April 27, 2024, 01:16:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #27 9/06/10 - 9/12/2010  (Read 270418 times)
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #680 on: September 10, 2010, 11:09:15 PM »

I just have to wonder how often our children are unsupervised at school functions. One example of this (that I was never concerned about until Kyron) is the Donuts with Dad and Muffins with Mom that our school puts on. The appropriate parent goes to the school, has "breakfast" with their child. They ask that when the family is finished that the parent leaves and the child goes out to the playground until the bell rings. Sammi loves it because she feels like it is an extra recess and I have always allowed her to do this. Because you know she is at the school and no harm can come to her. Never again. Anyway the thought I am getting at is how many unsupervised functions go on in the school? I know book fair time they can go to the book fair by themselves after they finish their test, they have Cosi day, where there are hundreds of people floating around. How many more?

I don't know but children should never be on the playground without adult supervision.  In my town the schools have people who are always out there with the kids.  Now I am thinking about the fact that we just built a new elementary school away from the main HWY that runs thru our town.  I hope while they were building this in the last year they installed all the security cameras.  We have one school still left out on the Hwy I am hoping that in the next few years they will get that one moved off the Hwy also.  It is our middle school. 

They are supervised on the playground, but the lunchroom is on one end of the school and the door to the playground is on the other end. For a small town our school district is huge. It actually covers 4 small towns and all the rural in between. Our new elementary school is state of the art (thank God). Cameras, all the doors are locked and you have to be buzzed in, and the playground is completely fenced in with the outside gate being locked during school hours (12 foot fence). It was new last year. I think with all of these horrible events happening to our children that the schools are wising up.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: September 10, 2010, 11:12:05 PM »

I just have to wonder how often our children are unsupervised at school functions. One example of this (that I was never concerned about until Kyron) is the Donuts with Dad and Muffins with Mom that our school puts on. The appropriate parent goes to the school, has "breakfast" with their child. They ask that when the family is finished that the parent leaves and the child goes out to the playground until the bell rings. Sammi loves it because she feels like it is an extra recess and I have always allowed her to do this. Because you know she is at the school and no harm can come to her. Never again. Anyway the thought I am getting at is how many unsupervised functions go on in the school? I know book fair time they can go to the book fair by themselves after they finish their test, they have Cosi day, where there are hundreds of people floating around. How many more?

My grandson is living with me and he started kindergarten last week. I drive him, walk him to the line and stay there till he is INSIDE the door. Would it surprise you if I told you that I am only 1 of a small handfull - maybe 3 or 4 other parents that stay till their little one is inside the door? It's always a madhouse in the mornings in the parking lot and all around the school. After school it is very chaotic. I know for a fact that someone could do the unimaginable. EASILY. Last night the school had a hot dog picnic on the field. It was alot of fun, but there were children running everywhere, clumps of parents milling around and again, yes, if someone had the intent to take a child.......

I hear you Spodie. After Amber Dubois went missing in the next town over from me, I was shocked to see so many girls walking to and from school alone. I am lucky in that I am self employed and can drive my daughter to and from school. I would not even want her walking from the school bus stop alone! I drive her nuts, but I would rather be safe than sorry!
Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #682 on: September 10, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »

Can someone tell me......is RS in the US illegally?

According to Blink's lastest reporting - RS was furious with Terri calling the police because he is not in the US legally.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/09/09/kyron-horman-missing-case-review-and-birthday-wishes-to-the-frog-prince/

Then he is in jail?  But Blinks article says he has not been charged with any crime? Does anyone know HOW the system works when someone is in the US illegally? I thought they were taken into custody and deported.....no?

i havent seen any thing even insinuating that LS is illegal, i believe that this is another case of th muddying waters, if he was illegal i doubt that they would have him out conducting business and free., my opinion

I agree, but according to Blinks article, he is not in jail.... And also in Blinks article it says he is illegal.......what gives? need a resolution to this....
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #683 on: September 10, 2010, 11:15:48 PM »

My grandson is living with me and he started kindergarten last week. I drive him, walk him to the line and stay there till he is INSIDE the door. Would it surprise you if I told you that I am only 1 of a small handfull - maybe 3 or 4 other parents that stay till their little one is inside the door? It's always a madhouse in the mornings in the parking lot and all around the school. After school it is very chaotic. I know for a fact that someone could do the unimaginable. EASILY. Last night the school had a hot dog picnic on the field. It was alot of fun, but there were children running everywhere, clumps of parents milling around and again, yes, if someone had the intent to take a child.......

I so agree with you Spodie.  I walk Sammi to school everyday and pick her up, she is also a "grand" daughter that we have adopted. I can not believe the amount of people who let their k-3rd graders walk to and from school by themselves. We are a very small town and have 3 RSO and numerous others who do not have to register. Our main street is a state route. Just tonight I saw 3 little boys after school walking around looking for their mother. The one finally said well lets just walk home it isn't that far. All 3rd grade and under. I had the car so I kinda followed them all the way to their house and low and behold there sat mom in the front yard drinking a glass of tea and talking to the neighbor.

Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #684 on: September 10, 2010, 11:19:50 PM »

I hear you Spodie. After Amber Dubois went missing in the next town over from me, I was shocked to see so many girls walking to and from school alone. I am lucky in that I am self employed and can drive my daughter to and from school. I would not even want her walking from the school bus stop alone! I drive her nuts, but I would rather be safe than sorry!

At the picnic, my grandson wanted to go on the Pump It Up Slide and where we were sitting I could see him, but there was just so many people moving around....I immediately felt the "fear" and then thought oh geeeez,,so then I started saying the ole, "now if someone grabs you, what do you do?  Yes, scream loud, fight, kick,, and I'm going on and on. My grandson is looking at me and finally with a confused look says,,,wellllllll......How about you just come with me...It's sad to fill them with fear, or call it caution if you will, but either way...its sad. But necessary.
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #685 on: September 10, 2010, 11:22:17 PM »

At the picnic, my grandson wanted to go on the Pump It Up Slide and where we were sitting I could see him, but there was just so many people moving around....I immediately felt the "fear" and then thought oh geeeez,,so then I started saying the ole, "now if someone grabs you, what do you do?  Yes, scream loud, fight, kick,, and I'm going on and on. My grandson is looking at me and finally with a confused look says,,,wellllllll......How about you just come with me...It's sad to fill them with fear, or call it caution if you will, but either way...its sad. But necessary.
[/quote]

I understand. Sammi told me she was old enough to walk to school by herself. I said nope. She said how old will I be when I am allowed to go by myself, and of course the smart woman that I am said "we will talk about it when you start college."

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #686 on: September 10, 2010, 11:23:48 PM »

This is O/T, but just to show the kind of people that hang around our kids at school.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/custodian_at_north_portland_sc.html

In summary, a custodian in a N Portland school found dead pets in a freezer at an unused trailer that was going to be refurbished as a classroom. Turned out they belonged to a school volunteer, who confessed the frozen dead pets belonged to her.

Just weird.

And I suspect cruel if they investigate it.    I have had enough cruel to last me a life time at this point.

When you follow cases like this, you gotta once in a while take a deep breath, a long warm aromatherapy bath, go for a walk, and just relax.

The emotions the case generates can really affect you just as if the events were happening to you.

We need sharp steady monkeys, not monkeys on nervous breakdowns.

Believe me, the stress and emotions can weigh you down.

Very Happy

Thanks Itaryl for caring.  Its just not only am I following this case I'm also following the case regarding abuse of a little mini horse.  I posted a link to that on musings.  That is as terrible and sad as it can possibly get. 

I don't know how humans become this way.

Agreed, too much cruelty for a "humane" species.

Will check your posting on musings.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #687 on: September 10, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

According to Blink's lastest reporting - RS was furious with Terri calling the police because he is not in the US legally.

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/09/09/kyron-horman-missing-case-review-and-birthday-wishes-to-the-frog-prince/

Then he is in jail?  But Blinks article says he has not been charged with any crime? Does anyone know HOW the system works when someone is in the US illegally? I thought they were taken into custody and deported.....no?

i havent seen any thing even insinuating that LS is illegal, i believe that this is another case of th muddying waters, if he was illegal i doubt that they would have him out conducting business and free., my opinion

Unless perhaps he was involved or has knowledge of what has happened to Kyron? Maybe this had something to do with the sting?  Help us out and we don't deport you? Who better to involve than someone who is illegal, they won't want to talk...
Remember Des in that last(?) presser, "You will go to jail". She stated it with such conviction, I have to think they already have someone who is "telling"...

All of this , of course, IMO, and if RS is not here legally.

As far as  Kaine dropping the contempt charge...to lull her into a false sense of security?

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #688 on: September 10, 2010, 11:25:43 PM »

I bet you got a dirty look, hahahaha

Every day my lil guy says a million times,...the school bus sure looks FUN! I told him NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT!.......

I understand. Sammi told me she was old enough to walk to school by herself. I said nope. She said how old will I be when I am allowed to go by myself, and of course the smart woman that I am said "we will talk about it when you start college."
[/quote]
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #689 on: September 10, 2010, 11:28:11 PM »

Another thing I remember was there being a before and after school day care program.  If that's the case, and the day care center was in the acutal school building, then the doors would have been opened prior to 8am.

No camera's, no sign in.  Doors open for parents to drop off.

And a sign out front for the science fair...

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #690 on: September 10, 2010, 11:31:11 PM »

Another thing I remember was there being a before and after school day care program.  If that's the case, and the day care center was in the acutal school building, then the doors would have been opened prior to 8am.

No camera's, no sign in.  Doors open for parents to drop off.

And a sign out front for the science fair...

Good point, I wonder if they will be doing that differently this year?
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #691 on: September 10, 2010, 11:34:20 PM »

This is what I don't understand of the "sting"...

She offers him $10K in December/January for the MFH.

OBVIOUSLY, he didn't do it, cause Kaine is alive.

So, after Kyron disappears, the landscaper comes up to the house with a companion... and asks for the $10K? What for?

What was Terri supposed to do, give him the money?

I hope there is more to it, than what has been reported. Cause this makes no sense. No wonder she called police.

She called and reported "theats"... as if he was threatening to contact LE if she didn't pay? As if... he's illegal and if he contacts LE he would be detained?

I don't get it.

sackyattack
Scared Monkey

« Reply #692 on: September 10, 2010, 11:36:14 PM »

from what i read in blinks article it says that "Anselmo Sanchez-Sanchez" is in the country illegally, but that Rudy has not been charged with anything, and that he has a business with good references, and the only reference to Rudy being illegal was in terri or terris friends version, i read it kinda fast though, i may be wrong

I agree, but according to Blinks article, he is not in jail.... And also in Blinks article it says he is illegal.......what gives? need a resolution to this....

when you're going through hell, just keep going
sackyattack
Scared Monkey

« Reply #693 on: September 10, 2010, 11:40:31 PM »

i got stuck in a box again, sheesh. i am the second paragraph above, sorry

when you're going through hell, just keep going
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #694 on: September 10, 2010, 11:43:13 PM »

What I question is if she called LE (911) sometime in May (Mothers day?) regarding the firing, shoving incident, doesn't it seem kind of idiotic to have him return with the MFH plot in June.   She would be on edge as it was with Kaine having taken Kiara away that morning and would seem obvious to her that when the LS came a knocking that evening demanding payment for what, along with an accomplice, just seems kind of hinky to me for LE to try and pull this off???

I have always wondered if there is more to this story than we know. Just because it is published does not make it true.

One theory that LE may be considering is the kidnapping one.

Maybe Terri was hungry for money, maybe she needed to fix her boobsters or get a facelift, drugs, or something.

The MFH may have been a plan to first insure her husband and then do away with him to collect on the life insurance policy.

That failed, so what next?

Maybe kidnapping Kyron for ransom would've brought her and her accomplice (who was also needy of money maybe due to maybe prolonged unemployment?) the money they desperately needed.

That scenario would cause the parents to think Kyron is stashed away.

I agree with this Itaryl! I truly think that there must have been a ransom note or something in the beginning. I remember reading the the police captain spent the first night at the Horman house. How common is that?

The thought that Kyron is being "stashed" absolutely conjures up the idea of ransom.  There's also the thought of the LS and $$$.  There's was a "reason" there was a confrontation in May.
Through Blink's post, we get a little bit of understanding that Terri told him Kaine was making her fire the LS.  That means no more money for the LS.  "Whatever" the reason - hired/fired, Kaine knew/didn't know, or some other nefarious going's on....whatever....there's money involved.  Even after Kyron went missing and LE tracked down the LS through Terri's phone calls, what was the deal?  Per the LS - money - $10,000.  When the sting went down, Terri saw the LS and called LE.  There's "prior" trouble in River City for Terri to call police when the LS shows up at her door (so it does tend to make me believe that Terri had called LE on the LS in May). 

The LS was furious that Terri called LE on his as he's not in the country legally.  Anger, plus want of money, "could" be a reason for someone other than Terri to do something with Kyron.

Money, money, money..."THAT" is the problem...and I'm thinking that the money is for some reason we haven't even thought of yet. 

I pray Kyron is being "stashed", I really hope they did get a ransom note early on, I really hope there is reason to believe Kyron will come home safe.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #695 on: September 10, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »

This is what I don't understand of the "sting"...

She offers him $10K in December/January for the MFH.

OBVIOUSLY, he didn't do it, cause Kaine is alive.

So, after Kyron disappears, the landscaper comes up to the house with a companion... and asks for the $10K? What for?

What was Terri supposed to do, give him the money?

I hope there is more to it, than what has been reported. Cause this makes no sense. No wonder she called police.

She called and reported "theats"... as if he was threatening to contact LE if she didn't pay? As if... he's illegal and if he contacts LE he would be detained?

I don't get it.

Maybe LE was desperate and thought TH would panic when he drove up in her driveway. The plan most likely was that there would be a conversation between them (since the undercover was wearing a wire) BUT TH called LE before he even got out of the truck....she may have said he was threatening her,,,just to get LE there faster. Anyway you look at it she had to have freaked out when he showed up. He was supposedly out of her life. Even if you speculate they were working in conjunction, surely she wouldn't expect him to show up at her house! IMHO it was a horrible bungle on the part of LE.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #696 on: September 10, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »

*reports sackyattack to the box police*

Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #697 on: September 10, 2010, 11:51:21 PM »

So reading Blinks article again....it says " Horman told the source that the landscaper was furious with her because he is not in the US legally. "

Since we only have TH word for it that RS is an illegal, I guess I will not consider that a fact at this point......
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #698 on: September 10, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »

Unless perhaps he was involved or has knowledge of what has happened to Kyron? Maybe this had something to do with the sting?  Help us out and we don't deport you? Who better to involve than someone who is illegal, they won't want to talk...
Remember Des in that last(?) presser, "You will go to jail". She stated it with such conviction, I have to think they already have someone who is "telling"...

All of this , of course, IMO, and if RS is not here legally.

As far as  Kaine dropping the contempt charge...to lull her into a false sense of security?

IMO, I would think that the contempt charge would not be dropped unless they knew it wouldn't stand up in court.

We've bantered around before whether Cook was working for Kaine or for LE.  We know he was the one to give the texts about "how much money Terri's attorney could cost".  Maybe the contempt charge was one of the many ways Kaine/LE has used to put pressure on Terri in hopes of making her break.  She's not broken, GJ has suspended itself for the time being and court date coming up soon...equals...time to drop the contempt charge.

I'm just thinking out loud here...trying to come up with a "reason" the contempt charge would be dropped.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #699 on: September 10, 2010, 11:56:16 PM »

*reports sackyattack to the box police*

Wooo...harsh~        here ya' go Sacky, don't let 'em take ya' without a fight

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.