April 26, 2024, 04:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #28 9/12/2010 - 9/18/2010  (Read 280516 times)
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #760 on: September 17, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »

Thanks seahorse.  Lets just say there were some sexual exploits that were unsavory, maybe I'm just naive but how would exploits between adults have anything to do with the disappearance of a little boy?

Your welcome, NoRose!

Good question you have and maybe I have a good answer. Do you remember the Danielle van Dam case?

The Canoodling may or may not have a connection to Kyron.  I am going to keep an open mind. 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/678635/posts

Seahorse - good example.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #761 on: September 17, 2010, 12:35:56 PM »

I really have nothing that I can say about the family and the media in the beginning. To be honest there is no way that I would have been able to go before the media, my husband might be able to. Some families are able to and some can't, so for me this isn't a big deal, but can see that it is for others.

Even if I couldn't drag myself in front of a camera, I would have "someone" - attorney, friend, family member, next door neighbor...someone...to get out there and speak for my child because when it comes to a missing child the first 48 hours are critical and its imperative that the community know that the family is distraught and want their child to come home.  It gets everyone out looking quickly. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #762 on: September 17, 2010, 12:36:34 PM »

Thanks seahorse.  Lets just say there were some sexual exploits that were unsavory, maybe I'm just naive but how would exploits between adults have anything to do with the disappearance of a little boy?

jealousy, anger, fighting, revenge, payback (disgusting type adjectives is what comes to mind)

You are right, I just have such a hard time figuring that an adult would take such revenge, but it does happen unfortunately.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #763 on: September 17, 2010, 12:37:06 PM »

Your welcome, NoRose!

Good question you have and maybe I have a good answer. Do you remember the Danielle van Dam case?

The Canoodling may or may not have a connection to Kyron.  I am going to keep an open mind. 

I sure do, don't live that terribly far from where little Danielle lived  an angelic monkey  It was awful what was all being said about her parents, just awful.

I agree Norose! The talk radio people were so cruel to Danielle's parents! It was disgusting! David Westerfield never even was involved in their "activities". The Van Dams have managed to remain married through their horrible horrible ordeal and have gone on to help others with missing children!
I will never forget any of it 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: September 17, 2010, 12:38:53 PM »

I really have nothing that I can say about the family and the media in the beginning. To be honest there is no way that I would have been able to go before the media, my husband might be able to. Some families are able to and some can't, so for me this isn't a big deal, but can see that it is for others.

Even if I couldn't drag myself in front of a camera, I would have "someone" - attorney, friend, family member, next door neighbor...someone...to get out there and speak for my child because when it comes to a missing child the first 48 hours are critical and its imperative that the community know that the family is distraught and want their child to come home.  It gets everyone out looking quickly. 

My husband would have had to, but then maybe when something horrific like this happens you get an inner strength that helps you to do things that you didn't think you could do.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #765 on: September 17, 2010, 12:40:11 PM »

The pair said that the reason they have not given interviews before now was because they are shy and timid people. They said they have been cooperating fully with police, agreeing to hours of interviews and several searches at their home without search warrants.

KGW also asked if they know why police have been focusing on searching areas on and around Sauvie Island. They said they think this was because it was a favorite destination of Kyron’s and a place they often went for family outings.

The boy’s two step-parents, Tony Young and Terri Horman were not present for the interview. There has been recent attention given to Kaine’s wife, Terri after detectives circulated a flier with photos of her and questions about her whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared.

But Kaine and Desiree said she was not taking part in the television interviews because they don’t want people to be distracted by attention on her.
Kaine said the family refuses to think the worst about Kyron’s disappearance and wanted to keep positive thoughts in their head until the little boy comes home safe.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/Kyron-Hormans-parents-talk-one-on-one--97158539.html

So Kaine/Desiree didn't want Terri involved in the interviews.  As to why Terri wasn't out there speaking and the "rumor" that "Kaine didn't want Teri to speak" and that Terri was just "doing what Kaine wanted" is out there.  Kaine/Desiree didn't want Terri to speak out. 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: September 17, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »

Last night...someone asked where I was getting the information from that Kaine did not want to speak to the media...I remembered quite clearly that Kaine did not want the media involved.  That seemed very strange to me...because if my child was missing...I would want to throw out a wide as net as possible...so here are just a few articles about the silence that I remembered....

Novella, thank you for all this work...clearly settle the point.  Thanks, again.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #767 on: September 17, 2010, 12:45:47 PM »

Your welcome, NoRose!

Seahorse - good example.

Puzzler,

Thank-you. Our actions affect everyone all the time. I recall the little girls father was "entertaining" in his garage that fateful night and didn't hear the culprit enter the house. 

http://legacy.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/danielle/defense_witnesses.html

Lucious Mobley, a San Diego Police Department detective, said Youngs told him during a Feb. 8 interview that she saw Westerfield dancing with Brenda van Dam that night.

Patricia LePage, a patron of Dad's and the mother of Cherokee Youngs, who testified last week, also said she saw van Dam dancing with Westerfield that night and van Dam appeared to be "rubbing herself all over him." {snip}

DW was ready to canoodle, just it was the mom.  I never heard of people like this and SM.  We now know why SM and KH
ran like jack rabbits when appoached by the newsy people outside the gym that day. Those two were more concerned about
their skeltons than the child, IMO.  I am going to get growled at for being off topic.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #768 on: September 17, 2010, 12:48:34 PM »

Re Tony.  I am sure he was given some time to deal with all of this.  After that, the time available was probably gone.

LE does not work 9-5.  Anything can happen when you are LE, so days and times of work cannot be scheduled.  They can have just got off of a shift and something happens and they have to go back to work. That's the way it is.

Re Tony.  I am sure he was given some time to deal with all of this.  After that, the time available was probably gone.

LE does not work 9-5.  Anything can happen when you are LE, so days and times of work cannot be scheduled.  They can have just got off of a shift and something happens and they have to go back to work. That's the way it is.

HelloKitty~

You're preaching to the choir.  And yes, you are correct, LE/Public Safety is not a 9-5 job.  When there is a family emergency, which this family has been in crisis mode for 3 months and then some, since this event transpired, I'm sure Tony has used up any vacation time and sick time he may have acquired.

However, he does have days off and from my observation, he hasn't been seen.

I understand Kaine is Kyron's biological and custodial parent, but Tony is currently Desiree's husband and her support as well as Kyron's stepfather.  It would be nice to see him with Desiree as opposed to Kaine on occassion.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:14 PM »

That's weird!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: September 17, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »

an angelic monkey
[/quote] 

This is so cute!  KUDOS Brandi!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #771 on: September 17, 2010, 12:58:47 PM »

Your welcome, NoRose!

Seahorse - good example.

Puzzler,

Thank-you. Our actions affect everyone all the time. I recall the little girls father was "entertaining" in his garage that fateful night and didn't hear the culprit enter the house. 

Lucious Mobley, a San Diego Police Department detective, said Youngs told him during a Feb. 8 interview that she saw Westerfield dancing with Brenda van Dam that night.

Patricia LePage, a patron of Dad's and the mother of Cherokee Youngs, who testified last week, also said she saw van Dam dancing with Westerfield that night and van Dam appeared to be "rubbing herself all over him." {snip}

DW was ready to canoodle, just it was the mom.  I never heard of people like this and SM.  We now know why SM and KH
ran like jack rabbits when appoached by the newsy people outside the gym that day. Those two were more concerned about
their skeltons than the child, IMO.  I am going to get growled at for being off topic.

Is it relavent to this case? 

It's very well possible with human behavior what it is with highly sexed people who don't have their priorities in check.

This is an illustration of what could happen when people act a certain way.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #772 on: September 17, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »

Me just throwing this out - and it is of Kaine's past including Desiree and Terri

Kaine to me is not walking on water. He has a place in all of this.
He regardless of what he says - was in a commitment with Desiree. They were legally married and had a Kyron on the way. Living in the same house, sharing separate rooms ? whatever

What man leaves his child to be ? He was clearly at a state he no longer wanted to be a partner to Desiree so be it. So what? It's a father's right/job to ride it out cowboy..get over your self. You stay for your child. A real man would. He would not go running around trying to find a " fill in" for his lack of ..if you get my drift. Its a two way street, when one is looking vs being found.
He though finds Terri at a " restaurant" June of 2002, hooks up with her as if she is sliced bread. Kyron to be born Sept 2002. Terri and Kaine are then living together by Dec 2002. He is married to Desiree yet. ( I don't know why Desiree has allowed Kaine to put her in front of the media so many times reading a script, when she can barely breath, her not living in the Horman household )

What was he thinking ? That Kyron would fit in with his new bed buddy, hot flame ? in his love shack with Terri ?, Terri was not after Kyron, in Kaines world.. Actually Kyron came after Terri, not before her. Kryon was only months old when he and Terri started living together, in Dec 02.  Things that make you want to go 
 I question him and his integrity as a person, and NO one can say " Oh he was young, or in a turbulent marriage, BS, he knew right from wrong - or at best had some skills of morality"
From a person looking into a window with little facts - I know if I had a baby on the way and felt incomplete with the partner .. I would say ' My child ' is all that matters " I have to focus on the Baby"... obviously Kaine wasn't feeling that way.. he needed someone to hold his( I am being nice) hand ..so he could accommodate himself "living alone" as a new father to be? Where was his brain at? knowing he had a Baby coming into the world? His first child?  Meanwhile Desiree is left holding everything and all including her health ..while he walks off into the sunset with Terri by his side. Still married to Desiree.
That's not right Monkeys..
1 + 1 = 2
1+ 2 add a baby = One person is going to feel left out. was it a Woman or a baby? The catalyst being Kaine. Fundamentals.  School house rock.

Everything that Deenie has said in this posting is why I figured Kaine didn't want the media heavily involved in the beginning.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #773 on: September 17, 2010, 01:02:36 PM »

HelloKitty~

You're preaching to the choir.  And yes, you are correct, LE/Public Safety is not a 9-5 job.  When there is a family emergency, which this family has been in crisis mode for 3 months and then some, since this event transpired, I'm sure Tony has used up any vacation time and sick time he may have acquired.

However, he does have days off and from my observation, he hasn't been seen.

I understand Kaine is Kyron's biological and custodial parent, but Tony is currently Desiree's husband and her support as well as Kyron's stepfather.  It would be nice to see him with Desiree as opposed to Kaine on occassion.

I have read somewhere that Tony is usually there, just stays on the sidelines just off camera
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: September 17, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »

Just want to get this out of my system:

Ok, now back to case.

I agree with Rose, who cares about these sexually explicit text messages, these are consenting adults.  Unless they are directly related to Kyron's disappearance, who cares? 
This is just going to bring more shame and embarrassment on these people that they are going to have to try and live down.  I hope someone with 1/2 a brain doesn't release this information- again- unless this has to do with Kyron's disappearance (or some other criminal activity), we don't really need to see them.  Back to the old adage: SEX SELLS!!! JMO.
LOL   Yes, sex sells, and though I will read them, don't really care if it has nothing to do with Kyron.

I have a hinky feeling it will all link....some way....to "why" something happened to Kyron.  Didn't LE say words to the effect: When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think.   I'm now wondering if it will all "link" (no matter how ridiculous, or stupid...sex, drugs, etc) when we look back on it all.

I agree, at the end we will find out how all of these players we have heard about connect.

I have to say, the comment made by LE could be said about any of the missing children stories. I cannot recall a story that LE hasn't found out horrible details to which we all have not been shocked. Has there ever been a case which the public has said, oh ok, well that makes sense? I am thinking that line was used to get the conversations going on this case again. He gave a little controversal snipet.
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: September 17, 2010, 01:30:55 PM »

Me too, NRCG.  I think that the family were desperate and in shock, and that they were following the lead of LE at that point regarding the media.  JMO.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: September 17, 2010, 01:49:28 PM »

Right about now would be a GREAT time for a beautiful pic of Kyron........anyone got one to post?
I like this one.  (Sorry, only logged-in monkeys will see it.)

There is something about this picture that gives me pause.  I don't recall it being discussed here or anywhere.  Anyone notice what it is?

It is the picture of Tony reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to Kyron.  Kyron is wearing a sleepy-shirt and is in the bottom bunk of his bed, with the Batman bedspread and pillow.  I found it here at SM, but can't locate the post where it appeared, at the moment.
Is it about his underwear?  It looks like he is either wearing decorated underwear or a diaper.  I can't tell.  I haven't seen any diapers in awhile.  Is that what you mean, Desdemona?
Yes, Claycat.  Thank you for responding.  Kyron appears to be wearing Pull-ups to bed in that pic with Tony reading to him from "Green Eggs and Ham."  I'm guessing the picture was taken maybe about a year before he disappeared, perhaps when he was a first-grader.  Some little boys are bed-wetters for years, all the way up to junior high school. 

I have no idea whether Kyron was still experiencing nighttime bed-wetting in second grade, up to the time he went missing.  Just something I noticed that might or might not be of significance, and I brought it up because I have not heard or seen it discussed anywhere (although I could certainly have missed it).  There have been many cased of children who were hurt or killed by their caregivers due to frustration and anger over bed-wetting problems.  Thanks again for noticing my question and responding.

Link to picture:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8508.msg1230183#msg1230183

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #777 on: September 17, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys!

Just want to point out that prolonged bed wetting can be a sign of child abuse.     

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."  ~ Maggie Kuhn
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #778 on: September 17, 2010, 02:20:11 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys!

Just want to point out that prolonged bed wetting can be a sign of child abuse.     
That is true but some kids bladders don't develop like some other kids might. My husband as a child had this issue way over the time he shouldn't have been wetting the bed, and he was never abused.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #779 on: September 17, 2010, 02:24:49 PM »

Just want to get this out of my system:

Ok, now back to case.

I agree with Rose, who cares about these sexually explicit text messages, these are consenting adults.  Unless they are directly related to Kyron's disappearance, who cares? 
This is just going to bring more shame and embarrassment on these people that they are going to have to try and live down.  I hope someone with 1/2 a brain doesn't release this information- again- unless this has to do with Kyron's disappearance (or some other criminal activity), we don't really need to see them.  Back to the old adage: SEX SELLS!!! JMO.
LOL   Yes, sex sells, and though I will read them, don't really care if it has nothing to do with Kyron.

I have a hinky feeling it will all link....some way....to "why" something happened to Kyron.  Didn't LE say words to the effect: When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think.   I'm now wondering if it will all "link" (no matter how ridiculous, or stupid...sex, drugs, etc) when we look back on it all.

I agree, at the end we will find out how all of these players we have heard about connect.

I have to say, the comment made by LE could be said about any of the missing children stories. I cannot recall a story that LE hasn't found out horrible details to which we all have not been shocked. Has there ever been a case which the public has said, oh ok, well that makes sense? I am thinking that line was used to get the conversations going on this case again. He gave a little controversal snipet.

'When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think' that is a powerful statement. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.