April 27, 2024, 07:57:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #30 9/21/10 - 9/27/10  (Read 176166 times)
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: September 26, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »

Regarding HO. I would imagine everyone would agree, if the property has not been searched with cadaver dogs, it needs to be. Has it? Maybe? I would think yes, but since there has been problems before, then who is to really say with absolute certainty it has?
I think I can see both sides of this. Hopefully Tim Miller can be the one to put this to rest.

The sad thing is, this is all about politics. 

Harry's whole point over the Amber Alert was that even though he didn't "qualify" for the Amber Alert, but by putting him on it, there would have been more sets of eyes looking for him (the City of Portland) vs a 100 pair of eyes, which would have helped detectives.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #701 on: September 26, 2010, 01:17:36 AM »

I forgot,

Hi monkeys     

MuffyBee, Monkey King, alismom, nurseratchett, Grey, doubledecker, Brandi, seemeatthebeach, shy-monkey

Hey Nana,
Sorry I missed ya, was listening to the broadcast!   

nurseratchett
Scared Monkey

A gift from the stars

« Reply #702 on: September 26, 2010, 01:18:20 AM »

Brandi & Monkey King....

Thank you so much for the kind and warm welcome. Very kind of you.
I think I'm blushing now.

I like this little guy... reminds me of my beagle   
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: September 26, 2010, 01:27:45 AM »

nurseratchett - welcome to the cage!

Who do you think is responsible for Kyron going missing?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #704 on: September 26, 2010, 01:28:22 AM »

Hi all...My "virgin" post here @ SM... finally made it in after a long wait. Though I have to apologize to Klaas as I sent an email saying I had been waiting for 3 months and it's really only been a month and a half...(sorry Klaas- not a deliberate error), I guess it just felt that long cuz I was so anxious to discuss Kyron.
I don't have any personal knowledge of the family, but am local to the area, and have been following since the evening of 6/4. Naturally, being curious,as good monkeys are~ I scoped out some facebook pages immediately. It led to my current belief that a particular person plays the major role in Kyrons disappearance.
Now, that being said, my biases in the open, I will say this- I listened to Victoria Greyh, Ang, and Harry Oakes this evening. There has been a lot of controversy with HO and his braggadocio style, and there have been some issues with Ms.Greyh as well. The local rumors imply she is writing a book about the case. As far as Harry Oakes, well, I guess some in legitimate LE circles feel his methods and business management style are far from being beyond reproach.
The AMBER alert, and why it wasn't used, is clear to anyone who cared to investigate it, yet they still bring this up. It has a specific criteria, and unfortunately, Kyron did not meet that criteria. Harry Oakes should know that, so why would he say LE should have done that? To be argumentative?
Ang- bringing up the donations, Harry saying an audit needs to be done. Hmmmm...I just don't feel like this helps in any way to either
 A:find Kyron, or B: Bring justice by charging the responsible party.

But, I do want to say, I am very happy to be here, and have been reading since right after Kyron went missing, and have gotten a TON of good info here. I have said before, if you don't want to be investigated down to the last time you picked your nose, you best not anger the monkeys...

welcome here nurseratchett

As for the amber alert and it being activated, I looked up Oregon's requirements after reading that Kyron's case didn't meet the criteria (posted below). Two of the reasons I remember reading were that there wasn't a known vehicle description, they didn't even know if he'd left in a vehicle, and they had no proof Kyron was in any danger. The people in agreement followed with replies about how kids sneak out, take their parents cars and pick up friends, etc all the time.....Kyron was 7....7 and missing!!! Does it really matter how he left? A 7 year old missing because they chose to run away still has potential to land in a situation that goes wrong very quickly, as most 7 year olds, look 7 and they don't have enough experience to survive without an adult.

It's also not uncommon for abductors to switch cars quickly, fearing people may be on the look out for the car they were in when they abducted the person.

Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child, they must first determine if the case meets the criteria for triggering an alert. Local and state programs establish specific criteria. Oregonīs criteria is listed below:

Law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted
The child is 17 years or younger*
The child may be in danger of serious bodily harm or death
There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspectīs vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.
The child's name and other critical data elements - including the child abduction (CA) and AMBER Alert (AA) flags will/have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

nurseratchett
Scared Monkey

A gift from the stars

« Reply #705 on: September 26, 2010, 01:37:42 AM »

Thank You Puzzler for the welcome. ♥

I believe Terri Horman is responsible. Whether or not she had direct hands on help from DeDe Spicher, I am uncertain of. I don't think it had anything to do with human trafficing or her potential kinky side. I think she lost it that day, for whatever reason. I think she may have thought about it for a time before she did it, more as a fantasy than an actual plan. Then, whatever triggered her that day set it in motion.
I know many disagree, and that's OK, we're all allowed that still in this country.
I trust my gut, a lot. And in this, my gut says Ky is not "here" any longer. I know how much that hurts. I have many grandsons, and  one his age, one  a little older who could be his doppleganger. I run my hands thru his hair all the time, but since June 4th, when I do that, I also cry too, knowing Kaine and Desiree are missing that. Crying again now, just thinking about it.

So, even though some of us feel differently, I do believe we ALL care about Kyron, and that is what really matters. So many thinking and praying for his "peace".
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #706 on: September 26, 2010, 01:40:51 AM »

Thank You Puzzler for the welcome. ♥

I believe Terri Horman is responsible. Whether or not she had direct hands on help from DeDe Spicher, I am uncertain of. I don't think it had anything to do with human trafficing or her potential kinky side. I think she lost it that day, for whatever reason. I think she may have thought about it for a time before she did it, more as a fantasy than an actual plan. Then, whatever triggered her that day set it in motion.
I know many disagree, and that's OK, we're all allowed that still in this country.
I trust my gut, a lot. And in this, my gut says Ky is not "here" any longer. I know how much that hurts. I have many grandsons, and  one his age, one  a little older who could be his doppleganger. I run my hands thru his hair all the time, but since June 4th, when I do that, I also cry too, knowing Kaine and Desiree are missing that. Crying again now, just thinking about it.

So, even though some of us feel differently, I do believe we ALL care about Kyron, and that is what really matters. So many thinking and praying for his "peace".

Thank you.  We're so glad to have some on board from Kyron's local area. 

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: September 26, 2010, 01:49:02 AM »

As for the amber alert and it being activated, I looked up Oregon's requirements after reading that Kyron's case didn't meet the criteria (posted below). Two of the reasons I remember reading were that there wasn't a known vehicle description, they didn't even know if he'd left in a vehicle, and they had no proof Kyron was in any danger. The people in agreement followed with replies about how kids sneak out, take their parents cars and pick up friends, etc all the time..... Kyron was 7....7 and missing!!! Does it really matter how he left? A 7 year old missing because they chose to run away still has potential to land in a situation that goes wrong very quickly, as most 7 year olds, look 7 and they don't have enough experience to survive without an adult.

It's also not uncommon for abductors to switch cars quickly, fearing people may be on the look out for the car they were in when they abducted the person.

Once law enforcement has been notified about an abducted child, they must first determine if the case meets the criteria for triggering an alert. Local and state programs establish specific criteria. Oregonīs criteria is listed below:

Law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted
The child is 17 years or younger*
The child may be in danger of serious bodily harm or death
There is enough descriptive information about the child, abductor, and/or suspectīs vehicle to believe an immediate broadcast alert will help.
The child's name and other critical data elements - including the child abduction (CA) and AMBER Alert (AA) flags will/have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

I agree. This is why the age of consent/age of majority is 18, because generally, kids don't make responsible decisions and need their parents, or another responsible adult's, guidance. 

(Especially when they start running on those hormones and think they "know everything" phase.)

melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #708 on: September 26, 2010, 01:51:08 AM »

Hi All,
I'm new here, too.  Thank you Klaas for pushing my registration through.

I was visiting my family in Wilsonville most of this summer, so this has case has been on my mind all summer.

I also believe TH is the responsible party in this disappearance.  I also think DS helped (I don't think Dede helped plan, I just think she was the only one TH could go to when something went wrong that morning).  I think she had this planned, and I think it was done for the sole purpose of hurting her husband. 

I really hope they find Kyron. 

Sad

We have a similar disappearance in Oakland, CA (Hassani Campbell) and it really upsets me that no one seems to be looking for that boy a year after his disappearance.  His foster parents (his aunt & her now ex-husband) have quietly moved out of the area.  It's heartbreaking.
nurseratchett
Scared Monkey

A gift from the stars

« Reply #709 on: September 26, 2010, 01:52:49 AM »

Hi Shy...I like saying that...thank you for the welcome Smile

I agree with your info re: The Amber Alert System...and I was surprised to learn the criteria was so stringent. It doesn't seem to help in this case, or many others, but it seems like there should be something similar for other cases. Like on the TV, or radio when they issue an alert for weather, etc. why can't we do that for all missing children, and simply show a pic, (well, not on the radio of course)and indicate they are missing?

I can think of no worse hell than this.

nurseratchett
Scared Monkey

A gift from the stars

« Reply #710 on: September 26, 2010, 01:59:59 AM »

Welcome melancholygirl, the monkeys are quite friendly and pleasant to the newcomers here, I must say.

I have read about Hassani, and yes, it is heartbreaking what happened with him, another adult telling a story that makes absolutely no sense.
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: September 26, 2010, 02:00:02 AM »

WELCOME melancholygirl !!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: September 26, 2010, 02:01:54 AM »

melancholygirl,

welcome to the cage!

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: September 26, 2010, 02:05:32 AM »

Hi All,

I was visiting my family in Wilsonville most of this summer, so this has case has been on my mind all summer.

I also believe TH is the responsible party in this disappearance.  I also think DS helped (I don't think Dede helped plan, I just think she was the only one TH could go to when something went wrong that morning).  I think she had this planned, and I think it was done for the sole purpose of hurting her husband. 

Sad

We have a similar disappearance in Oakland, CA (Hassani Campbell) and it really upsets me that no one seems to be looking for that boy a year after his disappearance.  His foster parents (his aunt & her now ex-husband) have quietly moved out of the area.  It's heartbreaking.

WELCOME MELANCHOLYGIRL!

nurseratchett
Scared Monkey

A gift from the stars

« Reply #714 on: September 26, 2010, 02:11:02 AM »

Hi nana, klaas and seemeatthebeach...

again, thank you all for the very warm welcome. I do so enjoy the HUGE variety of opinions here, and am happy to be part of the cage.
I do have one question though.....Are monkeys allowed to enjoy an icy cold beverage after a crazy day at the emergency care cage? One that may have a mood altering effect?

If not, I will not mention that after a lovely inidan summer day here, I partook of a lovely orange ale.

They din't have any banana ale Sad
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: September 26, 2010, 02:11:12 AM »

Hi All,

Sad

melancholygirl
:

Glad to have you join us in the cage!

melancholygirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #716 on: September 26, 2010, 02:13:01 AM »

Thank you for the warm welcome Monkey King, Puzzler, seemeatthebeach & nurseratchett!!  I've been lurking here all summer and wanted to join the discussion, but had no idea how to get in.  It's nice to finally talk to you all.

Nurseratchett:  EXACTLY - Hassani's foster Dad's story didn't add up and neither does Terri Horman's.  I don't like thinking the worst of people out the gate, but in both cases their stories were bizarre and a little unbelievable (or in TH's case, a little too convenient)

Has anyone looked into the possibility that TH was using steroids? 

(and as a side-note - SPELL CHECK on posts - YAY!!)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: September 26, 2010, 02:14:18 AM »

again, thank you all for the very warm welcome. I do so enjoy the HUGE variety of opinions here, and am happy to be part of the cage.
I do have one question though.....Are monkeys allowed to enjoy an icy cold beverage after a crazy day at the emergency care cage? One that may have a mood altering effect?

If not, I will not mention that after a lovely inidan summer day here, I partook of a lovely orange ale.

Many days we ENCOURAGE a little drinking.....for our sanity!! LOL
We always share too!!

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: September 26, 2010, 02:17:05 AM »

We always share too!!

Speaking of sharing, another monkey named "Grey" has a HUGH bunch of bananas...(I pull one off the bottom every now and then so Grey won't notice one missing)   

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: September 26, 2010, 02:28:09 AM »

We always share too!!

Speaking of sharing, another monkey named "Grey" has a HUGH bunch of bananas...(I pull one off the bottom every now and then so Grey won't notice one missing)   

Your secret's safe with me Puzzler!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.