I am still wondering what expertise this Sims woman has. She is a SS DISABILITY att. There is a difference in a medical expert and a disability att. I had to hire an att. to get my disability. I had to go Charlotte N.C. to go before a SS Administrative Judge for a hearing. There were no cross examinations involved. My att. probably didn't speak over maybe two simple questions to a vocational rehabiltation rep. furnished by SS. All he did for me was to get all of my medical records organized and fill out a new disability claim. The Judge asked me a few questions about my medical problems and my daily living needs. Then he said he would make a ruling on it within 30 days. This woman knows nothing about what they are calling "junk" science. This is about a murder, and forensic research and all the evidence . She is a fish out of water and will be made to look like a fool by the medical experts.
Course guess that is par for the course with this bunch of clowns.
Ms. Sims was born in Ky. and moved to Florida at 15 years of age. I know some of her background and work she has done in Ky. She helped many coal miners who were disabled by black lung disease and had been denied benefits primarily based upon the physicins' expert testimony . Some of these men could not walk 20 feet without the use of oxygen, yet SS and /or the insurance company would not classify them disabled. Her brother is a former prosecutor and judge and still practices law in Ky. A younger brother has Down's Syndrome. A look at her website is very revealing. Although not a physician, she knows the MMPI and catches things that others miss, even to the point of having the testimony of experts limited or disqualified all together. I believe her main task will be to get the Oak Ridge air testing evidence from Casey's car thrown out or limited. There is a deposition on her website if you have interest where you can read and see her in action. She is quite methodical and very thorough and I was impressed at her knowledge of neuropsychological testing. I am sad that she has signed on with this defense team. She has an excellent reputation (as far as lawyers go) and I can't picture her with Baez and company but I guess you never know what motivates people. Casey will be convicted easily without the Oak Ridge testimony IMO. 

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: September 16, 2010, 05:51:13 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/091510-anthony-depositions
Depositions continue in Anthony case
Updated: Thursday, 16 Sep 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 16 Sep 2010, 12:42 AM EDT

By Holly Bristow
FOX 35 News
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony's attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason arrived at the State Attorney's Office on Wednesday, prepared to grill Orange County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Jon Allen. Allen is one of the two lead investigations in their client's case.

"We go through the entire history. We want to know what they did and what they did not do, who they talked to, what people said and every time we do this we learn more and more things that's frankly beneficial to our case," said Mason.

Through depositions and the discovery process, Cheney Mason says the defense has learned that Sgt. John Allen secretly recorded some conversations with Casey Anthony's dad George.

"Is that legal?" asked FOX 35 reporter Holly Bristo. "It isn't for police to do it. You and I can't do it but if they're in an official investigation they can record whatever they want," Mason replied. "Would they need a special warrant," we asked. "No they do not," said Mason. "Can it be used it court?" "Yes it can," said Mason.

Mason says some of those conversations between Sgt. Allen and George Anthony took place in a car. "So far from what I've seen it could help the defense on several things. Some people made some candid comments they didn't' maybe intend to do that. But there they are. We'll have to see how they play out," said Mason. \

Prepared with a binder full of notes on Sgt. Allen, Mason says those conversations aren't all they're asking about. "His crucial role is probably more to deal with the credibility of other witnesses what they actually did or did not do or told him, may be contrary to his reports," said Mason.

Up next, in the Casey Anthony case, prosecutors and Casey's defense team are traveling to Knoxville, Tennessee next week to depose scientist from the Oak Ridge Laboratory. That's the lab that conducted tests on air samples collected from Casey Anthony's trunk that tested positive for the scent of human decomposition.

Right now it is unclear if results from this new form of science will be admissible in court. Casey Anthony's defense team says they plan on fighting to keep the Oak Ridge Lab's test results out of court.
<snipped>

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: September 16, 2010, 05:58:20 AM »

http://mhutch.blogspot.com/2010/09/casey-anthonys-attorney-concerned-about.html
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Casey Anthony's Attorney Concerned About Potential Jurors

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Casey Anthony;s Best Weapon-How She Could Get A Hung Jury
09/15/2010

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/
Sep. 14
National TV Host to Wed Local Attorney
Posted by eggtreenews in Casey Anthony Trial, Parody News, Space Eggs: Wondertwin Spacely's Column. Tagged: Casey Anthony, Caylee Anthony, jose baez, eggtreenews, geraldo rivera. 15 Comments

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: September 16, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »

What would happen if Casey got off?

I believe the next ones on her list, according to her web searches, were her parents.  If she continued her killing spree, when she got out, her parents would then be dead.  She will get arrested and then fried.

I believe Casey looks so guilty, that there is no jury in the world that will find her anything but guilty, no matter how many Jerry Springer look a likes Jose finds to defend her.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:43 AM »

What would happen if Casey got off?

I believe the next ones on her list, according to her web searches, were her parents.  If she continued her killing spree, when she got out, her parents would then be dead.  She will get arrested and then fried.

I believe Casey looks so guilty, that there is no jury in the world that will find her anything but guilty, no matter how many Jerry Springer look a likes Jose finds to defend her.

I agree!   

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #592 on: September 16, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »

Did anyone answer Tupelo's question about whether there was confirmation that adipocere (grave wax) had been found on the Anthonys' garage wall?

I'm hunting around, but so far have only found this:

It is mentioned and sourced in a post from Wyks here at SM, way back in December of 2008, shortly after OCSO searched the Anthonys' home after Caylee's remains were found.

From Wyks's old post:

********* disclaimer -- UNCONFIRMED **********

"Cindy is most upset that cops tore into her house.
This is coming from a chat I visit.
One of our members has a sister who was in contact with Cindy today.
Cindy was telling what all the cops tore up in her house.
Dry wall in garage torn out.
Carpets and padding torn up.
Mattress cut into.
Most of this cutting was done in Casey's room.
Also, Sin-Sin DOES have a book deal, that's how the Ritz is getting paid.

source for above: a relative who spoke to a friend of Cindy's on Sat."

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4283.msg599644#msg599644
-------

Please note:  Even though it is sourced, Wyks acknowledged that it was not a reliable source.

I want to know more!

Okay what I do remember correctly in my notes was that the way was cut up in the garage but nothing to the effect if it was "grave wax" (I feel sick every time I see it let along have to type/say it) Poor Caylee...okay but what I also see in my notes is that there was a picture of the wall..I'm going to have to dig around if memory serves me correct it was around the time that Lee's stuff was sitting out by the road.
Thanks Rowanvamp0!  I'll look around too, but I have a feeling this info is in media reports only and not in docs as of yet......which could be very telling if this is all true!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #593 on: September 16, 2010, 09:52:18 AM »

Below is the article that Caylee Daily has up in their article today.  I've never served on a jury so I know nothing, but these methods that Richard Gabriel uses almost seem like a brainwashing of sorts. Enacting a homicide for jury selection?  What happened to filling out a questionnaire, like the sample we saw the defense put out in one of their motions?  And I thought that was a bit much. So those of you who have served on a jury, please enlighten me.  TIA

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2007_Oct_8/ai_n21027549/

Decision Analysis and Renowned Trial Consultant Richard Gabriel's Jury Selection and Trial Strategy Key to Hung Jury in Spector Murder Trial
Business Wire, Oct 8, 2007

LOS ANGELES -- From the beginning, the case was overwhelmingly stacked against the defense. Five women testified that Phillip Spector threatened them with guns and his limousine driver testified that he heard Mr. Spector confess that "he thought he killed someone" shortly after the gunshot. Harriet Ryan for Court TV wrote, "In the eyes of many legal observers, the case prosecutors put on against Phil Spector was close to flawless." Joe Domanick from Los Angeles magazine said, "The Judge was determined to stack the deck against a man he clearly thought was guilty. He ruled against the defense on every occasion, allowing evidence that a more fair-minded judge would have excluded..."

Dateline NBC and other polls held before and during the trial showed almost 80% of the public believed Phillip Spector to be guilty. Out of the prospective jurors in the case, almost half had heard negative publicity about Mr. Spector or thought he was guilty without hearing any evidence.

Yet, when this seeming "slam dunk" case was given to the jury and they first voted, incredibly only four favored guilt, five acquittal and three were undecided. The next deadlock was 7-5, and even after the Judge gave an unprecedented instruction, the jury still refused to convict.

The difference in this trial, as well as countless other high profile cases including OJ Simpson, Heidi Fleiss, Enron Broadband and Whitewater, was Decision Analysis, a trial consulting company based in Los Angeles with offices in Chicago and San Francisco. Richard Gabriel, President of Decision Analysis and co-author of the book, Jury Selection: Strategy and Science, says, "To overcome the extreme amount of bias against the defendant in this case, we employed new methods of jury selection and trial communication techniques. These methods include statistical modeling, nonverbal micro-expressions, documentary film and journalism techniques, and resistance persuasion strategies. As a result of our research, we made a 180 degree change in the way the case was presented."

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #594 on: September 16, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »

Gizzie -  200,031 !!!     

Justice for Caylee!   

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:49 AM »

Linda Kenny Baden was just on TruTv, via the phone, and what I caught was her talking about evidence being withheld.  So she is still up and running and spreading reasonable doubt and mistruths.

I wish JP would haul every single one of these morons into court and tell them to shut their traps!

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: September 16, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »

hi Gizzie and thanks.....I love Valhall's posts!!!

Welcome! I love her - I think she's a her - posts too!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #597 on: September 16, 2010, 10:09:26 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/anthony_case/091510-anthony-depositions
Depositions continue in Anthony case
Updated: Thursday, 16 Sep 2010, 12:42 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 16 Sep 2010, 12:42 AM EDT

By Holly Bristow
FOX 35 News
ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Casey Anthony's attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason arrived at the State Attorney's Office on Wednesday, prepared to grill Orange County Sheriff's Office Sergeant Jon Allen. Allen is one of the two lead investigations in their client's case.

"We go through the entire history. We want to know what they did and what they did not do, who they talked to, what people said and every time we do this we learn more and more things that's frankly beneficial to our case," said Mason.

Through depositions and the discovery process, Cheney Mason says the defense has learned that Sgt. John Allen secretly recorded some conversations with Casey Anthony's dad George.

"Is that legal?" asked FOX 35 reporter Holly Bristo. "It isn't for police to do it. You and I can't do it but if they're in an official investigation they can record whatever they want," Mason replied. "Would they need a special warrant," we asked. "No they do not," said Mason. "Can it be used it court?" "Yes it can," said Mason.

Mason says some of those conversations between Sgt. Allen and George Anthony took place in a car. "So far from what I've seen it could help the defense on several things. Some people made some candid comments they didn't' maybe intend to do that. But there they are. We'll have to see how they play out," said Mason. \

Prepared with a binder full of notes on Sgt. Allen, Mason says those conversations aren't all they're asking about. "His crucial role is probably more to deal with the credibility of other witnesses what they actually did or did not do or told him, may be contrary to his reports," said Mason.

Up next, in the Casey Anthony case, prosecutors and Casey's defense team are traveling to Knoxville, Tennessee next week to depose scientist from the Oak Ridge Laboratory. That's the lab that conducted tests on air samples collected from Casey Anthony's trunk that tested positive for the scent of human decomposition.

Right now it is unclear if results from this new form of science will be admissible in court. Casey Anthony's defense team says they plan on fighting to keep the Oak Ridge Lab's test results out of court.
<snipped>

Trimm, thanks so much for all the updates! 

BBM   Sounds like dirty defense tactics to me.  Just sayin'.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: September 16, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »

If Casey was not guilty, even Jose (with the addition of a death penalty attorney) should be able to get her off.  Since he needs all of these lawyers vs the State's 2, I think it shows how much of a loser, even he thinks he is.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:28 AM »

Mason's comment about Yuri Melich was highly offensive, IMO.  By belittling Cpl. Melich's stated testimony that he smelled decomposition in the Pontiac's trunk -- and particularly by saying that Melich missed his calling, barely stopping short of calling him a DOG (i.e. "K-9") -- I believe Mason has hit a new low, even for him.  Yuri has more class and integrity in his toenail clippings than Mason will ever dream of.

Hey, Mason?  What do you call a dog that can accurately sniff out $$$$ to be made on the back of a murdered toddler?  A dog who lies to the public, backtracks on his former statements, bullies hard-working reporters, and thinks defending the slimeball who murdered a child is FUN?  Grrrrrr....

Okay then.  So, if an accurate nose for decomp equals sniffer-dog status, then I think I'll go ahead and assemble a new K-9 sniffer unit for Orange County. It will be no problem to assemble a whole team of dogs, as we have no shortage of sharp noses in this case.  Roll call:

Scent Dog 1K-9 Casey, who told Amy that "it smells like something died in my car," that maybe her "dad hit an animal while driving it," that "there was definitely part of an animal plastered to the frame of my car;" and told Lee that the stench was caused by "two dead squirrels that crawled up in the engine."  Casey mentioned not a word about pizza or trash when discussing the awful smell, nor did she leave it open to the imagination.  Nope, she specified dead, decomposing flesh.  Very accurate K-9 nose on this one.

Scent Dog 2K-9 George, a former LE officer, who said "You don't forget that smell, ever," and "Please, don't let this be my Caylee" as he prepared to open the trunk at the towyard. 
(Note:  K-9 George is accurate only when working independently.  Results must be verified if working with K-9 Cindy, who tends to distract him with suggestions of nonexistent pizza or nonexistent rotting garbage instead.)

Scent Dog 3K-9 Cindy, who excitedly uttered, "Jesus Christ, what died?" (per George), and "It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car!" 
(Note:  Though highly accurate at first sniff, K-9 Cindy's work must also be verified, as she later muddles her correct initial hits with lamentable follow-ups of:  "It was rotting pizza, it stunk so bad!" and, "It WAS the pizza, right, George? Right? George?" and also, "Umm.. I dunno.. Pee?  Dirty diapers?  George's sweat?  Garbage?" in an effort to protect her murderous offspring.)

Scent Dog 4K-9 Simon Birch, from Johnson's Wrecker, who stated to investigators that the horrible stench that emanated from Casey's car when it was opened at the towyard exactly resembled the smell of a decomposing corpse --  a scent he had had the opportunity to experience before, when he had processed a vehicle in which a suicide had occurred, and the victim's body had remained closed up inside, decomposing for a period of time.  This is a trustworthy K-9, especially when his alerts are combined with those of the rest of the team.

Scent Dog 5:    K-9 Cpl. Yuri Melich, who knew the smell of a dead body and most likely was painfully struck with the sad knowledge of whose dead body must have left that foul stench in the trunk -- little Caylee's.  “I was a homicide detective for 2 years and in my opinion the smell coming from the car was the smell of decomposition.”  K-9 Yuri's instincts and experience make him a stellar and indispensable scent K-9.

Scent Dog 6:   Trained cadaver dog "K-9 Gerus," and his handler Dep. Jason Forgey, of the OCSO, who agreed with Dogs #1-5, that there was scent evidence of a dead body in Casey's trunk, as well as two spots in her back yard.  Gerus gave specific alerts to the scent of human decomposition.

Scent Dog 7:    The second OCSO K-9 cadaver dog and handler, who were brought in to confirm Gerus's hits.  The second cadaver dog also alerted to decomp, validating the work of Dog #6.

(Alternate)  Scent Dog 8K-9 Lee is only to be used as an alternate, as he can accurately identify the smell of human decomposition, as well as bullsh*t, but shies away from making a clear alert on these scents.   "The windows were rolled down to what I assume -- (to) ventilate the horrible smell that I had just smelled for the first time," and "It hit you like a wave. I mean it was, it was whatever it was, it was very, very potent."

Poor little Caylee!   Caylee loved doggies... We love you, Sweetie.  Justice is coming.

(Link for quotes used:  http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2008-09/msg01040.html )

Wow! Awesome post Desi! Bravo! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.