April 27, 2024, 06:14:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND,OR #29 9/18/10 - 9/21/10  (Read 215893 times)
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »

Do you guys think it is weird that Kyron had his backpack that day if there was a supposed doctor's appt?  Would he have it anyway even if knowing he is leaving school?

I'm sure this has been asked before.

That's a great question and one that has been bugging the crap out of me. Wish I had an answer to that! 

In my opinion, his backpack and coat were left there to make it look like he was still around after Terri left.

Does anyone know for a fact if the backpack/coat/lunch were at his desk...or in a cubby?  I don't recall ever seeing anything with the exact location of the backpack, etc.  If they were not out in the open or at his desk, the teacher would easily overlook them. 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: September 20, 2010, 10:37:42 PM »

Wyks with your last post do you not think that Kaine was at work that morning?  My understanding was Kaine worked in the morning and then came home in the afternoon to work. I don't have a link for that, but believe that is what happened.

Yes, I believe he was at work that morning.  He supposedly 'had a meeting' to attend at Intel, and then spent the afternoon working at home.  I just wish Intel/LE would confirm that for the public.  We have Kaine's word for it, which I don't question at this point.  Confirmation on anything from LE would be nice tho. 

I find it extremely odd that Kaine would not know about the talent show. At least in my house, my children practiced and practiced for something so special as a talent show and anyone living in the home with an ounce of paying attention would know the child was going to be in something so important. I am not saying Kaine did know about it, I am saying it is so strange he did not know.

Speaking of Kaine, I am not suggesting he had anything to do with Kyron missing but I do think something is going to come out about him. Why? No reason except I have a funny feeling about him. Maybe it is because I found Terri's punishments too harsh and why didn't he step up for his own son. Has anyone besides Terri said Kyron was a problem boy who needed regular reports on his conduct from the teacher? Maybe someone who has read more and is more knowledgeable can comment. Thanks for listening!

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »

Another comment..how many children were in that classroom for him to be absent and not be noticed. So the kid went to the bathroom? My goodness, have someone go check on him, he might be sick in there he was gone so long.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2010, 10:42:45 PM »

My post re the "aunt " is in the middle of the last post of mine, for some reason.

Desiree's siter was posting on FB and almost immediately was point to TH by her posts.  Not naming TH, but the comments were quite clear.

Respectfully hellokitty: That was NOT Desiree's sister. She hasn't made any public statements, and there is no way you saw her FB because it's set on private and has been since Kyron vanished.

Just trying to keep it straight.   

Actually, Desiree’s sister did make one statement on behalf of the family:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8073.40
Reply #55

missing Kyron Horman
By Noelle Crombie, The Oregonian
June 07, 2010, 1:23PM

Some 72 hours after Kyron was last seen, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office incident commander, Capt. Jason Gates, said the effort to find the boy was personal.

"Kyron, we're gonna bring you home, buddy, nothing is more important to your family, your friends and us," Gates said, choking back a sob. "I'm a parent and we're all tired, but we're staying -- as long as it takes."

Seven-year-old Kyron was last seen inside Skyline School at 9 a.m. morning Friday, a busy day at the rural K-8 school thanks to a morning science fair and afternoon talent show. An intensive search and investigation into his disappearance were launched that afternoon and extended through the weekend.

Kelly Ramirez, the sister of Kyron's mother, Desiree Horman, issued a statement today on behalf of the family thanking the community for their concern and support.

"The incredible support we have received is overwhelming. To the numerous agencies, search and rescue teams and the community there are no words to express the gratitude we feel. You have worked tirelessly on Kyron’s behalf and continue to do so. At this point the most important thing is to get his picture out there. We encourage everyone if you would like to help this is what you can do. Print out his flyer, put it on the counter of every business you go into.  Kyron needs to be seen. Above all do not give up hope, as we certainly never will. He is out there and we are going to find him and bring him home safe where he belongs."

She said her sister is struggling to keep positive. "There's no words. It's unfathomable," she said. "You just try to keep positive. We firmly

believe that he will be found. We trust in the system. We know that everything humanly possible is being done." (snipped)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/ground_search_resumes_this_mor.html

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2010, 10:45:45 PM »

Another comment..how many children were in that classroom for him to be absent and not be noticed. So the kid went to the bathroom? My goodness, have someone go check on him, he might be sick in there he was gone so long.

It more than that...at the point the statement was made that maybe he was in the bathroom...was when the children were broken up into small groups to be taken around to view the science projects.  He was missing by the kids in the group..where's Kyron...oh, don't worry, he's probably in the bathroom.

That's what I'm saying - didn't the person responsible for her little group "ever" have another thought as to where Kyron was?

Would someone please correct me if I don't have this part correct?  Thank you.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2010, 10:46:06 PM »

Do you guys think it is weird that Kyron had his backpack that day if there was a supposed doctor's appt?  Would he have it anyway even if knowing he is leaving school?

That's a great question and one that has been bugging the crap out of me. Wish I had an answer to that! 

In my opinion, his backpack and coat were left there to make it look like he was still around after Terri left.

Does anyone know for a fact if the backpack/coat/lunch were at his desk...or in a cubby?  I don't recall ever seeing anything with the exact location of the backpack, etc.  If they were not out in the open or at his desk, the teacher would easily overlook them. 

All I know is this quote from Terri's email to KOIN TV:   

"“I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #746 on: September 20, 2010, 10:49:10 PM »

re the school and money.  If it is like my state, the school gets money for each child in attendance.  Since Kyron is not in school, Skyline would be getting money for him and he's not there.  It is taking money away from the system in general to count him as present.  I don't have any idea what the per pupil allocation is, but that money should go back into the system.  It will benefit other children that way. When he comes back, he can be added back in. It's not that I like this, but that is probably the way it works.
His being removed from the roster .. its sounds very harsh. But I think it is what it is " Accounting" as you said it better than I .. Hello Kitty.
I don't know why they added him in the first place. Not to be mean. I think it could have been handled in a more productive/positive way for the existing classmates of Kyron. I think it did more more damage to them " Creating a Desk, making them believe he is going to pop in any day and everything is going to move on as normal" as if Kyron has been on a trip will return ..
I think they ( the School) needed to instead of Candy Coat the situation is be real with the Students. Kids are a lot more intuitive today, and if you mess with the truth, they find you a liar as well.
For the School to allow the students of Skyline, some reasoning and Admit ' some things are out of our control' yet, we will do our very best to make your time at Skyline Safe. AND add as Truth, these things you can do to help Kyron ...at school and when your not in school.  Learn the rules of Stranger Danger, Be aware of your Surroundings, Pay attention to your surroundings, Watch out for your friends. Never Walk alone...offer them scenarios of What to do in a situation if it arises. What if ? If this happened, If you were approached, not to scare them, but to educate them and Empower them. Give them something tangible to work with, give them Tools to work with. Adding too Kyron would want you to be SAFE and aware. Giving them something positive to focus on and a learning experience as well. Kids want to help. They more than even the adults because this is their world that has been shattered at Skyline. They I am sure do not know who to trust at this point. Sigh.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: September 20, 2010, 10:50:32 PM »

Even better question.  So I went and browsed thru pages of first news articles listed in chronological order on another site (don't post out of respect for SM) and sure enough not one mention of it.  hmmmm

Now where did we get the backpack and jacket on the desk from?  I have a hunch it's from one of Terri's emails. 

Anybody else remember anything?
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #748 on: September 20, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »

"“I said I was going to look at other exhibits - how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic - had to been 300 people running around - no coordination ...”

Thank you.  I don't think it was ever said it was at his desk. 
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: September 20, 2010, 10:53:30 PM »

Scandi I call Jinx!  ha ha ha... I was posting after yours.  thank you.
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #750 on: September 20, 2010, 10:55:20 PM »

re the groups.

I don't know how he could have been in the room to be divided into the groups as LE said that the last person to see him was TH,  LE also said that he never made it to the classroom. 

Supposedly, the person who was leading one of the groups then said, "OK. I'm leaving"  which means to me that Kyron was not in her group or she wouldn't leave without him.

I just have to wonder why a child would remember that conversation on an exciting day.  the conversation is not that exciting to remember, except that we know now that Kyron was missing.

Maybe the teacher thought that tanner would report to his grandmother that Kyron went to the doctor and the teacher felt that it wasn't anyone's business.

Or the conversation never happened or it happened a different day.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #751 on: September 20, 2010, 11:00:16 PM »

Thank you.  I don't think it was ever said it was at his desk. 

Well I think this was easy enough for LE to prove or find false....I would hope.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #752 on: September 20, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »

No, I don't think it is weird. Why, because Kids today have to bring what they need from home/or carry things back and forth for their own security. Because it is not provided at school.  The schools are so fine lined on their budgets and supplies...
Kyron could have kept his personals in his backpack and felt a need to take his backpack no matter what.. just like an adult with a wallet or a purse.
Personals meaning anything from kleenex to his journal ..etc.. I remember my daughter had a journal as a project in 2nd grade. The teacher would tell them to write in it daily and always have it available to her.. she would read them and grade them. Didn't have to be words, could be drawings ..what ever the child was able to provide. I know I have it somewhere, lots of info in those journals.. even at the age of 6/7/8 years of age.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #753 on: September 20, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »

No, I don't think it is weird. Why, because Kids today have to bring what they need from home/or carry things back and forth for their own security. Because it is not provided at school.  The schools are so fine lined on their budgets and supplies...
Kyron could have kept his personals in his backpack and felt a need to take his backpack no matter what.. just like an adult with a wallet or a purse.
Personals meaning anything from kleenex to his journal ..etc.. I remember my daughter had a journal as a project in 2nd grade. The teacher would tell them to write in it daily and always have it available to her.. she would read them and grade them. Didn't have to be words, could be drawings ..what ever the child was able to provide. I know I have it somewhere, lots of info in those journals.. even at the age of 6/7/8 years of age.

Thank you Deenie.  So even if it was there it would not be seen as strange that he had it that day regardless of the Dr.'s appt "tale".  Not having any rugrats in my home and only a few nieces/nephews local my knowledge of current child rearing is limited...ha ha ha.  I know to always ask moms for the best answers.
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #754 on: September 20, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »

Deenie, was it you who asked me to throw you a bone re: what my hairdresser said?  LOL  She just called me back as I had put in a call to her.  First, I told her about Scared Monkeys and hope she joins.

Anyhoo, she couldn't remember where she saw the photos but did say she was Googling Images and Red Squirrel when she found them.  It was months ago when she did this.

What she said about them was not what I expected.  She said it wasn't like they were posed photos and there weren't other people in them.  But there were 'things' - maybe she means props or veils or something.  And she said looking at Terri gave her the distinctly DARK feeling.  Like there was murder on her mind.

I'm going to send her the weird music videos and see her on Fri.  She said if she finds the photos she'll let me know.  I'll also email her the link to SM as she would fit right in here.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: September 20, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »

Deenie, was it you who asked me to throw you a bone re: what my hairdresser said?  LOL  She just called me back as I had put in a call to her.  First, I told her about Scared Monkeys and hope she joins.

Anyhoo, she couldn't remember where she saw the photos but did say she was Googling Images and Red Squirrel when she found them.  It was months ago when she did this.

What she said about them was not what I expected.  She said it wasn't like they were posed photos and there weren't other people in them.  But there were 'things' - maybe she means props or veils or something.  And she said looking at Terri gave her the distinctly DARK feeling.  Like there was murder on her mind.

I'm going to send her the weird music videos and see her on Fri.  She said if she finds the photos she'll let me know.  I'll also email her the link to SM as she would fit right in here.

Sorry for asking but I'm dying here...are these the naughtly pictures she was talking about?
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #756 on: September 20, 2010, 11:15:56 PM »

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: September 20, 2010, 11:16:48 PM »

Well clearly I need to go to bed.  I can't seem to type anymore tonight.  Goodnight All.
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #758 on: September 20, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »

I fully believe if SM planned Kyron's disappearance she would have explored other options/scenarios for him to disappear from school or another place where he would have been under someone else's care, i.e. soccer practice or flying as an unaccompanied minor.  Does anyone know or can anyone find out if Kyron flew alone between PDX and MFR?  I know it was said that they would drive and meet halfway, but maybe once or twice SM had Kyron do a test run to see if it would be possible to make him disappear from the airport?  Airlines pay big settlements when they mess up with kids in their care.  Maybe she decided it would be too hard to do and decided to set up the school instead. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #759 on: September 20, 2010, 11:20:35 PM »

Wyks with your last post do you not think that Kaine was at work that morning?  My understanding was Kaine worked in the morning and then came home in the afternoon to work. I don't have a link for that, but believe that is what happened.

Yes, I believe he was at work that morning.  He supposedly 'had a meeting' to attend at Intel, and then spent the afternoon working at home.  I just wish Intel/LE would confirm that for the public.  We have Kaine's word for it, which I don't question at this point.  Confirmation on anything from LE would be nice tho. 

I find it extremely odd that Kaine would not know about the talent show. At least in my house, my children practiced and practiced for something so special as a talent show and anyone living in the home with an ounce of paying attention would know the child was going to be in something so important. I am not saying Kaine did know about it, I am saying it is so strange he did not know.

Speaking of Kaine, I am not suggesting he had anything to do with Kyron missing but I do think something is going to come out about him. Why? No reason except I have a funny feeling about him. Maybe it is because I found Terri's punishments too harsh and why didn't he step up for his own son. Has anyone besides Terri said Kyron was a problem boy who needed regular reports on his conduct from the teacher? Maybe someone who has read more and is more knowledgeable can comment. Thanks for listening!

Shell I have to go back and look. But I thought that I read that the Talent show was for the Students and Staff only.. that Parents were allowed to attend if they wish. But it was more so for a End of the School year type of show for the Students and Staff.
Maybe because it was in the mid day and not at night ??? Most Parents are at work during mid day so it would be sorta out of the ordinary for the Staff to expect Parents to attend.. Vs it being held at 7PM ..which they would expect all Parents to support their children by attending .. 
But they did offer it up on the bulletin board outside the school, that a talent show was on June 4th ..
I do not know what Kyron was to do within the talent show if he needed to practice at home or not .. Kaine seemed to be led by the Nose too .. if Terri never told him,, and Kyron being shy, He never said HEY DAD want to come watch me on stage at the Talent show that I am scared to be in ... Wanna come see me look really uncomfortable?
Terri seemed to keep a lot of info from Kaine, Or when ever she brought up Kyron's school it fell on deaf ears.. because she was so obsessive about it.. that everything she said sounded like the Teacher from Charlie Brown .. Wha Wha Wha to Kaine's brain  shakng2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.