March 28, 2024, 03:57:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "'Family values' of Mexico drug gang "  (Read 1753 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 06, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »

They decapitate, torture, and extort. Then they pray, and donate to charity.

The "Familia" cartel is perhaps the most extreme example of the paradoxical enemy which Mexico faces as it tries to defeat organised crime.

It is a fight which would be much easier if the cartels were simply maverick gangs on the fringe of society.

But they are, in many areas, part of society.

"La Familia was originally a social structure. And in many ways it still is," says a former Mexico deputy attorney general and organised crime expert, Prof Samuel Gonzalez Ruiz.

The latest arrests in the United States confirm what Mexico has long been warning the US authorities: that the drugs which pour across the border every day bring organised crime with them.

But some believe that particular weaknesses within Mexico have made it especially vulnerable to cartels.

Pervasive unemployment, corruption within law enforcement and huge divisions between rich and poor are the perfect territory in which groups like La Familia can flourish.

"Drug trafficking," says Prof Gonzalez, "is a symptom of a far deeper sickness in this country".

How about drug consumption?  What kind of sickness is that?  Hmmm...under Obamacare, I think there will be unlimited treatment.  And, they want to legalize drugs, to make them cheaper. 

What will pervasive unemployment bring the US?  More folks growing drugs to survive?  Competition with Mexican gangs?

Why not shut down the border and keep out the drugs, violence, and gangs?  Start an effort to get rid of the troublemakers already here?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »

link - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8319924.stm

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »

Mexican drug gangs 'spread to every region of US'

A Mexican soldier guards an opium poppy field during eradication in Morelia, Mexico, 4 March 2010
Mexican heroin production is growing

Mexican drug gangs have expanded their activities in the US with heroin production doubling in 2008, the US justice department says in a report.

Despite US funding for the war on drugs, trade in marijuana, ecstasy and methamphetamine also grew, the National Drug Threat Assessment said.

The report found that Mexican groups were active in every region of the US.

Gangs were moving an estimated $40bn (£27bn) in cash back into Mexico across the border each year, it added.

more here - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8588509.stm

Maybe these are the exports Obama want's to double?

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 01:48:30 PM »

I hope they catch Obama and Calderon crossing the border with a trunk load. 

Anyways..
 Here is a blog created in Mexico that is keeping track of every days fun activities.
Headless and Armless bodies with messages attached and even the skin of a human face cut off and sewn onto a soccer ball .. Get all your daily Familia News here.

http://www.blogdelnarco.com/#translate-en
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.