April 25, 2024, 02:01:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #20 8/27/10 -  (Read 506419 times)
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1620 on: September 10, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »

Thanks Deenie  an angelic monkey  I don't know what that means, to have your ears candled? theboyzmom mentioned that in a post yesterday, I'm going to the doctor Thursday for him to clean my ears out.

It is really easy and safe. I do it to my two 3 year old nieces when their ears get yucky. I can even do it to myself. you should try it!
At this point in time I would do this, can just imagine what is all blocking my ears. I'm just use to the doctor washing out my ears to clean them. Definitely couldn't do my own ears, I would have to have someone who knows how to do it. Right now with the sinus infection, I have an inner ear infection that is why I'm waiting until Thursday to have my ears cleaned out.

look at spa's and health food stores in the area - they normally do it - you can do it even with an ear infection - in fact it will often clear them up.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1621 on: September 10, 2010, 09:24:34 PM »

Donks she was able to do this herself??

The staining I mean. Sanding I am sure I could handle .. but the staining I don't know. I am really sensitive to chemicals etc.. and I have two cats and a Deenie. My 9lb shadow.

A floor sander can be difficult to operate. It is heavy. We rented one, and I recall my husband had to do it as it was too difficult for me. And I was a tall, athletic build with lots of energy back then.

Just saying. You might want to check it out. They may, however have easier to manage sanders now.

And I painted a large bedroom floor years ago, painted it grey. Was a house built in the 1820's (it was a historic house) and the planks were wide. Came out very nice. Was my son's bedroom, he loved it.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1622 on: September 10, 2010, 09:24:48 PM »

The staining I mean. Sanding I am sure I could handle .. but the staining I don't know. I am really sensitive to chemicals etc.. and I have two cats and a Deenie. My 9lb shadow.

Oh yeah she did it herself. She used a stain that is non toxic and water based poly but you could use wax. She also has allergies and used fans and open windows while working.
I will have to look into it. I know I found online these beautiful stained floors. " To Buy"
I thought they were so Awe. They are this deep stained mulberry color/stain over real wood ..  but this Monkey can't afford new floors.
Link with photo of " Purple Heart" floors
http://www.fortewoodflooring.com/portfoliowood.html

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1623 on: September 10, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »

Oh yeah she did it herself. She used a stain that is non toxic and water based poly but you could use wax. She also has allergies and used fans and open windows while working.
I will have to look into it. I know I found online these beautiful stained floors. " To Buy"
I thought they were so Awe. They are this deep stained mulberry color/stain over real wood ..  but this Monkey can't afford new floors.
Link with photo of " Purple Heart" floors
http://www.fortewoodflooring.com/portfoliowood.html

If you use deck paint lowVOC you can have it custom mixed any colour.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1624 on: September 10, 2010, 09:30:13 PM »

you could also use deck paint and that way you could get low VOC and it is made to last underfoot outside. You can have the paint custom mixed to suit you

Good idea.I knew a girl up the street that did that.Turned out good.
I love wood floors,but I don't want to invest in the wood floor in the den if I am gonna move.I am a cheepie.    But I am subjuect to change my mind when I go floor shopping.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1625 on: September 10, 2010, 09:31:36 PM »

Thanks Deenie  an angelic monkey  I don't know what that means, to have your ears candled? theboyzmom mentioned that in a post yesterday, I'm going to the doctor Thursday for him to clean my ears out.

It is really easy and safe. I do it to my two 3 year old nieces when their ears get yucky. I can even do it to myself. you should try it!
At this point in time I would do this, can just imagine what is all blocking my ears. I'm just use to the doctor washing out my ears to clean them. Definitely couldn't do my own ears, I would have to have someone who knows how to do it. Right now with the sinus infection, I have an inner ear infection that is why I'm waiting until Thursday to have my ears cleaned out.
Actually My Mother learned how to do it, saving money from going to a clinic, She would candle my Dad's ears every few months. It surely improved his hearing.
It sure sounds interesting, but because of the infection I would be afraid to do that right now.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1626 on: September 10, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »

look at spa's and health food stores in the area - they normally do it - you can do it even with an ear infection - in fact it will often clear them up.
Thank-you, I seriously never heard of this before.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1627 on: September 10, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »

A floor sander can be difficult to operate. It is heavy. We rented one, and I recall my husband had to do it as it was too difficult for me. And I was a tall, athletic build with lots of energy back then.

Just saying. You might want to check it out. They may, however have easier to manage sanders now.

And I painted a large bedroom floor years ago, painted it grey. Was a house built in the 1820's (it was a historic house) and the planks were wide. Came out very nice. Was my son's bedroom, he loved it.
oooo Brandi  an angelic monkey Thank You. Do you remember what paint you used? Was it a certain brand ?
Floor paint I am guessing? Was it hard to do? I watched this video online today. Is the guy from the TV show " Clean House" - he said you have to scrub the floor with TSP
 ( understandable) then he said to use " Acetone" to remove all varnish. And then Paint with Floor paint - 2 coats with 24 hours drying time in between.

http://www.5min.com/Video/How-to-Salvage-Damaged-Floors-210203682

My wood floor in the hall are without a shine what so ever. Would you have to devarnish them?  They feel like sandpaper. I did wash them. The hall has a ton of black rings ( I am guessing there was water damage from the pipes) at one time. The circles are right in front of the closet ( that houses all the plumbing to the tub/shower in the bathroom).

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1628 on: September 10, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »

Deenie: my old faithful ask metafilter has a post on floor sanding that you might find helpful: http://ask.metafilter.com/21396/Floor-Sanding

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1629 on: September 10, 2010, 09:43:40 PM »

Deenie: my old faithful ask metafilter has a post on floor sanding that you might find helpful: http://ask.metafilter.com/21396/Floor-Sanding

Thank You Brandi, I did glance, will bookmark and am re-thinking 
Maybe* I may not be able to handle a floor sander on my own 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsMQmSE7uVY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CsMQmSE7uVY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1630 on: September 10, 2010, 09:47:56 PM »

Thank-you, I seriously never heard of this before.
They usually have someone " standard" in the Health Food Stores that is available for appointments. Or Holistic health stores etc.. Some spa's. I know we didn't offer it at the spa I worked at. Yet, most of the Massage Therapists would be able to do it for anyone if they asked. Was not on the spa menu, but we had gals what would do it if someone/who wanted to make a future appt. 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1631 on: September 10, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »

Yeah, they are heavy. The ask metafilter post has some good answers/tips. One poster says it may be cheaper in the long run to hire someone to do it even.

I love me some green! I have been reading ask metafilter for many years. Almost daily.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1632 on: September 10, 2010, 09:49:37 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CsMQmSE7uVY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CsMQmSE7uVY?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
My sister is 5'5" and did the sanding. She rented a commercial sander from a construction rental place. It came with 3 different grit sandpaper and an edge sander was included. She did it herself and besides the bedroom did the living room and it was 1' wide tongue and groove pecan. Her house is about 150 years old.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1633 on: September 10, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »

Yeah, they are heavy. The ask metafilter post has some good answers/tips. One poster says it may be cheaper in the long run to hire someone to do it even.

I love me some green! I have been reading ask metafilter for many years. Almost daily.

That's what I am wondering too, if I would need a sander ? especially in the hall. The wood is so warn down. I would go over it with sanding blocks in areas before attempting anything.
I cannot believe how much crap costs these days. Even looking online for " Runners" rugs!
Everything has to have an exception. I emailed these rugs to NoRose a few months back. I love these rugs. But soooo Expensive. They offer them as " Cotton" or they have indoor outdoor which I prefer. For cleaning reasons. Dash and Albert rugs. They say on the website if you purchase a Cotton Dash and Albert - they have to be professionally cleaned. NO Washer or Dryer. Dryer I can understand. Washing machines today though are so " Dynamic" - that is one thing I didn't skimp on. I bought a top of the line " King Size Drum" washing machine that has more options than a Chinese Food Carryout Menu. Why would I not be able to wash one of these rugs ..in my machine I ask? They want 78.00 for a Runner in Woven Cotton - non washable. They want 110.00 for a Runner that is indoor outdoor that you can use a outdoor hose etc.. and air dry.
* I would want them all to flow within the kitchen, hall and possible living area - that's a lot of coin for rugs " you cannot wash" ..and the other option being indoor/outdoor- which are very expensive once you create a collection. 
http://www.dashandalbert.com/woven-cotton-rugs
Now I found these rugs which are just Adorable and I likey, not to have ordered one yet. They have rave reviews on line. They are indoor/outdoor.
http://fabhabitat.com/index.php/
The runners however do not match my style nor wants, there is only a few that come in a runner. The other sizes though are really cool. I like very much.  Thinking of purchasing from this site. The cost is way cheaper - WAY cheaper.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1634 on: September 10, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »

My sister is 5'5" and did the sanding. She rented a commercial sander from a construction rental place. It came with 3 different grit sandpaper and an edge sander was included. She did it herself and besides the bedroom did the living room and it was 1' wide tongue and groove pecan. Her house is about 150 years old.
I have a place that is within miles of me Donks, they rent everything except a man lol.
I will have to check out their inventory and see what type of commercial sanders they offer.
I am 5'4 and have the upper body strength of wet hair. All my muscles are in my legs. I can see me being dragged down the hall - blasting myself into the spare bedroom and being flown out the window .......... LOL
Oh Lucy 

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1635 on: September 10, 2010, 10:22:56 PM »

I have a place that is within miles of me Donks, they rent everything except a man lol.
I will have to check out their inventory and see what type of commercial sanders they offer.
I am 5'4 and have the upper body strength of wet hair. All my muscles are in my legs. I can see me being dragged down the hall - blasting myself into the spare bedroom and being flown out the window .......... LOL
Oh Lucy 

I just talked to Astrid and she said on a scale of 1 to 10 it would be a 4 or 5 in difficulty. The man that delivered it taught them how to use the machine and she said it walks around and you just have to steer it.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1636 on: September 10, 2010, 10:39:33 PM »

Oh Lucy 

I just talked to Astrid and she said on a scale of 1 to 10 it would be a 4 or 5 in difficulty. The man that delivered it taught them how to use the machine and she said it walks around and you just have to steer it.
Super Important

Get a drum sander. You go with the grain and it walks straight. If you want to stop it from sanding you rock it back on its wheels and you can't lose control. The slower you walk the deeper the sanding. If you rent the other type of sander it is difficult to use, Monkey Devil!

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1637 on: September 10, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »

My cousin came home from Florida, family in tow. He could no longer find work. I took in his Boxer Dog. She was a year old. She weighed 80-90lbs.  He had no money at all to care for her. He was at his end of the line. So I said I would take his Dog for awhile, till he got back on his feet.

I took her to the pet supply store. Well she took me inside and she dragged me through every isle ........ me sliding behind her. She on a leash and regular collar. She was so excited. He had crated her in his back end of his pick up the entire ride from Florida to Mich.  I had let her roam my back yard for a few hours prior to me taking her to the store. I could not leave her. My Cats simply didn't understand her  So I had to take her with me.
People were looking at me and trying to grasp me as she dragged me along. This one woman did grab me and she said " Please tell me this is not Your Dog" ... I said YOU are Correct LMAO this is NOT my Dog. So I don't know if I could handle a commercial sander or not ?
I told my cousin, Dude, I think your dog is deaf.  I said I think she is deaf. She was a white boxer. I told him that white boxers can be born deaf. I said no matter what I said to her, unless she was making eye contact with me - she simply did not hear me. My voice is soft - his voice very deeep and rumbly.. and he had her since she was 6wks old. She responded to him. Sad thing was, I could not keep her. She was such a BIG Girl and Deenie was so little/5lbs at the time. I let her out and played with her for 20 mins or so. Several times I let her out during the day. Let her inside and she would PEE a BUCKET on my CARPET. OUCH GRR. Other things too, I was afraid that the Boxer would be tortured by my Cats. The CATS were like OH Hell No and they did hurt her, the boxer, a few times. Not cool.  She didn't know what to do. That scared me too. She was so out of her comfort zone. She slept with me on the couch. Was the only way I could protect her from the cats. She stretched out longer than my body, she on the inside of the couch. Snoring her little heart out. Me on the outside.  So she stayed for less than 48 hours at my house. He/my cousin came and picked her up. I was so bummed, what could I do? and my house was filled with contractors and sawzaws and tools, wiring hanging etc.
 He took her for a walk in the area he was staying. A woman was walking her dog and she fawned all over the boxer. He said do you want her? And she was like ?  As if he was joking. He wasn't joking.  He handed her off to the woman. He called me and came over to my house. He bawled his head off. He said She was my Dog. He had a wife, two kids and a baby on the way .. not much he could do. I can only hope that the woman who took his dog was a Doggy Angel. She was the sweetest dog, high energy and needed a home where someone could concentrate on her and her welfare.   

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1638 on: September 10, 2010, 10:52:10 PM »

My cousin came home from Florida, family in tow. He could no longer find work. I took in his Boxer Dog. She was a year old. She weighed 80-90lbs.  He had no money at all to care for her. He was at his end of the line. So I said I would take his Dog for awhile, till he got back on his feet.

I took her to the pet supply store. Well she took me inside and she dragged me through every isle ........ me sliding behind her. She on a leash and regular collar. She was so excited. He had crated her in his back end of his pick up the entire ride from Florida to Mich.  I had let her roam my back yard for a few hours prior to me taking her to the store. I could not leave her. My Cats simply didn't understand her  So I had to take her with me.
People were looking at me and trying to grasp me as she dragged me along. This one woman did grab me and she said " Please tell me this is not Your Dog" ... I said YOU are Correct LMAO this is NOT my Dog. So I don't know if I could handle a commercial sander or not ?
I told my cousin, Dude, I think your dog is deaf.  I said I think she is deaf. She was a white boxer. I told him that white boxers can be born deaf. I said no matter what I said to her, unless she was making eye contact with me - she simply did not hear me. My voice is soft - his voice very deeep and rumbly.. and he had her since she was 6wks old. She responded to him. Sad thing was, I could not keep her. She was such a BIG Girl and Deenie was so little/5lbs at the time. I let her out and played with her for 20 mins or so. Several times I let her out during the day. Let her inside and she would PEE a BUCKET on my CARPET. OUCH GRR. Other things too, I was afraid that the Boxer would be tortured by my Cats. The CATS were like OH Hell No and they did hurt her, the boxer, a few times. Not cool.  She didn't know what to do. That scared me too. She was so out of her comfort zone. She slept with me on the couch. Was the only way I could protect her from the cats. She stretched out longer than my body, she on the inside of the couch. Snoring her little heart out. Me on the outside.  So she stayed for less than 48 hours at my house. He/my cousin came and picked her up. I was so bummed, what could I do? and my house was filled with contractors and sawzaws and tools, wiring hanging etc.
 He took her for a walk in the area he was staying. A woman was walking her dog and she fawned all over the boxer. He said do you want her? And she was like ?  As if he was joking. He wasn't joking.  He handed her off to the woman. He called me and came over to my house. He bawled his head off. He said She was my Dog. He had a wife, two kids and a baby on the way .. not much he could do. I can only hope that the woman who took his dog was a Doggy Angel. She was the sweetest dog, high energy and needed a home where someone could concentrate on her and her welfare.   

Oh Deenie that is so sad. I don't know what I would do without my guys. The 2 males out weigh me by a lot and Beela is 120lbs. Of course Furby 6 1/2 lbs rules them all. Mine are trained to voice and hand signals or I'd be SOL.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #1639 on: September 10, 2010, 10:52:18 PM »

Oh Lucy 

Super Important

Get a drum sander. You go with the grain and it walks straight. If you want to stop it from sanding you rock it back on its wheels and you can't lose control. The slower you walk the deeper the sanding. If you rent the other type of sander it is difficult to use, Monkey Devil!
Astrid what a pretty name. Ok I wrote down in my tablet - " Drum Sander"  and that it should be front propelled that I have to steer and be able to walk behind it ..sounds simple enough.. I though was born with klutz tattooed on my forehead .. haha. I have many broken bones to prove .. One foot bone, 3 toes, and my kneecaps practically scarred and damaged beyond - that sometimes they sound like wood when I bend them. From all the times I have fallen down. No alcohol necessary.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wIRVpDzaM8?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5wIRVpDzaM8?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.