April 25, 2024, 09:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry Oakes - Search Dogs  (Read 97234 times)
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2010, 10:21:42 AM »

As far as the death scent near the Horman residence, I agree that they need to let Harry in there to discount it as being Kyron or someone else. I DO have a hinky feeling that they are going to allow this.

Harry has been doing this for over 30 years, which is probably longer than some of the LE SAR folks have been alive. He has the advantage of having long term training with his dogs.

Think about it.....If you were doing the same job for over 30 years,where would your skill level be? 

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2010, 05:31:41 PM »

All I can say is if I was in this very unfortunate situation I would allow everyone and anyone to search for my child. LE hasnt' found Kryon, so is it time to bring in a PI and independent searchers? I really do think it is.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #142 on: September 04, 2010, 05:58:04 PM »

All I can say is if I was in this very unfortunate situation I would allow everyone and anyone to search for my child. LE hasnt' found Kryon, so is it time to bring in a PI and independent searchers? I really do think it is.

Maybe LE is telling them to be patient, they're getting close, or maybe they need to keep the investigation in their hands without outside interference. It's tough for Desiree because Tony is LE, so she pretty much has to rely on LE.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »

I agree!  I would be trying to move heaven and earth!

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »

Maybe LE is telling them to be patient, they're getting close, or maybe they need to keep the investigation in their hands without outside interference. It's tough for Desiree because Tony is LE, so she pretty much has to rely on LE.

Yep, I'm sure that her options are limited/controlled.  Unfortunately, I feel it's unlikely that LE will relent on this without outside pressure from the media or public. 

I know it's too late but here's another question for Harry: 

Regarding House Bill 3093, what changes, specifically, would you have liked to accomplish?

I'm wondering if Harry's motivation was to allow independent search teams access to search an area after LE had exhausted their efforts. 

Here's a quote from his blog: 
http://k9sardog.blogspot.com/2009/07/facebook-harry-oakes.html "I wasn’t welcome within search camps within...Oregon only after I testified against the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association on House Bill 3093, where I testified on the mismanagement of SAR in Oregon that have cost lives. I was told by Lt Neil James that, 'if I testified against the OSSA at the HB hearing, I would never be used by the O.S.S.A. again'.
I testified and told the truth. The Oregon State Police, The Oregon Mountain Rescue Council, the Oregon Fire Fighters Association all supported me in my efforts on HB 3093. Trying to update SAR laws in the state of Oregon which hadn’t been updated since 1974. Because of my testimony, the O.S.S.A. refuses to use my services because I made them look bad in the OREGON SENATE." -- Harry Oakes

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2010, 10:59:54 PM »

...(edited)...
 Unfortunately, I feel it's unlikely that LE will relent on this without outside pressure from the media or public. 

In Oregon City, Law Enforcement ignored Harry's reports for five months after he discovered the bodies of Ashley Pond, Miranda Gaddis, and Jane Doe.   

Ultimately the public was responsible for the retrieval of the girls' remains.  If Ward Weaver's last victim hadn't escaped, and if the public hadn't held two vigils basically demanding that his property be searched, there would be at least four girls, still undiscovered, right next to the high school.  And Weaver would still be at large.  Because, according to MSNBC, he was never considered a prime suspect.  Here's a clip from the article: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11065622/On the way out, she grabbed a tarp covering the concrete slab in Ward’s backyard.  And then she ran naked and trembling after a savage sexual assault— into the street, where she flagged down a passing car. And within hours, Ward Weaver was arrested, booked, and behind bars, charged with rape.

Portland Tribune reporter Jim Redden: That was the moment that I really thought, "This is the guy."

Linda O’Neal says she’d known it for months. She had known in her gut that Weaver was a violent man, who’d killed Ashley and Miranda. And they had him in custody now, for a violent rape, so she felt sure the FBI would move quickly to charge him in the disappearance of Ashley and Miranda.

Morrison: Once he was in custody was a search warrant issued for his property?

O’Neal: There was a search conducted that had everything to do with the rape, with the crime that occurred that day, but then they took down the yellow crime tape and they left.

And without crime scene tape or a steady police presence, Weaver’s house became a kind of open house. After weeks of people seeing Weaver’s name in the papers, or seeing him on the news, sitting near that freshly poured concrete slab, and hearing of his arrest for rape, many of the locals had come to the same conclusion as Linda: What was the FBI waiting for?

In mid-August, in the days after Ward was arrested for raping his son’s girlfriend, protestors gathered at the property. They left their accusing signs lying around the unexamined back yard...

Morrison: How long was it between the time Ward Weaver was arrested, and the time somebody got a search warrant to look into his property?

O’Neal: Well, he was arrested August 13, and it was August 23 when they got the search warrant.

Then, with crowds gathering again as if they knew what was to come, the FBI showed up in force, erecting two white tents, bringing in dozens of agents and tons of equipment.

Hours later, there was the first discovery: a box, in a shed behind the house, with remains. The Oregon state medical examiner positively identified the remains of the discovered body of Miranda Gaddis.

The following day, there was another vigil and another discovery. Investigators finally dug up that concrete slab. It was the very spot at which that search dog had issued a “death alert” five months before.

And there beneath it, they found another body — Ashley Pond’s.

O’Neal: It was very sad news because I think you always hope, until there’s a body, you always have hope. And even though I always believed the bodies were there, the reality of it was difficult. These two beautiful young girls were gone forever.

During all those days, weeks, months, of anxiety and hope… the long investigation, the scores of officers, the bodies of the two little girls were right here all along in Ward Weaver’s backyard.

And Weaver himself? At first, claimed he had not a thing to do with it. But in the end, Ward Weaver, without explaining how or why, simply pleaded guilty and was sentenced to remain in prison for the rest of his life.

At his sentencing, the judge said: “I think everyone probably shares in the hope that there is a special place in hell for people like you.”

How could Ward Weaver have gotten away with it for so long? And how could the FBI have seemed so, well, off?  Especially when others seemed to have figured it all so neatly? There was sadness, yes, for the loss of those two girls— but also now, anger.

Redden: Our headline was “Why did it take so long?” And that was the question that we were trying to get answered. We still don’t know.

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »

I'm not saying the death scent Oakes' dogs are alerting to on or near Horman's property is Kyron.  It could be anyone.  Without a scent article, that cannot be determined until the remains are located and/or exhumed.  And, without Oakes being allowed access to the property we'll never know for sure. 

Again, from MSNBC's "What The Private Eye Knew"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11065622/Harry, with his [dog] Valerie now excited and on the chase, knocked at Weaver’s door and asked for permission to search the house.

Harry Oakes: [Weaver] said, “I don’t have any problem with you searching, they’ve already brought in 7 different search dog teams. I have nothing to hide.” During the search of the house she gave me a death alert of Ashley’s scent in Ward’s hallway.

Of course, Ashley Pond's mother had provided a scent article, so it was definitive.  Later, though, in the article, she specifically thanks LE.  Hmmmm..... obviously no pressure, eh? 

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2010, 11:54:59 PM »

Given Harry's experience, and all the monies this investigation has cost the taxpayers-and no result, you would think the next logical step is to bring in people from the private sector to resolve this issue- Bring Kyron Home.

Rumors have run rampant in this case.  It's been rumored Kaine had a homosexual relationship.  I don't know if that's true or not, and personally it's his choice, but if it is true, how many women would have an issue with that if that was your husband?

Would this have been the explaination for the MFH plot?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »

Second paragraph of my post is in the wrong thread....Oops!!

I think I need a Monkey Map!

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2010, 12:40:45 AM »

MK,

LOL.

I must say I LOVE the avatar down by your signature.  Very amusing. I keep dragging people to my computer to see it.  I wanna figure out how to animate/get an avatar!   

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #150 on: September 05, 2010, 12:49:39 AM »

MK,

LOL.

I must say I LOVE the avatar down by your signature.  Very amusing. I keep dragging people to my computer to see it.  I wanna figure out how to animate/get an avatar!   

You don't,(animate/get)...LET someone do it for you!      I actually wenr online and found the monkey, and Brandi animated it for me....some special and talented monkeys we have fallen in with    an angelic monkey

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #151 on: September 05, 2010, 12:51:37 AM »

Kokos Cat...here is her link for animating

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.new#new

Monkey King...Is a monkey map easier to read than a "real" one?   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #152 on: September 05, 2010, 01:01:15 AM »

You don't,(animate/get)...LET someone do it for you!      I actually wenr online and found the monkey, and Brandi animated it for me....some special and talented monkeys we have fallen in with    an angelic monkey

Dear Nana,

Yay!    

I'm sooo excited to bee here, thanks!

Can't wait to check out the avi's, double thanks!   

K. Cat 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #153 on: September 05, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »

Welcome to the cage Kokos Cat!      an angelic monkey

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »

...(edited)...
 Unfortunately, I feel it's unlikely that LE will relent on this without outside pressure from the media or public. 

In Oregon City, Law Enforcement ignored Harry's reports for five months after he discovered the bodies of Ashley Pond, Miranda Gaddis, and Jane Doe.   

Ultimately the public was responsible for the retrieval of the girls' remains.  If Ward Weaver's last victim hadn't escaped, and if the public hadn't held two vigils basically demanding that his property be searched, there would be at least four girls, still undiscovered, right next to the high school.  And Weaver would still be at large.  Because, according to MSNBC, he was never considered a prime suspect.  Here's a clip from the article: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11065622/On the way out, she grabbed a tarp covering the concrete slab in Ward’s backyard.  And then she ran naked and trembling after a savage sexual assault— into the street, where she flagged down a passing car. And within hours, Ward Weaver was arrested, booked, and behind bars, charged with rape.

Portland Tribune reporter Jim Redden: That was the moment that I really thought, "This is the guy."

Linda O’Neal says she’d known it for months. She had known in her gut that Weaver was a violent man, who’d killed Ashley and Miranda. And they had him in custody now, for a violent rape, so she felt sure the FBI would move quickly to charge him in the disappearance of Ashley and Miranda.

Morrison: Once he was in custody was a search warrant issued for his property?

O’Neal: There was a search conducted that had everything to do with the rape, with the crime that occurred that day, but then they took down the yellow crime tape and they left.

And without crime scene tape or a steady police presence, Weaver’s house became a kind of open house. After weeks of people seeing Weaver’s name in the papers, or seeing him on the news, sitting near that freshly poured concrete slab, and hearing of his arrest for rape, many of the locals had come to the same conclusion as Linda: What was the FBI waiting for?

In mid-August, in the days after Ward was arrested for raping his son’s girlfriend, protestors gathered at the property. They left their accusing signs lying around the unexamined back yard...

Morrison: How long was it between the time Ward Weaver was arrested, and the time somebody got a search warrant to look into his property?

O’Neal: Well, he was arrested August 13, and it was August 23 when they got the search warrant.

Then, with crowds gathering again as if they knew what was to come, the FBI showed up in force, erecting two white tents, bringing in dozens of agents and tons of equipment.

Hours later, there was the first discovery: a box, in a shed behind the house, with remains. The Oregon state medical examiner positively identified the remains of the discovered body of Miranda Gaddis.

The following day, there was another vigil and another discovery. Investigators finally dug up that concrete slab. It was the very spot at which that search dog had issued a “death alert” five months before.

And there beneath it, they found another body — Ashley Pond’s.

O’Neal: It was very sad news because I think you always hope, until there’s a body, you always have hope. And even though I always believed the bodies were there, the reality of it was difficult. These two beautiful young girls were gone forever.

During all those days, weeks, months, of anxiety and hope… the long investigation, the scores of officers, the bodies of the two little girls were right here all along in Ward Weaver’s backyard.

And Weaver himself? At first, claimed he had not a thing to do with it. But in the end, Ward Weaver, without explaining how or why, simply pleaded guilty and was sentenced to remain in prison for the rest of his life.

At his sentencing, the judge said: “I think everyone probably shares in the hope that there is a special place in hell for people like you.”

How could Ward Weaver have gotten away with it for so long? And how could the FBI have seemed so, well, off?  Especially when others seemed to have figured it all so neatly? There was sadness, yes, for the loss of those two girls— but also now, anger.

Redden: Our headline was “Why did it take so long?” And that was the question that we were trying to get answered. We still don’t know.

Yep. I actually lived 2 blocks away from there when this was all going down! Harry brought those girls and Jane Doe home. 

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »

MK,

LOL.

Thanks Kokos Cat!!

Brandi made my avatar for me, she does GREAT avatars for the monkeys on here!!
Give her an idea of what you're looking for and she'd be happy to help!

Welcome to Da Cage!!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »

Kokos Cat...here is her link for animating

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.new#new

Monkey King...Is a monkey map easier to read than a "real" one?   

For this one it is!!

Damn! Mapquest!!

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »

So, I'm patiently waiting to see if Desiree can convince Kaine to allow Harry to search the property. It's really a big part of this case and the more we can eliminate, the more we can investigate.

This HAS to be done! What do they have to lose? Nothing except the thought that Kyron may or may not be alive. I believe in my heart that he is alive, but my mind says otherwise. I'm pretty conflicted on this.

The one thing I know is, HARRY NEEDS TO BRING HIS DOGS ON KAINES PROPERTY, and given a piece of Kyrons clothing/scent article.

I, as well as many other people want to put this piece of the puzzle to a close.

Desiree, please do this for Kyron.  an angelic monkey

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2010, 10:07:28 PM »

So, I'm patiently waiting to see if Desiree can convince Kaine to allow Harry to search the property. It's really a big part of this case and the more we can eliminate, the more we can investigate.

This HAS to be done! What do they have to lose? Nothing except the thought that Kyron may or may not be alive. I believe in my heart that he is alive, but my mind says otherwise. I'm pretty conflicted on this.

The one thing I know is, HARRY NEEDS TO BRING HIS DOGS ON KAINES PROPERTY, and given a piece of Kyrons clothing/scent article.

I, as well as many other people want to put this piece of the puzzle to a close.

Desiree, please do this for Kyron.  an angelic monkey

Bumping this for you, Sassi! --oo oo oo,  I'm so excited to be among the monkeys! --   

Thanks for the warm welcome Sassi, Nana & MK      

& thanks thanks thanks for the referral to Brandi!  Hope you like my new clothes!  She did a great job, tailored to fit!   

Koko's Cat 

And, Nana, I'm so happy to be fully clothed, fall is in the air.... 

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

Yep. I actually lived 2 blocks away from there when this was all going down! Harry brought those girls and Jane Doe home. 

Wow! 

Sassi, did you meet Harry?  Did you actually see him go in there?

Also, can you talk about the vigil? 

Thanks for all you're doing!   an angelic monkey

Koko's Cat

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.