April 19, 2024, 12:05:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accord, Part Two  (Read 1879 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: February 15, 2007, 12:18:36 AM »

Accord, Part 2

As I wrote in Accord 1, it is said we should never discuss religion or politics, but I've been happy with the Political Forum and how civil it's been since Natalee disappeared.

It is an inherent human instinct that people want others to agree with them.  That validates them. That is why countries go to war.  Believe in us, convert or else.

Scared Monkeys, are we not more mature than that? I can't think of any reason in the world why any of our deep relationships and friendships should suddenly end because of differing politics. Have we not shared many of our pains with each other, not to mention Natalee.

We MUST come to an accord with rules that we will NEVER attack another poster for their personal views about their candidates. Everyone has the right to post on the Political thread without being attacked for their viewpoint. We can talk about our candidate(s) with pride.  

We are not here to convert Democrats to Republicans or vice versa, etc., in the same way we are not here to convert people from their religion to ours. I'm still hopeful and confident we can debate in a constructive and open minded manner without tearing each other to pieces.  (jm)

I love all of you. Can we please get back to being friends? I'm fine if someone wants to endorse candidate X or candidate XYZ. Whatever you'd like.

I think we should follow our instincts. If we can reach an accord with each other, it would be a very positive move.

ALL MY LOVE,
Louise (on her knees, please)

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.