April 25, 2024, 09:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Free trade agreements no guaranteed recipe for success"  (Read 985 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 15, 2010, 07:01:02 AM »

Free trade agreements no guaranteed recipe for success

The Obama administration and the U.S Chamber of Commerce, among others (editorial, 9-5), are pushing to implement a free trade agreement with South Korea as soon as possible.

Some of these countries are very small trading partners, which makes me wonder why bother with FTAs with them. Isn’t the World Trade Organization’s platform good enough?

Free trade agreements paint a mixed picture. If they are judged purely on their economic merits, some are of questionable value. Each country has a different commercial story to tell, and wholesale comparisons cannot be made between the 11 agreements in existence.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/09/09/1333736/free-trade-agreements-no-guaranteed.html#ixzz0zav28ATU

Where is the upside for the American worker?  American business?

Who gets all the upside?  Large global players?

Drug gangs?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.