April 23, 2024, 04:15:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #20 8/27/10 -  (Read 506310 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: August 27, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »

I just got an email from my sister and she was at the feed store today and the have a bulletin board. There was a person offering a water buffalo free to good home A WATER BUFFALO for heaven's sake. I emailed back and told her to go to blazes Monkey Devil!

Do I have to put a WATER BUFFALO on the bus now?

Poor no rose, she is gonna be really busy!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #281 on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:14 PM »

How funny Brandi, Josef is getting antsy and moving up all the way to the front of the bus  I don't know where the Greyhound bus stop is here, but if he were flying he could come to John Wayne airport and then a short drive home 

Hope you have plenty of room, 4 donks has a delivery for you too!

Now Brandi I'm sure if you can fit a zebra in the window of a bus you'd be able to fit one in the avi Monkey Devil!

...this mean you are gonna take the zebra? Wink

huh? huh? huh?

Are your feet getting cold cause it will be when he77 freezes over Monkey Devil!

heh .. somehow I knew that would be your answer.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2010, 10:50:22 PM »

Hi Monks---My sister-in-law had two chihuahuas.  (She has Alzheimers and lives with me and is driving me nuts, but that's another story,)  Anyway, she lives in a small apartment attached to my house. She had them out there, but she couldn't really take good care of them so she gave to their vet, who is nuts about chihuahuas.  It worked out good.  But the point of this, and I do have a point, is that wherever you go if you mention chihuahua, you will hear people all over the place saying, "I have two," or "My dad has six."  It's the oddest thing.  You rarely see chihuahuas out with people, but they are like a closet dog. Many people have them.  Those of you with chihuahuas try it in a store.  I was at Kroger's with my sister-in-law just yesterday and she was telling the man who was bagging the groceries about her chihuahuas.  He had two.  The cashier's sister had one.  It's just the strangest thing.

My Mom has two chi's , one brother has two chi's...    My mom usually takes her chi's out quite often, but not right now because it's so hot.   My Dad  used to walk around with "Mabel" his teacup chi, in the top of his overall's.  (He's passed on )  Mabel is 14 now but when my Dad was alive she would sit with him for hours.  Great company for him.  When he was in hospice, they allowed me to bring Mabel in to his room and she jumped out of my arms to get to him in bed.  She licked his face and rubbed his neck and I had to put a towel over her to take her back out.  She didn't want to leave him.   They had "Rosie" until she passed at age 17, and she only had three legs (accident).    Mom still has Mabel and she also has "Chloe", about a year old.  Brother's chi's are Dixie aka "Ditsy" and Gidget.  They're old chi "Skeeter" died last year at age 10.  They all love their chi's. 

I have 2 yorkies and 3 salukis, 2 tortoises and a cockatiel.   Other brother has 2 pugs.  I guess we just like things in sets.  Sister has only one jack russel and he's so busy, it's most likely enough.  And the brother with the w chi's also has a border collie and a yellow lab.  And a calico cat.  And horsies, and donkeys...  Other sister has a boxer mix and a quaker parrot.  We love out pets!
Could I interest you in a zebra or a water buffalo Monkey Devil!

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: August 27, 2010, 10:52:26 PM »

Hi Monks---My sister-in-law had two chihuahuas.  (She has Alzheimers and lives with me and is driving me nuts, but that's another story,)  Anyway, she lives in a small apartment attached to my house. She had them out there, but she couldn't really take good care of them so she gave to their vet, who is nuts about chihuahuas.  It worked out good.  But the point of this, and I do have a point, is that wherever you go if you mention chihuahua, you will hear people all over the place saying, "I have two," or "My dad has six."  It's the oddest thing.  You rarely see chihuahuas out with people, but they are like a closet dog. Many people have them.  Those of you with chihuahuas try it in a store.  I was at Kroger's with my sister-in-law just yesterday and she was telling the man who was bagging the groceries about her chihuahuas.  He had two.  The cashier's sister had one.  It's just the strangest thing.

My Mom has two chi's , one brother has two chi's...    My mom usually takes her chi's out quite often, but not right now because it's so hot.   My Dad  used to walk around with "Mabel" his teacup chi, in the top of his overall's.  (He's passed on )  Mabel is 14 now but when my Dad was alive she would sit with him for hours.  Great company for him.  When he was in hospice, they allowed me to bring Mabel in to his room and she jumped out of my arms to get to him in bed.  She licked his face and rubbed his neck and I had to put a towel over her to take her back out.  She didn't want to leave him.   They had "Rosie" until she passed at age 17, and she only had three legs (accident).    Mom still has Mabel and she also has "Chloe", about a year old.  Brother's chi's are Dixie aka "Ditsy" and Gidget.  They're old chi "Skeeter" died last year at age 10.  They all love their chi's. 

I have 2 yorkies and 3 salukis, 2 tortoises and a cockatiel.   Other brother has 2 pugs.  I guess we just like things in sets.  Sister has only one jack russel and he's so busy, it's most likely enough.  And the brother with the w chi's also has a border collie and a yellow lab.  And a calico cat.  And horsies, and donkeys...  Other sister has a boxer mix and a quaker parrot.  We love out pets!
Could I interest you in a zebra or a water buffalo Monkey Devil!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: August 27, 2010, 10:57:17 PM »

I just got an email from my sister and she was at the feed store today and the have a bulletin board. There was a person offering a water buffalo free to good home A WATER BUFFALO for heaven's sake. I emailed back and told her to go to blazes Monkey Devil!

Dear Lord...look at the horns on that thing

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2010, 11:02:32 PM »

Dear Lord...look at the horns on that thing

The animal is huge! They are not even native to our continent. LOL

Nor is a zebra, AFAICS!

hahaha!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: August 27, 2010, 11:08:44 PM »

OK my sister's on the phone and says the man at the feed store told her when the economy was booming people were buying 5 acre "ranchettes" and they'd get a horse or pony. Then they got Dexter catle( miniature cattle) then Zdonks and more and more exotics as pets. They would have their city friends come out to the ranch and amaze them. Then the economy went bust, they lost or had to sell their ranchettes and now are trying to dispose of the animals. He said he fels like the bulletin board is a zoo. How sad is that

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #287 on: August 27, 2010, 11:11:42 PM »

Good Golly Miss Molly  A water Buffalo. What are these people thinking.  I just don't get it. 

4Donks I would have told my sister the same thing.

Brandi I laughed at each picture of the bus as it received more passengers. See you could have put 4 Donks in there Just teasing. 

When I went though menopause the doctor wanted me to take take estrogen replacement I told him no. It isn't going to happen.  I am so glad I didn't.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »

Good Golly Miss Molly  A water Buffalo. What are these people thinking.  I just don't get it. 

4Donks I would have told my sister the same thing.

Brandi I laughed at each picture of the bus as it received more passengers. See you could have put 4 Donks in there Just teasing. 

When I went though menopause the doctor wanted me to take take estrogen replacement I told him no. It isn't going to happen.  I am so glad I didn't.
Smart move. I was on it for 10 yrs and look at me.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2010, 11:14:59 PM »

OK my sister's on the phone and says the man at the feed store told her when the economy was booming people were buying 5 acre "ranchettes" and they'd get a horse or pony. Then they got Dexter catle( miniature cattle) then Zdonks and more and more exotics as pets. They would have their city friends come out to the ranch and amaze them. Then the economy went bust, they lost or had to sell their ranchettes and now are trying to dispose of the animals. He said he fels like the bulletin board is a zoo. How sad is that

Very sad!

People should not get pets as show pieces, and too many do.

They are life-long commitments. To be loved and provided for. All their life!

As we who rescue animals know.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2010, 11:17:17 PM »

Very sad!

People should not get pets as show pieces, and too many do.

They are life-long commitments. To be loved and provided for. All their life!

As we who rescue animals know.

She said there were emus,ostriches,llamas and miniature donks and horses.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2010, 11:17:37 PM »

That is so sad.  Did you see where some women got caught trying to smuggle out a baby tiger from Bangkok. She had drugged it and placed in a bag filled with stuffed tiger toys.  She might have gotten 3 grand for it. The poor thing is just bearly hanging on. Is in ICU at the National Zoo in Bangkok. (?)

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2010, 11:21:54 PM »

That is so sad.  Did you see where some women got caught trying to smuggle out a baby tiger from Bangkok. She had drugged it and placed in a bag filled with stuffed tiger toys.  She might have gotten 3 grand for it. The poor thing is just bearly hanging on. Is in ICU at the National Zoo in Bangkok. (?)

There should be VERY severe penalties for doing that.

I hope there are. But I am sure they are not as severe as I'd like to see.

That makes me sick.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2010, 11:22:36 PM »

I may have some strange pets but they are pets and they are a lifetime commitment. Because donks live for 30 yrs and will outlive me I have a trust set up for their life time. I owe them that

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2010, 11:26:31 PM »

I may have some strange pets but they are pets and they are a lifetime commitment. Because donks live for 30 yrs and will outlive me I have a trust set up for their life time. I owe them that

You are a very special person, 4 donks.

We need more people like you in this world.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2010, 11:27:48 PM »

As an aside do not walk into a small town attorney's office in Alabama and announce you want to set up a trust for your donks. He was speechless. I went to Birmingham and had it done

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2010, 11:32:47 PM »

You are amazing 4 Donks.  Like Brandi wish more people felt they way you do.  an angelic monkey I was going to say that many feel that an animal is ex-spendable but it seems more & more it's just not their animals it's their children, spouses any human being. So sad. That's why I am feeding so many cats. People moved out and just left them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #297 on: August 27, 2010, 11:34:32 PM »

As an aside do not walk into a small town attorney's office in Alabama and announce you want to set up a trust for your donks. He was speechless. I went to Birmingham and had it done

I can imagine the look on his face.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »

You are amazing 4 Donks.  Like Brandi wish more people felt they way you do.  an angelic monkey I was going to say that many feel that an animal is ex-spendable but it seems more & more it's just not their animals it's their children, spouses any human being. So sad. That's why I am feeding so many cats. People moved out and just left them.
Furby at the age of 13yrs was dumped at a high kill shelter because she had medical problems. How could you do that to a pet you've had for 13yrs She may not have many years left but she is a cherished member of this family.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2010, 11:48:04 PM »

Every pet we have had has been a recused pet or they have just come to us and adopted us.  I don't understand how people can just dump them. I really don't.  Right now I heard a couple of the kittens crying at each other. I walked out to the kitchen and someone didn't put the left over hot dogs from dinner away. I had a cat on each end chewing and pulling and one in the middle trying to get it away from the other two. The whole time they are hissing at each other. I should be up set they were on the counter but it was to funny. So took it and cut it up into little pieces and feed it to them.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.