April 26, 2024, 03:49:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #20 8/27/10 -  (Read 506520 times)
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1600 on: September 10, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »

My project for today is to order a diesel tank with pump for my sisters. They don't understand that getting 5 gallon containers of diesel to put in the tractor is not reasonable. They can't lift them up to shoulder level to fill the tank(they are heavy) and they require a minimum of 75 gal to deliver. I want to have everything set up for their tractor when it is delivered. I have a 550 gal tank with pump here but all my equipment is diesel . They really need to get red diesel (off road) because it is cheaper. You aren't paying road taxes on the fuel.
Maybe I'll just surprise them. Monkey Devil!

Would you like to adopt me?  I would promise to follow all the rules - I would just ask to be able to play on the tractor for a bit. I really want a small one but can not justify the price!

Come on down

I have skid tongs, box blade, 6' & 12' augers, 5' & 6' bush hogs and a front end loader. My favorite toy is a 27 hp diesel zero turn mower with a 6' cut. Mows forward at 10 mph and 5 mph in reverse.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1601 on: September 10, 2010, 08:46:50 PM »

I have a question for Monkeys. If anyone can offer some suggestions or advise.

It's about " Wood Floors" old ucky awful wood floors, that I have found today under my old ucky carpet ..that I tore out of my living room today. What a bear of a job.
I think carpet tack strips could survive a grenade. These strips being set more than likely 30 yrs ago.  You have to be angry while removing them .... Monkey Devil!

I found all kinds of goodies under my carpet. My house built in 1924. Coming out of the depression era or still in it - caused for make shift work with make shift materials. So I found areas that have different wood placed in. The floor is marred with ??? has a million staples in it. Tons of paint splats. Water marks/rings in one area ( near the plumbing) via the hallway -bathroom. The floor uneven ( not a shock) and last but not least - the area that is right in front of my entrance door ..... grrrrrrr to be cut out. Placed inside the cut out " Old World" 1970's Parkay squares. That are not aligned. That are puzzle pieced together makeshift.
(( I have not cleaned the floor yet, just swept the bejesus out of it and vacuumed))
For your viewing Pleasure

This wood is spit/cracked and just dang old. This is next to my intake to my furnace. It shows though what else I found through out the room. Different levels of the floor board near or far from the actual floor.

--
I do not want carpet. I hate carpet. I was thinking since the floor is in such bad shape and is cross laid .. I have to laugh out loud.   
Or I will cry. I was thinking about Painting the floor. Has anyone painted their wood floors? Or know anyone that has done this successfully ?? 
Thank U

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1602 on: September 10, 2010, 08:49:29 PM »

Donks I was thinking about You last night.

I was eating " Donkey Chips" ........found them at the market the other day. Boy are they addictive. YUM. 
http://www.donkeychips.com/

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1603 on: September 10, 2010, 08:50:28 PM »

My project for today is to order a diesel tank with pump for my sisters. They don't understand that getting 5 gallon containers of diesel to put in the tractor is not reasonable. They can't lift them up to shoulder level to fill the tank(they are heavy) and they require a minimum of 75 gal to deliver. I want to have everything set up for their tractor when it is delivered. I have a 550 gal tank with pump here but all my equipment is diesel . They really need to get red diesel (off road) because it is cheaper. You aren't paying road taxes on the fuel.
Maybe I'll just surprise them. Monkey Devil!

Would you like to adopt me?  I would promise to follow all the rules - I would just ask to be able to play on the tractor for a bit. I really want a small one but can not justify the price!

Come on down

I have skid tongs, box blade, 6' & 12' augers, 5' & 6' bush hogs and a front end loader. My favorite toy is a 27 hp diesel zero turn mower with a 6' cut. Mows forward at 10 mph and 5 mph in reverse.

Hahaha
I invited my sister over for coffee and had the tractor parked there with a 5 gal can of diesel sitting beside it
Told her to fill the tractor...well she is short (5'5") and has to stand on the step to even reach the fill and no way could she hoist the can up there. The tank and pump will go in next week Monkey Devil! She is use to filling the tractor here with tank and pump and never actually considered how difficult it is to do manually.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1604 on: September 10, 2010, 08:52:01 PM »

I have never painted wood floors and wouldn't know how to go about it. Guessing Home Depot or Lowes might be able to help you with that. I have wood floor downstairs and the stairs are wood, only have carpet upstairs.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1605 on: September 10, 2010, 08:52:48 PM »

I was eating " Donkey Chips" ........found them at the market the other day. Boy are they addictive. YUM. 
Those look good  never heard of those before.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1606 on: September 10, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »

4 Donks, that may be the last time your sister comes over for coffee 
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1607 on: September 10, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

I actually give the donks tortilla chips for treats...anything made of corn they love

I love the packaging... I'll try them and won't share

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1608 on: September 10, 2010, 08:57:50 PM »

I have never painted wood floors and wouldn't know how to go about it. Guessing Home Depot or Lowes might be able to help you with that. I have wood floor downstairs and the stairs are wood, only have carpet upstairs.
NoRose these floors are a hot mess. I know everyone says to refinish them - yadda. But the wood in some areas are worn so thin ..and are so abused awful. I am guessing some of the wood is from 1920's. Because it does not resemble other parts of the floor. Now Upstairs I have a bigger mess to tend to. Its covered with carpet. I pulled it back and it's too scary.
It's wide plank Barn wood. Which is a beautiful thing yes! BUT there are slats open between each plank - about 3/4's of an inch. Which you can see in between each plank. And within the open slats is paper and Hair. I am guessing its horse hair, used for insulation.
  ...... Wah. 

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1609 on: September 10, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »

Thanks Deenie  an angelic monkey  I don't know what that means, to have your ears candled? theboyzmom mentioned that in a post yesterday, I'm going to the doctor Thursday for him to clean my ears out.

It is really easy and safe. I do it to my two 3 year old nieces when their ears get yucky. I can even do it to myself. you should try it!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1610 on: September 10, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »

I have a question for Monkeys. If anyone can offer some suggestions or advise.

It's about " Wood Floors" old ucky awful wood floors, that I have found today under my old ucky carpet ..that I tore out of my living room today. What a bear of a job.
I think carpet tack strips could survive a grenade. These strips being set more than likely 30 yrs ago.  You have to be angry while removing them .... Monkey Devil!

I found all kinds of goodies under my carpet. My house built in 1924. Coming out of the depression era or still in it - caused for make shift work with make shift materials. So I found areas that have different wood placed in. The floor is marred with ??? has a million staples in it. Tons of paint splats. Water marks/rings in one area ( near the plumbing) via the hallway -bathroom. The floor uneven ( not a shock) and last but not least - the area that is right in front of my entrance door ..... grrrrrrr to be cut out. Placed inside the cut out " Old World" 1970's Parkay squares. That are not aligned. That are puzzle pieced together makeshift.
(( I have not cleaned the floor yet, just swept the bejesus out of it and vacuumed))
For your viewing Pleasure

This wood is spit/cracked and just dang old. This is next to my intake to my furnace. It shows though what else I found through out the room. Different levels of the floor board near or far from the actual floor.

--
I do not want carpet. I hate carpet. I was thinking since the floor is in such bad shape and is cross laid .. I have to laugh out loud.   
Or I will cry. I was thinking about Painting the floor. Has anyone painted their wood floors? Or know anyone that has done this successfully ?? 
Thank U
My sister has wide plank pine floorsin her bedroom that had repaired areas and uneven areas...she stained them a very dark brown and then put 2 coats of polyurethane on them and they look great.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1611 on: September 10, 2010, 09:03:05 PM »

NoRose these floors are a hot mess. I know everyone says to refinish them - yadda. But the wood in some areas are worn so thin ..and are so abused awful. I am guessing some of the wood is from 1920's. Because it does not resemble other parts of the floor. Now Upstairs I have a bigger mess to tend to. Its covered with carpet. I pulled it back and it's too scary.
It's wide plank Barn wood. Which is a beautiful thing yes! BUT there are slats open between each plank - about 3/4's of an inch. Which you can see in between each plank. And within the open slats is paper and Hair. I am guessing its horse hair, used for insulation.
  ...... Wah. 
Oh my, horse hair for insulation, another thing I've never heard of  If it were my house I would have to move or get someone in to get all that horse hair out, since I'm so allergic to horses. What about pulling all the wood out on the lower level, and have someone install wood flooring or that other flooring that isn't really wood but resembles it?
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1612 on: September 10, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »

I actually give the donks tortilla chips for treats...anything made of corn they love

They are so Yummy, the ingredients on the bag:
Corn, Water, Corn oil, Trace of Lime and Salt. That's it. They are not like the corn chips that I usually buy. They don't have those gritty's in them that hurt my teef. They are fine ground. Which makes them all the better... I ate them with Hummus. Whew So Good.  Not all that junk in them. No preservatives added  gluten free/no trans fats/all natural Yay.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1613 on: September 10, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »

Thanks Deenie  an angelic monkey  I don't know what that means, to have your ears candled? theboyzmom mentioned that in a post yesterday, I'm going to the doctor Thursday for him to clean my ears out.

It is really easy and safe. I do it to my two 3 year old nieces when their ears get yucky. I can even do it to myself. you should try it!
At this point in time I would do this, can just imagine what is all blocking my ears. I'm just use to the doctor washing out my ears to clean them. Definitely couldn't do my own ears, I would have to have someone who knows how to do it. Right now with the sinus infection, I have an inner ear infection that is why I'm waiting until Thursday to have my ears cleaned out.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1614 on: September 10, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »

...... Wah. 
Oh my, horse hair for insulation, another thing I've never heard of  If it were my house I would have to move or get someone in to get all that horse hair out, since I'm so allergic to horses. What about pulling all the wood out on the lower level, and have someone install wood flooring or that other flooring that isn't really wood but resembles it?
Crazy huh. Its real Barn Wood too. Never been touched with a sealer. Was used as a sub floor. Never to be seen..hence the gaps and Horsey Hair.
I have no clue what to do with the upstairs of yet. The carpet is still there.
I have a small budget to work with. That is why I was thinking about painting the floors down stairs.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1615 on: September 10, 2010, 09:09:55 PM »

At this point in time I would do this, can just imagine what is all blocking my ears. I'm just use to the doctor washing out my ears to clean them. Definitely couldn't do my own ears, I would have to have someone who knows how to do it. Right now with the sinus infection, I have an inner ear infection that is why I'm waiting until Thursday to have my ears cleaned out.
Actually My Mother learned how to do it, saving money from going to a clinic, She would candle my Dad's ears every few months. It surely improved his hearing.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1616 on: September 10, 2010, 09:09:56 PM »

They are so Yummy, the ingredients on the bag:
Corn, Water, Corn oil, Trace of Lime and Salt. That's it. They are not like the corn chips that I usually buy. They don't have those gritty's in them that hurt my teef. They are fine ground. Which makes them all the better... I ate them with Hummus. Whew So Good.  Not all that junk in them. No preservatives added  gluten free/no trans fats/all natural Yay.

My sister has wide plank pine floors in her bedroom that had repaired areas and uneven areas...she stained them a very dark brown and then put 2 coats of polyurethane on them and they look great. Sorry got in your box earlier.. She rented a floor sander to get all the old paint splatters and crud off the floors first

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1617 on: September 10, 2010, 09:12:09 PM »

Donks she was able to do this herself??

The staining I mean. Sanding I am sure I could handle .. but the staining I don't know. I am really sensitive to chemicals etc.. and I have two cats and a Deenie. My 9lb shadow.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1618 on: September 10, 2010, 09:17:20 PM »

The staining I mean. Sanding I am sure I could handle .. but the staining I don't know. I am really sensitive to chemicals etc.. and I have two cats and a Deenie. My 9lb shadow.

Oh yeah she did it herself. She used a stain that is non toxic and water based poly but you could use wax. She also has allergies and used fans and open windows while working.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1619 on: September 10, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »

Oh yeah she did it herself. She used a stain that is non toxic and water based poly but you could use wax. She also has allergies and used fans and open windows while working.

you could also use deck paint and that way you could get low VOC and it is made to last underfoot outside. You can have the paint custom mixed to suit you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.