April 26, 2024, 02:19:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride For Their Lives  (Read 2785 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 30, 2010, 05:35:14 PM »

Brought to our attention by Amanda Reconwith

"Ride For Their Lives"

Ed Smart and Ahmad Rivasfar are cycling 3500 miles cross-country to call attention to the need to keep our children safe.
Laws have passed to help protect children, but many states are not compliant due to lack of funding!

The focus is on 4 main legislative issues surrounding child abuse and abduction cases:
*DNA Collection on Felony Arrest
*Protect Our Children Act of 2008
*The Adam Walsh Protection and Safety Act
*Not One More Child

http://ridefortheirlives.com/

They are also on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/RideForTheirLives?ref=ts

Archive album with start-to-finish coverage,
including info about the purpose, pics and vids in each city:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Ride%20For%20Their%20Lives/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »

Chuck Cox, father of missing daughter, supports 'Ride for Their Lives'
September 3rd, 2010 9:14 am PT

September 3, 2010 - Chuck Cox will meet with Ed Smart and Ahmad Rivazfar in Salt Lake City on September 10. Smart and Rivazfar began their ride on Aug. 21 from Rochester, New York, to Los Angeles, California, ending September 22.

Chuck, Ed, and Ahmad are fathers with something in common - their daughters went missing.

Two disappeared when they were children, one when she was adult.

But in all cases, these were "daddy's little girls," and no matter how young or how old they are when they go missing, the devastation of their disappearance is immense.

Chuck Cox’s daughter, Susan Cox Powell, 28, was reported missing December 7, 2009. Susan is a devoted mother to two small boys. Her family and friends know that she would never voluntarily be separated from them.

Susan was last seen in her home in West Valley City, Utah on December 6, 2009. Susan’s husband, Josh Powell, continues to evade police questioning. Police have an open invitation for Josh to come speak with them, and they strongly encourage him to do so.

Instead, within a month of Susan’s disappearance he moved with their children out of state.

Susan remains missing and her husband, Josh Powell, remains the only person of interest in what police call a missing person’s case with suspicious criminal overtones.

Click here for Susan’s story, click here to read about, and watch, Josh’s infamous “Blue Cap Interview.”

Ed Smart’s daughter, Elizabeth, went missing June 5, 2002. She was kidnapped from her bedroom and found alive nine months later on March 12, 2003, just a few miles from her home with her captors.

Ed has become a nationally renowned spokesman for child protection, advocating for legislation and non-profit organizations that focus on the prevention and recovery of missing children.

Ahmad Rivazfar is the father of seven children. When he divorced with his first wife he shared custody of their three children, two daughters and one son.

On September 22, 1988, his ex-wife’s boyfriend took the two girls from their mother’s home, drove to a remote area, raped them, cut their throats and left them to die. One survived, one did not.

One year later the surviving daughter’s testimony helped convict the murderer and he was sent to Florida’s death row. Ahmad was granted full custody.

He has gone on to become an active volunteer leader in his community and in the cause for protecting and recovering children from abuse and abduction.

Rivazfar hosts Sara’s Race in Rochester, New York, raising funds to help in missing person’s cases. Last year funds helped Rochester Crime Stoppers where he recently joined their all volunteer board.
http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-seattle/chuck-cox-father-of-missing-daughter-supports-ride-for-their-lives

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 09:29:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.