June 16, 2024, 10:38:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #171 9/08/10 - 9/26/10  (Read 183137 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2010, 08:54:39 PM »

Good to see you Desi.  Mark NaJame and Tim were on JVM.  Don't know if anyone caught it.  Class acts both of these fine men.  Made it clear that they had gone beyond what the defense wants and that they want them to have what they need so this can go forward.  Love these guys

Mark can't control most of what goes on in this case, but he can do his best to assure that if there is an appeal or a new trial granted that it won't be because of anything to do with Texas Equusearch or the searchers. He has  concluded that there are no searchers who will be helpful to the Defense. It started becoming a theoretical argument instead of a practical one. Since Tim and Mark know that the searchers likely won't be helpful to the defense...and likely will hurt the defense...and Mark was able to institute safeguards to ensure their anonymity and not being harassed, it made no sense to allow Casey Anthony's defense to create a basis for appeal or a new trial based upon them not being able to conduct a complete investigation. By having them sign a stipulation, not only is a court order in place but it was specifically agreed to by the Defense and should effectively silence them in the future if they attempt to use this as a basis for a new trial...which Mark deduced they surely would if some sort of accommodation wasn't reached. The stipulation limits their note taking, limits the questions they can ask the searchers on the phone, is done under the watchful eye of both TES and a Magistrate Judge and restricts any release of information.

Per Mark Nejame:   People shouldn't let it get personal. This may be the last thing they can do to help Caylee, as it will likely cutoff a grounds for appeal to Casey concerning her daughter's presumed murder.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2010, 09:00:52 PM »

Thanks, Desi.   

Justice for sweet CAYLEE!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2010, 09:04:02 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/true-crime-in-national/casey-anthony-lawyer-client-gets-fair-shot-from-legal-system-not-internet
Casey Anthony lawyer: client gets 'fair shot' from legal system, not Internet
September 16th, 2010 2:54 am ET

Linda Kenney Baden believes the U.S. justice system is giving her client, accused murderer, Casey Anthony a "fair shot," but says the Internet "foments animosity" toward the 24-year-old woman facing Florida's death penalty for the 2008 slaying of daughter, Caylee,  2.  Kenney Baden made the remarks during a Sept.15, 2010 telephone interview with TruTV's Vinnie Politan.

Googling "Casey Anthony" on the day of the TruTV interview produced over one million "hits" in 20 seconds; since Caylee disapppeared more than two years ago, Casey and/or Caylee Anthony-related Internet sites have become established communities for bloggers and their subscribers/commentors following the case with keen interest.

Most Casey Anthony-related sites do not support the reportedly neer-do-well, jailed mother.  Lead defense attorney, Jose Baez, initially recognized Anthony's unpopularity, describing his client around the time of her arrest as being "Public Enemy Number One."

<< snipped by Desi to avoid reposting gratuitous publicity and book-plugging for LKB >>
Thanks, Trimm.    This comment by Ms. Baden makes me furious.  Please forgive the following rant on behalf of the VICTIM, our precious Caylee:

Ms. Baden, your client killed her baby and lied to the police.  Because she refuses to confess to the truth, by law she is afforded a trial and a multi-million-dollar defense paid for by the taxpayers of Florida, with all of her rights protected along the way.  Yes, she does get a "fair shot" as required by our justice system.  It's the law.

But do you really expect the public to feel anything but hatred toward this woman?

I would like you to know that CAYLEE MARIE , the darling little girl whom your lying, thieving, promiscuous, exhibitionistic, selfish, cold-blooded client murdered, was not afforded a "fair shot" at all.  No, Ms. Baden, three 9" strips of heavy-duty fire-resistant reinforced duct tape savagely plastered across a 2-year-old's face was in no way giving Caylee Marie a "fair shot."

I ask you, how was it "fair" that such a sweet, vulnerable, trusting little girl could be killed and bagged up like trash, hauled around in the trunk of her murderer's car until her body began to decompose, and then dumped in a nasty swamp to rot, to be eaten by insects and animals, to have her bones gnawed and scattered, and to lie all alone outdoors in that scary swamp for six months while her killer mom partied, never reported her missing, and lied about Caylee's whereabouts?

See, Caylee is the one we the public are concerned about.  Not her murdering mother who celebrated the murder of her little girl with a "Bella Vita" tattoo and a "hot body" contest.  We care about CAYLEE.  Not her killer, who refuses to this day to tell the truth about how Caylee died; who refuses to take any accountability at all for the distress, expense, and trouble she has caused for so long, for so very many people.

Yes, our system of justice requires that Casey receive a fair trial.  Good for her.  But you need to understand, Ms. Baden, that your vile client's own acts and lies, plus the behavior of her horrible, lying family and her sleazy "scheme team" (or "dream-on team") are what have "fomented" the public's "animosity" toward her.  And, not insignificantly, also toward those who have sought to use this lovely child's horrific murder to reap fame and fortune for themselves.  This animosity on the part of the public is highly justifiable, Ms. buy-my-new-book Baden.

Little Caylee deserved a fair shot, but she did not get one.  Her murderer certainly does not deserve a "fair shot" with the public, so please stop whining about that.  Casey deserves what she gets, and then some.

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE.

Thank you for putting it so well . . .

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2010, 09:13:04 PM »

Great post Desi!
Justice for Caylee    an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: September 16, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »

Sunny,have you been to Natalee's thread in the last little while?Check it out........
sorry for the off topic.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: September 16, 2010, 09:21:46 PM »

O/T

It is being reported that Beth Holloway and Peter DeVries have been arrested or detained in Peru.  They went to talk to Joran 

My guess is they have been released now but no word yet.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: September 16, 2010, 09:27:32 PM »

Sunny,have you been to Natalee's thread in the last little while?Check it out........
sorry for the off topic.   

I am on my way...thanks

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: September 16, 2010, 09:40:36 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/09/14/cayleecasey-anthony-case-cheney-mason-predicted-caseys-conviction-after-caylee-was-recovered/

Caylee/Casey Anthony Case: Cheney Mason Predicted Casey’s Conviction AFTER Caylee Was Recovered

Thanks, Blink!

Thanks Bearly . . . sometimes you quack me up!
 smooch

Protect the little babies
Scared Monkey

We are the voice for the missing or harmed!!

« Reply #628 on: September 16, 2010, 09:50:55 PM »

Hello monkeys…it has been awhile….  

I found these “secret tapes” of GA but I am not sure they are the ones that the scream team is talking about, so ….I leave it up to you smart monkeys to decipher for me…  

http://humbleopinionforum.net/2010/09/16/mason-says-there-is-a-secret-audio-of-george-anthony-here-is-the-secret-tapes/

I didn’t hear anything that could “blow the case wide open” but I have downloaded them and I will review them without the background noise…

Have a wonderful evening all……    
 an angelic monkey  an angelic monkey 

We will go to great lengths to be the voice for the missing and harmed!!

~Light a Candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CMA ~
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #629 on: September 16, 2010, 09:59:14 PM »

I found these “secret tapes” of GA but I am not sure they are the ones that the scream team is talking about, so ….I leave it up to you smart monkeys to decipher for me…  

http://humbleopinionforum.net/2010/09/16/mason-says-there-is-a-secret-audio-of-george-anthony-here-is-the-secret-tapes/

I didn’t hear anything that could “blow the case wide open” but I have downloaded them and I will review them without the background noise…

Thank you.  I didn't hear any secrets either.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: September 16, 2010, 10:13:40 PM »

Hi protect...nice to see you...I believe Mason is so far behind in reviewing the evidence in this case.....

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: September 16, 2010, 10:15:07 PM »

O/T

It is being reported that Beth Holloway and Peter DeVries have been arrested or detained in Peru.  They went to talk to Joran 

My guess is they have been released now but no word yet.

thanks Klaas....both Beth and Peter are such fearless people!!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »

Thanks for posting the link.  It's been a LONG time since I've listened to these.

Okay.  I think they were only "secret" in the sense that George was being secretly recorded that day, without informing him of the recording, or having him swear to a statement or anything.  The recording was released in discovery long ago, and LE has not tried to hide them or cover them up in any way, to my knowledge.  "Secret tapes" -- Oh brother.

I believe Mason is hoping this might be helpful to Casey's defense, because he wants to accuse LE of acting unethically to try to get Casey to talk, depriving her of her right to counsel by sneaking George in the back door of the jail without her attorney's knowledge.

Mason is stupid.  This will never hold water, not in the least.  Casey herself had asked to speak with George!  We've seen her lovely handwritten missive to Sheriff Beary, specifically requesting the meeting, remember?  Then when Baez caught wind that this was in the works, he quickly put the kibosh on the plan, just minutes before it was to have taken place.

It must have broken the investigators' hearts, because they may have that close to getting the truth out of Casey... but then Baez stepped in and prevented it.

Wonder if she would have told the truth?

(Thanks again, I'll re-listen to these.)

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2010, 10:26:44 PM »

Hmm.. I just read the article at the link.  And the account there says that George met with Casey at the jail this day...  So now I'm not so sure.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: September 16, 2010, 10:33:46 PM »

Still listening.

Here is a link to the letter Casey wrote:  http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0926/17564742.pdf

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #635 on: September 17, 2010, 12:03:08 AM »

After doing some checking, I am going out on a limb to say that George did NOT get to meet with Casey alone on August 14, as stated in the Humble Opinion post linked above.

Best I can piece together from memory and here:

August 3, George met with Casey in a recorded jail visit.

August 8, Dominic Casey visited Casey in jail.

August 8, A pond was searched near the Anthony home.

August 9, Caylee's Birthday.

August 10, Casey declined a visit from her parents.

August 11, Casey declined a visit from her parents.

August 11
, Gail St. John in town, doing her "blind drive" on Suburban.

August 11, Roy Kronk first called LE about finding something on Suburban.

August 11 or 12, A report of a bad smell was investigated somewhere near the Anthony home, but was discovered to be the remains of an animal.

August 12, Roy Kronk called a second time.

August 13, Roy Kronk called a third time, Dep. Cain responded, but took no action.

August 14, Baez was supposedly in NYC, "doing business for Casey."

August 14, The A's visited Casey in a recorded jail visit.  During the visit Casey became quite upset.  George told her she was the boss.  Then Casey was asked to choose who she wanted to meet with privately.  She picked George.  George told her that all she needed to do was to let the authorities know that she wished to meet with him, and that they would arrange it.

August 14, After the visit, Casey wrote a letter to Sheriff Beary, requesting his assistance in setting up a meeting with her dad.  (The letter is dated August 14, 2008, and a copy of it appeared in the discovery documents released on September 26, 2008.)

- - - - -

The "surreptitiously recorded car ride" was that evening:

August 14, 7:00pm, George was picked up by Melich, Allen, and Agt. Bolin, to take him to the jail for a "back-door" meeting with Casey at her request. LE surreptitiously recorded the conversation during the ride to the jail.

On the tape, they are heard speaking with George about Cindy, Lee, etc.  George discusses the visit he and Cindy had with Casey earlier that day.  All seem concerned because they have learned that Baez, who was supposed to be in NYC, is at the jail as they are driving there.

There are cell phone calls taking place, where it sounds as if Melich is trying to line up the meeting between Casey and George, which Casey has requested, without letting Baez interfere.  BUT, Melich is very clear about doing it legally -- he wants Casey to clarify whether or not she wants her lawyer present when she speaks with her dad.  And if not, Melich wants her to state who she wishes to see FIRST, George or Baez.

As far as I can tell, the tape ends while this was still up in the air.  I don't believe we hear on the tape whether or not George was able to speak with Casey in private that evening.  However, my recollection is that in a supplemental report that was released later, the detectives explained that Baez stepped in and convinced Casey not to speak with her dad.

- - - - -

August 15, Fox News reported that any future recordings of jail visits to Casey will not be released, per OCSO, due to a "criminal investigative exemption" in the Sunshine laws.

August 15
, Leonard Padilla, California Bounty Hunter, announced his intention to come to Orlando to bail out Casey.

August 16, Casey declined a visit with her brother, due to attorney advice.

August 16, the Anthonys hired Larry Garrison as their spokesperson.

August 17, Padilla arrived in Orlando.

August 21
, Padilla bailed out Casey.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: September 17, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »

After doing some checking, I am going out on a limb to say that George did NOT get to meet with Casey alone on August 14, as stated in the Humble Opinion post linked above.

Best I can piece together from memory and here:

August 3, George met with Casey in a recorded jail visit.

August 8, Dominic Casey visited Casey in jail.

August 8, A pond was searched near the Anthony home.

August 9, Caylee's Birthday.

August 10, Casey declined a visit from her parents.

August 11, Casey declined a visit from her parents.

August 11
, Gail St. John in town, doing her "blind drive" on Suburban.

August 11, Roy Kronk first called LE about finding something on Suburban.

August 11 or 12, A report of a bad smell was investigated somewhere near the Anthony home, but was discovered to be the remains of an animal.

August 12, Roy Kronk called a second time.

August 13, Roy Kronk called a third time, Dep. Cain responded, but took no action.

August 14, Baez was supposedly in NYC, "doing business for Casey."

August 14, The A's visited Casey in a recorded jail visit.  During the visit Casey became quite upset.  George told her she was the boss.  Then Casey was asked to choose who she wanted to meet with privately.  She picked George.  George told her that all she needed to do was to let the authorities know that she wished to meet with him, and that they would arrange it.

August 14, After the visit, Casey wrote a letter to Sheriff Beary, requesting his assistance in setting up a meeting with her dad.  (The letter is dated August 14, 2008, and a copy of it appeared in the discovery documents released on September 26, 2008.)

- - - - -

The "surreptitiously recorded car ride" was that evening:

August 14, 7:00pm, George was picked up by Melich, Allen, and Agt. Bolin, to take him to the jail for a "back-door" meeting with Casey at her request. LE surreptitiously recorded the conversation during the ride to the jail.

On the tape, they are heard speaking with George about Cindy, Lee, etc.  George discusses the visit he and Cindy had with Casey earlier that day.  All seem concerned because they have learned that Baez, who was supposed to be in NYC, is at the jail as they are driving there.

There are cell phone calls taking place, where it sounds as if Melich is trying to line up the meeting between Casey and George, which Casey has requested, without letting Baez interfere.  BUT, Melich is very clear about doing it legally -- he wants Casey to clarify whether or not she wants her lawyer present when she speaks with her dad.  And if not, Melich wants her to state who she wishes to see FIRST, George or Baez.

As far as I can tell, the tape ends while this was still up in the air.  I don't believe we hear on the tape whether or not George was able to speak with Casey in private that evening.  However, my recollection is that in a supplemental report that was released later, the detectives explained that Baez stepped in and convinced Casey not to speak with her dad.

- - - - -

August 15, Fox News reported that any future recordings of jail visits to Casey will not be released, per OCSO, due to a "criminal investigative exemption" in the Sunshine laws.

August 15
, Leonard Padilla, California Bounty Hunter, announced his intention to come to Orlando to bail out Casey.

August 16, Casey declined a visit with her brother, due to attorney advice.

August 16, the Anthonys hired Larry Garrison as their spokesperson.

August 17, Padilla arrived in Orlando.

August 21
, Padilla bailed out Casey.

Desi, that's what I recall as well.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #637 on: September 17, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »

Sorry Desi, meant to also add:  thank you for doing the research to verify my often faulty memory.

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:19 AM »

Sorry Desi, meant to also add:  thank you for doing the research to verify my often faulty memory.

Thanks for saying you remembered it the same, Sister.  I don't trust my memory, either.  That's why I have to look things up so often.  The good news is that even when our memories are faulty, our hearts never waver in our desire for justice.

Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #639 on: September 17, 2010, 01:40:42 AM »

Just want to throw this out there my hubby loves the countdown clock and had come up with a brilliant Ideal don't know if anyone can do it but if so it would perfect!  What if we can get a monkey to hold the clock and then have a HUGE smile on his face..I was wondering if someone could do it thought I might ask....anyone???
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.