April 24, 2024, 07:32:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #28 9/12/2010 - 9/18/2010  (Read 280453 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #740 on: September 17, 2010, 11:44:47 AM »

Thanks seahorse.  Lets just say there were some sexual exploits that were unsavory, maybe I'm just naive but how would exploits between adults have anything to do with the disappearance of a little boy?

Your welcome, NoRose!

Good question you have and maybe I have a good answer. Do you remember the Danielle van Dam case?

The Canoodling may or may not have a connection to Kyron.  I am going to keep an open mind. 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/678635/posts

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: September 17, 2010, 11:54:55 AM »

If we were to paralell Kyron's case to the vanDam case, RS would appear to be our man.  IIRC,  DW "hit" on the mother first, earlier in the evening while the mother was out with friends, then Danielle went missing later that evening.

Another horrific case.

an angelic monkey   an angelic monkey

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #742 on: September 17, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »

That's true, Tony certainly can't lose his job.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: September 17, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »

Thanks seahorse.  Lets just say there were some sexual exploits that were unsavory, maybe I'm just naive but how would exploits between adults have anything to do with the disappearance of a little boy?

Your welcome, NoRose!

Good question you have and maybe I have a good answer. Do you remember the Danielle van Dam case?

The Canoodling may or may not have a connection to Kyron.  I am going to keep an open mind. 

I sure do, don't live that terribly far from where little Danielle lived  an angelic monkey  It was awful what was all being said about her parents, just awful.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: September 17, 2010, 11:58:15 AM »

If we were to paralell Kyron's case to the vanDam case, RS would appear to be our man.  IIRC,  DW "hit" on the mother first, earlier in the evening while the mother was out with friends, then Danielle went missing later that evening.

Another horrific case.

I followed that case from beginning to end and never saw any parallel, but you sure could be right.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #745 on: September 17, 2010, 12:00:16 PM »

Articles stating that the Horman family initially did NOT want the media involved...but LE changed their mind!

"Larry Moulton of Roseburg, the father of the boy's stepmother, said investigators urged the family to avoid the spotlight. But Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton said that's not true. A sheriff's captain who has been working with the family "had a conversation with them and that's when they decided to talk to the media," he said."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_family_makes_emo.html

"Incident commanders also said they would respect the Horman family's wishes not to share their anguish with the public."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_searchers_press_o.html

First week of family not talking to the media at one point saying LE had requested them to not talk to media, LE released a statement immediately disputing that.   On Sunday June the 6th Kaine sent an email to his fellow employees at Intel directing them NOT to speak with media, why the control, Desiree and Tony Yong had no problem speaking to the media and public, it was Kaine that did not want his personal life known, understandable but to understand the events leading up to Kyron’s disappearance you have to look at what was going on inside the family unit of Kaine, Terry, James, Kyron and Kiara.

Sunday June 6th – Kaine Horman sends email to fellow employees at Intel giving an update Kyron, then directing them to NOT talk to the media>>

Optional actions for you:

The Intel network is large and wide-reaching.  Many have asked me what they can do to help us and my answer is the following:

1. Forward Kyron’s information to as many people as you feel comfortable with; the more people that see this will increase our chances of finding him

2. Do not speak to any media if contacted; I am trying to contact Intel legal to give them the heads up and help with this situation

Wednesday June 9- The family releases the following statement: Notice the different wording by the FBI Spokesperson and Multnomah Sherriff Spokesperson.

11 a.m. FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele says the Hormon family "is not speaking to the media because they do not believe it’s in the best interest of finding Kyron."

Noon At a news briefing, Multnomah County sheriff’s Capt. Mike Shults reads a statement from Kyron Horman’s immediate family: "Kyron’s family would like to thank people for support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued effort strengthens their hope. We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal. Please search your properties — cars, out buildings, sheds, etc. Also check with neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need in assistance in searching. There are a lot of resources here to help you search, so please don’t stop. It is obviously a difficult time and they want to speak to the public so you can hear it from Kyron’s family as they come together to share their message. Their objective is to keep the focus on Kyron and not about anything else."  Yes they kept the focus all on Kyron...not!

http://www.truecrimeinthe21stcentury.com/2010/07/28/kaine-horman/

"I believe she's committed, as the rest of our family is, to finding Kyron. And any other information regarding that is -- the investigators are working with her and with us to help find him, so I don't really have any other comment on that," said Kaine. Young shook her head in agreement as he spoke.

Young and Kaine Horman have chosen not to speak out to the media until now because, they say, they wanted to keep the focus on Kyron. But they say they're doing it now hoping it helps the probe.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/25/earlyshow/main6617351.shtml

I am sure there are many more...the first week...the horman family was not speaking to the media.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #746 on: September 17, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »

I believe she's committed, as the rest of our family is, to finding Kyron. And any other information regarding that is -- the investigators are working with her and with us to help find him, so I don't really have any other comment on that," said Kaine. Young shook her head in agreement as he spoke.

Young and Kaine Horman have chosen not to speak out to the media until now because, they say, they wanted to keep the focus on Kyron. But they say they're doing it now hoping it helps the probe. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/25/earlyshow/main6617351.shtml

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: September 17, 2010, 12:03:35 PM »

I really have nothing that I can say about the family and the media in the beginning. To be honest there is no way that I would have been able to go before the media, my husband might be able to. Some families are able to and some can't, so for me this isn't a big deal, but can see that it is for others.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #748 on: September 17, 2010, 12:03:43 PM »

Another horrific case.

I followed that case from beginning to end and never saw any parallel, but you sure could be right.

Monkey's,

This is so sickening but I hope your will forgive me just to make another point. If the mama and the papa behavior affected
that poor little girl. The little girl had her passport photo taken and was looking forward to a family trip and because of the
families lifestyle that child never made that trip. IMO I'm am sorry I am off topic but I just want to finish up. Thank-you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/06/07/us/slain-girl-s-parents-questioned-on-lifestyle.html?n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fPeople%2fv%2fvan%20Dam%2c%20Danielle

{snip}

With intense cross-examination Wednesday and again today in San Diego Superior Court, the defense lawyer tried to show that the parents, Damon and Brenda van Dam, engaged in such bawdy behavior the night their daughter, Danielle, disappeared that anybody might have abducted the girl and killed her. {snip}

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #749 on: September 17, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »

The pair said that the reason they have not given interviews before now was because they are shy and timid people. They said they have been cooperating fully with police, agreeing to hours of interviews and several searches at their home without search warrants.

KGW also asked if they know why police have been focusing on searching areas on and around Sauvie Island. They said they think this was because it was a favorite destination of Kyron’s and a place they often went for family outings.

The boy’s two step-parents, Tony Young and Terri Horman were not present for the interview. There has been recent attention given to Kaine’s wife, Terri after detectives circulated a flier with photos of her and questions about her whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared.

But Kaine and Desiree said she was not taking part in the television interviews because they don’t want people to be distracted by attention on her.

Kaine said the family refuses to think the worst about Kyron’s disappearance and wanted to keep positive thoughts in their head until the little boy comes home safe.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/Kyron-Hormans-parents-talk-one-on-one--97158539.html
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #750 on: September 17, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »

Last night...someone asked where I was getting the information from that Kaine did not want to speak to the media...I remembered quite clearly that Kaine did not want the media involved.  That seemed very strange to me...because if my child was missing...I would want to throw out a wide as net as possible...so here are just a few articles about the silence that I remembered....
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #751 on: September 17, 2010, 12:12:04 PM »

Re Tony.  I am sure he was given some time to deal with all of this.  After that, the time available was probably gone.

LE does not work 9-5.  Anything can happen when you are LE, so days and times of work cannot be scheduled.  They can have just got off of a shift and something happens and they have to go back to work. That's the way it is.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #752 on: September 17, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »

Re the media and the parents.  It was painful enough to see the parents grieving when they did give their interview.  Really, it is only to satisfy public curiosity about the parents.  I feel that Kaine is right in theory about keeping the focus on Kyron.  But the people need to know and see.

Kyron has been in the public eye because of all of the crazy stuff around the case.  There are so many children who have faded from the public eye because there is not the crazy info out there.

I think that the parents have sacrificed everything of themselves to keep out there.  Perhaps there is more sordid junk to come out there.  Kaine and Desiree have put their differences aside; continued to go out in public and appeal for Kyron in spite of all of the ugly things being said about them.  They care about Kyron and let their reputations be damned.  It's about Kyron, not cowering behind a walled fortress with an attorney guard.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: September 17, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »

Monkeys,

http://www.livedash.com/transcript/issues_with_jane_velez-mitchell/5100/HLN/Thursday_September_16_2010/299927/

4:03 Bruce? 
00:24:03 >> Well, yes, jane. 
00:24:04 As a matter of fact, I was actually discussing this with victoria today on her show. 
00:24:08 I tend to agree, that one thing I don't believe those comments were directed to was about what actually happened to kyron himself. 
00:24:15 People immediately think, gee, they got grisly detail yous about kyron's demise. 
00:24:20 That's not the case. 
00:24:22 They don't know what happened to kyron. 
00:24:24 I think victoria's absolutely correct, that this is going to be unsavory details about all of the details, plural, that are around this whole sordid mess. 
00:24:33 >> And the details would have something to do with sex, is your speculation or hypothesis? 
00:24:40 Given she was sexting somebody? 
00:24:42 >> Absolutely, yes. 
00:24:43 I think that's absolutely true. 
00:24:44 We know about the sexting texting. 
00:24:47 There's other issues. 
00:24:50 Again, the multiple marriages. 
00:24:52 There's going to be unflattering details about all the adults.  
00:24:55 I don't think it's limited to tierry horman about the sexting texting. 
00:25:00 That's not a surprise. 
00:25:02 He said there will be surprises. 
00:25:03 The surprise will probably be the people we're not focusing on right now and some of their details. 
00:25:08 But the good news, fu want to call it that, is that this is not sad details about kyron himself. 

Thank-you, very interesting. Not surprising, I've been afraid all along there was going to be sordid sexual details involved 

Yes, interesting.  Unflattering details about "all the adults".  Makes sense to me.  "Can of worms" scenario.  I also believe that it's not about Kyron directly; I think we would know - at least the word "Kyron" would be attached to LE's statements and it isn't.  LE is talking about the investigation resulting in other investigations.

That we're "surprised" could mean we'd be surprised by "who" the adult(s) involved is/are.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #754 on: September 17, 2010, 12:21:15 PM »

Monkeys,

http://www.livedash.com/transcript/issues_with_jane_velez-mitchell/5100/HLN/Thursday_September_16_2010/299927/

4:03 Bruce? 
00:24:03 >> Well, yes, jane. 
00:24:04 As a matter of fact, I was actually discussing this with victoria today on her show. 
00:24:08 I tend to agree, that one thing I don't believe those comments were directed to was about what actually happened to kyron himself. 
00:24:15 People immediately think, gee, they got grisly detail yous about kyron's demise. 
00:24:20 That's not the case. 
00:24:22 They don't know what happened to kyron. 
00:24:24 I think victoria's absolutely correct, that this is going to be unsavory details about all of the details, plural, that are around this whole sordid mess. 
00:24:33 >> And the details would have something to do with sex, is your speculation or hypothesis? 
00:24:40 Given she was sexting somebody? 
00:24:42 >> Absolutely, yes. 
00:24:43 I think that's absolutely true. 
00:24:44 We know about the sexting texting. 
00:24:47 There's other issues. 
00:24:50 Again, the multiple marriages. 
00:24:52 There's going to be unflattering details about all the adults.  
00:24:55 I don't think it's limited to tierry horman about the sexting texting. 
00:25:00 That's not a surprise. 
00:25:02 He said there will be surprises. 
00:25:03 The surprise will probably be the people we're not focusing on right now and some of their details. 
00:25:08 But the good news, fu want to call it that, is that this is not sad details about kyron himself. 

Thank-you, very interesting. Not surprising, I've been afraid all along there was going to be sordid sexual details involved 

No Rose,

We're going to put you in the "not surprised" column.   

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #755 on: September 17, 2010, 12:24:11 PM »

jealousy, anger, fighting, revenge, payback (disgusting type adjectives is what comes to mind)

sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #756 on: September 17, 2010, 12:25:19 PM »

Your welcome, NoRose!

I sure do, don't live that terribly far from where little Danielle lived  an angelic monkey  It was awful what was all being said about her parents, just awful.

I agree Norose! The talk radio people were so cruel to Danielle's parents! It was disgusting! David Westerfield never even was involved in their "activities". The Van Dams have managed to remain married through their horrible horrible ordeal and have gone on to help others with missing children!
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: September 17, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »

Just want to get this out of my system:

Ok, now back to case.

I agree with Rose, who cares about these sexually explicit text messages, these are consenting adults.  Unless they are directly related to Kyron's disappearance, who cares? 
This is just going to bring more shame and embarrassment on these people that they are going to have to try and live down.  I hope someone with 1/2 a brain doesn't release this information- again- unless this has to do with Kyron's disappearance (or some other criminal activity), we don't really need to see them.  Back to the old adage: SEX SELLS!!! JMO.

OMGosh, I love your pic!

I agree that the hanky panky going on with the adults should have no bearings to what happened to Kyron that day.

However, because there is a proven co-relation between sexual conduct and moral makeup, a fine line between sexual promiscuity and sexual perversion, one has to take into account the conduct of the adults in the household to better understand the situation around the family home the day the child went missing.

Most possibly the hanky panky had nothing to do with the incident, but greed, anger, plain evil, and maybe a bout of mental illness could be the driving forces behind Kyron's disappearance.

Very Happy
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: September 17, 2010, 12:28:33 PM »

Just want to get this out of my system:

Ok, now back to case.

I agree with Rose, who cares about these sexually explicit text messages, these are consenting adults.  Unless they are directly related to Kyron's disappearance, who cares? 
This is just going to bring more shame and embarrassment on these people that they are going to have to try and live down.  I hope someone with 1/2 a brain doesn't release this information- again- unless this has to do with Kyron's disappearance (or some other criminal activity), we don't really need to see them.  Back to the old adage: SEX SELLS!!! JMO.
LOL   Yes, sex sells, and though I will read them, don't really care if it has nothing to do with Kyron.

I have a hinky feeling it will all link....some way....to "why" something happened to Kyron.  Didn't LE say words to the effect: When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think.   I'm now wondering if it will all "link" (no matter how ridiculous, or stupid...sex, drugs, etc) when we look back on it all.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: September 17, 2010, 12:28:52 PM »

Last night...someone asked where I was getting the information from that Kaine did not want to speak to the media...I remembered quite clearly that Kaine did not want the media involved.  That seemed very strange to me...because if my child was missing...I would want to throw out a wide as net as possible...so here are just a few articles about the silence that I remembered....

I guess I just have a little different view of this media business.  I don't think Kaine ever meant he didn't want the media involved....I think he wanted them involved in getting Kyron's face and info out there..and wanted to avoid the circus that we have seen in other cases.  He and Desiree have continued to say this isn't about them..this is about Kyron and tried to keep that in the forefront.  Also Kaine was getting pressure from Terri at home ..remember she was all involved with what people would think of her, her hair, delving into her background..and not being able to recall her where abouts on that day.  Terri did not want the media attention...

To me..it is very tricky for a family to try to navigate the waters of this media frenzy, trying to get Kyron's name and face out there in the public arena..and keep the public aware that they are still looking for their missing son, but remain as focused as possible.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.