April 23, 2024, 11:19:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minnesota Voter Fraud - Need an ID?  (Read 991 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 13, 2010, 06:34:50 AM »

Disturbed by reports of voter fraud from the 2008 elections, the Sauk Rapids Republican entered the race for secretary of state with one overriding mission: to require voters present a photo identification card at the polls.

"We're talking about wholesale election reform," he said Thursday in an interview with the R-E. "All we're asking is, 'Bring some verifiable means ensuring people who cast the vote are ... eligible voters.'"

Severson's plan calls for installing photo ID equipment at every Minnesota polling place, which he said would cost the state about $28 million for full implementation. Severson said the new system would pay for itself in two election cycles through efficiencies and diminished labor costs.

The four-term House member said the plan would eliminate the potential for voter fraud - an issue he said exists in Minnesota.

Severson, who will challenge incumbent Democrat Mark Ritchie in November, said he was drawn to the issue after the 2008 elections when a woman reported that a busload of people in Hibbing got off a bus, poured into polling station, and were vouched for by one person.

In my community in Wisconsin, I had three women in front of me.  One was told she already voted, and the other two were registering one woman with verbal vouching and a utility bill.

No one asked any of these people to produce a photo, government issued ID.

"We have such an open door for fraud with the vouching system," said Severson, who has backed election reform legislation as a lawmaker.

more here - http://www.republican-eagle.com/event/article/id/68891/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.