April 20, 2024, 03:21:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Delphi pension dispute due for federal probe"  (Read 1454 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 14, 2010, 09:53:56 AM »

WASHINGTON — Government investigators will look into whether political considerations prompted the Obama administration to give one-time union employees of Delphi Corp. pension benefits that were denied to the company’s non-union employees, Rep. Chris Lee announced Monday.

Barofsky said he would investigate whether anyone from the administration’s Automotive Task Force, or anyone else from the administration, pressured General Motors’ new management to give special favor to union pensions at Delphi, a one-time GM subsidiary.

The investigation also will cover “whether political considerations played a role in favoring hourly over salaried employees,” Barofsky said.

“American taxpayers own 60 percent of GM,” Lee said, “and they deserve to know why the administration made the decisions that left thousands of Western New Yorkers — and more than 20,000 Americans across the country — out in the cold.”

more here - http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article189854.ece

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:55:15 AM »

“From day one, it’s been about trying to fight for fairness for all Delphi workers and retirees, regardless of blue collar or white collar,” Lee said. “I’ve talked with Neil; he’s a good man and I know he will do a fair job in reviewing this; hopefully it’ll be the first step forward in getting a level of fairness for (salaried) retirees.”

Ultimately, Lee said, his goal is to see topping up of Delphi’s salaried retirees’ pensions as well. When their pensions were dumped, Delphi/GM stopped paying their medical insurance and PBGC reduced their base pensions by 30 to 70 percent.

GM has continued paying, in full, the medical insurance premiums of UAW retirees and a portion of premium costs for retirees in the electrical and communications workers’ unions.

http://tonawanda-news.com/local/x1950314197/Delphi-pension-disparity-is-under-investigation

Hmmm...where did the pension money go?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.