April 18, 2024, 09:14:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What watching a movie reminded me.  (Read 1660 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 15, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »

I am watching a pre-911 movie, and I just got a glimpse of New York.  There proudly standing the middle of Manhattan was the Twin Towers.  The very twin towers that terrorists unprovoked killed over 3,000 people mostly Americans, along with several other nationalilties whose only crime was that they got up and went to work that day.

So to imply that Americans deserved it, or that we are somehow impearlists that brought this to our own doorsteps is misguided.  Not only did these barbarians kill Americans, they killed Germans, Italians, Japanese... the list goes on.

It wasn't anything that America did, it was hate for our way of life which embraces freedom and goodness and if that is wrong, well too damn bad. I will continue to support my country that does believe in all the right things - which btw, isn't to say that we are perfect, but at least we heed the call to action and don't waste time just wringing our hands until it's too late.

So whenever you watch Moonstruck, or any other movie that has the Twin Towers in them, you remember that day over five years ago.  I think too many people have forgotten.  

That is why I am so passionate about this election and what it means... because I do remember and it matters.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:27:42 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red,

I have also seen so many movies prior to September 11 showing the Twin Towers. It always tugs at my heart to know they were taken down by terrorists.

I will NEVER forget that day. I was house sitting and dog sitting at my daughter's house and she was expected to fly back to LA that day. She called me at 7 a.m. and told me to turn on the TV. Later I went to take the trash barrels to the street and ran into her neighbor (an elderly lady) who was crying over the shock and loss of lives. She said, "My nephew worked there but he started his vacation the day before so he did not die."  

I went out to get a sack of dog food and I noticed almost all the cars driving around had "car flags." I went to A-1 Flag and Banner and stood in line for four hours (discussing with others in the line) to get a car flag.

When I came back home from house sitting, I bought a big flag and pole and metal pole holder. I drilled four holes in the crumbling stucco and put heavy duty glue to hold the screws. The flag is still waving from my front balcony facing the street. I also got license plate holders with the stars and stripes. I have four "stick on" flags on my car windows. I have a stars and stripes scarf thrown on the dashboard and a small flag inside my back window.

Many people still toot their horns at me and give me the "thumbs up" sign.

I will never forget.

With love,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.