April 26, 2024, 07:09:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refugees, Immigrants, and Opportunists $$$  (Read 1178 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 31, 2010, 07:28:38 AM »

I think it's a good thing that refugees are being resettled in the US.  The US can't take in everyone. 

What of the 'refugees' that pay $50,000 for a place on a ship to Canada or the US?  Are these really refugees?  A lot of people don't make $50,000 a year, are unemployed, and don't qualify for welfare.

If someone can afford $50,000 for a boat ride, are they really a 'refugee'?  Does it matter where they come from?  Does someone need welfare if they can afford to pay $50,000 for a ride?  Somehow, I don't think so.

I don't think the $50,000 boat ride person is a refugee like someone who has lived in a refugee camp their entire life. 

What does does that $50,000 refugee plan to get in return?  What is their return on their $50,000 investment?  A 10 year labor to qualify for Social Security and then a comfortable retirement paid for by taxpayers?  Taxpayers that have to wait forever to collect?  Taxpayers who will be 'means' tested because they live in the US?

Something is wrong with this picture.

There are also the 'immigrants' who pay $10,000 or more for a ride across the border.  Are these folks really immigrants?  Want only to work?  How many get some kind of welfare check shortly after arrival?

Are these who pay thousands for a ride financial opportunists?  Taking advantage of a generous American welfare state? 

Immigrants send billions home each month.

Remittances to Mexico in the second quarter totaled $5.81 billion, up 3.7% from the same quarter of 2009. The transfers, whiich generate more dollar inflows into Mexico than foreign tourism, fell 16% to $21.18 billion last year after a 3.6% drop in 2008.

Levels have begun recovering despite a sluggish U.S. labor market. Ayala said an efficient relocation of the migrant labor force, either geographically or into different areas of the economy, appear to be behind the recovery in remittances.

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100826-707808.html

It seems like the more people on the dole, the more money gets sent home, despite rising unemployment.

Maybe this is the drain on consumer spending?  The money drain from our economy?

Why does Obama only allocate $600 million to border security, and a few hundred people?

When does Main Street get on the gravy train?

When does Main Street get to keep the money they earn, instead of watching it go everywhere but their pocket?  Their homes?

There are true refugees, and there are opportunists $$$.

The welfare state can't exist with open borders and an open wallet.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.