March 28, 2024, 07:01:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "If you don’t speak Spanish...keep your mouth shut about immigration."  (Read 1881 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 26, 2010, 09:28:03 AM »

Deporting them has a nil-net effect. “What will you do if you’re caught and deported?” “Well, I will come back, of course. I cannot stay in Honduras or I will be killed.” Also common: “This is the third time I’ve made the journey. I will come back again and again each time I’m deported. I have no other choice.”

Current immigration policy is unsustainable, in all senses of the word.

We will run out of money if we keep building border defenses at the rate we are now. Various studies have estimated that the number of Border Patrol agents needed to actually secure our southern border is roughly equal to the number of troops currently deployed in Iraq.
The wall along the border costs an estimated $3 million dollars per mile, according to a 2006 NPR report. Border Patrol agents say the net effect of the wall, a small obstacle compared to the dangers already inherent in the passage, is to delay migrants by about five minutes.
Between bank bailouts and two wars, we don’t have anywhere near enough money to build the entire wall and staff the border to capacity. Our efforts at border security are analogous to Don Quixote tilting at windmills — police action against people that are not criminals, with no effect on the numbers actually coming over. We will not stop people from migrating here. We will not be able to deport everyone who is already here. Our efforts are worthless.
Remittances home, or in other words people sending money to their families, accounted for, at a low estimate, $21.5 billion in Mexico in 2009. Our economy is inextricably linked to theirs, starting with oil and moving on down from there.
If Mexico stops receiving that money, the chain reaction will certainly set off another financial crisis here.

Will we run out of money if we keep adding welfare recipients to our tax burdens/debt?

Our troops just left Iraq, maybe we could send them home and assign them to border duty?

How many billions do states, communities and the Federal government spend on welfare for illegals?

How much border fence could we get for the remain stimulus/recovery and returned TARP monies?

Maybe that $21.9 billion plus in remittances would be better spent as a self funding scheme to offset the taxpayer expenses for illegal aliens?

If financial too big to fail burdens/funds can be set up in advance, why not funds to pay for taxpayer losses due to illegal aliens?  Maybe a tax on remittances to compensate individuals and businesses for uninsured illegal aliens?  Illegal aliens that lie to obtain jobs and mortgages?

How much are we losing because Obama doesn't want to deport these people?  Obama doesn't want to make Main Street safe?

If other nations can secure their borders why can't we?  Think Berlin Wall, border between old East/West nations in Europe, North Korea/China?

If these people have no jobs, how are they supporting themselves?  Welfare?  Crime?

Why not solve the problem by reducing the incentive to keep coming?  Build a wall?  A better wall? 

Here's my favorite line from the letter -

If you don’t speak Spanish, you should keep your mouth shut about immigration.

You are incapable of understanding the words of the principal actors shaping these events. You are therefore unable to formulate a valid opinion. Please shut up. The world will be a better place if you do.

http://www.dailylobo.com/index.php/article/2010/08/on_the_other_side_of_the_fence

How about -

If you don't speak English, shut up...

If your ancestors didn't learn English as a second language, shut up...

If you're receiving welfare, and you've only been in the country a few days/months/years, shut up...

If you're working with fraud documents/identity, shut up...

If you have more disposable income than your coworkers due to receiving welfare, shup up...

about immigration.

When will they realize the current welfare system is unsustainable? 

Voter registration/voting system is unsustainable?

"If you don’t speak Spanish, you should keep your mouth shut about immigration."  That seems to be the message from Washington, just let us take more and more of your labor and resources...

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:36:38 AM »

Sovereignty and a secure border
by Hugh Holub on Aug. 25, 2010, under border issues, mexico, politics

One of the elements of the illegal immigration debate swirls around the supposed right of people to enter  our country…or any country for that matter.

One of the fundamental rights of a sovereign nation is to decide who is allowed to enter their country and on what terms and conditions.

There is no legal right to just walk into someone else’s country because you want to.

This is the underpinning of a lot of the conflict about immigration law reform and securing our border.

When did Washington decide American citizens and those here legally don't matter?

The United States has the absolute right and duty to control who comes across our border and on what terms. We cannot be the dumping ground for criminals from other countries. We cannot just let drug cartel people walk across our border any time they want. And we cannot look the other way with 12 million illegal people in the country and say “OK, you get a visa”. We’d just invite another 12 million to cross illegally or violate their legal visa status.

We must have the right and ability to screen people. We must have the right and the ability to kick out people who commit crimes after they got here. Penalize them for the misdemeanor of illegal entry. Put them at the end of the line for citizenship eligibility. Require anyone wanting to be on a citizenship track to prove English proficiency and a good knowledge of our laws and values.

And we have the absolute right and duty to stop the flow of illegal entrants and drug smugglers across our borders.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/view-from-baja-arizona/2010/08/25/sovereignty-and-a-secure-border/

I don't think Amnesty/Immigration Reform/Administrative Regularization will solve the problem of people coming here, or of drugs and violence spilling over the border.

Obama sends Government Motors jobs to Mexico, isn't that enough? 

If we can't secure the border, what future does any American have?  Will Main Street look like Mexico City tomorrow?  How's that air quality in Mexico City BTW?

How long before Main Street looks like the border ghetto areas?  Gang wars everywhere?

What's Obama doing to stem the human tide across the border?

Somehow, I think the human spill over the border with Mexico costs a lot more for this nation than the BP oil spill in the Gulf.

One gets the attention of Obama and lots of money.

The other is encouraged by Obama, with little regard to the safety of those living on Main Street.

Was Amnesty 1 a big mistake?  Did the flow of people stop?  Or, did Amnesty 1 make it worse?

When is enough lawlessness enough?

When do Americans and people here legally matter to those in Washington?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.