April 24, 2024, 10:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry Oakes - Search Dogs  (Read 97046 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 25, 2010, 10:06:06 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/127939120

I have created this thread so that people can ask Harry Oaks questions about SAR and any other questions about what he does.  Sassifrass is going to collect the questions and give them to Harry to answer then Sassifrass will post the answers here.  

I'd like a cut off date of this FRIDAY for the first questions and we'll play it from ear if there are more questions at a later date.

Please post questions in this thread

NOTE:  Please be respectful with your questions

You can ask case specific questions too.  Like about the Kyron case
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 10:17:13 PM by klaasend » Logged
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:10:18 PM »

Hey Monkeys!

This is a thread to ask Harry Oaks any questions about SAR or his Blog regarding Kyron. I will email the questions to Harry and post on this thread. Let's all be nice and respectful to Harry.!

Let's find Kyron!   an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »

Sass - if you want this just about the Kyron case then I suppose I could move this thread over in the Kyron area.  Up to you.  Shall I move?

I'm going to move.   
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »

Sass - if you want this just about the Kyron case then I suppose I could move this thread over in the Kyron area.  Up to you.  Shall I move?

I'm going to move.   

Yeah. It's about Kyron.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 10:24:58 PM »

I've read that Harry's dogs have alerted to a "death scent" close to the Horman residence. 

Has this "alert" been followed up on or have you been given permission to search the Horman yard?

Also, the woman Simoni had seen a caucasian boy with an African American homeless man by Ockley School.  Has anyone followed up on this tip?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 10:29:16 PM »

I've read that Harry's dogs have alerted to a "death scent" close to the Horman residence. 

Has this "alert" been followed up on or have you been given permission to search the Horman yard?

Also, the woman Simoni had seen a caucasian boy with an African American homeless man by Ockley School.  Has anyone followed up on this tip?

I've noted your question and it's the 1st one! 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »

I have some important shows to watch and kitties to tend to. I'll update the question list tomorrow.

Remember Monkeys, this is the time to ask Harry questions about his blog on Kyron and any SAR questions!  an angelic monkey

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 11:53:49 PM »

Dead body found near Fanno Creek Park in Tigard
By KATU Communities Staff
Monday, August 23rd, 2:47 pm

TIGARD, Ore. -- Tigard Police detectives are investigating a suspicious death after a body was found in Fanno Creek.
A person was walking through Fanno Creek Park and saw the body in Fanno Creek at just before 2 p.m. Aug. 23. According to police, the location of the discovery is approximately one-quarter mile west of Hall Boulevard.
Police have identified the body is that of a female, but have been unable to determine an age.

http://tigard.katu.com/content/dead-body-found-near-fanno-creek-park-tigard

+++++++

Is the location where the body was found on Monday anywhere near where Harry Oakes dogs hit on something?
_____

Harry Oakes

NANCY GRACE
Aired July 1, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Tonight, joining us, special guest Harry Oakes with search dog Willow, the owner of International K-9 Search and Rescue. He is searching for Kyron Horman. Harry, thank you for being with us. I understand that you and your dog went to Sauvie Island. What happened?

HARRY OAKES, INTERNATIONAL K-9 SEARCH AND RESCUE: Well, we brought in search dog Willow, search dog Tyler (ph), and introduced them to what`s called cadaver scent, searching a variety of areas. And both dogs alerted at a specific location along a houseboat area. We brought a second search dog team in today independent of our search dog teams, and they confirmed the location. But again, all we know is a dead human. We have no idea who it is.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1007/01/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 11:59:09 PM »

Persons like Harry Ookes should be commended for doing what they do. It's God's work.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 12:19:51 AM »

Have you done a thorough search of the area surrounding the school?
Have you had co-operation from people in the area allowing you on private property to search eg. the farm where DeDe was working?

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Hiding Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 12:32:18 PM »

Curious to know what Harry thinks about the truck sightings Jim Kelley reported and if they've been checked out thoroughly?  Alot of woods between turnoff from NW Corneilus Pass and NW 6th St that could be checked.

Please thank Harry for his work on this and all the other cases he works on.   an angelic monkey
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 12:58:28 PM »

My questions to Harry

Regarding your August 20th, 2010 Blog:

Your statement: “A parent whose child attended Skyline Elementary school stated that she saw Terri physically and verbally abusing Kyron repeatedly throughout the school year. Terri was seen striking Kyron, grabbing him, and call him names in front of the parents, teachers, and other kids.”  My question: Did you  hear this from a reliable source 1st hand or was this part of a rumor you heard through the media?

Your statement: Kyron repeatedly told anyone who would listen that his “Step mother is dead”. Terri would then counter with” He’s talking about his real mother not me” My question: Again, Did you  hear this from a reliable source 1st hand or was this part of a rumor you heard through the media?

Your statement: Was this a well-planned set-up? A week before Kyron disappeared, Terri reportedly went around school talking to families she had never talked to before and asked them to keep an eye out for Kyron as he suffered from seizures and was prone to disappearing. My question: Again, Did you  hear this from a reliable source 1st hand or was this part of a rumor you heard through the media?

Your statement: Terri also parks her husband’s Kaine’s pick up on a side road in front of the school so everyone can see the vehicle. Yet according to many parents at the school, Terri never has parked her vehicle there before ever. My question: I don’t believe this was ever confirmed in the press. Has someone reliable confirmed this to you?

Your statement: Terri texted Dee Dee that she had paid $350,000.00 for a well-known criminal defense attorney before she was accused of a crime? Statement: Actually Terri sent those texts to Cook. I can reference court docs if you need them.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 01:07:55 PM »

Another question: Have you ever heard of Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch or have you ever worked with him? http://texasequusearch.org/

Question: Would you agree to work along side with him on the Kyron search if he had the time?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 05:30:33 PM »

Did you directly ask Kaine Horman and/or Desiree Young for an article of Kyrons? If so, what exactly was their response to you?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 09:40:33 PM »

sassifrass

Thanks for starting this thread.  I have a couple more question for Harry that I will post tomorrow.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 12:22:10 AM »

Another question: Have you ever heard of Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch or have you ever worked with him? http://texasequusearch.org/

Question: Would you agree to work along side with him on the Kyron search if he had the time?

Sassifrass,

Thanks for asking this.  I had the same questions.  Here are a couple more for Mr. Oakes:

You've mentioned that after you report a case it becomes a matter of public record.  You've been very open about providing record numbers for your cases over the years.  Many are listed in your blog.

Are those numbers next to the cases listed in your blog the record numbers provided by law enforcement?  (After you report a case to LE, do they provide you with a record number, almost like a receipt?)  Or, are these your numbers for your own record keeping?

--------------

Are your dogs trained in both cadaver work and SAR?   If so, and the dogs have been given a scent article but it turns out the victim is deceased, how do the dogs identify that particular body now that it has become a cadaver? 

Thanks for all your hard work over the years.

Respectfully,

Koko's Cat

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
MonkeyFlower
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 12:53:59 AM »

Hi Harry
I really appreciated all you did.

Anyway, as you wandered around (and you did a lot) what did you hear about the Pumalas?

DId you hear there were a lot of drugs around this whole scenario of these people like TH?

What is the latest now as to where Kyron might be, I heard today (thurs.) no one is searching SI. Do they have no idea? What about around all those roads in and around Forest Park or is that more for other evidence?

What about the "fisherwoman" who saw a woman with red hair dump something into Multnomah Channel?

OK, is this too many questions?

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »

Hi Harry

Anyway, as you wandered around (and you did a lot) what did you hear about the Pumalas?

DId you hear there were a lot of drugs around this whole scenario of these people like TH?

What is the latest now as to where Kyron might be, I heard today (thurs.) no one is searching SI. Do they have no idea? What about around all those roads in and around Forest Park or is that more for other evidence?

What about the "fisherwoman" who saw a woman with red hair dump something into Multnomah Channel?

OK, is this too many questions?

MonkeyFlower, definitely not too many questions.  an angelic monkey Harry told me he would answer all questions, as many as we throw at him!   

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »

I'll be cutting questions for Harry off at 5pm PST so that I can email them to him. I'll post replies as soon as I receive them back.

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 07:28:25 PM »

Answers from Harry. Just a note: You Monkeys can get pissed at me but there are 2 questions that I received answers on that I refuse to post. Both question and answers are NOT included in this reply email.

1.   I've read that Harry's dogs have alerted to a "death scent" close to the Horman residence.

Answer:

yes that's true. Two different search dog teams from IK9SARS haven't been allowed on the Horman property. But everytime we get near the boundries of the property three search dogs from two handlers all do the same thing. Give death alerts and get upset.

2.   Has this "alert" been followed up on or have you been given permission to search the Horman yard?

Answer:NO

3.   Also, the woman Simoni had seen a caucasian boy with an African American homeless man by Ockley School.  Has anyone followed up on this tip? I heard about this. this was a Portland Police matter and I have no idea if this was investigated.

Answer:

News Article:

Dead body found near Fanno Creek Park in Tigard
By KATU Communities Staff
Monday, August 23rd, 2:47 pm

TIGARD, Ore. -- Tigard Police detectives are investigating a suspicious death after a body was found in Fanno Creek.
A person was walking through Fanno Creek Park and saw the body in Fanno Creek at just before 2 p.m. Aug. 23. According to police, the location of the discovery is approximately one-quarter mile west of Hall Boulevard.
Police have identified the body is that of a female, but have been unable to determine an age.

http://tigard.katu.com/content/dead-body-found-near-fanno-creek-park-tigard

4.Is the location where the body was found on Monday anywhere near where Harry Oakes dogs hit on something?

Answer:Not even close. Our dogs were alerting inthe Mult. Channel 1/4 mile down stream below the house boats from the sauvie island bridge.

5.   Have you done a thorough search of the area surrounding the school?

Answer:

No, the MCSO has done 6 searches of this area. Since we don't have  a scent article we can only do a quick walk through of the area. Nothing found by our search dogs on the walk through. most of the area is Private property andwe're not allowedon Private property.

6.   Have you had co-operation from people in the area allowing you on private property to search eg. the farm where DeDe was working?

Answer: Absolutely NOT........Won't even talk to us.

7.   Curious to know what Harry thinks about the truck sightings Jim Kelley reported and if they've been checked out thoroughly?  Alot of woods between turnoff from NW Corneilus Pass and NW 6th St that could be checked.

Answer: I just heard about this two days ago. Haven't checked it out.

8.   Did you directly ask Kaine Horman and/or Desiree Young for an article of Kyrons? If so, what exactly was their response to you?

Answer:

I have asked kaine via facebook request three times and Desiree through a tv reporter.
No response no comment.

9.    You've mentioned that after you report a case it becomes a matter of public record.  You've been very open about providing record numbers for your cases over the years.  Many are listed in your blog.

Are those numbers next to the cases listed in your blog the record numbers provided by law enforcement?  (After you report a case to LE, do they provide you with a record number, almost like a receipt?)  Or, are these your numbers for your own record keeping?

Answer:

These are our own case #'s.

Are your dogs trained in both cadaver work and SAR?   If so, and the dogs have been given a scent article but it turns out the victim is deceased, how do the dogs identify that particular body now that it has become a cadaver? 

Answer:
All of our 6,500 search dogs/handlers have been cross trained since 1986 for all aspects of SAR. Live/Dead wilderness avalanche, water, urban, disaster, desert, jungle, suspect id, forensic scent evidence. That info is already posted on our web site www.k9sardog.com  Any time a search dog trained or not trained for cadaver smells a dead human scent they become upset. ears down, tail down, physically emotionally upset, sometimes the search dog will eat grass to absorb the acid's forming in their stomachs from the smell of death. Some dogs will urinate deficate and whine when they smell death.

We don't just have cadaver dogs. Our dogs are trained for both live and dead.

Thanks for all your hard work over the years.

Respectfully,

Koko's Cat

10.               Hi Harry

Answer:

never heard of a Pumalas? What or who is it?

Answer:

Don't know who they are?

Answer: I honestly think he's dead and buried and only two women know for sure where that is.

Answer:

We went to that location and none of the search dogs alerted on any dead human along that side of the river. Now that being said, right accross from there is where our search dogs went nuts.
No one is for sure where exactly this locaiton was.

Regarding your August 20th, 2010 Blog:

Your statement: “A parent whose child attended Skyline Elementary school stated that she saw Terri physically and verbally abusing Kyron repeatedly throughout the school year. Terri was seen striking Kyron, grabbing him, and call him names in front of the parents, teachers, and other kids.”  My question: Did you  hear this from a reliable source 1st hand or was this part of a rumor you heard through the media?

Answer:

Directly from the parent.

Your statement: Kyron repeatedly told anyone who would listen that his “Step mother is dead”. Terri would then counter with” He’s talking about his real mother not me” My question: Again, Did you  hear this from a reliable source 1st hand or was this part of a rumor you heard through the media?

Answer:

Same parent.

Your statement: Was this a well-planned set-up? A week before Kyron disappeared, Terri reportedly went around school talking to families she had never talked to before and asked them to keep an eye out for Kyron as he suffered from seizures and was prone to disappearing. My question: Again, Did you  hear this from a reliable source 1st hand or was this part of a rumor you heard through the media?

Answer:

Same parent very credible. Police already interviewed her.

Your statement: Terri also parks her husband’s Kaine’s pick up on a side road in front of the school so everyone can see the vehicle. Yet according to many parents at the school, Terri never has parked her vehicle there before ever. My question: I don’t believe this was ever confirmed in the press. Has someone reliable confirmed this to you?

Answer:

yes repeatedly

Your statement: Terri texted Dee Dee that she had paid $350,000.00 for a well-known criminal defense attorney before she was accused of a crime? Statement: Actually Terri sent those texts to Cook. I can reference court docs if you need them.

Answer:

OK thank you

I stand corrected.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.