April 30, 2024, 11:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #20 8/27/10 -  (Read 507264 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »

theboyzmom, that is what I don't understand, there should be a time where these fires shouldn't be allowed, but at 10:30pm and drunk besides  that is a recipe for a disaster.

I don't get it either NRCG.  I would have thought they would have gotten some kind of drunk and disorderly fine or something. That big of a fire is dangerous.
Some kind of fine, you would sure think 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »

Trying to catch u on Kyron's thread. Almost there.

Lots going on with the wall being moved to day to keep up with also.
I'm so mixed up on Jason's thread  I honestly don't know what to think about all that has been discovered.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: August 29, 2010, 04:07:59 PM »

An oxygen tank malfunction may have possibly contributed to the death of Martin Short's wife Nancy Dolman.

Dolman, 58, who was suffering from cancer since 2007, passed away last week.

In the 911 call right before her death, a woman can be heard saying that the bed-ridden Nancy "is not breathing" and "she's going to die," before requesting an ambulance.

The woman goes on to tell the 911 operator that "This patient… was on oxygen, we had problems with the gauge here in the tank, she’s off oxygen."

At the time of her death, the woman said that Nancy was surrounded by people.

So sad.

Martin has been nominated for an Emmy for his role in the FX show Damages, but will not be in attendance at Sunday night's awards show.

We wish him and his family the best.   an angelic monkey
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: August 29, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »

I'm so mixed up on Jason's thread  I honestly don't know what to think about all that has been discovered.

I must say that I have had a hard time with the Jason thread as well.

Although I keep reading it.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #484 on: August 29, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »

I must say that I have had a hard time with the Jason thread as well.

Although I keep reading it.
I'm speechless, so many things are connecting, and at the same time they are not connecting. It makes no sense for Jason to put himself in all of this, again something is not right.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #485 on: August 29, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »

theboyzmom, that is what I don't understand, there should be a time where these fires shouldn't be allowed, but at 10:30pm and drunk besides  that is a recipe for a disaster.

I agree because we all know that drunks make such good decisions!  I might have been tempted to take the hose out and start squirting them and the fire - or you could have gone out and yelled that there was free beer at Wally world!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #486 on: August 29, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »

I agree because we all know that drunks make such good decisions!  I might have been tempted to take the hose out and start squirting them and the fire - or you could have gone out and yelled that there was free beer at Wally world!
  I wonder if calling the police also would have helped, maybe not though.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #487 on: August 29, 2010, 06:40:41 PM »

I wonder if calling the police also would have helped, maybe not though.
sounds like Trimm's hubby did call police, which is how the firemen heard about it. Next time, I'd just call and say "I think there's a fire in the woods next to my house" and leave it at that.

These people sound like they put the "billy" in hillbilly! If I were a hillbilly, I'd be insulted by their behavior...givin' us all a bad name!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: August 29, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »

UPdate:

I can't remember if I told you Monks this, but I had both my radiation and med onc check ups on Tuesday. I got to fire my radiation oncologist!!!! Woo hoo! My med onc doc, on the other hand, got all scared looking when I said I wanted to fire him. Which is weird, cos he and I have the same totally warped sense of humor!  He looked all concerned and said "But why? I thought you liked me?!" I laughed and told him I thought that after that appointment, I'd never have to see him again. Well, dang it all, I have to see him every 6 months for the next 5 years. At first, I was mad about that, but then decided it will be nice to have someone watching out for me, cancer wise.

So, anyway, I guess I passed all their tests and am now NED...No Evidence of Disease~!! I celebrated today by walking my old route, 2.5 miles (it's 89 out, I figured I could sweat off a few pounds). First, I scared DH cos I just left and didn't tell him where I was going (I thought he was sleeping), and second, it took me 35 minutes to do what used to take 20. Well, I did have to stop and have some neighborhood kids show me how to do a way cool trick with a pop bottle and a tire pump (man, that thing flew!) and check out some landscaping and search for the right music on the iPod...but I eventually got it done. Oh, and I'm breaking in new walking shoes.

I figure if I do my walk at least 4 times a week, that's good. I'm losing weight, but not in the right places. You know how some of us lose weight first in the one place we don't want to, our boobs? Well, when one bewb is real, and the other one doesn't lose weight along with it.... think I'll have to be ordering some new stuff.

And it's still 89 out, and I'm sitting on the back porch..I feel like this summer just flew by and I didn't get enough porch time in. So, I"ll take it now. And, it's a great place to do online window shopping (LLBean has free shipping till December, Chadwick's clothes have gotten ugly...what's a good site?)

Oh, and now that I consider myself a survivor, I WILL wear pink. I wore pink socks and a pink Yukon hat hubby got me on the AlCan. Pink doesn't make me want to grab scissors anymore! 

Lastly, a huge shout out and thanks to all the Monks for helping see me thru this...but especially to Trimmy. Without the music I'd a been a goner!!!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #489 on: August 29, 2010, 07:13:53 PM »

UPdate:

I can't remember if I told you Monks this, but I had both my radiation and med onc check ups on Tuesday. I got to fire my radiation oncologist!!!! Woo hoo! My med onc doc, on the other hand, got all scared looking when I said I wanted to fire him. Which is weird, cos he and I have the same totally warped sense of humor!  He looked all concerned and said "But why? I thought you liked me?!" I laughed and told him I thought that after that appointment, I'd never have to see him again. Well, dang it all, I have to see him every 6 months for the next 5 years. At first, I was mad about that, but then decided it will be nice to have someone watching out for me, cancer wise.

So, anyway, I guess I passed all their tests and am now NED...No Evidence of Disease~!! I celebrated today by walking my old route, 2.5 miles (it's 89 out, I figured I could sweat off a few pounds). First, I scared DH cos I just left and didn't tell him where I was going (I thought he was sleeping), and second, it took me 35 minutes to do what used to take 20. Well, I did have to stop and have some neighborhood kids show me how to do a way cool trick with a pop bottle and a tire pump (man, that thing flew!) and check out some landscaping and search for the right music on the iPod...but I eventually got it done. Oh, and I'm breaking in new walking shoes.

I figure if I do my walk at least 4 times a week, that's good. I'm losing weight, but not in the right places. You know how some of us lose weight first in the one place we don't want to, our boobs? Well, when one bewb is real, and the other one doesn't lose weight along with it.... think I'll have to be ordering some new stuff.

And it's still 89 out, and I'm sitting on the back porch..I feel like this summer just flew by and I didn't get enough porch time in. So, I"ll take it now. And, it's a great place to do online window shopping (LLBean has free shipping till December, Chadwick's clothes have gotten ugly...what's a good site?)

Oh, and now that I consider myself a survivor, I WILL wear pink. I wore pink socks and a pink Yukon hat hubby got me on the AlCan. Pink doesn't make me want to grab scissors anymore! 

Lastly, a huge shout out and thanks to all the Monks for helping see me thru this...but especially to Trimmy. Without the music I'd a been a goner!!!

Woo Hoo 

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #490 on: August 29, 2010, 07:16:36 PM »

UPdate:

Thanks for the update, Tevye, and congrats!

We are all so proud of you and your progress fighting that nasty cancer!

We all look up to you and your 'tude. It's just so inspiring.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: August 29, 2010, 07:25:08 PM »

Hello Monks---A beautiful Sunday here in E. TN.  Still hot though.

Trim's neighbors sound like bad news.  The cross thing would have upset me. I grew up in the south and one of my neighbors made crosses to burn on people's lawns.  He made them in his basement.  We kids would sneak over and peek through the basement windows.  The weren't burned on African-American yards exclusively.  Sometimes they would burn them on the lawn of a white man who was cheating on his wife, stuff like that.  No, we don't do that anymore.

But let me tell you about my deceased neighbor.  In fact, I was at his house when he died.  His daughter had asked me to go over and give him his morphine, but he was too far gone when I got there so I stayed with his wife until her daughters came.  I was friends with this man for 20 years.  I knew he was a little odd, but hey, this is Tennessee.  They were my closest neighbors, closest in distance.  I have five acres, he had about 20 so I couldn't see their house most of the time.  Anyway after he died about six months ago, his wife told me that she had found out he was a pedophile, that he had raped her daughter beginning when she was about three years old until she was in her later teens.  I knew this girl's husband was about 40 years older than she and thought that odd, but it turns out she married him to escape her step-father.  His wife claims she knew nothing about it.  She said that she would put the little girl in bed with him while she finished up dishes, etc. and then put her to bed.  Well, I don't think it would be possible not to know this was going on.  She wants me to tell her it wasn't her fault but I won't do it because I think she probably knew.  I want her to admit she knew, but she denies knowing.   This is all unspoken, but an undercurrent. She said her daughter told her about this after he died.  I can't speak to the daughter because she doesn't know I know.  I am very fond of the daughter.

On one of the other threads, I think it was Kyron's, someone was talking last week about this kind of thing lasting until the victim was 17-18.  I just don't understand how that would happen.  I wish whoever it was would explain it to me so I could understand my friend's daughter more.

ASorry to be such a downer, but this has upset me a lot thinking about that dirty old man and a three year old.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: August 29, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »

That is so wonderful Tevye  an angelic monkey And the walking part is great, and that was fast with your walking, considering it is hot and you had new shoes on.  Tevye, 4 Donks, and Babybear are all cancer survivors if I forgot someone, I apologize  an angelic monkey
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #493 on: August 29, 2010, 07:30:22 PM »

Trim's neighbors sound like bad news.  The cross thing would have upset me. I grew up in the south and one of my neighbors made crosses to burn on people's lawns.  He made them in his basement.  We kids would sneak over and peek through the basement windows.  The weren't burned on African-American yards exclusively.  Sometimes they would burn them on the lawn of a white man who was cheating on his wife, stuff like that.  No, we don't do that anymore.

But let me tell you about my deceased neighbor.  In fact, I was at his house when he died.  His daughter had asked me to go over and give him his morphine, but he was too far gone when I got there so I stayed with his wife until her daughters came.  I was friends with this man for 20 years.  I knew he was a little odd, but hey, this is Tennessee.  They were my closest neighbors, closest in distance.  I have five acres, he had about 20 so I couldn't see their house most of the time.  Anyway after he died about six months ago, his wife told me that she had found out he was a pedophile, that he had raped her daughter beginning when she was about three years old until she was in her later teens.  I knew this girl's husband was about 40 years older than she and thought that odd, but it turns out she married him to escape her step-father.  His wife claims she knew nothing about it.  She said that she would put the little girl in bed with him while she finished up dishes, etc. and then put her to bed.  Well, I don't think it would be possible not to know this was going on.  She wants me to tell her it wasn't her fault but I won't do it because I think she probably knew.  I want her to admit she knew, but she denies knowing.   This is all unspoken, but an undercurrent. She said her daughter told her about this after he died.  I can't speak to the daughter because she doesn't know I know.  I am very fond of the daughter.

On one of the other threads, I think it was Kyron's, someone was talking last week about this kind of thing lasting until the victim was 17-18.  I just don't understand how that would happen.  I wish whoever it was would explain it to me so I could understand my friend's daughter more.

ASorry to be such a downer, but this has upset me a lot thinking about that dirty old man and a three year old.
Often times the mother will be in denial. She may know deep down inside but for financial and emotional reasond stays with the abuser.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: August 29, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »

UPdate:

Tevye a retired marine friend of mine told me "you didn't survive cancer he11..YOU KICKED CANCER'S BUTT" and gave me a tshirt with that in big red letters. You have earned that shirt

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: August 29, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »

UPdate:

Tevye a retired marine friend of mine told me "you didn't survive cancer he11..YOU KICKED CANCER'S BUTT" and gave me a tshirt with that in big red letters. You have earned that shirt
4donks, the red cowboy boots Bob is wearing were given to me by a friend, to KICK CANCER'S ASS! So far, so good...cept I think my feet grew, so now I need to take them tromping thru the swamp and stretch them out a bit.

I know I could not have done it without knowing there were so many people, family, friends, monks, looking to me to be an example. Our mom raised us to be independent, take care of ourselves, and above all, NO WHINING! Dang, that last one was hard to remember over the last year, but I could come here and whine all I wanted...and it was ok. I totally got what I needed...which some days was an infusion of liquid backbone!

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #496 on: August 29, 2010, 07:53:04 PM »

That is so wonderful Tevye  an angelic monkey And the walking part is great, and that was fast with your walking, considering it is hot and you had new shoes on.  Tevye, 4 Donks, and Babybear are all cancer survivors if I forgot someone, I apologize  an angelic monkey

Thanks for remembering that, NoRosie.  My sister gave me a little angel for my hospital room and I passed it on to a man who's wife had cancer and I understand it's been passed on and on. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: August 29, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »

Thanks for remembering that, NoRosie.  My sister gave me a little angel for my hospital room and I passed it on to a man who's wife had cancer and I understand it's been passed on and on. 
When I started treatment a group of friends got the LIVESTRONG bracelets from Lance Armstrong's Foundation and gave me one. Everyone including me are still wearing them..I'm on my 3rd one. It reminds me how important your friends are during this time.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #498 on: August 29, 2010, 08:00:06 PM »

UPdate:

I am SOOOO HAPPY for you!!!  Where shall I send the pink?

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #499 on: August 29, 2010, 08:01:42 PM »

[snippage]
  Well, I don't think it would be possible not to know this was going on.  She wants me to tell her it wasn't her fault but I won't do it because I think she probably knew.  I want her to admit she knew, but she denies knowing.   This is all unspoken, but an undercurrent. She said her daughter told her about this after he died.  I can't speak to the daughter because she doesn't know I know.  I am very fond of the daughter.

From the daughter's point of view, she may have told her mother, and her mother shut her down. Once ya tell your mom something like that and she doesn't believe you, believe me, you stop talking about it...to anyone. I mean, if Mom won't believe you, who will? If the one person whose job it is to have your back lets you down, why bother? (knowing of what I speak here)

From the mom's perspective, if she knew, she had to figure out, real fast, how this would affect the family. In family sytems theory, this would be the boulder that got thrown in the pond of the family life. In Mom's mind, it was easier to maintain status quo, and just ignore it. Later, the mom will feel guilty. And you are right, she is looking to you to tell her she did the right thing. She's seeking forgiveness..but from the wrong person. She needs to have a talk with her daughter, and she needs to tell her daughter she believes her. Mom has to accept her portion of the guilt.

Many girls tolerate this abuse because Daddy has told them if they tell, the whole family will fall apart, and it will be the daughter's fault. Also, Dad makes sure to tell them that no one will believe them (which is proven true when Mom refuses to believe). In many cases, the girls put up with it to keep the family together, which is why the mom looks the other way...and Daddy skates.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.