April 27, 2024, 02:11:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #28 9/12/2010 - 9/18/2010  (Read 280572 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #780 on: September 17, 2010, 02:28:23 PM »

an angelic monkey

This is so cute!  KUDOS Brandi!

[/quote]

I agree!  Brandi, remembers joyous events in Kyron's life.  an angelic monkey

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #781 on: September 17, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »

Last night...someone asked where I was getting the information from that Kaine did not want to speak to the media...I remembered quite clearly that Kaine did not want the media involved.  That seemed very strange to me...because if my child was missing...I would want to throw out a wide as net as possible...so here are just a few articles about the silence that I remembered....
I guess I just have a little different view of this media business.  I don't think Kaine ever meant he didn't want the media involved....I think he wanted them involved in getting Kyron's face and info out there..and wanted to avoid the circus that we have seen in other cases.  He and Desiree have continued to say this isn't about them..this is about Kyron and tried to keep that in the forefront.  Also Kaine was getting pressure from Terri at home ..remember she was all involved with what people would think of her, her hair, delving into her background..and not being able to recall her where abouts on that day.  Terri did not want the media attention...

To me..it is very tricky for a family to try to navigate the waters of this media frenzy, trying to get Kyron's name and face out there in the public arena..and keep the public aware that they are still looking for their missing son, but remain as focused as possible.
Very rational analysis, IMO Gypsy.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Thank you for putting your thoughts into words on this subject. 

And please, no nanners from mad Monkeys, but I really like your new avatar.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: September 17, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys!
Just want to point out that prolonged bed wetting can be a sign of child abuse.     
That is true but some kids bladders don't develop like some other kids might. My husband as a child had this issue way over the time he shouldn't have been wetting the bed, and he was never abused.
IrishMonkey and NRCG are both right.  And it's more common than most people realize, with or without abuse.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bed-wetting/DS00611
Bedwetting
by Mayo Clinic staff

Soggy sheets and pajamas — and an embarrassed child — are a familiar scene in many homes. But don't despair. Bed-wetting isn't a sign of toilet training gone bad. It's often just a developmental stage.

Bed-wetting is also known as nighttime incontinence or nocturnal enuresis. Generally, bed-wetting before age 6 or 7 isn't cause for concern. At this age, nighttime bladder control simply may not be established.

If bed-wetting continues, treat the problem with patience and understanding. Bladder training, moisture alarms or medication may help reduce bed-wetting.

-----

Disclaimer:  I have no idea whether or not Kyron ever was a bed-wetter; nor if he was at some point, whether he was still wetting the bed at the time of his disappearance.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #783 on: September 17, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »

Just want to get this out of my system:

Ok, now back to case.

I agree with Rose, who cares about these sexually explicit text messages, these are consenting adults.  Unless they are directly related to Kyron's disappearance, who cares? 
This is just going to bring more shame and embarrassment on these people that they are going to have to try and live down.  I hope someone with 1/2 a brain doesn't release this information- again- unless this has to do with Kyron's disappearance (or some other criminal activity), we don't really need to see them.  Back to the old adage: SEX SELLS!!! JMO.
LOL   Yes, sex sells, and though I will read them, don't really care if it has nothing to do with Kyron.

I have a hinky feeling it will all link....some way....to "why" something happened to Kyron.  Didn't LE say words to the effect: When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think.   I'm now wondering if it will all "link" (no matter how ridiculous, or stupid...sex, drugs, etc) when we look back on it all.

I agree, at the end we will find out how all of these players we have heard about connect.

I have to say, the comment made by LE could be said about any of the missing children stories. I cannot recall a story that LE hasn't found out horrible details to which we all have not been shocked. Has there ever been a case which the public has said, oh ok, well that makes sense? I am thinking that line was used to get the conversations going on this case again. He gave a little controversal snipet.

'When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think' that is a powerful statement. 

I am just saying I don't recall a case that people didn't look back and think. This statement as powerful as it sounds could be a blanket statement which could be said about any case really.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: September 17, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »

Right about now would be a GREAT time for a beautiful pic of Kyron........anyone got one to post?
I like this one.  (Sorry, only logged-in monkeys will see it.)

There is something about this picture that gives me pause.  I don't recall it being discussed here or anywhere.  Anyone notice what it is?

It is the picture of Tony reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to Kyron.  Kyron is wearing a sleepy-shirt and is in the bottom bunk of his bed, with the Batman bedspread and pillow.  I found it here at SM, but can't locate the post where it appeared, at the moment.
Is it about his underwear?  It looks like he is either wearing decorated underwear or a diaper.  I can't tell.  I haven't seen any diapers in awhile.  Is that what you mean, Desdemona?
Yes, Claycat.  Thank you for responding.  Kyron appears to be wearing Pull-ups to bed in that pic with Tony reading to him from "Green Eggs and Ham."  I'm guessing the picture was taken maybe about a year before he disappeared, perhaps when he was a first-grader.  Some little boys are bed-wetters for years, all the way up to junior high school. 

I have no idea whether Kyron was still experiencing nighttime bed-wetting in second grade, up to the time he went missing.  Just something I noticed that might or might not be of significance, and I brought it up because I have not heard or seen it discussed anywhere (although I could certainly have missed it).  There have been many cased of children who were hurt or killed by their caregivers due to frustration and anger over bed-wetting problems.  Thanks again for noticing my question and responding.

Link to picture:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8508.msg1230183#msg1230183

You're welcome!  I thought that was very perceptive of you! 

It's true that some people react badly to bed-wetting incidents, especially if they have to keep changing the bed and washing sheets.  I was not a bed-wetter, but when I was little I couldn't control my bladder if I laughed too hard.  I remember getting spanked for that.

As Irish Monkey said, it can also be a sign of child abuse.  I hope this wasn't an issue with Terri.   

Boys seem to have more of a problem with the prolonged bed-wetting than girls. 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Spodie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #785 on: September 17, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »

I am wondering if the Sheriff regrets anything that he said yesterday.....It seemed almost like he was worn down at the end and that is when he may have said more than he intended to?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #786 on: September 17, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »

Last night...someone asked where I was getting the information from that Kaine did not want to speak to the media...I remembered quite clearly that Kaine did not want the media involved.  That seemed very strange to me...because if my child was missing...I would want to throw out a wide as net as possible...so here are just a few articles about the silence that I remembered....
I guess I just have a little different view of this media business.  I don't think Kaine ever meant he didn't want the media involved....I think he wanted them involved in getting Kyron's face and info out there..and wanted to avoid the circus that we have seen in other cases.  He and Desiree have continued to say this isn't about them..this is about Kyron and tried to keep that in the forefront.  Also Kaine was getting pressure from Terri at home ..remember she was all involved with what people would think of her, her hair, delving into her background..and not being able to recall her where abouts on that day.  Terri did not want the media attention...

To me..it is very tricky for a family to try to navigate the waters of this media frenzy, trying to get Kyron's name and face out there in the public arena..and keep the public aware that they are still looking for their missing son, but remain as focused as possible.
Very rational analysis, IMO Gypsy.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Thank you for putting your thoughts into words on this subject. 

And please, no nanners from mad Monkeys, but I really like your new avatar.

Kaine did act a bit different when he laid down ground rules and threw out 2 area papers for not being team players. That was an odd reaction, it is the truth and not a slam on him in anyway to say so. That being said, if you consider everything that was going on at that time within Kaines family, his brother being convicted of child molestation and all that was said about it, I can understand a bit of why he didn't want that coming out. I am sure it is a sensitive and private matter that Kaine has spent many years trying to recover from.
I think families all respond differently for a number of reasons.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #787 on: September 17, 2010, 03:22:08 PM »

Desdemona thank-you, and you can just imagine how bad a child feels for wetting the bed, especially if he/she gets punished for it.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: September 17, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »

We all know Terri herself doesn't have Kyron so who does? So lets say Kyron is being stashed somewhere, what does that person look like, not physically looks like but how do they act, what type of person are they? if it is a pedophile that purchased Kyron, what is his profile? I would think he would be between the age of 40-65, not married, no children and lives alone. He has money though because he was able to afford this.
If the person is stashing Kyron because they feel they are helping to protect Kyron from some type of presummed danger that Terri thought up, is this person a man or a woman? Do they live alone or with other people? How old are they? I would think this person is out of the state and not living locally.
Desiree and Kaine have said they believe he is being held locally, is that possible? does it make sense or would it be more realistic Kyron is out of the state or even out of the country?
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #789 on: September 17, 2010, 03:51:18 PM »

You know what I wonder about...the search and rescue dogs...where did they track to in the school?  I was assuming the side door where LE asked if they had seen TH's truck parked.  Anyone ever hear anything about the search and rescue dogs?
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #790 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:21 PM »

We all know Terri herself doesn't have Kyron so who does? So lets say Kyron is being stashed somewhere, what does that person look like, not physically looks like but how do they act, what type of person are they? if it is a pedophile that purchased Kyron, what is his profile? I would think he would be between the age of 40-65, not married, no children and lives alone. He has money though because he was able to afford this.
If the person is stashing Kyron because they feel they are helping to protect Kyron from some type of presummed danger that Terri thought up, is this person a man or a woman? Do they live alone or with other people? How old are they? I would think this person is out of the state and not living locally.
Desiree and Kaine have said they believe he is being held locally, is that possible? does it make sense or would it be more realistic Kyron is out of the state or even out of the country?

Well, Traceygirl, this is brutal...but IMHO...if Kyron is held locally...he is no longer alive.  Then again...look at the Duggard case...I guess...at this point...anything is still possible.
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #791 on: September 17, 2010, 04:35:14 PM »

Tracygirl, If Kyron was sold to a Pedophile Ring he would be moved out of town immediately and then out of state and then probably out of the country. In Des Moines IA 9-15-82 Johnny Gosch, a 12 year old boy was kidnapped while delivering the Des Moines Sunday papers. He was sighted in Omaha, NE and years later over seas. His mother Noreen Gosch has never stopped searching for him. Then in Des Moines IA Eugene Martin was kidnapped on 8/84 and Marc Alled was kidnapped 3/86. They seem to think they were are kidnapped and ended up in a Pedophile Ring over seas. It is absolutely heartbreaking. These children are drugged and forced let men do terrible things to them. Do a search for The Johnny Gosch Foundation for detailed information.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #792 on: September 17, 2010, 04:40:14 PM »

Just as I was reading this above post, something hit me...keeping Kyron stashed...if that's the case, someone has to be looking out for him, feeding him, etc.  It's bee a long time, too.  For what reason would someone want to spend their time 24/7 looking after an 8 y.o. that you can't even put into school during the day, spend money to feed them, take a chance of getting caught and going to prison, etc.  It's just been too long for stashing a child away for any ransom. 

What gain would anyone get from stashing a young boy for 3 1/2 months (so far)?  I just think too much time has gone by at this point. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: September 17, 2010, 04:41:11 PM »

You know what I wonder about...the search and rescue dogs...where did they track to in the school?  I was assuming the side door where LE asked if they had seen TH's truck parked.  Anyone ever hear anything about the search and rescue dogs?

I've not heard a word and I've watched for it, too.

Anyone else heard anything?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #794 on: September 17, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »

Just want to get this out of my system:

Ok, now back to case.

I agree with Rose, who cares about these sexually explicit text messages, these are consenting adults.  Unless they are directly related to Kyron's disappearance, who cares? 
This is just going to bring more shame and embarrassment on these people that they are going to have to try and live down.  I hope someone with 1/2 a brain doesn't release this information- again- unless this has to do with Kyron's disappearance (or some other criminal activity), we don't really need to see them.  Back to the old adage: SEX SELLS!!! JMO.
LOL   Yes, sex sells, and though I will read them, don't really care if it has nothing to do with Kyron.

I have a hinky feeling it will all link....some way....to "why" something happened to Kyron.  Didn't LE say words to the effect: When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think.   I'm now wondering if it will all "link" (no matter how ridiculous, or stupid...sex, drugs, etc) when we look back on it all.

I agree, at the end we will find out how all of these players we have heard about connect.

I have to say, the comment made by LE could be said about any of the missing children stories. I cannot recall a story that LE hasn't found out horrible details to which we all have not been shocked. Has there ever been a case which the public has said, oh ok, well that makes sense? I am thinking that line was used to get the conversations going on this case again. He gave a little controversal snipet.

'When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think' that is a powerful statement. 

I am just saying I don't recall a case that people didn't look back and think. This statement as powerful as it sounds could be a blanket statement which could be said about any case really.

Tracygirl, of course, you're right.  But IMO it is a little odd that LE came out and told us this in advance.

Even more odd that LE said they found out things they wish they didn't know.  At first, after the presser, it made me wonder if LE found out that one of their own was involved in some way (not directly with Kyron - but some way).  Now, though, I'm wondering if LE meant they wish they didn't know what all the adults around Kyron were involved in.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: September 17, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »

Puzzler I'm thinking that the sheriff meant they wish they didn't know what all the adults around Kyron were involved in.  At first I thought that maybe something they found with LE that they wish they wouldn't have discovered, but in that case, I don't think there would have been any comment like that  IMO>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #796 on: September 17, 2010, 04:59:03 PM »

Puzzler I'm thinking that the sheriff meant they wish they didn't know what all the adults around Kyron were involved in.  At first I thought that maybe something they found with LE that they wish they wouldn't have discovered, but in that case, I don't think there would have been any comment like that  IMO>

I agree. I think that is what he was alluding to. (BBM above)

Especially after he said something to the effect of: "When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think. "

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: September 17, 2010, 05:21:05 PM »

Especially after he said something to the effect of: "When the investigation is over, what you find out will make you look back and think. "

I agree with both of you.  We all know the company we keep says a lot about us as persons.  All adults know that..and some adults feel that their adult life is strictly their own..and does not impact others.  But I feel that the decisions adults make impact the children around them all the time.  If you are a moral person and a caring person..then more then likely that is the type of people you befriend.

In this case I think Terri befriended the wrong type of people and the result was Kyron's disappearance.  I don't know if she was into drugs, many illicit affairs or what..but I do know it takes a certain type of person to try to hire a hit on their spouse rather then just divorce them. I know it takes a certain type of person to be sexting just a few weeks after a child you stated you called "son" to disappear.  I know it takes a certain kind of person to worry about their hair color when this same child has only been missing less then a week.  I could go on..but you get the drift..

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: September 17, 2010, 05:23:58 PM »

Yes, and have been wondering and wondering what that may be 
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: September 17, 2010, 05:29:12 PM »

I think what I am trying to say is looks can be deceiving.  Here it looks like Kyron came from a very well adjusted, nice middle class family that were very involved in his life. However it appears Terri was much more involved in other things..and now I question her even helping out at his school..I think that was just for her gratification..to help her get a job there..not for Kyron.

I think from the things we know now we can see that Terri's life with Kaine had been one lie after another to him, their families and friends. 

I think people who knew Terri will be very surprised when they find out what she was truly like..and what she was truly doing with her free time....and somehow this ties into Kyron being missing.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.