April 19, 2024, 10:05:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peggy Jo Conner enters Guilty Plea in attempt to steal fetus-PA  (Read 5039 times)
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 13, 2007, 06:12:50 PM »

Guilty plea entered in attempt to steal fetus

2/13/2007
   PITTSBURGH (AP) - A woman pleaded guilty Monday to attempted homicide, assault and kidnapping for trying to cut a fetus from her neighbor's womb.

Peggy Jo Conner, 39, was accused of plotting to steal Valerie Oskin's baby and pass it off as her own. Both Oskin and the baby survived after a boy on an all-terrain vehicle spotted the two women in a clearing.

Conner's trial was to begin Monday.

Authorities accused her of attacking Oskin on Oct. 13, 2005, with a baseball bat at her home, then driving her to a remote location and using a razor knife to cut her abdomen in an effort to remove her baby.

The ATV rider who spotted the women told his father, who called authorities.

Oskin's baby was delivered by emergency Caesarean section and was put up for adoption, as Oskin had intended before she was attacked.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070213/5021044.asp
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 03:16:06 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »

Peggy Jo Conner Sentenced to Prison for Up to 50 Years for Trying to Steal Unborn Fetus

According to the Associated Press, a 40-year-old Pennsylvania woman was sentenced on Tuesday, May 22, to 22 to 50 years behind bars for attempting to steal a fetus from a woman after knocking her unconscious.

Peggy Jo Conner hit Valerie Oskin, 31, with a wooden baseball bat and then tried to steal her unborn fetus by cutting open her abdomen and uterus. She first knocked Oskin out, drove her to a rural location, and then used a razor knife to slice open Oskin's abdomen in order to remove her unborn child.

The Associated Press reported that Peggy Jo Conner sobbed as she apologized to the court for attacking the pregnant Oskin. She told them: "I'm sorry for what happened to Valerie and for what part I had in it...I'm not that kind of person. I was on drugs then."

Luckily Oskin and her baby were fine. The pregnant woman was rescued after they were spotted in the rural area by a young boy on an all-terrain vehicle who fled to tell his father. The Good Samaritan called 9-1-1 immediately and police rushed out. The Associated Press discovered that the baby was delivered by emergency Cesarean section. Shortly after the delivery, the baby was found to be healthy and then put up for adoption. The adoption was no result of the attack or its aftermath. Oskin planned on putting the baby up for adoption anyway.

Although Conner claimed she was on drugs at the time, The Associated Press says that Armstrong County District Attorney Scott Andreassi found no intoxicants or drugs in Conner's system whatsoever, proving her claim to be false. What court psychologists believe is that she has psychological issues. Right now she has started treatment for both bipolar disorder and manic depression, both of which she has been diagnosed with.

Oskin testified against Conner in court. However, Conner being put behind bars does not end her pain. She stated that she suffers from nightmares and constant anxiety due to the brutal attack. She told the court: "Her crime with affect us forever." Her son, 8, also suffers from mild psychological problems from witnessing a part of Oskin's attack. She said that he is deathly afraid of being alone.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/254633/peggy_jo_conner_sentenced_to_prison.html?cat=62

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.