March 28, 2024, 06:31:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #846 9/12/10 - 9/21/10  (Read 215361 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #400 on: September 17, 2010, 02:21:19 AM »

A LIFE FOREVER CHANGED

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway

Page 23
:  Rested and refreshed, we leave Memphis late Monday morning with Linda driving and Marilyn up front with her.  I take the backseat.  We sail along, chatting like we alway do, talking about our plans for another road trip one day soon.  Marilyn and I are happily speculating about what our daughters' reactions will be when they open their presents to find a set of extraordinary Wizard of Oz figures.  Natalee will gasp with excitement when she sees these.  Before we know it, we've crossed over into Mississippi.  Somewhere amid our conversation, between the chuckles and the small talk, my cell phone rings. I don't recognize the number, but answer it anyway, which I usually don't do.

It's a young girl.  "Mrs. Twitty?  My mom ... umm ... my mom, she umm ... wants to talk to you."  It's the daughter of Judi, the travel agent.  She developed appendicitis right before the trip, so she and Jodi didn't get to go to Aruba.  They are in Birmingham.  It seems like an eternity before Jodi takes the phone.

"Tell me what's going on," I say in a voice much firmer than the one I usually hear coming from my mouth.

She simply says, "Natalee didn't show up this morning to get on the plane."

And instantly I know.  It's more than a mother's intuition.  It's certainty.  Something terrible has happened.  I have just answered the proverbial dreaded phone call that no mother or father every wants to receive.  The one we fear from the moment our children are born.  The one that changes a parent's life forever

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
crazybabyborg
« Reply #401 on: September 17, 2010, 03:15:22 AM »

Mother Of Natalee Holloway Detained Inside Joran van der Sloot's Prison
By chrisa
Created 09/17/2010 - 2:01am

The mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway was detained in Peru after sneaking into the prison where suspect Joran van der Sloot is being held, according to local media reports.

Beth Holloway was removed by Peruvian authorities after allegedly sneaking a hidden camera into the Castro Castro Prison where the prime suspect in the mysterious disappearance of her daughter is jailed on another murder charge.

PHOTOS:  Joran Van Der Sloot Taken Into Custody

van der Sloot is currently awaiting trial for the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores in May of this year.

Holloway was reportedly able to speak to van der Sloot for five minutes. She was accompanied by a Dutch journalist, Peter de Vries, who is investigating her daughter's disappearance for a television program, the Peruvian news program 24 HORAS is reporting.

PHOTOS: Celebs Involved With Murder

She was eventually removed by law enforcement authorities because she did not have permission to talk to him.

PHOTOS:  Joran Van Der Sloot With Murder Victim Hours Before Her Death

Gyofred Munoz Care, a reporter with 24 Horas, told NBC News that Holloway-Twitty traveled to Peru expressly to talk to Van der Sloot with de Vries and other Dutch journalists.

"When Beth asked direct questions about the crime, he refused to answer without having his lawyer present," the reporter said.

The FBI and the U.S. Embassy in Peru has been unable to confirm whether Holloway was arrested.

Previously, Dutchman van der Sloot has admitted extorting money from Holloway's parents. In an interview with Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, van der Sloot confessed to taking money from the Holloways in return for revealing the location of her body.

He was indicted in the U.S. in June for extortion after being caught in an FBI sting, however, the place he indicated as Holloway's burial site turned out to be bogus.

Holloway was last seen alive with him on the Caribbean resort island of Aruba in 2005.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/09/breaking-news-mother-natalee-holloway-arrested-inside-joran-van-der-sloots-prison
crazybabyborg
« Reply #402 on: September 17, 2010, 04:47:11 AM »

This was published at approx. 4:00am Eastern, from Fox News. Bolded by me.

Holloway's Mom Confronts Van der Sloot in Jail

Published September 17, 2010 | FoxNews.com

The mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway confronted suspect Joran Van der Sloot in a Peruvian prison after sneaking in with a Dutch journalist, local media reported Friday.
Van der Sloot, 22, is being held in a maximum security prison in Lima, pending trial for allegedly beating to death 21-year-old Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room in May.

He is the prime suspect in the 2005 disappearance of 18-year-old Holloway in the Dutch Caribbean island of Aruba.

Beth Holloway, formerly Beth Twitty, entered the Castro Castro Prison with Dutch TV journalist Peter de Vries, who is investigating her daughter's disappearance. Holloway managed to speak to Van der Sloot for about five minutes, Peru's 24 Horas reported, but was removed from the facility after it was found she did not have permission to speak to him.

"Beth Twitty and Joran van der Sloot met and they spoke for five minutes," Gyofred Munoz Care, a reporter with 24 Horas, told NBC.

"But when Beth Twitty asked direct questions about the crime, he refused to answer without having his lawyer present."

Van der Sloot's lawyer, Maximo Altez, told NBC that "the Dutch media is using Beth Holloway to create a TV special which would include her, the Flores family, and an interview with Joran van der Sloot."

A grand jury in Alabama, where Natalee Holloway lived, indicted Van der Sloot on June 30 for wire fraud and extortion. He allegedly demanded $250,000 from Beth Holloway to tell her where to find her missing daughter's remains.

Van der Sloot was arrested twice in the Holloway case and spent three months in jail but was never charged. Holloway's body has never been found.

In May, he traveled to Lima, where he allegedly killed Flores after she stumbled upon computer files with information on the Holloway case.

NewsCore contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/09/17/holloways-mother-van-der-sloot-jail/
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: September 17, 2010, 05:37:40 AM »

Yet another take. I guess de Vries is doing another show, re. the Peru angle?

I have to say that the initial (conflicting) "reports" don't make any sense to me - notably Beth sneaking in, with a hidden cam no less. Sounds confabulated.

I also have issues with the Sheraton, if indeed "the receptionist" told CNN (or anyone) that Holloway was in her room (as stated in article below).

It goes on to say that a woman answered in English early Friday morning.  How early could that have been? Isn't Friday visitors' day? But maybe visitors' day didn't have anything to do with it - special arrangement for a Thursday visit, perhaps?

Again, no sense to me. Something's missing.

Bold in the article below is by me.

(CNN) -- The mother of missing American teen Natalee Holloway was in Peru Friday with a Dutch documentary maker -- and made a trip to the jail where the man suspected in Holloway's disappearance sits.

Producers for the the Dutch journalist who is accompanying Beth Holloway posted a note on his official website that said the journalist, Peter de Vries, and the mother made a trip to Castro Castro prison.

But de Vries did not explicitly say whether the pair met with the suspect, Joran Van der Sloot. The post also did not say when the two made the trip.

He denied media reports that jail authorities detained them and confiscated the documentary crew's gear.

Peru's 24 Horas television station reported that Holloway spoke to van der Sloot for about five minutes before she and the crew were removed from the jail.

But Vries said the crew did not break any rules and jail officials knew of their visit.

Early Friday morning, the receptionist at the Sheraton hotel in Lima, Peru, told CNN that Holloway was in her room, where she checked in by herself.

A woman in the room answered the phone in English, then immediately hung up.

Van der Sloot is jailed awaiting trial on a murder charge in the death of Peruvian student Stephany Flores.

< snipped - more background at link below >

http://www.cnn.com//2010/CRIME/09/17/holloway.case/index.html

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: September 17, 2010, 06:36:30 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39225781/ns/world_news-americas/
Natalee Holloway's mother sneaks into jail,  confronts suspect
'She's still looking for answers ... she wants to bring her daughter home'
NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 1 hour 51 minutes ago
Share Print Font: +-Missing teenager Natalee Holloway's mother sneaked into the Peruvian prison where suspect Joran van der Sloot is being held and confronted him about fate of her daughter.

Beth Holloway-Twitty's lawyer confirmed that the woman arrived at Castro Castro Prison with a Dutch journalist, Peter de Vries, who is investigating her daughter's disappearance for Dutch television.

Holloway-Twitty reportedly spoke to Van der Sloot for about five minutes Wednesday before authorities removed her because she did not have permission to talk to him.
Peruvian authorities are holding Van der Sloot on charges that he killed another woman, Stephany Flores, in his hotel room in Lima, Peru, on May 30 — 5 years to the day after Holloway's disappearance.

Holloway was last seen alive with Van der Sloot on the Caribbean resort island of Aruba in 2005. He has publicly said killed the teen several times before retracting his confessions.

John Kelly, attorney for Holloway-Twitty, confirmed she had met Van der Sloot. It was her first face-to-face meeting with him since the night after her daughter disappeared, he said.
She's still looking for answers about her daughter," Kelly told NBC News. "She wants to bring her daughter home."
Asked if it was a good idea for Holloway to have this meeting, Kelly said: "I can give her legal advice. She's a mother without a daughter. I know she didn't tell me ahead of time because I would have asked her to exercise a little more caution."

Gyofred Munoz Care, a reporter with Peruvian news program 24 HORAS, told NBC News that Van der Sloot "refused to answer" Holloway-Twitty's direct questions about her daughter's disappearance.

However, Van der Sloot's lawyer, Maximo Altez, told NBC News that the face-to-face meeting had lasted "less than one minute."

Altez told NBC News that the visit was intended "to create a TV special which would include her, the Flores family, and an interview with Joran van der Sloot."

According to Altez, the Dutch media "snuck Beth Holloway-Twitty into Castro Castro without identifying who she was and put her face-to-face with Van der Sloot."

She told Van der Sloot that she had "no hate in her soul" for him, Altez told NBC News, at which point the Dutchman handed her Altez's business card, claiming that he could not speak to her without his lawyer present.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #405 on: September 17, 2010, 08:03:18 AM »

A meeting between Beth and the Ramirez family.  A meeting that would have never happened if Aruba had done its job. 

Not sure I can agree with that. Even if Joran had been sent to prison for Natalee's murder/killing, he would probably already have been released long before now...ready to kill again.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: September 17, 2010, 08:31:59 AM »

CBS Morning Show, with Harry Smith, is going to talk about Beth in Castro Castro in a few minutes.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: September 17, 2010, 08:50:52 AM »

I understood the CBS report to say that Beth is detained in Peru.  I took that to mean
something like she was told not to leave the country.

Harry Smith said that there is obviously more to this story than we are being told right now.
He said we will have to wait for Beth to get back to the US to get the true story.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: September 17, 2010, 09:00:52 AM »

NBC Today Show has JQK on:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/39228890#39228890
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #409 on: September 17, 2010, 09:04:42 AM »

Dutch to English translation
Peter and Beth Holloway in Peru

Following several - false - press releases, please let Peter know the following:

* Yes, he has been some time in Peru - Lima - along with Beth Holloway and a camera crew.
    * Yes, he is with Beth in the Castro Castro prison where Joran van der Sloot is.
    * No, neither Beth nor Peter, nor any other member of the crew has been detained or put down. Every message that states or suggests is completely untrue.
    * No, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, Beth, Peter and the crew seized associated with hidden camera equipment or recording thereof.
    * There is Beth, Peter and the crew nothing, absolutely nothing, made or done that was contrary to previous agreements and rules in Peru and / or the Castro Castro prison.
    * By Peter and director Kees van der Spek will be a documentary on the activities with Beth Holloway, who soon will be broadcast by SBS 6. This will be explained for what purpose exactly Beth and Peter have traveled to Peru and what the findings are.

Editors Peter R. de Vries

http://www.peterrdevries.nl/nieuws/peter-en-beth-holloway-in-peru/

picture at site.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #410 on: September 17, 2010, 09:08:17 AM »

Perhaps William Tuckett's family needed someone to take a bag of clothes to him and Beth just happened to bump into Joran.   Wink
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: September 17, 2010, 09:18:48 AM »

Whatever may have happened with Beth in Peru in regard to Joran and CastroCastro is good imo, because it brings out Natalee's name and her case back into the spotlight and the headlines.   I don't care how many times and how how long some try, and how hard some may wish, it's just not going away.  Again, jmo.  Beth Holloway is right on!!       Justice for Natalee 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #412 on: September 17, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »

I just posted this in the Oil & Gas thread, but figured I'd put it here, too, fwiw.

Energy
Valero:To Make Decision On Restarting Aruba Plant In Dec Or Jan
By Naureen S. Malik

Published September 16, 2010
| Dow Jones Newswires
  Print   Email   Share   Comments (0)   Text Size  NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- Valero Energy Corp.'s (VLO: 17.22 ,0.00 ,0.00%) chief executive said the company won't make a decision whether to restart its idled Aruba refinery, undergoing maintenance activity, until late 2010 or early 2011.

Maintenance activity is ongoing at the refinery and it will "probably be late December or January when we have to face [the] decision" to restart it, CEO Bill Klesse said at the Barclays Capital energy conference Thursday morning.

In early June, the independent refinery company had said a decision would be made soon after completing a 90-day turnaround, should it be profitable to do so.

The 235,000-barrel-a-day refinery was Valero's most profitable plant in the first quarter of 2009 but the company was forced to shut it that July when margins collapsed as the discount on heavy, sour crude narrowed versus the premium light, sweet crude.

The $50 million turnaround work announced this summer, which included upgrades to the large crude and coking units, was meant to make the plant more efficient.

Valero has been trying to find a buyer for the refinery for over a year. Other options the company is considering include a joint venture partner, supply agreement or operating agreement, Valero spokesman Bill Day said in an email Thursday.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/09/16/valeroto-make-decision-restarting-aruba-plant-dec-jan/

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:21 AM »

I just posted this in the Oil & Gas thread, but figured I'd put it here, too, fwiw.

Energy
Valero:To Make Decision On Restarting Aruba Plant In Dec Or Jan
By Naureen S. Malik

Published September 16, 2010
| Dow Jones Newswires
  Print   Email   Share   Comments (0)   Text Size  NEW YORK -(Dow Jones)- Valero Energy Corp.'s (VLO: 17.22 ,0.00 ,0.00%) chief executive said the company won't make a decision whether to restart its idled Aruba refinery, undergoing maintenance activity, until late 2010 or early 2011.

Maintenance activity is ongoing at the refinery and it will "probably be late December or January when we have to face [the] decision" to restart it, CEO Bill Klesse said at the Barclays Capital energy conference Thursday morning.

In early June, the independent refinery company had said a decision would be made soon after completing a 90-day turnaround, should it be profitable to do so.

The 235,000-barrel-a-day refinery was Valero's most profitable plant in the first quarter of 2009 but the company was forced to shut it that July when margins collapsed as the discount on heavy, sour crude narrowed versus the premium light, sweet crude.

The $50 million turnaround work announced this summer, which included upgrades to the large crude and coking units, was meant to make the plant more efficient.

Valero has been trying to find a buyer for the refinery for over a year. Other options the company is considering include a joint venture partner, supply agreement or operating agreement, Valero spokesman Bill Day said in an email Thursday.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2010/09/16/valeroto-make-decision-restarting-aruba-plant-dec-jan/

Who needs a refinery??  They're going to be a fashion mecca.   
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #414 on: September 17, 2010, 09:30:35 AM »

Buckeye!       

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: September 17, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

Dutch to English translation
Peter and Beth Holloway in Peru

Following several - false - press releases, please let Peter know the following:

* Yes, he has been some time in Peru - Lima - along with Beth Holloway and a camera crew.
    * Yes, he is with Beth in the Castro Castro prison where Joran van der Sloot is.
    * No, neither Beth nor Peter, nor any other member of the crew has been detained or put down. Every message that states or suggests is completely untrue.
    * No, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, Beth, Peter and the crew seized associated with hidden camera equipment or recording thereof.
    * There is Beth, Peter and the crew nothing, absolutely nothing, made or done that was contrary to previous agreements and rules in Peru and / or the Castro Castro prison.
    * By Peter and director Kees van der Spek will be a documentary on the activities with Beth Holloway, who soon will be broadcast by SBS 6. This will be explained for what purpose exactly Beth and Peter have traveled to Peru and what the findings are.

Editors Peter R. de Vries

picture at site.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:35:16 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: September 17, 2010, 09:39:04 AM »

I love JQK, he's the best! 
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: September 17, 2010, 09:40:31 AM »

Thanks Klaas.  I've never mastered pictures.

The Today video is great (hint, hint).  I really can't do the clicky direct link thing.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: September 17, 2010, 09:46:56 AM »

I do too !!

I don't give a flying you-know what any critic has to say about Beth's trip to see the GOON.

He's done nothing but fan the flame of pain for this family throughout, with his juvenile and sick wanting to get even that they even tried to make him accountable. He should have been institutionalized long ago and we can thank Anita and Paulus for ensuring he was not.

He looks even more sinister with that big goon head and 'dead eyes' in each new video and photo of him, he's really in his element now in that prison and all of his true colors are out.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: September 17, 2010, 09:49:17 AM »

Soon a documentary on the activities with Beth Holloway
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.