April 27, 2024, 05:07:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #27 9/06/10 - 9/12/2010  (Read 270441 times)
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: September 08, 2010, 08:39:31 PM »

Call me suspicious, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I think all of these agencies involved is just odd.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #321 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »

I know this is old news, but it has been bugging me a lot lately. Does anyone know if it is routine to have the secret service involved with missing childrens cases?

Can we have the list of law enforcement agencies that have assisted in the Kyron Horman investigation?

Gresham Police, Fairview Police, Troutdale Police, Portland Police, Port of Portland Police, Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office, Clackamas County DA MCT, Multnomah County DA’s investigators, Washington County District Attorney’s Office, Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Gladstone Police, Oregon City Police, Milwaukie Police, Canby Police, Lake Oswego Police, West Linn Police, Vancouver Police, Hillsboro Police, Beaverton Police, FBI, DEA, ICE, Secret Service, DOD Defense Criminal Investigative Services, Oregon DOJ, Oregon State Police.

This list does not include search and rescue resources.

Where did you get your list from?  Secret Service shocks me and I find it hard to believe.  Unless the SS is in charge of something I'm not aware of like the airports or border crossing.

I would like to know that also.

Here is a link to Secret Service and how they assist in missing children cases. 

http://www.secretservice.gov/partner_ncmec.shtml

They are the best with forensics, cell phones and other items available at this time.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #322 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »

http://www.secretservice.gov/criminal.shtml

Criminal Investigations

The United States Secret Service is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems. As a part of this mission, the Secret Service constantly implements and evaluates prevention and response measures to guard against electronic crimes as well as other computer related fraud. The Secret Service derives its authority to investigate specified criminal violations from Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 3056.

Criminal investigations can be international in scope. These investigations include: counterfeiting of U.S. currency (to include coins); counterfeiting of foreign currency (occurring domestically); identity crimes such as access device fraud, identity theft, false identification fraud, bank fraud and check fraud; telemarketing fraud; telecommunications fraud (cellular and hard wire); computer fraud; fraud targeting automated payment systems and teller machines; direct deposit fraud; investigations of forgery, uttering, alterations, false impersonations or false claims involving U.S. Treasury Checks, U.S. Saving Bonds, U.S. Treasury Notes, Bonds and Bills; electronic funds transfer (EFT) including Treasury disbursements and fraud within the Treasury payment systems; Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation investigations; Farm Credit Administration violations; and fictitious or fraudulent commercial instruments and foreign securities.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:58 PM »

Thanks.  There has to be a simple logical reason for the SS.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #324 on: September 08, 2010, 08:41:43 PM »

Lol Lazydog! You beat me to it!   

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #325 on: September 08, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »

Definitely not normal to have Secret Service involved.. only involved in cases involving fraud, kidnapping for ransom or threat to the nation from what I was told

Apart from looking after the important people in the country "The secret service also investigates financial crimes, such as counterfeiting and fraud."

Kyron's case must either be a suspected kidnapping for randsom or maybe some kind of corporate espionage blackmail/fraud is involved..

To date, I personally haven't seen any discussion on any of the forums of an Intel
involvement.  Odd, since there is also an airport close to where Kaine works at Intel.

What exactly is Kaine's job at Intel anyway?

Intel has NOTHING to do with this.

I bring this up since Kaine's computer was allegedly stolen and his possible job description at Intel.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #326 on: September 08, 2010, 08:47:28 PM »

Ok, gotta go. 

Tomorrow is Kyrons birthday. Sure would be great to have that little man be come home for his birthday!  an angelic monkey

The Monkeys love you Kyron!   

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: September 08, 2010, 08:48:34 PM »

http://www.secretservice.gov/criminal.shtml

Criminal Investigations

The United States Secret Service is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems. As a part of this mission, the Secret Service constantly implements and evaluates prevention and response measures to guard against electronic crimes as well as other computer related fraud. The Secret Service derives its authority to investigate specified criminal violations from Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 3056.

Criminal investigations can be international in scope. These investigations include: counterfeiting of U.S. currency (to include coins); counterfeiting of foreign currency (occurring domestically); identity crimes such as access device fraud, identity theft, false identification fraud, bank fraud and check fraud; telemarketing fraud; telecommunications fraud (cellular and hard wire); computer fraud; fraud targeting automated payment systems and teller machines; direct deposit fraud; investigations of forgery, uttering, alterations, false impersonations or false claims involving U.S. Treasury Checks, U.S. Saving Bonds, U.S. Treasury Notes, Bonds and Bills; electronic funds transfer (EFT) including Treasury disbursements and fraud within the Treasury payment systems; Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation investigations; Farm Credit Administration violations; and fictitious or fraudulent commercial instruments and foreign securities.

I still go back to my original theory that there was a ransom demand. It would explain why the parents were quiet in the very beginning and it would explain why all of these agencies are involved. JMO
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »

There is ... it's now part of the PROTECT Act of 2003 aka the Amber Alert Bill.  Any county or city can ask for help from the Secret Service from what I've read.

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2010, 08:52:19 PM »

Definitely not normal to have Secret Service involved.. only involved in cases involving fraud, kidnapping for ransom or threat to the nation from what I was told

Apart from looking after the important people in the country "The secret service also investigates financial crimes, such as counterfeiting and fraud."

Kyron's case must either be a suspected kidnapping for randsom or maybe some kind of corporate espionage blackmail/fraud is involved..

To date, I personally haven't seen any discussion on any of the forums of an Intel
involvement.  Odd, since there is also an airport close to where Kaine works at Intel.

What exactly is Kaine's job at Intel anyway?

Intel has NOTHING to do with this.

I bring this up since Kaine's computer was allegedly stolen and his possible job description at Intel.

Kaine's computer was not stolen. 
sackyattack
Scared Monkey

« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »

that makes sense, but why DEA?

when you're going through hell, just keep going
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #331 on: September 08, 2010, 08:55:51 PM »

I would guess at some level that some type of drug(s) were used somewhere in the commision of the "crime" .... would have to be some tie-in right?

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
sackyattack
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: September 08, 2010, 08:56:24 PM »

a ransom could be a source of income for a high priced defense attorney... *ducking* *i am soooo bad* hehee sorry

when you're going through hell, just keep going
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #333 on: September 08, 2010, 08:56:56 PM »

I wouldn't nomally do this.  But I need everyones help.  If you could go to musings, where this doesn't really fit. Check out my recent post my group needs your help. Prepare to cry and become extremely angry.  This will hurt I guarantee you.

NOTE:  I'm adding the link to Musings but I don't think the post is there yet

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=6981.msg1225612#new
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:00:05 PM by klaasend » Logged

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: September 08, 2010, 08:57:36 PM »

http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/progs.htm

Computer Forensic's Program maybe?

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: September 08, 2010, 08:59:40 PM »

Well... I clicked on the Nambla link and I was thoroughly disgusted.  I am truly sick of giving rights to every and anything.  I am sorry if this is offensive to anyone.  I just have old fashioned moral values...... and it is going to stay that way!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: September 08, 2010, 09:00:08 PM »

I know I am going to get lots of bananas thrown my way, but if it is as simple as TH (an unemployed housewife), having been the cause of Kyron's disappearance, do they really need that many law enforcement agencies on the case? Really? Maybe Terri was involved with a whole slew of other illegal activities that we have not been made aware of. If she has, she apparently has not been caught, but maybe has been under investigation for a long time? It just gets weirder and weirder. I so want Kyron home for his birthday! This is an innocent child for crying out loud. What is the matter with people? Ugh, this case is really getting to me!
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: September 08, 2010, 09:03:36 PM »

a ransom could be a source of income for a high priced defense attorney... *ducking* *i am soooo bad* hehee sorry

EXACTLY! And following this line of topic, maybe they did the drop, but Kyron was not delivered after all. Maybe TH deposited the money into an account under an alias? Perhaps LE has a trail but is just tying up the loose ends? I don't know what to believe anymore. I just remember how important birthdays were for me at Kyron's age. He does not deserve not being able to celebrate his birthday with his family!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:53 PM »

I know I am going to get lots of bananas thrown my way, but if it is as simple as TH (an unemployed housewife), having been the cause of Kyron's disappearance, do they really need that many law enforcement agencies on the case? Really? Maybe Terri was involved with a whole slew of other illegal activities that we have not been made aware of. If she has, she apparently has not been caught, but maybe has been under investigation for a long time? It just gets weirder and weirder. I so want Kyron home for his birthday! This is an innocent child for crying out loud. What is the matter with people? Ugh, this case is really getting to me!

I don't think it's at all unusual for different law enforcement agencies to assist one another.  They may share information, equipment, expertise and etc.  (collaborate?)  Each agency may not be all that  deeply involved, perhaps they consult with one another and etc.  JMHO 

I hope Kyron can be found soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2010, 09:21:33 PM »

Wasn't secret service involved with Caylee's disappearance? I thought they did something with cell phone data.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.