April 26, 2024, 01:23:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #28 9/12/2010 - 9/18/2010  (Read 280510 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2010, 08:45:15 PM »

Klaas needs nothing 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2010, 09:05:54 PM »

I moved a couple posts that had nothing to do with Kyron to their own thread.  Please let's keep this thread about Kyron.  TIA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2010, 09:17:01 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kyron_hormans_parents_kaine_ho.html

Kyron Horman's parents, Kaine Horman and Desiree Young, will be in segment on Oprah
Published: Monday, September 13, 2010, 2:09 PM     Updated: Monday, September 13, 2010, 4:07 PM

Young and Horman, who have appeared on several national news programs, including Dateline, the Today Show and Good Morning America, are being flown to Chicago for the interview which will be part of the hourlong, pre-taped show.

The show had planned to include an interview with Bethany Storro, the 28-year-old Vancouver woman whose face was burned by acid, in the Thursday broadcast. The spokeswoman said Storro canceled her appearance.

Sounds like maybe it hasn't been taped yet. 
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2010, 09:54:37 PM »

agree. Klass is great!
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-parents-to-go-on-Oprah-missing-portland-102816349.html

by David Krough

Bio | Email| Follow: @KGWNews
kgw.com

Posted on September 13, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Updated today at 5:17 PM

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Parents of
missing Portland boy Kyron Horman will appeal to viewers of the Oprah Winfrey show Thursday, more than 13 weeks into his disappearance.

Kaine and Desiree Horman were set to appear on the Chicago set during the first week of Oprah's lasts season to tell their story.

"Kyron Horman vanished from his school science fair in June. We'll get the latest from his parents," the show preview said Monday.

Kyron disappeared from Skyline Elementary in NW Portland on June 4, sparking the largest search in Oregon's history. No suspects have been named the case.

Last Thursday marked the boy's eighth birthday. A fundraiser was held for him over the weekend in Wilsonville.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2010, 10:29:29 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Terri-Horman-Support-Page/131975590176118?ref=ts

I imagine that if any money is received from Oprah it will go into the fund to find Kyron.  I do see where the Terri supporters have their priorities though:

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Terri-Horman-Support-Page/131975590176118?ref=ts

I imagine that if any money is received from Oprah it will go into the fund to find Kyron.  I do see where the Terri supporters have their priorities though:

The post you have quoted is so very poorly written that all I can muster is pity for that TH supporter.
Comparison?  between what???
Lord.
I remember reading that KH and DY were asked to 'do' O's show early on.  Kaine commented, iirc, that they were not going to make any paid appearances.  I am sure you are correct in you thinking any income from the appearance will go to the fund to find Kyron.
Thank you for the link, quote, Klaasend.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #187 on: September 13, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »

I wasn't aware that guests get paid on Oprah, unless she has it set up where you get paid for photos like some of the early morning shows do.
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #188 on: September 13, 2010, 10:38:33 PM »

The post you have quoted is so very poorly written that all I can muster is pity for that TH supporter.
Comparison?  between what???
Lord.
I remember reading that KH and DY were asked to 'do' O's show early on.  Kaine commented, iirc, that they were not going to make any paid appearances.  I am sure you are correct in you thinking any income from the appearance will go to the fund to find Kyron.
Thank you for the link, quote, Klaasend.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/30/kyrons-parents-in-touch-with-oprah-but-say-they-wont-take-money-for-story/

Kyron’s Parents in Touch With Oprah but Say They Won’t Take Money for the Story
11:08 AM July 30th, 2010 by James Pitkin

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #189 on: September 13, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

Here is an article addressing the payment topic as it pertained to M. McCann's parents:
http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a87698/oprah-walters-want-mccann-interviews.html

This states that O does Not pay for news interviews.  I was wrong.
Thanks, Monkeys.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #190 on: September 13, 2010, 10:48:12 PM »

This is so pathetic. It makes me ill!         Why would the thought of $ even cross their mind if Kyron was the  focus?

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: September 13, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »

I also might add, I think there are people who live in caves...and maybe they watch Oprah

zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2010, 10:55:16 PM »

I also might add, I think there are people who live in caves...and maybe they watch Oprah
I very much agree Nana - many people avoid most news related programs (I did for several years) and also, believe it or not  Monkey Devil! MANY people do not use computer's... let alone know what the heck is going on online.  I would even venture to say that people LOCAL to the Portland and surrounding area are not aware of Kyron.    Not only homeless people either.....

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2010, 11:02:01 PM »

The only way to keep people caring where Kyron is is by keeping him in the news.  Whatever it takes to keep his name out there.  Kaine and Desiree are doing what they have to do.  Terri on the other hand is hiding like the poor excuse for a human being she is.  If she were innocent, she wouldn't be hiding in her parents house behind a lawyer.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2010, 11:21:56 PM »

The only way to keep people caring where Kyron is is by keeping him in the news.  Whatever it takes to keep his name out there.  Kaine and Desiree are doing what they have to do.  Terri on the other hand is hiding like the poor excuse for a human being she is.  If she were innocent, she wouldn't be hiding in her parents house behind a lawyer.

Amen Klaas...Why hide if you have nothing to hide. I think if they would let Desiree have 10 minutes alone with her she might be willing to tell what she did to Kyron. There is no way I could restrain myself.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2010, 11:28:01 PM »

What I don't understand is this-

IF these are her children, how can she be charged with CUSTODIAL INTERFERENCE? 

Wouldn't that charge be for someone who is in violation of a court order?

I got the thought from Blink's report that the LE wanted to talk with this woman badly.  No telling what she knows!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2010, 11:37:36 PM »

Lazydog.....I have been reading here for 5 yrs and have been a member for almost 3. I am far from being a cold person, as most of my fellow Monkeys can attest to. But I am blunt at times. I have limited reading time due to back surgery and a stroke on top of that. We have Musings and JSM's begging to be banned for chit-chat and two sites for avi's. I get frustrated when I come in to find news on a missing child and have to wade through 50 pages of chit chat that has nothing to do with the child that is missing. Sorry If my being blunt offends anyone.

im not taking that as blunt,i am releived you posted. i am new and am trying to figure out where to post things, and what is worth posting. i am thinking avi's is avitars? what is mussings for? and what is JSM? so i can not get out of place here, thanks

If you go to the top of the pageand click on home, it will take you the all the different threads. Just scroll down and you will find all kinds of goodies. Especially in the Monkey Lounge. Sorry it took me so long to get ck to you, trying to do chores .

NRCG... you aren't th only one confused. But I don't think the kids are Rudy's. Course I can be wrong.I do know of a company that hired illegas and had 42 using the same SS#
Thanks, I'm guessing also the wife and kids aren't Rudys.

Hmm...then ""why" would Blink report it that way - what am I missing or not understanding?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2010, 12:13:07 AM »

Amen Klaas...Why hide if you have nothing to hide. > I think if they would let Desiree have 10 minutes alone with her < she might be willing to tell what she did to Kyron. There is no way I could restrain myself.

You think it would take that long?  Her silence is deafening and her actions are beyond belief...     

crazybabyborg
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2010, 12:15:05 AM »

Maybe Klaas does need something........... that post could use a megaphone; preferably right in Terri's eardrums! 

Where is Kyron, Terri??? 
Nana29
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2010, 12:26:03 AM »

Wanted to share this from Missing Kyron Horman on Facebook;
Bracelets, t-shirts, buttons, etc.
by Missing Kyron Horman on Monday, September 13, 2010 at 5:10pm

We have had so many requests from people looking for bracelets, etc. and we would like everyone to know that we are in the process

of setting up an online store.  Watch this page for announcements when all of these items will be available!!

Thank you to all who want to support this family in their search for Kyron.

Carol and Jude

Cindi and Beth
http://www.facebook.com/notes/missing-kyron-horman/bracelets-t-shirts-buttons-etc/146813902022709

And the response from thsp member...   http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31230842&fbid=524855475428&id=216701202&ref=nf#!/topic.php?uid=131975590176118&topic=247

"I know people want to help, but this is not really helping. Money raised is not being used for searching. It is not being used at all. It has become a Cause for its own sake. The website wall, on the left side, asks for more fundraiser ideas. I know this is a free country, but this is preying on people's kindness and generosity. Money is NOT BEING USED FOR SEARCH. (and she knows this because?)Why do people continue to want to contribute? There is something very wrong with this situation. Media keeps promoting it as a legitimate cause but it is not. It has nothing to do with finding Kyron."

I will be buying some as soon as they are available...because I care about Kyron coming home.
My comment in purple...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.