April 19, 2024, 01:09:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barack Obama I too would like an apology  (Read 1963 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 14, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/13/us/politics/13obama.html?_r=1&n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fPeople%2fO%2fObama%2c%20Barack&oref=slogin

Obama Restructures a Remark on Deaths
Sign In to E-Mail or Save This
Print
Reprints
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine

By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Published: February 13, 2007

DURHAM, N.H., Feb. 12 — Senator Barack Obama of Illinois said Monday that he had misspoken when he suggested that the lives of more than 3,000 American soldiers killed in Iraq had been “wasted.”

As he arrived in New Hampshire, Mr. Obama said he would “absolutely apologize” to military families if they were offended by a remark he made in Iowa while criticizing the Bush administration’s Iraq policy.

“What I would say — and meant to say — is that their service hasn’t been honored,” Mr. Obama told reporters in Nashua, N.H., “because our civilian strategy has not honored their courage and bravery, and we have put them in a situation in which it is hard for them to succeed.”

A New Hampshire reporter asked Mr. Obama whether he regretted the remark, made at a rally on Sunday that “we ended up launching a war that should have never been authorized and should have never been waged, and to which we now have spent $400 billion and have seen over 3,000 lives of the bravest young Americans wasted.”

“Even as I said it,” Mr. Obama said Monday, “I realized I had misspoken.”

I continue to stand with the girl.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 12:22:31 PM »

None,
the sad thing is... and I know, I live here - is that most of the people that he was speaking to agree with him.  They do feel that the soldiers lives have been wasted. (If you ever really notice, most (not all, just most) soldiers come from "red states" and NH, ME, MA,CT, the New England states, are all deep blue).... I vehemently disagree though.

It also surprises me that women who would claim they are all about women's rights, don't support the liberation of the Iraqi's.  These were women who prior to Saddam were well educated, but that is one of the terrorist's tools, to keep women down. Rape them, stone them and by all means make sure they have no education or rights.

That alone is worth figthing for in my eyes.  Women have much more power than we are lead to believe.  If that wasn't the case, these terrorists wouldn't be targeting women in this manner.  After all, it is a mother who influences for better or worse, her children.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:45:04 AM »

I agree Mrs Red, the culture of the extremists as well as their agenda, is to diminish females to the greatest extent possible. As a nation and due to the suffrage movement we should feel threatened knowing increasingly muslim extremists are attempting to infiltrate the US, place undue influence upon our political landscape, and also target females as reflective all the sins of the western culture.

As for our military I think as many others in the media related this week, Obama is not handling the pressures of his candidacy well, in fact in one short week he's effectively shot himself in the foot more than a few times. I really don't care what he looks like in a swimsuit either, he obviously must however, having used that as the whipping post to beat up the media with? He's also gracing the cover of Men's Vogue this month?

Some very strong democrats are already speaking of Obama as in the past tense, and pointing toward a battle between Hillary and Edwards for the organized labor vote - which will most likely determine who ultimately gets the nomination.

IMO Obama missed his chance to expand and expound his own platform to the public with the launch of his campaign by wasting his time and ours, hurling at the media, the military, and at Hillary.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.