April 27, 2024, 01:18:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #28 9/12/2010 - 9/18/2010  (Read 280633 times)
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2010, 03:10:11 AM »

Kaine sells Aloha House that was his house with Kyron, that he shared with Terri/James

Where was this house located and at this point, Kyron would be Kaine's only heir.  After selling this house and buying the new one, I'm assuming it wasn't marital property since Kaine bought it prior the marriage- unless Oregon is different.

Kiara and Kyron would be Kaine's heirs- unless there was a stipulation in an alleged life insurance policy for Quinn and/or James.  (It's possible, Kaine did help raise and support these boys)

Terri did not need to change James's last name to Moulton for inheritance purposes. 
I'd like to think she did it for her parents to continue on their family name. No matter what situation would present itself, this was Terri's maiden name/family name and no-one could take it away from James.

I always thought Terri had too much to loose with the MFH plot, but it seems like she could have gotten alot more with Kaine AND Kyron being out of the picture.

MK,

Regarding property division during divorce in Oregon:  we are a "no fault" state.  I believe property is divided equally, though I'm not sure how this differs from a "community property" state (like California, for instance).  Don't know if the length of the marriage would be a factor in deciding this, but I don't think so.  Seems like everything is just split in half... Here's a quote:

http://divorcesupport.about.com/od/statedivorcelaws/a/Oregon_Laws.htm
PROPERTY DISTRIBUTION:

Oregon is an equitable distribution state, and fault is not a consideration when dividing the marital estate. Retirement plans shall be considered part of the marital estate, and the court shall consider the contribution of a spouse as a homemaker as a contribution to the acquisition of marital assets. The court presumes that both spouses have contributed equally to the acquisition of property during the marriage, whether such property is jointly or separately held, and thus should be divided equitably.

In arriving at a just and proper division of property, the court shall consider reasonable costs of sale of assets, taxes and any other costs reasonably anticipated by the parties. If spousal support is awarded in lieu of a share of property, the court shall order the obligor to provide for and maintain life insurance in an amount commensurate with the obligation and designating the recipient as beneficiary for the duration of the obligation. In determining the proper division of property, the court may consider evidence of the tax consequences on the parties of its proposed judgment. [Based on Oregon Revised Statutes: Chapter 107.105]

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2010, 03:10:22 AM »

I found the link where James misses Kaine.  This is so dog-on painful, SM ripped James away from three fathers. IMO

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

James said he misses his little sister — and would like to see Kaine as well.

"He was like a dad to me," James said. "I lived with him for eight years."

Kaine hopes to talk to James again soon. snip...

(Towards the bottom of the page)

Checking in here, saw this, and it got me thinking.  Someone (MonkeyKing?) commented that Terri appeared to be kind of revamping her life late 2009-early 2010.   I agree.  This post caught my eye because in an interview since June 2010, James said he's talked to Terri on the phone a few times, but hasn't seen her face-to-face since Kyron went missing. This fits in with Terri sending him to live with Ron Tarver, but not because of Kaine.  If Terri was the reason, it would explain Terri not visiting James in person.  Why wouldn't she want to see James, to reassure him that she had nothing to do with Kyron's absence, to give him something to answer with when people or other kids make comments to him/question him/bully him?  Seriously, what good mother wouldn't? If Kaine were the reason James got sent away, James wouldn't have been so generous to Kaine in the interview.  He'd have either hem and hawed or he'd have slammed Kaine for sending him away.  He'd have also been defensive of Terri, in regards to Kaine...he did none of those three things.

Deenie has an interesting post on page 14(?), with a timeline of Terri's life.  It appears Terri can only sustain a relationship for 6 years.  It also appears she finds a new man when money runs out or he can't keep her in the manner in which she's accustomed to.  Which leads me to Kaine.  I wonder if Intel was cutting back in Oct-Dec 2009 (as many businesses were).  People were cutting hours, number of employees, Christmas bonuses, other perks, etc.  Wonder if anything came into play financially, like college tuition for James or the costs for owning/training/showing horses?  Was Terri a paid teaching assistant and was that "her" money?

As for the revamping, she allegedly contracted a murder-for-hire on Kaine, changed James' name and sent him to live with Tarver, and renewed her teaching license, all within 3 months.  Given her life's history, she has a pattern of changing husbands (every 4-6 years) and improving/advancing herself with some project (every 2 years).  IMO, she probably threw herself into Kiara as her "project", to the exclusion of Kaine.  Coupled with Terri's reported mood swings, Kaine may have felt displaced and somewhat reluctant to engage her.  Terri may have interpreted that as disinterest and rejection or as "evidence" of Kaine having an affair (shades of the Desiree situation).  So, Terri planned revenge with a murder-for-hire.  IMO, James was sent to Tarver because he was old enough and loyal enough to Kaine to be a problem.  If Kaine found out about her affair with the landscaper, she'd lose her financial cushion, her housing, and possibly Kiara.  However, if Terri realized it would be even more fitting revenge to disappear Kyron, a planned event with a planned alibi of course.  After all, Kaine would be devastated, Desiree would be devastated, Kiara would be the sole surviving child inheritance-wise, Terri could play grieving stepmom for a season, Terri would be free of both boys, and she'd eventually leave Kaine or Kaine would meet with some unfortunate accident.  *Side note: If I were Ecker or Tarver, I'd be thanking God right now that I was still breathing.* It wouldn't surprise me if Terri hadn't been planning Kyron's "disappearance" since February-April because the rest of the plan was coming together.  The landscaper was "caught" by the phone records, IIRC.  IMO, he didn't want to be implicated in a kidnapping/possible child murder, so he turned evidence on Terri in the murder-for-hire.  I don't think the landscaper is involved in Kyron disappearing though...too much chance for a he said/she said and him taking the fall by coming forward on the other.  Something prevented Terri from carrying out the hit on Kaine and caused her to focus instead on Kyron.  Did she think the house was in both their names or she'd get it under community property?  Or did she find out Kyron was the primary beneficiary or equal beneficiary of life insurance policies/Kaine's will/401K/investments?  Lots of questions, not enough answers. Wonder why Kaine never put Terri's name on the house deed?  Did he provide for Kyron at the time and just never got around to changing things? If Terri left Kaine, what would she get?  She'd likely get shared custody, alimony, and either a job or a man (bye-bye alimony).  Disappearing Kyron would probably seem like just desserts to her since she took care of him from toddlerhood.  But how does that solve her money angle?
O.k., done rambling for the night.  LOL!  Catch you later!         

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2010, 03:14:07 AM »

Zippiddy,

Zow!  That was so fast, thanks!!!        

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: September 15, 2010, 03:15:54 AM »

Terri is still under a no contact court order-correct?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #304 on: September 15, 2010, 03:19:12 AM »

I wonder if James being 16 was causing any stress in the home. Wonder if he wanted or had his driver's license. Perhaps Terri didn't want to share her Shiny Red Mustang. Is it hard to learn how to drive Kaine's truck? maybe he asked one to many times and Terri couldn't handle it and sent him away.  With her actions, she seems that selfish to me....JMO
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2010, 03:20:06 AM »

ISpy - James claims he has seen Terri:
James said she has a treadmill in her parents' home but no cell phone or computer.

He's seen her a few times and talks to her regularly on the phone.

"I think she's really lonely," James said. "She's not supposed to leave the house."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/terri_horman.html

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2010, 03:23:25 AM »

I wonder if James being 16 was causing any stress in the home. Wonder if he wanted or had his driver's license. Perhaps Terri didn't want to share her Shiny Red Mustang. Is it hard to learn how to drive Kaine's truck? maybe he asked one to many times and Terri couldn't handle it and sent him away.  With her actions, she seems that selfish to me....JMO

Yup James had passed his test for either a Learner's Permit OR Driver's License - there is a photo of him at the DMV somewheres - I'll try to find it ...
and ANY teenager is gunna add some stress to "any" household - it's their job  Monkey Devil!  IMO lol

"but the same rule always applies ... smile pretty and watch your back...." annie difranco
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2010, 03:26:34 AM »

Spodie - heres a link to a photo of James at DMV - don't really want to post his picture here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2052718&id=1264414625#!/photo.php?pid=1055389&id=1264414625&ref=fbx_album

Comment BELOW photo:
James just finishing the eye exam after scoring 93% on his driver's permit test.

Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #308 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:37 AM »

Yup James had passed his test for either a Learner's Permit OR Driver's License - there is a photo of him at the DMV somewheres - I'll try to find it ...
and ANY teenager is gunna add some stress to "any" household - it's their job  Monkey Devil!  IMO lol

To be sure! That is their job and I certainly mean no disrespect to James in any way. Terri was the problem.    IMO

Kyron Where Are You? We Want You Home!!!!
zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #309 on: September 15, 2010, 03:27:56 AM »

Spodie - heres a link to a photo of James at DMV - don't really want to post his picture here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2052718&id=1264414625#!/photo.php?pid=1055389&id=1264414625&ref=fbx_album

Comment BELOW photo:
James just finishing the eye exam after scoring 93% on his driver's permit test.

self-edited to repair "link" lol

Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #310 on: September 15, 2010, 03:29:24 AM »

Comment BELOW photo:
Dang Zip!  You gotta a good idea and a sharp mind. Hmmmmmmm interesting no photos of him ACTUALLY driving......I wonder.....the Truck or the Mustang?   
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2010, 03:30:49 AM »

Regarding where the money came from to hire a high powered attorney like Houze...
Here's a theory:  (oh, and I'm a rookie, so if this is NOT the place to speculate, I apologize in advance...)   

I'm wondering if Terry sold the rights to her story (memoir or book) to Houze for a token amount?  In other words, signed over the royalties to him.

Isn't there some law that states if you are imprisoned you can't profit from your crime?   

But, maybe....it's OK for your lawyer to?!?   

I do know for the average citizen, we each own the rights to our own story.  Only after you've been dead for a certain amount of time (50 years?) do those rights revert to the public.

If you are famous, however, I believe all bets are off because your story becomes public property... But!  If Terri did sign over the rights, she wasn't really famous (or I should say 'infamous') at the time...

What do you all think?    KoKo

Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2010, 03:31:40 AM »

Comment BELOW photo:
Dang Zip!  You gotta a good idea and a sharp mind. Hmmmmmmm interesting no photos of him ACTUALLY driving......I wonder.....the Truck or the Mustang?   

HAHAHAHAAHa
\
Zip you have a good memory......obviously I do NOT... lol
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2010, 03:38:58 AM »

Comment BELOW photo:

Aha!  THANKS for that!  I've been wondering about him driving for months now....

zippiddy_doo_daw
Scared Monkey

book 'em... Dan-O!!

« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2010, 03:39:19 AM »

Regarding where the money came from to hire a high powered attorney like Houze...
Here's a theory:  (oh, and I'm a rookie, so if this is NOT the place to speculate, I apologize in advance...)   

I'm wondering if Terry sold the rights to her story (memoir or book) to Houze for a token amount?  In other words, signed over the royalties to him.

Isn't there some law that states if you are imprisoned you can't profit from your crime?   

I do know for the average citizen, we each own the rights to our own story.  Only after you've been dead for a certain amount of time (50 years?) do those rights revert to the public.

If you are famous, however, I believe all bets are off because your story becomes public property... But!  If Terri did sign over the rights, she wasn't really famous (or I should say 'infamous') at the time...

SPECULATION - you ask whether this is the right place to speculate?  I say what do we "truely" have to base anything on in this case... aside from a few facts.. and most are second-hand for the most part?   Most has been speculation of sorts no?  At least IMO - and anythings plausible I reckon as for her signing over her "rights" to a later story/movie/etc 
Somebody that lives in Portland and contacted me through Facebook told me it's pretty common knowledge within the THSP "world"  that one of the Admin's on that site owns a trucking company and is "donating" or whatever, to Terri's "legal fund" ?  Of course - I take anything told me with a grain of salt at this point  Monkey Devil! (or a bucket full of salt)

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2010, 03:42:12 AM »

The money is interesting but I don't want to get off topic, here.  I've been itching to talk about James ...

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2010, 03:47:14 AM »

SPECULATION - you ask whether this is the right place to speculate?  I say what do we "truely" have to base anything on in this case... aside from a few facts.. and most are second-hand for the most part?   Most has been speculation of sorts no?  At least IMO - and anythings plausible I reckon as for her signing over her "rights" to a later story/movie/etc 
Somebody that lives in Portland and contacted me through Facebook told me it's pretty common knowledge within the THSP "world"  that one of the Admin's on that site owns a trucking company and is "donating" or whatever, to Terri's "legal fund" ?  Of course - I take anything told me with a grain of salt at this point  Monkey Devil! (or a bucket full of salt)

Thanks, Zip!

Yep, there hasn't been much info forthcoming, that's for sure.  When I first stumbled into this looking for a map, I ended up at the psychic's forum after a google search.   Learned a lot there!  Great maps!   Monkey Devil!

Anyway, it's true about Portland.  We have a huge writing community.  I know lots of people who have sold their stories.... 

Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2010, 03:48:34 AM »

OK, here's some speculation about James that will probably not win me any popularity contests:

What if Terri is covering up for James?   

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2010, 03:54:01 AM »

James was camping with his father, with the boy scouts I thought, the weekend Kyron disappeared.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2010, 03:54:20 AM »

::Ducking, flinching::  Well, at least if I have to skedaddle off of ScaredMonkeys, I can reacquaint myself with my family....  (Haven't seen 'em much for a few months... )   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.